JEE Main Application Form 2020: The Application Procedure for the 2020 session of National Testing Agency (NTA) based Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) will commence, provisionally, from the first week of September 2019. Candidates who are interested in appearing for the examination can apply as soon as the registration process begins. This could be candidates who wish to reappear in the examination or who will be appearing, fresh, for the first time. The JEE Main 2020 Application Form requires candidates to fill the application form, upload relevant documents, and make the application fee payment. There will be a provision of application form correction for the JEE Main 2020 applicants around the first week of October 2019.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, candidates will read all about the JEE Main 2020 Application Form which includes JEE Main 2020 Application release dates, JEE Main Application Form fill up procedure, fee details, eligibility criteria, as the like.
About JEE Main Application Form 2020
- The Application Form for the JEE Main 2020 January session will be released by National Testing Agency or NTA in their official website.
- The JEE Main Application Form are to be filled and submitted in the online mode only.
- The JEE Main 2020 Application submission are subject to eligibility criterion devised by the NTA.
- Since NTA has decided to conduct the examination twice a year, candidates will have the provision of making JEE Main Application Submissions twice a year. The dates are mentioned in this article.
- There will be an application correction facility available for the JEE Main 2020 applicants.
- The applicants are required to have a valid Aadhar ID and for the candidates with the domicile of Assam, Meghalaya, or J&K can register with any other government recognized identity proof.
- The application form for JEE Main 2020 will require candidates to enter in information such as name, date of birth, parent/guardian details, residential and mailing address, academic details, etc.
- Check the immediately following module to know more about the JEE Main Application Form Pre-requisites.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Requirements
In order to complete the procedure of JEE Main 2020 Application Form filling, applicants will be required to have the following.
- For the JEE Main 2020 application form, the candidate will need his/her Aadhaar number or Aadhar Enrolment number (for those who have applied for Aadhar but yet to be received).
- Though Aadhaar registration is exempted for candidates from J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam, they still have to register with valid ID proof such as valid passport number, valid ration card number, or any valid government issued ID.
- The candidates will also need a valid email address and an active mobile number. This is for the reason that, many important details and information will be communicated to the candidate by the JEE Main 2020 authorities and the email ID and phone number will be the medium.
- Candidates will require a scanned image of recent photograph and a scanned specimen signature of the candidate as well as a scanned specimen signature of his/her parent/guardian.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Date
The first session will take place in the month of January and the second session will take place in the month of April. Candidates will have to apply for these sessions during the month of September and February respectively. The dates for JEE Main Registration process is as follows.
|JEE Main 2020 January Session|
|Application Form Available from||1st week of September 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||1st week of October 2019|
|Application Form Correction||2nd week of October 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 April Session|
|Application Form Available from||2nd week of February 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||2nd week of March 2019|
|Application Form Correction||3rd week of March 2019|
These dates are tentative. The exact dates will be announced and updated later.
How to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
The JEE Main 2020 Application Form will be released by the National Testing Agency in their official website, and candidates will be required to make their JEE Main 2020 Application Entries in the online mode only. The JEE Main Application submission involves registration, filling up of personal and academic details, uploading scanned images of relevant documents, and payment of application fee.
The detailed steps are as laid down below.
- Go to the official website of NTA: nta.ac.in
- Click on ‘Fill Application Form’
- New candidates should click on ‘Apply for JEE Main’ on the left console.
- Fill in personal and academic details such as Full name, Parents name, Permanent and Mailing Address, Test Centres, Academic Credentials, etc.
- Upload recent passport size photograph
- Upload scanned image of candidate’s as well as candidate’s parents/guardians signature.
- Upload important documents
- Pay the application fees.
Instructions for uploading the documents in JEE Main Application Form 2020
Scanned photograph should be passport format. Full front face view and shoulder is to be clearly seen in the photograph. Photograph must be in color with a light color background or clear black and white will do as well. Photos with caps, shades, other props will be rejected.
All images should be in JEPG file and should be between size of 4kb to 40kb for recent photograph and 1kb to 30kb for both specimen signatures. Dimensions for scanned image of recent photograph has to be 3.5cm x 4.5cm and dimensions for both the specimen signatures should be 3.5cm x 1.5cm. Refer the table below:
|Scanned image of you recent photograph||.JEPG||10kb – 200kb||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|Specimen Signature of the candidate||.JEPG||4kb – 30kb||3.5cm X 1.5cm|
|Specimen Signature of the Parent/Guardian||.JEPG||4kb – 30kb||3.5cm X 1.5cm|
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
No application form will be deemed valid unless and until candidates don’t make the application fee payment. The payments can be made online via Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking or offline via Bank challan.
The fee distribution is as given below.
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTER OPTED IN INDIA|
|JEE Main Paper-1 or|
JEE Main Paper-2 only
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTER OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY|
|JEE Main Paper-1 or|
JEE Main Paper-2 only
|Service Charges & Service Taxes (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank|
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Formatting
The Application Form for JEE Main 2020 will include all the following titles. Candidates, while filling in the JEE Main Application Form, will come across all these titles which they are required to fill in with appropriate information.
- Nationality – Candidates have to mention whether they are Indian or PIO or OCI or Foreign National.
- State of Eligibility – State from where candidates have passed their XII or equivalent examination or the state which is mentioned in their passports.
- State from where candidates have passed their XII Standard or equivalent
- State mentioned in the Passport
- Candidate’s Name – As per Aadhar or other valid certificate
- Date of Birth – As per Aadhar or other valid certificate
- Gender – Male or Female or Transgender
- Applying for which all exams for the JEE Main 2020 – Candidates have to mention which all papers they are opting for, i.e. Paper – 1 (B.E. / B. Tech.) Only Paper – 2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning) Only Paper – 1 & Paper –2 Both
- Choice of Examination City – select at least 4 cities
- Question Paper Medium – Hindi, English, or Gujarati.
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Category – General/SC/ST/OBC – NCL (Central List) State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL Central list must choose General. State admission boards shall verify State OBC list separately.
- Person with Disability or not
- Mailing Address
- Academic Details
- Contact Details
- Parent/ Guardian Details such as Occupation, Income
- Declaration by Parent/ Guardian
JEE Main 2020 Application Correction Facility
Candidates often make erroneous submissions in the information they enter or sometimes the photos uploaded are blurry and unclear. All these mistakes can be corrected as NTA will be providing a onetime Application Correction Facility post the JEE Main Application Form submission dates. Candidates, during this specially allotted time frame, will be able to make the relevant changes corresponding to the errors they have made. The JEE Main Application Correction facility will be open during the first week of October 2019 for the January session examination and during last week of March 2020 for the April session.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria is set forth by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for the purpose of maintaining a certain standard among the student resource that are going to be appearing in the JEE Main 2020. The Eligibility Criteria for the JEE Main 2020 will be based on several factors such as age, nationality, and educational qualifications. Other than that, the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria is a screening process in itself as many students do not meet the basic requirements set forth by the exam conducting body. The Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2020 is as given below.
|S. No.||Factors||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, NRI / OCI / PIO / Foreign Nationals can also apply.|
|2||Age||There is no specific age limit for the applications. However, he / she should be born on or after October 1st 1993.|
|3||Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any government recognized board. Other than that, candidates currently pursuing their class XII or equivalent are also eligible to apply.|
|4||Qualifying Subjects||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.|
|5||Qualifying Percentage/Marks||Candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.|