The Odisha MBBS Counselling 2021 is conducted by the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Cell (OJEE). There shall be two to three rounds of counselling followed by a Mop-Up Round Counselling. However, the counselling rounds take place on the basis of the NEET 2021 Exam Scores. Firstly, candidates have to register themselves and provide the college and course preferences. Then, on the basis of the seat availability, rank, and other factors, the authority releases the seat allotment list. Shortlisted candidates have to report the Allotted Institution for the Document Verification and Admission Fee Payment. So, in this article, we have provided complete details of the Odisha MBBS and BDS Counselling, Dates, Procedure, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of Odisha MBBS Counselling 2021
- The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination offers around 950 Medical and 150 BDS Dental Colleges in Odisha. Candidates can check all the details below.
- The Odisha MBBS Counselling Procedure is done online.
- The Admission to MBBS/ BDS in Odisha takes place on the merit-cum-preference basis.
- Only the students whose names are there on the merit list can take part in counseling. Candidates are also called for counseling as per their merit rank.
Odisha MBBS/ BDS Counselling Schedule
The Odisha NEET Counselling conducting body carries out each round as per the schedule. Candidates taking part in counseling should thus be well-versed with the schedule.
|Release of the Odisha State Medical Merit List pdf||– To be Announced –|
|Online Choice Filling and First Round of Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment List (Round I)||– To be Announced –|
|Provisional Admission for Round I||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Report the Allotted College||– To be Announced –|
|Display of the vacant seats||– To be Announced –|
|Choice Filling of the vacant seats (Round II)||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment (Round II)||– To be Announced –|
|Provisional Admission (Round II)||– To be Announced –|
|Withdrawal fro Admission (no resignation is allowed after deadline)||– To be Announced –|
|Joining Allotted Institute||– To be Announced –|
|Spot Round for Vacant Seats Left||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to report the college||– To be Announced –|
|Transfer of vacant seats to private medical colleges for the final Mop-Up Round||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Join the Private College||– To be Announced –|
Odisha MBBS Merit List 2021
Soon after the submission of the application form, the merit list is published online. The rank list released by the OJEE is for admission to seats reserved under the state quota. In addition, for ranking, the authority considers applicants’ NEET Score. Candidates can check the Odisha MBBS Merit List pdf here or by visiting the official website. The merit list of Odisha MBBS and BDS contains the name of the candidate, NEET Score, Rank, NEET Roll Number, Category, and State Common Rank.
Odisha MBBS Counselling 2021
The Counselling Process of Odisha NEET takes place in two rounds followed by a Mop-Up Round. However, the Mop-Up Round Counselling only takes place if there are any seats vacant. The counselling comprises of the online and offline process. The Counselling takes place for 85% State Quota and 15% for All India Quota Seats. Wherein the counselling for state quota is done by OJEE and for 15% AIQ seats by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). Last year, around 950 Medical Colleges and 150 Dental Colleges participated in Odisha MBBS Counselling Round. Candidates are selected based on the NEET-UG Scores.
OJEE Odisha NEET Counselling Procedure
As mentioned before, the Odisha NEET Counselling takes place online followed by a Document Verification Round. The document verification process, however, takes place offline, which means that the shortlisted candidate has to visit the allotted center. Also, the eligible candidate has to carry all the documents that are required for the Odisha MBBS Admission Counselling. Hence, the step by step process to apply for the Counselling is as follows-
- Firstly, visit the official website – www.ojee.nic.in
- Click on the Counselling Registration Link and Register Yourself.
- Enter basic information such as Name, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, Date of Birth, etc., and then submit.
- After the successful registration, a Registration User Id and Password are sent to your contact details.
Document Verification Process
- Now, using the Login Credentials, log in yourself to participate in the OJEE NEET Document Verification Procedure.
- For the document verification process, candidates have to report to the allotted center and get all their documents verified.
- If there is any mismatch in the documents, then he/ she shall not be eligible for the further admission process.
Choice Filling and Locking
- After the document verification process, you have to log in to their portals.
- Now, fill in the choices of colleges and courses according to your priority.
- After filling all the choices, lock in the choices. Candidates must note that the choices once locked cannot be changed further.
Seat Allotment Process
- On the basis of the seat availability, choices, merit rank, and other factors, the authority releases the Seat Allotment List for Odisha MBBS/ BDS Admission.
- The Odisha OJEE MBBS Counselling Result is declared online.
- For the further admission process, the candidates have to download their Admission Letter from the website.
Reporting the Allotted College
- Report the allotted college within the stipulated date and time.
Application Fees of Odisha MBBS 2021 Counselling
- The Counselling Fees for Unreserved Candidates is Rs 1000/- and the counseling fees for reserved category candidates is Rs 500/-.
- The Counselling Fee is Non-Refundable.
Odisha NEET Counselling – Instructions and Guidelines
- Candidates who are eligible for the counseling process have the list of the institutes on their online portal.
- Applicants can interchange, delete, and rearrange their options.
- Candidates cannot make modifications after the ojee.nic.in counselling closing date.
- Candidates can choose any of the Institutes from the list.
- Students are required to lock their final choices otherwise the choices that they have made earlier are saved automatically.
- Candidates must know that they can save their choices as many times as they want but can lock only once.
- The result is published after the counselling session is over.
Seat Reservation Policy of Odisha MBBS
Odisha JEE and Directorate of Medical Education and Training under the Department of Health and Family Welfare organizes MBBS Admission Counselling based on NEET UG 2021 Scores. Candidates must note that there is no OBC Category in Odisha State, therefore the candidates who belong to the OBC category are treated as Unreserved Category. The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of Marks of 50%. Candidates who are claiming reservations under Green Card Holder Category must be permanent natives of Odisha. The Odisha MBBS Reservation Category 2021 Policy is as follows-
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||5%|
Documents Required during the Document Verification Round
Candidates have to submit the following documents in the Document Verification.
- Secondary School Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Class 12thPass Certificate and Mark Sheet
- College/ School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Odisha
- AIIMS/ NEET Hall Ticket 2021
- AIIMS/ NEET Score Card
- Birth Certificate of the Candidate
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate (Qualifying Exam)
- Category Certificate (optional)
- A demand draft in favor of OJEE payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Allotment letter
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Driving License)
- Migration Certificate (from the last institution)
- Six recent passport-size photograph.
Odisha MBBS/ BDS Seat Matrix
Participating Institutes in Odisha MBBS Counselling Round
Candidates can check the list of MBBS/ BDS colleges that offer admission through NEET Scores in this section.
|Name of the College||Total Seats||State Quota Seats||All India Quota Seats|
|Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College, and Hospital, Koraput||100||85||15|
|Pt. Raghunath Murmu Medical College and Hospital, Baripada Odisha||100||85||15|
|MKCG Medical College, Berhampur||250||212||38|
|Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.||150||127||23|
|SCB Medical College, Cuttack||250||212||38|
|Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar||100 (including 15 NRI Seats)||85||–|
|Name of the College||Total Seats||State Quota Seats||All India Quota Seats|
|SCB Dental College, Cuttack||250||212||38|
|Hi-Tech Dental College Bhubaneswar||100 (including 15 NRI Seats)||85||–|