COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020 will start soon. The COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical Dental Colleges of Karnataka. The Karnataka Examination Authority is the conducting body of COMEDK MBBS and BDS Admission. Candidates will get admission based on NEET 2020 Scores. Around 85% Seats are reserved for State Quota Government Colleges and 15% Seats are reserved for All India Quota Seats. The COMEDK organizes COMEDK NEET Admission to 14 Medical and 25 Dental Colleges. The COMEDK also conducts a Medical Entrance Examination as well for the candidates who are willing to apply in the Medical and Dental Colleges.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, we have discussed the COMEDK NEET Admission Process which includes Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form process, Merit List and much more. Read the article further to know more about COMEDK 2020 MBBS Admission.
COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020 Dates
|Starting Date of Online Registration||Third Week of June 2020 (KEA Website)|
|Last Date of Online Registration||Third Week of June 2020|
|Declaration of the Merit list||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|Document Verification||First Week of July 2020|
|Schedule for Fee Structure and Seat Matrix||First Week of July 2020|
|Entry by the Eligible Candidates||Second Week of July 2020|
|The Release of Mock Allotment Result||Second Week of July 2020|
|Provision of Change in Options (if any)||Third Week of July 2020|
|First Round Allotment Result||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Fee Payment and Confirmation of Allotment||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Last Date of Reporting the College||First Week of August 2020|
The Official Dates of COMEDK MBBS Admission has not been announced yet. The Dates will be published online on the official website.
COMEDK MBBS Admission Criteria 2020
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor in COMEDK MBBS/BDS Admission. If a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, then the candidate will not be able to participate in the admission process.
The eligibility criteria of COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020 is as follows-
- The Candidate’s minimum age must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020. Candidates above 25 years are also eligible to apply.
- The Nationality of the candidate must be Indian
- Candidate must have passed Class 12th with subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum qualified marks.
- The Applicants must score a minimum of (50% for Unreserved, 45% for Unreserved PWD and 40% for Reserved Category) in each subject mentioned above.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET Entrance Exam with minimum aggregate marks.
The Minimum Required Qualifying Marks in NEET 2019 UG
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Required Marks|
|General (UR)||50th Percentile||119 marks|
|SC/ST/OBC (Reserved PWD)||40th Percentile||96 marks|
|Unreserved PWD Category||45th Percentile||107 marks|
COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020
The Application Form will be available in the month of July 2020. The Mode of the Application Form will be online only. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the application form. Candidates are advised to submit the application form before the closing date of the application form. The cost of the application fees for General and OBC Category is Rs 650/- and the cost of the application fees for Reserved Category is Rs 500/-. The mode of the application fee payment is done online through Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
COMEDK MBBS Merit List 2020
The COMEDK NEET MBBS and BDS Merit List will be released online on the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The Merit List will be prepared on the basis of NEET UG Scores. Candidates whose name will be shortlisted on the merit list will be eligible to appear in the counselling round.
The Details that are printed on COMEDK MBBS Merit List 2020 are as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- State Rank of the Candidate
- NEET 2020 UG Score
- Roll Number of NEET 2020
- COMEDK Application Number
COMEDK MBBS Counselling 2020
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the COMEDK MBBS 2020 Merit List will be called out for counselling round. The Counselling will take place in two rounds and no candidate will be allowed to withdraw their allotted seats after Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020. In the Counselling Round, the candidate will have to select colleges according to their preferences. If in case there are any seats remaining vacant, after the second round of counselling then the respective colleges will conduct an open counselling rounds as per the merit list prepared by the Counselling Committee.
Documents Submitted At the Time of COMEDK MBBS Counselling
The Documents that are required at the time of COMEDK MBBS Counselling 2020 is as follows-
- NEET Hall Ticket 2020
- Rank Card/Scorecard of NEET 2020
- NEET 2020 Online Application Form Printout.
- 10th Class Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- 12th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (for Karnataka Candidates)
- OBC Certificate (for Karnataka Candidates)
- Minority Certificate issued by the Educational Institution confirmed.
- Domicile Certificate (optional)
- Valid ID Proof – (Aadhaar Card/ Passport/Certificate with Photo Issued by the Head of the Institution last studied, School/College ID.
Participating Institutes List
In this section, we have listed out complete details of COMEDK MBBS Admission –
Medical Colleges of COMEDK MBBS Admission
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science
- Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical College
- H.K.E Society’s M.R Medical College
- J.J.M Medical College
- KVG Medical College
- Kempe Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- M.S Ramaiah Medical College
- SS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
- Father Muller Medical College
- SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Hospital
Dental Colleges of COMEDK MBBS Admission
Here we have provided the list of the dental colleges that offer COMEDK MBBS Admission-
- Bapuji Dental College and Hospital
- AME’s Dental College and Hospital
- College of Dental Sciences
- D.A Pandu Memorial R.V Dental Colleges
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences
- Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College Hospital and Research Centre
- HKES. S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research
- HDGET’s Dental College and Hospital
- KGF College of Dental Sciences
- KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences
- K.V.G Dental College and Hospital
- Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences
- M.R Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital
- S.B Patil Dental College and Hospital
- Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital
- Maratha Mandal’s Nathajirao G. Halgekar Institute of Dental Sciences
- P.M.N.M Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Jagadguru Jayadeva Murugharajendra Dental College and Hospital
- SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Sri Hasanamba Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College and Hospital
COMEDK MBBS Admission will start from July 2020. Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria in order to participate in the Admission process. Candidates are advised to check the official website to receive the latest updates and notifications.