JEE Main Application Form 2020: NTA is the conducting body that conducts JEE Main exam all over India. The Application process of January session is over and soon the April session will start. JEE Main registration process (April Session) will commence from 7th February 2020 which will last up to 7th March 2020. JEE Main April 2020 application form will take place in an online mode. NTA will not accept any form submitted other than online mode. A candidate should submit only one application form while applying for JEE Main 2020. It is important to have a valid e-mail address and Mobile Number for JEE Main 2020 application form. This is because NTA will share all the information through email and SMS.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Candidates will get the option in the application form of JEE Main to select the medium of question paper i.e. English, Hindi, and Gujarati. After completing the application procedure candidates need to pay the JEE Main April application fee through Debit Card, Credit card, and Net Banking. Note that there is no more offline payment mode. After the registration process, the candidates will get the chance to make the correction if any. But, no candidate will get the chance to change the language of question paper during the correction in the JEE Main application form. Make sure that candidates must have knowledge of the exam centres so as to fill the exam centre in the application form as per the preference and convenience. Go through the article to know about the JEE Main April Application Form 2020.
Recommend Browser to fill the JEE Main form are:
- Google Chrome 3.0
- Mozilla 3.0 and above
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
Application Process of JEE Main 2020 (April, Just like January Session)
The application form of JEE Main 2020 April session will be released on 7th February 2020. Candidates can apply using the link (at the time of the event) available on this page.
JEE Main April Application Form/Registration Dates 2020
|JEE Main April 2020 Session|
|Application Form release date||7th February 2020|
|Last date of the submission of online form||7th March 2020|
|Fee payment last date|
8th March 2020
|Display of shift allocation and date||1st week of March 2020|
|JEE Main April Application correction||2nd week of March 2020|
|JEE Main Admit Card download||16th March 2020|
|JEE Main exam date|
5th, 7th, 8th, 9th & 11th April 2020
|Answer Key release date||2nd week of April 2020|
|JEE Main result date||30th April 2020|
Changes In JEE Main Registration 2020
National Testing Agency (NTA) has made some changes in the JEE Main application procedure. The details of the same are available below for help.
- The application form will now release twice for a session.
- Fill JEE Main online form using Passport/ Passbook/ Ration card/ Aadhaar or any other valid Govt. identity details.
- Now there is no age limit and candidates of age more than 25 years can also apply.
- The signature of parents is not required for filling the application form of JEE Main 2020.
- JEE Main 2020 Registration Procedure has been revamped. Candidates now need to fill personal and contact details as well as password to register.
- Uploading of photo and signature can be done through mobile/ webcam or desktop
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Cities have been reduced to 233 cities unlike 264 in 2019.
- JEE Main Registration fee has been increased for all categories.
- The JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020 has been changed by NTA
JEE Main 2020 Registration Statistics B.E/B.Tech (January Session)
|Total (PwD)||638219(2269)||283038( 574)||4 (-)||921261* (2843)|
JEE Main 2020 Registration Statistics B.Arch (January Session)
|Total (PwD)||73435(334)||64973(130)||1 (-)||138409* (464)|
JEE Main 2020 Registration Statistics B.Plan (January Session)
|Total (PwD)||33198(181)||25804( 53)||1 (-)||59003* (234)|
JEE Main Common Services/Facilitation Centres
Such candidates who are not familiar with the steps to submit the online application of JEE Main may use this service. Common Services Centre (CSC), comes under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology which is an initiative of Digital India. There are more than 1.5 lakhs CSC in India managed by Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) at each village panchayat level. CSC will help candidates in apply online for JEE Main as well as fee payment through e-wallet. For more details candidates can visit the website www.csc.gov.in.
JEE Main April Application Form 2020 – Procedure
In order to fill the online JEE Main application form, a candidate has to go through various steps. Candidates can submit the JEE Main April application form in four steps. Further, check the step by step process to apply for JEE Main exam below.
- JEE Main Registration and fill the application form
- Uploading of image and signature in JPEG/JPG format.
- Make payment either in online mode only using Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/UPI/PAYTM.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page (at least four) for further use.
Step 1: JEE Main 2020 Registration
- Go to the official website or click on the link available above. Then find the button of “Apply for JEE Main 2020.
- After that, a new page will open in a new window. Read the steps and then click on the “Proceed to Apply”.
- Then a set of instructions will open in a new tab, read them carefully. After that select the box & then click on the “Proceed to Apply Online” button.
- Now, JEE Main authentication form wherein candidates have to fill some details such as
- State of eligibility
- Identification ID Type
- Identification ID Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
- Then click on the “submit” button for the submission of the details.
- Further, the JEE Main April online application form will open in the next window. Candidates will have to fill all the details such as
- Personal details – State of Eligibility, Mother’s & Father’s Name, Caste Category, Gender, DOB, Nationality, etc.
- Exam related details – Applying For, Mode, Exam city, the medium of the question paper.
- Mailing address details – Country, State, District, Address, Locality, City, PIN Code, Email, Mobile Number.
- Academic details – Class 10th, 12th details, Passing Year, Roll Number, etc.
- Guardian details – Qualification, Occupation, Annual Income
- Choose Password
- Then enter the security pin.
- After filling all the details, click on the submit and review button
Step 2: JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Image Upload
After filling the online form of JEE Main, candidates will have to upload image in the prescribed format. The photograph should be coloured or black/white (clear contrast). Candidate should not wear a cap or goggles however, they can wear spectacles. Keep at least 10 photos in stock for use at the time of the exam, seat allocation, and admission. The signature of a candidate should be in running hands. The details such as file size, dimension, and format for photo & signature is available below.
|Signature||4KB to 300KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm||JPEG|
|Photo||10KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm||JPEG|
Step 3: JEE Main Application Fee 2020
It is important to make payment of the JEE Main 2020 application fee in order to submit the form successfully. Candidates can pay the JEE Main Application fee in online mode Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/UPI/PAYTM.
|Paper-1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||In India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 650/-||Rs 325/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 325/-||Rs 325/-|
|Outside India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 3000/-||Rs 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 1500/-||Rs 1500/-|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||In India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 1300/-||Rs 650/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 650/-||Rs 650/-|
|Outside India||General/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 6000/-||Rs 3000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 3000/-||Rs 3000/-|
Step 4: Printout of the Confirmation Page
After the successful payment of the JEE Main application fee, a confirmation will appear on the screen. Take 4 to 5 printouts of that page because that will be used at the other stages of the admission process. Do not send the send Confirmation page or any other document to NTA through Post/Fax/By hand.
How The Reserved Category Can Apply For JEE Main 2020?
In order to fill the JEE Main Form, the reserved category has to follow the procedure given below.
- Candidates must first register for the JEE Main 2020
- Then fill the application form.
- In the process of filling the application form of JEE Main 2020, candidates will be asked to enter their category.
- Candidates must fill the category option as per the category which they belong to.
- No need to upload the category certificate along with the JEE Main application form
Note: Reserved category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/ EWS etc) will be required during the JEE Advanced 2020 application process. Keep the caste certificate for the admission procedure.
How To Check The Application Form & Payment Status For JEE Main 2020?
Many times candidates after filling the application want to see their application status. In order to check the application status, candidates can log in to the account by using the “Application Form Progress”. This option will be activated in the candidate login. Through this process, candidates can check their application and payment status.
Candidates must take the print of the application form and fee payment receipt for future reference. If the application fee is not paid and the payment is processed then candidates have to pay the fee again.
Note: If the payment is not successful and the amount deducted from the account then that amount will be refunded within seven days.
Can I Retrieve My JEE Main 2020 Application Number & Password 2020?
Look into the steps to retrieve JEE Main Password & Application No.
Retrieve JEE Main Password
- Visit the JEE Main Login window
- Locate and click on “I can’t access my account” button
- Click on “I forgot my password” option.
- Three option will appear in front of the screen:
Using Security Question & its Answer chosen during JEE Main registration.
Or Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
Or Using a reset link sent via email to the candidate’s registered Email address.
- Go for one of the options given above and Retrieve JEE Main Password.
Retrieve JEE Main 2020 Application Number
- Visit the JEE Main Login window
- Locate and click on “I can’t access my account” button
- Click on “I forgot my application no.” option.
- Information such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, state of eligibility and security pin has to be provided.
- Candidates will have the application number if all correct information submitted is correct
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2020
NTA will open the window for correction in JEE Main application form 2020. In order to make changes in the details candidates have to log in their account through JEE Main correct portal. Make changes to the form before JEE Main correction the last date. We will update the jee main application correction 2020 dates when it will be available. Candidates will not be able to make any changes in the photographs and signature. For JEE Main online form correction, a candidate has to pay a certain amount of fee.