Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2021: Directorate of Medical Education (DME) releases the counselling call letter for Government Quota (7.5% Reservation). The selected candidates can download their counselling letter from the official website of DME, Tamil Nadu. The admission is held under the state quota of Tamil Nadu for the academic session of 2021. Moreover, for 15% AIQ seats, Medical Counseling Committee carries out counseling. Only the students named in the merit list can participate in the counseling sessions arranged by DME. The whole TN MBBS Admission counselling process involves registering, choice filling and locking, document verification, seat allotment, and admission confirmation. The counselling is conducted in multiple rounds until the seats are completely filled. Further, in this article, candidates can learn about the Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Counselling 2021 Schedule, Participation Procedure, and other important details.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2021
The Government of Tamil Nadu releases the seat allotment letter for the counselling schedule. Candidates have to enter their ARNO and Date of Birth to download the letter. The complete details on the TN MBBS/ BDS Counselling process are updated on the council website. In addition, the students participating in the counselling should keep themselves updated with the counseling schedule so that no major event is missed.
|Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Registration Deadline||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of the Rank List||– To be Announced –|
|Special Category and Ward Counselling for I.R.T Employees||– To be Announced –|
|First Phase counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Second Phase Counselling||Depends on the schedule of All India Quota Counselling|
|Mop-Up Round Counselling||If Seats remains vacant|
|Commencement of Courses||– To be Announced –|
|Admission Closes||– To be Announced –|
Visit Official Website of Tamil Nadu NEET for more details.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Procedure 2021
MBBS/BDS Counselling for Tamil Nadu state quota admission is mainly an offline process. Candidates have to physically mark presence with relevant documents. Counselling is held separately for each category. Only candidates who clear the NEET 2021 can attend the counselling session. DME, Tamil Nadu prepares and publishes the merit list, and based on that candidates can begin filling and locking choices. Here is a detailed step to participate in the counselling.
Register and Login
- Candidates have to get registered from the official website.
- Registration involves filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images are provided later.
- At this point, candidates are asked to carefully read the terms and conditions. To proceed, candidates have to agree on the declaration statement.
- After declaration, candidates have to confirm their registration and continue from therein.
Candidates will have to attend the document verification procedure. The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Allotment Letter for Counselling
- Domicile certificate for state quota in government colleges
- NEET 2021 Result Copy
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- Demand Draft payable at Chennai for Rs 500/- drawn in favor of “Secretary Selection Committee, Chennai, 10” at the time of Counselling as processing fees
- Counseling letter of Tamil Nadu MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- Bonafide Certificate for having studied in one or more schools of Tamil Nadu from VI to XII.
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and Community certificate (if applicable).
- Ration Card/ Passport
- Copy of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Fee transaction slip and Tamil Nadu MBBS Application form.
List of Parent’s Certificates
- Transfer Certificate/ SSLC/ 10th/ 12th Marksheet/ First Graduate Certificate/ No Graduate Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
Choice Filling and Choice Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking can be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates can choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate shall only be able to choose private colleges under the management quota.
- Choices are to be locked at the end and candidates shall not be able to make changes.
Candidates considered in the merit list can participate in the Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling process. Further, the candidates are given seat allotment choices and he/ she can accept it or participate in the next counselling round. Candidates are notified regarding the counselling time and venue via mail by the conducting body. Students have to reach on time at the scheduled venue with all the relevant documents.
- Candidates have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
Important Instructions for DME Tamil Nadu MBBS/ BDS Counselling 2021
Here are some important instructions, that a candidate must note about the counselling process.
- As many candidates are called for counseling, therefore, the allotment of seats is not guaranteed to everyone.
- Payment of Application Form fees is mandatory
- Go through the instructions very carefully.
- Candidates must attend the counseling as per the date and time scheduled.
- Candidates selected under Special Category will not be eligible for the re-allotment.
- If any candidate is absent in the First Phase of Counselling, then he/ she shall not be eligible for the subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Candidates who have opted out of the Government/ SF MBBS/ Govt. BDS/ SF BDS when the seats are available in the first phase of counseling, shall not be eligible for the subsequent rounds of counselling.
TN State MBBS and BDS Counselling 2021 – Fee Details
- Candidates appearing for the counselling have to produce two demand drafts. One for Rs 500/- towards processing fees (at Attendance Counter) and the Second Demand Draft towards Tuition Fees for the respective category at Bank Counter.
- Candidates allotted under Government Quota of Self-Financing MBBS but did not join, do not get their Tuition Fees Rs 25, 000/- refunded.
However, note that the provided fee details are as per the last years’ records. Thus, if any changes would be made, then the same shall be updated here.
Candidates who are selected in the counselling round become eligible to get admission in the TN participating institutes. Hence, the list of Government & Private MBBS/ BDS that participate in the admission process is provided in this section.
Government Medical College
|1||Madras Medical College|
|2||Stanley Medical College|
|3||Madurai Medical College|
|4||Thanjavur Medical College|
|5||Kilpauk Medical College|
|6||Chengalpattu Medical College|
|7||Tirenelveli Medical College|
|8||Coimbatore Medical College|
|9||Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College|
|10||KAP Viswanatham Govt. Medical College|
|11||Thoothukudi Medical College|
|12||Govt. Kanyakumari Medical College|
|13||Govt. Vellore Medical College|
|14||Govt. Theni Medical College|
|15||Govt. Dharmapuri Medical College|
|16||Govt. Villupuram Medical College|
|17||Govt. Thiruvarur Medical College|
|18||Govt. Sivagangai Medical College|
|19||Thiruvannamalai Medical College|
|20||Govt. Omandurar Medical College|
|21||Govt Medical College and ESIC Hospital|
|22||Pudukottai Medical College and Hospital|
Government Dental Colleges
Govt. Dental College
|1||Tamil Nadu Govt. Dental College|
Private Medical College
Private Medical College
|1||Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute|
|2||ACS Medical College and Hospital|
|3||SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center|
|4||Saveetha Medical College and Hospital|
|5||Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Hospital|
|6||Vinayaka Missions Sankarachariyar|
|7||Sri Satya Sai Medical College|
|8||Sri Balaji Medical College and Hospital|
|9||Meenakshi Medical College and Hospital|
Private Dental Colleges
|S. No.||Private Dental College|
|1||SRM Kattankalathur Dental College|
|2||Vinayaka Mission’s Sankarachariyar Dental College|
|3||Satyabhama University Dental College|
|4||Saveetha Dental College|
|5||Thai Moogambigai Dental College|
|6||Sri Ramachandra Dental College|
|7||SRM Dental College|
|8||Sri Balaji Dental College|
|9||Meenakshi Ammal Dental College|