COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020: The COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical Dental Colleges of Karnataka. The Karnataka Examination Authority is the conducting body of the admission process. Candidates will get admission based on NEET 2020 Scores. Around 85% of Seats are reserved for State Quota Government Colleges and 15% of seats are reserved for All India Quota Seats. The COMEDK provides admission to 14 Medical and 25 Dental Colleges. The COMEDK also conducts a Medical Entrance Examination as well for the candidates who are willing to apply in the Medical and Dental Colleges. In this article, we have discussed the procedures of COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020 which includes Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form process, Merit List, and much more.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- KEA MBBS Admission Form will be released soon as the NEET-UG 2020 Counselling has started. Keep checking the concerning websites for updates. The direct link to the online form will be provided here.
COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020
The official dates have not been confirmed by the authorities. Candidates should have complete knowledge of all the important events and dates. Thus, the tentative schedule of the admission activities is provided below. To ensure that you do not miss out on any of the important events, keep checking concerning websites.
|Starting Date of Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Declaration of the Merit list||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification||– To be Announced –|
|Schedule for Fee Structure and Seat Matrix||– To be Announced –|
|Entry by the Eligible Candidates||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of Mock Allotment Result||– To be Announced –|
|Provision of Change in Options (if any)||– To be Announced –|
|First Round Allotment Result||– To be Announced –|
|Fee Payment and Confirmation of Allotment||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of Reporting the College||– To be Announced –|
COMEDK MBBS Admission Criteria 2020
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor in COMEDK MBBS/BDS Admission. If a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, then the candidate will not be able to participate in the admission process.
The eligibility criteria of COMEDK MBBS Admission 2020 is as follows-
- The Candidate’s minimum age must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020. Candidates above 25 years are also eligible to apply.
- The Nationality of the candidate must be Indian
- Candidate must have passed Class 12th with subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum qualified marks.
- The Applicants must score a minimum of (50% for Unreserved, 45% for Unreserved PWD, and 40% for Reserved Category) in each subject mentioned above.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET Entrance Exam with minimum aggregate marks.
The Minimum Required Qualifying Marks in NEET 2019 UG
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Required Marks|
|General (UR)||50th Percentile||119 marks|
|SC/ST/OBC (Reserved PWD)||40th Percentile||96 marks|
|Unreserved PWD Category||45th Percentile||107 marks|
COMEDK MBBS Application Form 2020
The Mode of the COMEDK MBBS Application Form will be online only. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the application form. Candidates are advised to submit the application form before the closing date of the application form. The cost of the application fees for General and OBC Category is Rs 650/- and the cost of the application fees for Reserved Category is Rs 500/-. The mode of the application fee payment is done online through Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking. Candidates who will not submit the form on time will not be considered for the merit list. Further, the students should provide the correct information while filling the form, as that will be used for the entire admission process.
COMEDK MBBS Merit List 2020
The COMEDK NEET MBBS and BDS Merit List will be released online on the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The Merit List will be prepared on the basis of NEET UG Scores. Candidates whose name will be shortlisted on the merit list will be eligible to appear in the counselling round. In addition, the students will be ranked in order of merit in this list. Thus, the students will have to appear for counselling as per this list only. Furthermore, for avoiding confusion in case two students have the same name, other details will be printed on the merit list as well. The details you will be able to locate on the merit list are as follows:
- Name of the Candidate
- State Rank of the Candidate
- NEET 2020 UG Score
- Roll Number of NEET 2020
- COMEDK Application Number
COMEDK MBBS Counselling 2020
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Merit List will be called out for COMEDK MBBS Counselling round. The Counselling will take place in two rounds and no candidate will be allowed to withdraw their allotted seats after Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020. In the Counselling Round, the candidate will have to select colleges according to their preferences. If in case there are any seats remaining vacant, after the second round of counselling then the respective colleges will conduct an open counselling rounds as per the merit list prepared by the Counselling Committee.
Documents Submitted At the Time of COMEDK MBBS Counselling
- NEET Hall Ticket 2020
- Rank Card/Scorecard of NEET 2020
- NEET 2020 Online Application Form Printout.
- 10th Class Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- 12th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (for Karnataka Candidates)
- OBC Certificate (for Karnataka Candidates)
- Minority Certificate issued by the Educational Institution confirmed.
- Domicile Certificate (optional)
- Valid ID Proof – (Aadhaar Card/ Passport/Certificate with Photo Issued by the Head of the Institution last studied, School/College ID.
Participating Institutes List
In this section, we have listed out complete details of COMEDK MBBS Admission –
Medical Colleges of COMEDK MBBS Admission
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science
- Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical College
- H.K.E Society’s M.R Medical College
- J.J.M Medical College
- KVG Medical College
- Kempe Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- M.S Ramaiah Medical College
- SS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
- Father Muller Medical College
- SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Hospital
Dental Colleges of COMEDK MBBS Admission
Here we have provided the list of the dental colleges that offer COMEDK MBBS Admission-
- Bapuji Dental College and Hospital
- AME’s Dental College and Hospital
- College of Dental Sciences
- D.A Pandu Memorial R.V Dental Colleges
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences
- Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College Hospital and Research Centre
- HKES. S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research
- HDGET’s Dental College and Hospital
- KGF College of Dental Sciences
- KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences
- K.V.G Dental College and Hospital
- Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences
- M.R Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital
- S.B Patil Dental College and Hospital
- Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital
- Maratha Mandal’s Nathajirao G. Halgekar Institute of Dental Sciences
- P.M.N.M Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Jagadguru Jayadeva Murugharajendra Dental College and Hospital
- SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Sri Hasanamba Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College and Hospital