The Odisha MBBS Counselling 2020 Process will start soon after the release of the Merit List. The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Cell is responsible for conducting the Counselling. The mode of the Odisha NEET Counselling is online and is expected to start in the first/second week of July 2020. There will be two to three rounds of counselling followed by a Mop-Up Round Counselling. However, the counselling rounds will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Exam Scores. Firstly, candidates have to register themselves and provide the college and course preferences. Then, on the basis of the seat availability, rank, and other factors, the authority will release the OJEE NEET seat allotment list. Shortlisted candidates have to report the Allotted Institution for the Document Verification and Admission Fee Payment. So, in this article, we have provided complete details of the Odisha MBBS and BDS Counselling, Dates, Procedure, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination offers around 950 Medical and 150 BDS Dental Colleges in Odisha. Candidates can check all the details below.
Highlights of Odisha MBBS Counselling 2020
- The Odisha MBBS Counselling Procedure is done online.
- The Admission to MBBS/BDS in Odisha takes place on the merit-cum-preference basis.
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear the counselling round who have qualified the NEET Score.
- A merit list will be released for the candidates who have been selected for the counseling process.
Odisha MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule
|Release of the Online Application Form||Third Week of June 2020|
|Last Date to register||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|Verification of the Documents||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|Release of the Odisha State Medical Merit List pdf||First Week of July 2020|
|Online Choice Filling and First Round of Counselling||First Week of July 2020|
|Seat Allotment List (Round I)||Second Week of July 2020|
|Provisional Admission for Round I||Second Week of July 2020|
|Last Date to Report the Allotted College||Second Week of July 2020|
|Display of the vacant seats||Third Week of July 2020|
|Choice Filling of the vacant seats (Round II)||Third Week of July 2020|
|Seat Allotment (Round II)||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Provisional Admission (Round II)||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Withdrawal fro Admission (no resignation is allowed after deadline)||First Week of August 2020|
|Joining Allotted Institute||First Week of August 2020|
|Spot Round for Vacant Seats Left||Second Week of August 2020|
|Last Date to report the college||Second Week of August 2020|
|Transfer of vacant seats to private medical colleges for the final Mop-Up Round||Third Week of August 2020|
|Last Date to Join the Private College||Third Week of August 2020|
Odisha MBBS Merit List 2020
Soon after the submission of the application form, the merit list will be published online. The merit list will contain the name of the candidate who is selected for the OJEE NEET Admission/Counselling Procedure. The merit list will be released based on the NEET UG Score. Candidates can check the Odisha MBBS Merit List pdf here or by visiting the official website. The merit list of Odisha MBBS and BDS will contain the name of the candidate, NEET Score, Rank, NEET Roll Number, Category and State Common Rank.
Odisha MBBS Counselling 2020
The Counselling Process of Odisha NEET will take place in two rounds followed by a Mop-Up Round. However, the Mop-Up Round Counselling will only take place only if there are any seats vacant. The counselling will comprise of the online and offline process. The Counselling takes place for 85% State Quota and 15% for All India Quota Seats. Last year, around 950 Medical Colleges and 150 Dental Colleges participated in Odisha MBBS 2019 Counselling Round. Candidates will be selected based on the NEET UG Scores.
OJEE Odisha NEET Counselling Procedure
As mentioned before, the Odisha NEET Counselling will take place online followed by a Document Verification Round. The document verification process will take place offline, which means that the shortlisted candidate has to visit the allotted center. Also, the eligible candidate has to carry all the documents that are required for the Odisha MBBS Admission Counselling. Hence, the step by step process to apply for the Counselling is as follows-
- Firstly, visit the official website of ojee.nic.in
- Click on the Counselling Registration Link and Register Yourself.
- Enter basic information such as Name, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, Date of Birth etc. and then submit.
- After the successful registration, a Registration User Id and Password will be sent to your contact details.
Document Verification Process
- Now, using the Login Credentials, log in yourself to participate in the OJEE NEET Document Verification Procedure.
- For the document verification process, candidates have to report the allotted center and get all their documents verified.
- If there is any mismatch in the documents, then he/she will not be eligible for the further admission process.
Choice Filling and Locking
- After the document verification process, you will have to log in to their portals.
- Now, fill in the choices of colleges and courses according to your priority.
- After filling all the choices, lock in the choices. Candidates must note that the choices once locked cannot be changed further.
Seat Allotment Process
- On the basis of the seat availability, choices, merit rank, and other factors, the authority will release the Seat Allotment List for Odisha MBBS/BDS Admission.
- The Odisha OJEE MBBS Counselling Result will be declared online.
- For the further admission process, the candidates have to download their Admission Letter from the website.
Reporting the Allotted College
- Report the allotted college within the stipulated date and time.
Application Fees of Odisha MBBS 2020 Counselling
- The Counselling Fees for Unreserved Candidates is Rs 1000/- and the counseling fees for reserved category candidates is Rs 500/-.
- The Counselling Fees are Non-Refundable.
Odisha NEET Counselling – Instructions and Guidelines
- Candidates who are eligible for the counseling process will have the list of the institutes on their online portal.
- Applicants can interchange, delete, and rearrange their options.
- Candidates cannot make modifications after the ojee.nic.in counselling closing date.
- Candidates can choose any of the Institutes from the list.
- Students are required to lock their final choices otherwise the choices that they have made earlier will be saved automatically.
- Candidates must know that they can save their choices as many times they want but can lock only once.
- The result will be published after the counselling session is over.
Seat Reservation Policy of Odisha MBBS
Odisha JEE and Directorate of Medical Education and Training under the Department of Health and Family Welfare organizes MBBS Admission Counselling based on NEET UG 2020 Scores. Candidates must note that there is no OBC Category in Odisha State, therefore the candidates who belong to the OBC category will be treated as Unreserved Category. The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of Marks of 50%. Candidates who are claiming reservation under Green Card Holder Category must be permanent natives of Odisha. The Odisha MBBS Reservation Category 2020 Policy is as follows-
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||5%|
Documents Required during the Document Verification Round
Candidates have to submit the following documents in the Document Verification.
- Secondary School Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Class 12thPass Certificate and Mark Sheet
- College/School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Odisha
- AIIMS/NEET Hall Ticket 2020
- AIIMS/NEET Score Card
- Birth Certificate of the Candidate
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate (Qualifying Exam)
- Category Certificate (optional)
- A demand draft in favor of OJEE payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Allotment letter
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/PAN Card/Driving License)
- Migration Certificate (from the last institution)
- Six recent passport size photograph.
Odisha MBBS/BDS Seat Matrix 2019
Participating Institutes in Odisha MBBS Counselling Round
|Name of the College||Total Seats||State Quota Seats||All India Quota Seats|
|Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College, and Hospital, Koraput||100||85||15|
|Pt. Raghunath Murmu Medical College and Hospital, Baripada Odisha||100||85||15|
|MKCG Medical College, Berhampur||250||212||38|
|Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.||150||127||23|
|SCB Medical College, Cuttack||250||212||38|
|Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar||100 (including 15 NRI Seats)||85||–|
|Name of the College||Total Seats||State Quota Seats||All India Quota Seats|
|SCB Dental College, Cuttack||250||212||38|
|Hi-Tech Dental College Bhubaneswar||100 (including 15 NRI Seats)||85||–|
Dental CollegesThrough the last year participating colleges, candidates will get a rough idea of how many colleges and how many seats will be available in Odisha MBBS Counselling procedure. Thus, if you have any doubts regarding the counselling process, then please comment on the section below.