Am I Eligible for JEE Mains 2020 exam? Can I apply for JEE Main 2020? What is the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2020? These are some of the questions that will be bug students who are planning to attempt the JEE Main 2020 for the first time. Even the candidates who have already appeared once or more than that will be doubtful about his/her number of JEE Main attempts. Not just JEE Main 2020, but for any given examination, interested applicants must fulfill certain parameters and factors which will give them access to pursue these exams. Also, it is essential that candidates fulfill these standards, failing to which, candidates will be liable to rejection.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released certain parameters that have been set forth for the candidates who are interested in applying for the JEE Main that will be a threshold for various BE/B Tech/Architecture/Planning in various IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs. Not only that, candidates who clear the JEE Mains will be eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced which is a threshold for admissions in IITs. However, no application will be deemed valid unless and until candidates clear their eligibility criteria. In fact, only the candidates who clear the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the JEE Mains 2020. Thus, it is important for candidates to be aware of the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 to be able to assess whether or not to apply for the JEE Main 2020 examination.
In this article, candidates will be informed all about the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
NTA JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Factors
The Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2020 is set forth by National Testing Agency keeping in mind several factors that has set the tone and standard for the JEE Main 2020 Examinations. The JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria is a screening process in itself that will screen off un eligible candidates straight away and establish a certain standard in the candidate resource who will be applying for the examinations. The factors that NTA has kept in mind include Age Factor, Nationality, Qualifying Examination, Qualifying Percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination, and so on.
|S. No.||Factors||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, NRI / OCI / PIO / Foreign Nationals can also apply.|
|2||Age||There is no specific age limit for the applications. However, he / she should be born on or after October 1st 1993.|
|3||Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any government recognized board. Other than that, candidates currently pursuing their class XII or equivalent are also eligible to apply.|
|4||Qualifying Subjects||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.|
|5||Qualifying Percentage/Marks||Candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit for appearing in the JEE (Main) examination is null and void as there is no age limit for the candidates. However, the candidates who have passed XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2020.
- The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE) will satisfy those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019; or those who will be appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in both January 2020 and April 2020 JEE Main 2020 Examination.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
- Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE) – Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE Main 2020.
- The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2020 and if such candidates appear in JEE Main 2020 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) will be based on JEE Main 2020 All India Rank (AIR) as subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B.Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under. Course Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination forB.E/B.TECH states that candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject. For B.ARCH./B.PLANNING, candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
Eligibility for Admission to other Institutions
The above mentioned policy could also be adopted by other Technical Institutions participating in counselling through JoSAA/CSAB. In case a State opts to admit students in the engineering Colleges affiliated to State Universities, the State may prepare separate rank list based on criteria decided by them.