Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2020 will start soon after the release of the Merit List. The Counselling will take place offline. Shortlisted candidates have to report the college/venue at the scheduled date and time. The Government College of Medical and Hospital is responsible for the counselling process. Hence, through Counselling, the candidates will get admission in Chandigarh MBBS/BDS Admission. There will be no entrance exam conducted for admission. Hence, the admission will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the GMCH MBBS and BDS Counselling.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2020 – Dates
The Chandigarh MBBS Counselling will begin in the third week of June 2020. The Official Dates are not yet announced. However, we have provided the tentative dates of the Chandigarh NEET Counselling. We will update the dates once it is released.
|1||Chandigarh MBBS Application Form Release||Second Week of June 2020|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||Second Week of June 2020|
|3||Merit List Release Date||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|4||Counselling Rounds Commencement||First Week of July 2020|
|5||Seat Allotment Results||Second Week of July 2020|
|6||Admission Confirmation||Second Week of July 2020|
|7||Counselling Round (Second)||Third Week of July 2020|
|8||Seat Allotment Results||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|9||Admission Confirmation||First Week of August 2020|
|10||Special Counselling Rounds||First Week of August 2020|
It is to be noted that the schedule given above is tentative. The exact dates will be announced and updated later. Therefore, we advise the candidates to visit the official website for the latest updates and notifications.
Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2020 Procedure
Chandigarh Medical and Dental Admission Counselling will be an online mode procedure. To be eligible, candidates will have to score a minimum percentile in NEET 2020 and give their respective entries. Eligible candidates must register during the given time frame. Admissions will be given as per the merit list and candidate’s preferences. There will be a maximum of two counselling rounds, and if it requires, then mop up rounds will take place.
Thus, the candidates whose name is on the Chandigarh NEET MBBS/BDS Merit List will be called for the Counselling.
How to Apply For the Chandigarh MBBS Counselling?
Here are the steps to participate in the Chandigarh MBBS 2020 Counseling. Please go through the steps carefully.
Register and Login Details
- The Chandigarh MBBS 2020 Form is available online. Candidates must submit the form before the last date.
- To register, you need to visit the official website of GMCH- www.gmch.gov.in
- In this process, you will have to enter all the personal details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, etc.
- Soon after entering all the details, click on the submit button
- After the registration process, you will receive a User ID and Password.
- Now, using the ID and Password, login and perform the next step.
Selecting and Saving College/Course Options
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking will be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates will be able to choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- The options can be selected by clicking the ‘Add’ button corresponding to each option.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate will only be able to choose private colleges under management quota.
- The save option will be available for candidates to lock their options.
- Choices are to be locked at the end and candidates will not be able to make changes.
Seat Allotment and Document Verification
Now on the basis of the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counseling sessions of Chandigarh MBBS 2020 Admission. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. The counseling session will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
Documents Required for Chandigarh MBBS Counselling 2019
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Candidate’s NEET 2020 Result Copy
- NEET 2020 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Chandigarh MBBS Admission 2020
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Chandigarh MBBS fee transaction slip and application form
Seat Reservation in Chandigarh MBBS Counselling
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Number of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||4|
List of Participating Colleges for Chandigarh MBBS 2020 Admissions
|S. No.||List of College / Institute for Medical and Dental Admissions||Seats|
|1||Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH)||100|
|2||Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Science||100|
GMCH Previous Year Counselling List
|Chandigarh NEET BDS Merit List for Counselling||GMCH MBBS Merit List of SC Candidates|
|Chandigarh MBBS Provisional Merit List||Provisional Merit List of NRI Candidates|
|Revised Chandigarh NEET Merit List|
So, candidates if you have any queries regarding the counselling process, then please comment on the section below.