COMEDK MBBS Admission 2021: The COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical Dental Colleges of Karnataka. The Karnataka Examination Authority is the conducting body of the admission process. Candidates get admission based on NEET 2021 Scores. Around 85% of Seats are reserved for State Quota Government Colleges and 15% of seats are reserved for All India Quota Seats. The COMEDK provides admission to 14 Medical and 25 Dental Colleges. The COMEDK also conducts a Medical Entrance Examination as well for the candidates who are willing to apply to the Medical and Dental Colleges. In this article, we have discussed the procedures of COMEDK MBBS Admission 2021 which includes Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form process, Merit List, and much more.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
COMEDK MBBS Admission 2021
The admission to the medical colleges of Karnataka state is based on NEET Scores. Hence, candidates need to score the minimum qualifying marks for eligibility. Further, the Karnataka MBBS Admission procedure starts after the conclusion of the NEET Result declaration. Hence, aspirants should keep themselves updated with the admission activities dates. The dates are published on the KEA Website (www.cetonline.karnataka.gov.in).
|Starting Date of Online Registration||– July 2021 –|
|Last Date of Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Declaration of the Merit list||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification||– To be Announced –|
|Schedule for Fee Structure and Seat Matrix||– To be Announced –|
|Entry by the Eligible Candidates||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of Mock Allotment Result||– To be Announced –|
|Provision of Change in Options (if any)||– To be Announced –|
|First Round Allotment Result||– To be Announced –|
|Fee Payment and Confirmation of Allotment||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of Reporting the College||– To be Announced –|
COMEDK MBBS Admission Criteria 2021
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor in COMEDK MBBS/ BDS Admission. If a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, then the candidate cannot participate in the admission process. Further, the eligibility conditions set by the selection committee are as follows:
- The Candidate’s minimum age must be 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year. Candidates above 25 years are also eligible to apply.
- The Nationality of the candidate must be Indian.
- Candidate must have passed Class 12th with subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum qualified marks.
- The Applicants must score a minimum of (50% for Unreserved, 45% for Unreserved PWD, and 40% for Reserved Category) in each subject mentioned above.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET Entrance Exam with minimum aggregate marks.
The Minimum Required Qualifying Marks in NEET-UG
|Category||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR & PH||146-129||99|
|OBC & PH||128-113||233|
|SC & PH||128-113||70|
|ST & PH||128-113||18|
COMEDK MBBS Application Form 2021
The Mode of the COMEDK MBBS Application Form is online only. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible to fill the application form. Candidates are advised to submit the application form before the closing date of the application form. The cost of the application fees for General and OBC Category is Rs 650/- and the cost of the application fees for Reserved Category is Rs 500/-. The mode of the application fee payment is done online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking. Candidates who do not submit the form on time are not considered for the merit list. Further, the students should provide the correct information while filling the form, as that is used for the entire admission process.
COMEDK MBBS Merit List 2021
The COMEDK NEET MBBS and BDS Merit List is released online on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET-UG Scores. Candidates whose names are shortlisted on the merit list can participate in the counselling round. In addition, the students are ranked in order of merit in this list. Thus, the students have to appear for counselling as per this list only. Furthermore, for avoiding confusion in case two students have the same name, other details are printed on the merit list as well. The details you can locate on the merit list are as follows:
- Name of the Candidate
- State Rank of the Candidate
- NEET 2021-UG Score
- Roll Number of NEET 2021
- COMEDK Application Number
COMEDK MBBS Counselling 2021
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Merit List are called out for the COMEDK MBBS Counselling round. The Counselling takes place in two rounds and no candidate is allowed to withdraw their allotted seats after Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2021. In the Counselling Round, the candidate has to select colleges according to their preferences. If in case there are any seats remaining vacant, after the second round of counselling then the respective colleges conduct open counselling rounds as per the merit list prepared by the Counselling Committee.
Documents Submitted At the Time of COMEDK MBBS Counselling
- NEET Hall Ticket 2021
- Rank Card/ Scorecard of NEET 2021
- NEET 2021 Online Application Form Printout.
- 10th Class Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- 12th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (for Karnataka Candidates)
- OBC Certificate (for Karnataka Candidates)
- Minority Certificate issued by the Educational Institution confirmed.
- Domicile Certificate (optional)
- Valid ID Proof – (Aadhaar Card/ Passport/ Certificate with Photo Issued by the Head of the Institution last studied, School/ College ID.
Participating Institutes List
Candidates who qualify for the COMEDK NEET Admission process become eligible to get admission to any of the participating institutes. Hence, the list of both MBBS and Dental colleges participating in the admission process is provided in this section.
Medical Colleges of COMEDK MBBS Admission
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science
- Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical College
- H.K.E Society’s M.R Medical College
- J.J.M Medical College
- KVG Medical College
- Kempe Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- M.S Ramaiah Medical College
- SS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
- Father Muller Medical College
- SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Hospital
Dental Colleges of COMEDK Admission
Here we have provided the list of the dental colleges that offer COMEDK MBBS Admission-
- Bapuji Dental College and Hospital
- AME’s Dental College and Hospital
- College of Dental Sciences
- D.A Pandu Memorial R.V Dental Colleges
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences
- Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College Hospital and Research Centre
- HKES. S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research
- HDGET’s Dental College and Hospital
- KGF College of Dental Sciences
- KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences
- K.V.G Dental College and Hospital
- Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences
- M.R Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital
- S.B Patil Dental College and Hospital
- Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital
- Maratha Mandal’s Nathajirao G. Halgekar Institute of Dental Sciences
- P.M.N.M Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Jagadguru Jayadeva Murugharajendra Dental College and Hospital
- SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Sri Hasanamba Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College and Hospital