Assam MBBS Counselling 2020 will start soon after the release of the Assam NEET Merit List. Candidates whose name is on the merit list will be eligible for the counseling process. The expected date of the counselling is the first week of July 2020. The Counselling will take place in one to two rounds followed by a Mop-Up Round Counselling, if the seats remain vacant. However, the Assam NEET MBBS/BDS Counselling will take offline. That means the candidate has to reach the venue along with the documents. However, for Assam MBBS/BDS Registration Process, candidate have to qualify NEET 2020. The Counselling Process is termed as the last stage of the admission process. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the Assam NEET UG Counselling Round, Dates etc. Important Dates of DME Assam MBBS Counselling 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Official Dates of Assam MBBS Admission 2020 is not announced yet. The dates mentioned below are tentative. However, it is expected that the Official Notification and Online Application Form will be released on the June 2020. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the University Website to get the latest updates and notifications.
Important Dates of Assam MBBS Counselling 2020
The Official Dates of Assam MBBS 2020 Admission are as follows-
|Online Application Form||First Week of July 2020|
|First Round of Counselling||Second Week of July 2020|
|Seat Allotment||Third Week of July 2020|
|Reporting Allotted College||Fourth Week of July 2020 or First Week of August 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling||–|
|Seat Allotment Result||–|
|Extended Second Round of Counselling||August 2020|
Assam MBBS Counselling 2020
The Assam MBBS Counselling will take place offline. The Counselling Round will start after the release of the Merit List. Hence, candidates will be called out on the basis of the Rank secured by the candidate in the Assam NEET 2020 Merit List. After the counselling round, there will be a Document Verification Round. The candidate who has scored the highest score and is a domicile of Assam State will be given the first rank.
Candidates must provide original and photocopy documents at the time of document verification. The Assam NEET-UG Counselling 2020 will take place for 85% State Quota Seats and 15% All India Quota Seats which approximately counts 611 Seats in Medical Colleges and 16 Seats in Dental Colleges. Through the counselling, candidates will get admission in Government and Private College of Assam.
DME Assam NEET MBBS Counselling Fees 2020
Candidates who are appearing the Assam MBBS Counselling 2019 round will have to pay a counseling fee of Rs 500/-
Assam MBBS 2020 Counselling Venue
The Counselling Venue for Assam MBBS and BDS Admission is-
Office of the Director of Medical Education,
DME MBBS 2020 Counseling Result
Assam MBBS Counselling Result 2020 will be available after the counseling procedure. This can also be called as Assam NEET Seat Allotment Result. In the counseling result, candidates will receive admission as per the preferences they have mentioned in the application form. The Assam MBBS/BDS Seat Allotment Result 2020 will be available on dme.assam.gov.in. The List will be available category-wise which means that the candidates who belong to the unreserved category will reflect first and then candidates from reserved category.
Assam MBBS Counselling Procedure
Candidates who are appearing the Assam MBBS Counselling 2020 have to follow the following instructions-
- The candidates must be physically present during Assam MBBS 2020 Counselling.
- Based on the NEET 2020 Score, candidates will be given State Merit Rank
- On the basis of the Merit List ranks, the candidates will have to attend the counselling round.
- During the time of counseling, candidates have to show their Application Form and other documents.
- A counselling fee of Rs 500/- is applicable to all the eligible candidates.
- The Exam Authority examines and verifies all the documents at the time of counseling. If all the documents and certificates are correct, then candidates will get admission on the basis of the choices they have provided while filling the application form and the availability of the seats.
- The authorities publish the seat allotment list after the counseling session which confirms their admission.
Documents Required for DME Assam MBBS Counselling 2020
The list of the documents for Assam MBBS Document Verification is as follows-
- Assam MBBS Application Form 2020
- NEET Admit Card 2020
- NEET 2020 Rank/Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate (optional)
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Gap Certificate
Candidates must carry the original and photocopy of the above-mentioned documents. If the candidates failed to produce any of the documents, then he/she will not be eligible to attempt the admission procedure further.
Assam MBBS Participating Institutes 2020
List of Medical Colleges under Assam MBBS Admission 2020
- Assam Medical College Dibrugarh
- Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati
- Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, and Hospital, Barpeta
- Silchar Medical College and Hospital
- Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur
- Regional Dental College, Guwahati
Assam Admission 2020 Counselling will take place in the month of June 2020. It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify NEET 2020 in order to get admission under Assam Medical and Dental Colleges. So, Candidates must check the official website for more details and notifications. Thus, if you have any queries regarding the Counselling Process, then please comment on the section below.