- WB MBBS Application Form 2019: Department of Health and Family Welfare (DHFW) Kolkata will be opening the registration window for West Bengal MBBS Admissions 2019 during the 3rd week of June 2019. Candidates who are interested in seeking medical and dental undergraduate admissions under the state quota of West Bengal can enroll themselves from the official website of DHFW Kolkata. West Bengal MBBS Application Form involves Registration, Submission of Personal and Academic Details, Declaration, Domicile Confirmation, Payment, and downloading the Application Slip. The West Bengal MBBS Registration is strictly subjected to Eligibility Criteria. Candidates are required to meet certain standards set forth by the Department of Health and Family Welfare (DHFW) Kolkata. NEET 2019 Score will be a major deciding factor for the whole West Bengal MBBS 2019 Admission Drive.
In this article, viewers will learn about WB MBBS Application Form 2019 Release Dates, Registration Procedure, and other important details.
WB MBBS Application Form 2019 Release Dates
Application Forms for the West Bengal Medical/Dental Admissions will be released, for the time being, during the 3rd week of June 2019. Candidates will only have a few days until the registration window will be closed. Candidates are advised to get registered as soon as the West Bengal MBBS 2019 Application Form releases. Here are the important dates for Application Release of West Bengal Medical/Dental Admissions.
|1||West Bengal MBBS Admission Online Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Registration Deadline||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Merit List for West Bengal MBBS Admission||4th week of June 2019|
|4||First Round of Counseling||1st week of July 2019|
|5||Registration for second Counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|6||Second Round of Counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||Mop up Round Registration||4th week of July 2019|
West Bengal MBBS Registration Procedure
All the applications will be submitted online only. Candidates who are interested in applying for the West Bengal MBBS/BDS 2019 Admissions can follow the steps given below to get registered successfully.
Step 1: Registration
- The first step involved in the application submission process is the registration part.
- Candidates will have to go to the official website of DHFW Kolkata. The registration link will be updated in this article once the official link activates.
- Locate the link that says ‘Application To Participation in Pre counselling’
- Click on new application
- Provide valid email id and contact details
- Enter in basic personal and academic details such as Name, Age (as on 31st December 2019), Residential Address, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Email address, Category, Specifications of the previous examination passed including name of institution and marks obtained in PCB, Nationality, and Domicile.
- Candidates are required to Check on the declaration Page and domicile as well.
Step 2: Payment of Application Fee – No application will be deemed valid without the payment of application fee. Candidates will have to pay the application fee after submitting in the basic information. Fee Amount has to be paid in online via Debit Card/Credit/Net Banking or Offline via Bank Challan.
Application Fee for West Bengal MBBS admission 2019 will be INR 2000 for the Unreserved and OBC categories and INR 1500 for the SC/ST candidates.
West Bengal MBBS Application Correction – Candidates can make relevant changes before making the final submission. They can simply click on the ‘previous page’ button.
Step 3: Final Submission – After filling in the personal and academic credentials, scanned image uploading, and fee payment, candidates are advised to recheck the details filled in. Since there will not be any application correction facility, candidates need to take caution while submitting the WB MBBS Application Form 2019. Once the final submission is made, candidates will not able to change their forms.
West Bengal MBBS Eligibility Criteria
It is important that before getting into the registration process, candidates must qualify the eligibility criteria set forth by the DHFW Kolkata. Given below is the complete Eligibility guideline that West Bengal MBBS aspirants need to be aware of.
|Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
|Domicile Factor||Candidates seeking admissions for the medical and dental programmes must be a domicile of West Bengal
|Age Factor||The minimum age required to apply for West Bengal MBBS 2019 admissions is 17th years. The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.|
|Qualifying Examination||Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) according to the new notifications released by MHRD and state government. Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of West Bengal.
|Qualifying Subjects||Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission. Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.|
|Qualifying Marks/Percentage||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There will be relaxation of 5 marks for physically handicapped students, and a relaxation of 10 marks will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories|