Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2018: TN MBBS Admission 2018 Mop- Up Round counselling schedule published. Link to download the PDF is provided below. Tamil Nadu is a state that houses a lot of medical and dental colleges. Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2018 Seat Allotment list released. Candidates can download the vacant seats list and seat allotment letter. Merit list for Govt and Management quota seats has been released in PDF format. For all the candidates who want to seek admission to the medical colleges of Tamil Nadu can take part in the admission process that is conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The admission to aspiring candidates who wish to do the undergraduate course of Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery (MBBS) will have to first take the national level medical examination i.e. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). According to the Medical Council of India (MCI), around 6000 seats are available in medical private and medical colleges of Tamil Nadu. All interested candidates must first take the NEET examination and then register separately for Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission that will begin in the 3rd week of June after the NEET results have been declared.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2018 Important Dates and Updates
- Tentative schedule for mop up round for admission to MBBS BDS course 2018 2019 session In Govt Medical colleges ESIC Raja Muthiah Medical College and Government quota seats in Self Financing Medical colleges and BDS seats in Government Dental – Click Here
- The extension of reporting date for those who have allotted or Re allotted in 2nd phase of MBBS BDS 2018 2019 session In Govt Medical colleges ESIC Raja Muthiah Medical College and Government quota seats in Self Financing Medical colleges and BDS – Click Here
- List of candidates allotted/ re-allotted on 12 August 2018 – Click Here
- Vacancy position in Govt colleges as on 11 August 2018 – Click Here
- Tentative 2nd Phase Counselling Schedule for MBBS/BDS 2018-19 session – Click Here
- Vacant seats in government college for MBBS/BDS 2018-19 – Click Here
- Errata update as on 10th August 2018 – Click Here
- Kind attention to the candidate who have applied for admission to MBBS/ BDS course 2018 2019 session in Govt Medical colleges ESIC Raja Muthiah Medical College and Government quota seats in Self Financing Medical colleges and BDS seats in Government – Click Here
- Allotted list for Management Quota in Self financing Medical Colleges for MBBS 2018 2019 session on 3rd August 2018 – Click Here
The counseling for admission to MBBS / BDS course 2018-2019 sessions in self-financing Medical/Dental colleges under Management quota will be scheduled from 30.07.2018 to 31.07.2018.
As per the order of Honorable Madurai Bench of Madras High Court dated 10.07.2018 in WP(MD) No 11916 of 2018 & WMP(MD) Nos 10872,10873 & 10874 of 2018, the counseling for admission to MBBS /BDS course 2018- 2019 session in self-financing Medical/Dental colleges under Management
quota which was scheduled on 16,17,18th July 2018 stands cancelled. The intimation regarding the reschedule of counselling for management quota will be hosted at a later date in the official websites.
List of seat allotted to the candidates college-wise – Click Here
Vacancy of seats in Govt. Colleges as on 6th of July 2018 – To Download the PDF – Click Here
List of allotted candidates for MBBS 2018 course has been released in PDF Format – Click Here To Download the PDF file
Download the PDF of the vacant seat in the colleges offering MBBS Programme for the academic session 2018-19. Click Here – to download the PDF.
Download the seat allotment letter for MBBS Course 2018. Candidates need to enter roll number and date of birth to download the seat allotment letter. Click Here – To Download the letter.
The counseling for admission to MBBS / BDS course 2018-2019 session in self-financing Medical/Dental colleges under Management quota will be scheduled from 16.07.2018 to 18.07.2018.
Candidates who have registered themselves for Tamil Nadu state MBBS Counselling 2018 must check and download the PDF of Merit List. To download the TN MBBS state merit list for Govt. and Management quota seats – Visit the “steps to download merit list” given below.
Aspiring candidates who are going to take part in the admission procedure must know all the dates related to the events of the Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2018. Knowing all the officially announced dates will help the candidates to not miss out on any crucial event. Have a look at the important dates below:
Steps to download the TN MBBS Merit List 2018
Candidates can check and download the TN MBBS State Merit List 2018 by clicking on the link given below.
- MBBS/BDS COURSES 2018-2019 SESSION (GOVERNMENT QUOTA) PROVISIONAL RANK LIST – Click Here
- MBBS/BDS COURSES 2018-2019 SESSION (MANAGEMENT QUOTA INCLUDING NRI)
PROVISIONAL RANK LIST FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES – Click Here
- Go to the official website of TN
- Click on the “merit list” link.
- The merit list will be displayed in the form of a PDF.
- Take a print out of the list for future references.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Selection Procedure and Admissions
The selection of Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions will be done through NEET 2018 score and the performance of the candidate in 10+2. All the applicants whoa re eligible will be called to partake in the counselling procedure that will be an offline process. Candidates will be required to appear for the counselling an hour prior to the time allotted for counselling. To know the whole procedure read the article given below.
Normalization of Marks
As per the Tamil Nadu Admissions bill, the concerned authority before publishing the merit list will be equating marks of the candidates that have passed from different state boards with marks of the candidates from Tamil Nadu state boards through the process of normalization:
- If the maximum marks obtained by the candidates of Tamil Nadu State Board in Physics is 100 and the highest mark secured by other Board candidates in Physics is 90 marks, then the highest marks for both boards will be considered equal to 100 marks.
- If Other Board candidates secures 60 marks in Physics when the first mark in Physics in the same board is 90, the 60 marks will be considered to be equal to 66.66 marks as arrived – 100×60/90 = 66.66%
- After the normalization of marks in each subject, all the names of eligible candidates will be put under a common merit list.
- In case of candidates who have qualified from national level boards like CBSE or ICSE, the highest marks obtained by a candidate at the national level will be considered.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List
The concerned authority of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 admissions will release the merit list for the 85% state quota. The merit list will contain the names of all those candidates who will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure. These candidates will be the ones belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The merit list will be prepared keeping in mind the NEET score of the candidate. All those candidates whose names are not there on the merit list will not be eligible for counselling. Those candidates whose names appear on the merit list will be sent a call letter for counselling.
In case two candidates obtain the same NEET score, the following tie breaking policy will be used.
- Higher preference will be given to candidate who scores more marks in Biology.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate with more marks in Chemistry will be preferred.
- If the tie is still persistent, candidate with higher date of birth will be considered.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling
The merit list will be prepared after calculating the high school marks of the candidate from 200. After the merit list has been published, candidates will be sent a call letter. The candidates who are appearing for the counseling must first download the call letter. The counselling will be held in offline mode where eligible candidates must be physically present. For counselling, candidates have to register on the concerned website and pay the counselling fee. The seats will be allotted after the completion of the document verification round. The seat allocation will be done on the basis of NEET rank secured by the candidates, choice-filled and availability of seats. After seat allotment, candidates are required to report to the allotted college for completing the admission formalities.