Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2021: Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) conducts the rounds of counselling. Candidates whose names are mentioned in the Gujarat NEET 2021 merit list can participate in counselling. There are around 4600 seats offered for both MBBS/ BDS programmes in around 36 government and private medical and dental colleges/ institutes/ universities. Counselling Process majorly involves registration, choice filling and locking, seat allotment, and admission confirmation. In this article, candidates can get details on the Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2021 Dates, Participation Procedure, and other important details.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2021
The rounds of counselling continue until all the seats are allotted. Hence, if the seats are left vacant after 2 rounds of counselling, then a mop-up round is conducted. After each round of counselling, the allotment list is published. Moreover, participants should keep themselves updated with the Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Counselling dates to ensure that they do not miss out on any of the major events.
|Release of Gujarat MBBS Merit List||– October 2021 –|
|Choice Filling and Locking||– October 2021 –|
|First Seat Allotment||– October 2021 –|
|Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment||– To be Announced –|
|Second Counselling Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date for Application Submission||– To be Announced –|
|Document verification||– To be Announced –|
|Release of Candidate List||– To be Announced –|
|Choice filling for New Registrations||– To be Announced –|
|Mop Up Rounds||–|
Participation Procedure for Gujarat MBBS and BDS Counselling
Gujarat Medical and Dental Admission Counselling are carried out in online mode by the conducting body. To be eligible, candidates have to score a minimum percentile in NEET 2021 and clear the domicile criteria of Gujarat. Eligible candidates must register during the given time frame. Admission is granted as per the merit list and candidate’s preferences. There are at max two counselling rounds, and if requires, then mop-up rounds take place.
How to Apply for Gujarat Nursing Counselling 2021
The Step by Step Process to apply for Gujarat NEET Counselling is as follows-
Step 1: Register and Login
- The Gujarat MBBS/BDS Registration Form can be filled by visiting the Gujarat Medical Council official website.
- Candidates have to get registered from the official website of ACPUGMEC Gujarat.
- Registration involves filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images are provided in later sections.
- At this point, candidates are asked to carefully read the terms and conditions. To proceed, candidates have to agree to the declaration statement.
- After declaration, candidates have to confirm their registration and continue from therein.
- Log in to continue.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Choice Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking can be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates can further choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate shall only be able to choose private colleges under the management quota.
- Choices are to be locked at the end. After this step, no changes can be made.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
Candidates must download the Gujarat MBBS Counselling Call letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents. Candidates get seat allotment on the basis of their NEET Score/Rank and seat and NEET Merit List. Top candidates are given preferences over the lower-ranked candidates.
The list of documents to be carried at the time of document verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Gujarat
- NEET 2021 Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Gujarat MBBS Fee transaction slip and Application form.
Step 4: Admission Confirmation
- Candidates further have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
The allotment of seats is solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there are reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
|Management Quota||25% (including 15% NRI Quota)|
List of Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Participating Colleges 2021
Government Colleges offering Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Admission
|BJ Medical College|
|Government Medical College, Bhavnagar|
|Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College|
|MP Shah Medical College|
|Government Medical College, Baroda|
|Government Medical College, Surat|
|Government Dental College and Hospital|
|Government Dental College|
Private Colleges offering Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission
|CU Shah Medical College|
|GMERS Medical College|
|Dr. MK Shah Medical College & Research Center|
|Parul Institute of Medical Sciences and Research|
|GMERS Medical College, Hadiyol|
|GMERS Medical College, Vadnagar|
|GMERS Medical College, Gotri|
|GMERS Medical College, Sola|
|Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences|
|GCS Medical College|
|GMERS Medical College, Dharpur Patan|
|GMERS Medical College, Valsad|
|Pramukhswami Medical College|
|Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College|
|Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education|
|Ahmedabad Dental College|
|Karnavati School of Dentistry|
|Dharamsinha Desai Institute of Dental Sciences|
|Narsinhbhai Patel Dental College and Hospital|
|College of Dental Sciences and Research Center|
|AMC Dental College|
|Vaidik Dental College and Research|
|College of Dental Sciences and Research|
|Goenka Research Institute of Dental Science|
|Society of Gujarat Dental Health|
|MP Patel Dental College & Hospital|
Gujarat MBBS and BDS Merit List pdf
The Gujarat MBBS Merit List is released online on the official website of the medical council. It further indicates the names of the selected candidates. Candidates are called for counselling as per merit rank. Further, the merit list is published in PDF format. The students thus face no difficulty in downloading it. The rounds of counselling begin soon after the result declaration. Candidates should check the rank list carefully as there could be two students of the same name. Also, a rank list is released before each counselling round.