Am I Eligible for JEE Main exam? Can I apply for JEE Main 2020? What is the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2020? These are some of the questions that will be a bug for students who are planning to attempt the JEE Main for the first time. Even the candidates who have already appeared once or more than that will be doubtful about his/ her number of JEE Main attempts. Not just JEE Main but for any given examination, interested applicants must fulfill certain parameters and factors which will give them access to pursue these exams. Also, it is essential that candidates fulfil these standards failing to which candidates will be liable to rejection. JEE Main Eligibility Criteria has been changed for B. Planning.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
National Testing Agency has set certain parameters for the candidates interested in applying for the exam. Candidates who clear the JEE Mains will be eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced. However, no application will be deemed valid unless and until candidates clear their eligibility criteria. In fact, only the candidates who clear the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the JEE Mains 2020. Thus, it is important for candidates to be aware of the JEE Main eligibility criteria to be able to assess whether or not to apply for the JEE Main 2020 examination.
NTA JEE Main Eligibility Factors
The Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main is set by the NTA keeping several factors in mind. The eligibility criteria is a standard which a candidate should fulfill to apply for the exam. The factors that NTA has kept in mind include Age, Nationality, Qualifying Examination, Percentage in the qualifying, etc.
|Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, NRI/ OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals can also apply.|
|Age||There is no specific age limit for the applications. However, he/ she should be born on or after October 1st, 1993.|
|Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any government recognized board. Other than that, candidates currently pursuing their class XII or equivalent are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualifying Subjects||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
For B.planning, mathematics is no longer the priority for filling the form.
|Qualifying Percentage/ Marks||Paper 1: The candidate will secure at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.|
Paper 2: For B.Planning and B.Arch candidates must have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also 50%
Courses as per the required criteria
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH.||Passed qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along|
with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
|B.ARCH.||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B.PLANNING||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit for appearing in the JEE (Main) examination is null and void as there is no age limit for the candidates. However, the candidates who have passed XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2020.
- The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/ she is desirous of taking admission.
- As per JEE Main eligibility criteria, Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE) will satisfy those candidates who have passed their Class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019; or those who will be appearing in their Class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in both January 2020 and April 2020 examination.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/ Qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021, or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
- The number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE) – Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE Main 2020.
- The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2020 and if such candidates appear in JEE Main 2020 by furnishing wrong information, their JEE Main Rank/ JEE Main Result 2020 will not be declared.
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
JEE Main educational qualification for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through CSAB has been discussed here. Candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th for All India Rank. OR candidates have been passed in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./ B.Tech. & B. Arch./ B.Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs shall be asunder. Course Required Criteria based on Class 12th/ Equivalent qualifying Examination for B.E/ B.Tech states. Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject. For B.Arch./ B.Planning, candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
JEE Main Eligibility for Admission to other Institutions
The above-mentioned policy adopts by other Technical Institutions participating in counselling through JoSAA/ CSAB. In case a State opts to admit students in the colleges affiliated to State Universities, the State may prepare a separate rank list.