Assam MBBS Counselling 2021: Directorate of Medical Education, Assam carries out the counselling rounds. The Counselling takes place in one to two rounds followed by a Mop-Up Round Counselling, if the seats remain vacant. However, the rounds of counselling are conducted in offline mode. That means the candidate has to reach the venue along with the documents. However, for Assam MBBS/BDS Registration Process, candidates have to qualify for NEET 2021. The Counselling Process is termed the last stage of the admission process. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the Assam NEET UG Counselling Round, Dates, etc. Important Dates of Assam MBBS Counselling 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Assam MBBS Counselling 2021
It is important for each of the merit students to take part in counselling as the absentees lose out their seats to other deserving candidates. Moreover, rounds of counselling are completed within a time frame. Hence, it is important for students to be aware of all the important dates of Assam MBBS/ BDS Counselling. The schedule of the process is thus provided below.
|Online Application Form||To be Announced|
|Choice Filling and Locking||To be Announced|
|First Round of Counselling Result||To be Announced|
|Seat Allotment||To be Announced|
|Reporting Allotted College||To be Announced|
|Second Round of Counselling||To be Announced|
|Seat Allotment Result|
|Extended Second Round of Counselling|
The students who clear this admission round get admission to government MBBS colleges located in Assam state. Therefore, it is an excellent opportunity for students wanting to study in the state. Candidates must provide original and photocopy documents at the time of document verification. The Assam NEET-UG Counselling 2021 takes place for 85% State Quota Seats and 15% All India Quota Seats which approximately counts 611 Seats in Medical Colleges and 16 Seats in Dental Colleges. Through the counselling, candidates get admission to the Government and Private College of Assam.
DME Assam NEET MBBS Counselling Fees 2021
Candidates who are appearing in the Assam MBBS Counselling 2021 round have to pay a counseling fee of Rs 500/-. The students who do not submit the fee on time are not allowed to participate in the admission round. Moreover, the students can submit the fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. The fee has to be submitted before the due date. Therefore, ensure that you pay it on time for being eligible for counselling.
Assam MBBS 2021 Counselling Venue
As the counselling is conducted in offline mode, so the candidates have to appear at the prescribed address. In addition, the venue is changed, then the conducting body informs the students about the same. Further, the possible counselling venue for Assam MBBS 2021 Admission is mentioned below.
DME MBBS 2021 Counselling Result
Assam MBBS Counselling Result is declared after the counseling procedure. This can also be called as Assam NEET Seat Allotment Result. In the counseling result, candidates shall receive admission as per the preferences they have mentioned in the application form. The Assam MBBS/BDS Seat Allotment Result 2021 is made available on dme.assam.gov.in. The List is released category-wise which means that the candidates who belong to the unreserved category reflect first and then candidates from the reserved category.
Previous Years’ Allotment Result
- Assam MBBS 2020 Round-1 for Withheld Candidates
- MBBS/ BDS 2020 Seat Matrix
- Round-2 Allotment Result 2020
Assam MBBS Counselling Procedure
Candidates who are appearing the Assam MBBS Counselling 2021 have to follow the following instructions-
- The candidates must be physically present during Assam MBBS 2021 Counselling.
- Based on the NEET 2021 Score, candidates are given State Merit Rank
- On the basis of the Merit List ranks, the candidates have to attend the counselling round.
- During the time of counseling, candidates have to show their Application Form and other documents.
- A counselling fee of Rs 500/- is applicable to all the eligible candidates.
- The Exam Authority examines and verifies all the documents at the time of counseling. If all the documents and certificates are correct, then candidates get admission on the basis of the choices they have provided while filling the application form and the availability of the seats.
- The authorities publish the seat allotment list after the counseling session which confirms their admission.
Documents Required for DME Assam MBBS Counselling 2021
The list of the documents for Assam MBBS Document Verification is as follows-
- Assam MBBS Application Form 2021
- NEET Admit Card 2021
- NEET 2021 Rank/ Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate (optional)
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Gap Certificate
Candidates must carry the original and photocopy of the above-mentioned documents. If the candidate failed to produce any of the documents, then he/ she shall not be eligible to attempt the admission procedure further.
Assam MBBS Participating Institutes 2021
Candidates who take part in NEET Counselling of Assam state are eligible for admission to the institutes affiliated with the DME, Assam. There are only a few MBBS/ BDS Colleges in the state. Wherein, the seats are allotted as per the merit rank. Further, the institutes that participate in the admission rounds are as follows:
- Assam Medical College Dibrugarh
- Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati
- Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, and Hospital, Barpeta
- Silchar Medical College and Hospital
- Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur
- Regional Dental College, Guwahati
Assam MBBS Merit List 2021
The merit list indicates the names of students who can participate in the round of counselling. In this list, the students who belong to Assam state and have cleared NEET Exam are ranked in order of merit. Further, the counselling takes place in accordance with it. Assam MBBS/ BDS Rank List shall be available on the official website. Candidates should check the list carefully as there could be two students of the same name. Thus, do check each detail on it carefully.