Bihar MBBS/BDS Counselling 2021: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) conducts the rounds of counselling. The counselling takes place in two to three rounds. Candidates whose name is on the Bihar MBBS 2021 rank list are eligible for the Bihar MBBS/BDS Counselling 2021. Candidates who have ranked in the top get a chance to attend the First Round of Counselling. Hence, top rankers can easily get a seat in the desired medical college. The Mode of the Counselling is Online, which means the NEET 2021 Applicants have to register themselves online.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Further, the candidates taking part in counselling should be well-versed with the counselling process, hence complete details from online registration to seat allotment are provided in this article.
Bihar MBBS/ BDS Counselling 2021
The state medical counselling for Bihar is also famously known as the Under Graduate Medical Admission Counselling (UGMAC). Through Bihar NEET 2021 Counselling, admission is granted to MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BUMS, BAMS, BVSc & AH. Furthermore, the complete counselling schedule is provided below to ensure that a candidate does not miss out on any of the important events.
|Merit List for Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission||– To be Announced –|
|Starting Date of the Online Registration for Seat Allotment and Choice Filling||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of Online Registration, Seat Allotment, Choice Locking||– To be Announced –|
|Final Provisional Seat Allotment Result||– To be Announced –|
|Booking of Slots for Document Verification and Downloading of the Allotment Letter||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification Process Schedule|
|Document Verification for the First Round Counselling – for all the candidates allotted in Govt. Colleges||– To be Announced –|
|Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Mop-Up Offline Counselling||– To be Announced –|
Steps to Participate in Bihar NEET Counselling
Candidates whose names are on the rank list can participate in the BCECEB MBBS Counselling. To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to register themselves and give their college preferences. Apart from that, the candidate’s NEET Score/ Rank is a huge deciding factor for the Bihar MBBS 2021 Admission. Eligible candidates also have to get their documents verified. Once the seat allotment results are out, candidates have a specific time frame to confirm their admissions by physically reporting to the allotted college. Further, below, we have provided the step-by-step procedure to register for the counselling.
Register and Login
- The Bihar MBBS Admission Application Form is released soon after the conclusion of the NEET exam.
- The official website of Bihar MBBS is www.bcecebiharboard.gov.in.
- Candidates have to get registered from the official website of BCECEB Patna.
- Registration involves filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images are provided later.
Check the Merit List
- Once the registration procedure gets completed, BCECEB Patna releases the Bihar MBBS Merit List.
- Hence, on the basis of the Merit List, and preferences, the allotment of the seats takes place.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking can be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates can further choose as many colleges as they wish.
- Candidates have to download the Bihar MBBS Counselling Call letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents.
- The seats are allotted on the basis of their NEET Score/ Rank and seat and Merit List. Top candidates get preferences over the lower-ranked candidates.
List of Documents Required in the Counselling of Bihar NEET Counselling 2021
For verification purposes, candidates need to carry a few documents to the counselling venue. In addition, a candidate must carry both the originals and photocopies of the below-mentioned documents. Note that in case these documents are not presented on the counselling day, then that calls for unnecessary trouble. Thus, the documents that must be carried for counselling are as follows:
- Domicile certificate
- NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card 2021
- Counseling Letter of Bihar MBBS/ BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 Admit Card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter Card/ Aadhar Card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Bihar MBBS Fee transaction slip and Bihar MBBS and BDS Application form.
- Candidates have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
Bihar MBBS Seat Reservation
The Bihar Medical Board reserves a percentage of seats for the candidates belonging to reserved categories. These seats can be claimed by the candidates belonging to the mentioned categories only. Candidates also have to provide the relevant documents for the same. Moreover, the categories and the percentage of seats reserved for them are mentioned in the table below.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|General Category or Unreserved||50%|
|Extremely Backward Class||18%|
|Other Backward Class||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls||3%|
Previous Years’ Bihar MBBS Important Lists
|UGMAC 2020 Important Lists||PDF Links|
|Allotted Candidates’ List of Mop-Up Round||Click Here|
|Combined Rank List||Click Here|
|Round-1 Opening & closing rank||Click Here|
|Seat Matrix||Click Here|
Participating Bihar MBBS/BDS Colleges and Respective Seat Intake
|S. No.||College Name||Seat Intake|
|Government Colleges offering Bihar MBBS Admission|
|1||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur||81|
|2||Nalanda Medical College, Patna||81|
|3||Government Medical College, Bettiah||85|
|4||Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri/Nalanda||85|
|5||Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||85|
|6||Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya||81|
|7||Sri Krishna Medical College, Muzzafarpur||81|
|8||Patna Medical College||123|
|9||Darbhanga Medical College, Laheriasarai||80|
|Private Colleges offering Bihar MBBS Admission|
|1||Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College||85|
|2||Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital||85|
|3||Narayan Medical College and Hospital||85|
|4||Kathihar Medical College||85|
|Government Colleges offering Bihar BDS Admission|
|1||Patna Dental College||30|
|Private Colleges offering Bihar BDS Admission|
|1||Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital||85|
|2||Mithila Minority Dental College and Hospital||51|
|3||Sarjug Dental College and Hospital||34|
|4||BR Ambedkar Institute of Dental Science and Hospital||34|
Bihar MBBS Merit List 2021
The Bihar MBBS/ BDS Rank List indicates the names of students who are eligible for counselling. It is published on the official website of the Bihar medical board. This list is prepared for ranking students on the basis of merit. Candidates’ NEET Score is considered for ranking students in this list. Furthermore, the students whose names are mentioned in it shall be eligible for counselling. Wherein, the candidates of higher rank get preference.