KIITEE 2020: Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) will be conducting the annual Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) for the academic admission of 2020 session in the month of April 2020. Candidates who are interested in applying for the undergrad engineering programmes from the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) will be able to start applying from the 3rd week of November 2019. Aspirants will be able to apply provisionally till last week of March 2020. Successfully enrolled candidates will be able to download their respective KIITEE Admit Card from the 1st week of April 2020. The Results for KIITEE 2020 will be announced around 4th week of April 2020 and counselling will start from 3rd week of May 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, read about the KIIT Entrance exam 2020, its important dates, important procedures, exam pattern and syllabus, and other relevant details.
About KIITEE/ KIIT University 2020
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination, commonly known as KIIT will be held for the academic admissions of 2020 session.
- KIIT Entrance Examination will be conducted by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT).
- KIITEE 2020 will be a University Level Examination held for the admission to all the courses (except MBBS, BDS, and PG Medical & PG Dental).
- The Entrance Exam will be Online Computer Based Standardized Test held for Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses.
|Exam Name||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination|
|Conducted By||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT)|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Conducted For||Undergraduate and Post Graduate Admissions|
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based Standardized Test)|
KIITEE 2020 Exam Dates
KIIT will most likely be releasing the Application Forms for the KIITEE 2020 Examination tentatively during the 3rd week of November 2019. The official notification will be released during the month of November 2019. Candidates are advised to know all the dates and schedule for the KIIT 2020 so as to not miss out any important events.
Given below are the dates of KIITEE 2020
|1||KIITEE Notification||November 2019|
|2||Application Form Release||3rd week of November 2019|
|3||Last Date to fill the Application Form||Last week of March 2019|
|4||KIITEE Slot Booking 2020||1st week of April 2019|
|5||KIITEE Admit Card Release||1st week of April 2019|
|6||KIITEE 2020 Examination||3rd week of April 2019|
|7||Declaration of KIITEE Result||4th week of April 2019|
|8||Counseling Procedure Starts||3rd week of May 2019|
KIITEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
To be able to apply for the Kalinga University 2020 exam, candidates must clear certain eligibility parameters. The Eligibility Criteria has been set forth by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT). The Eligibility Criteria for KIITEE is as follows.
For B. Tech. (4years)/ B. Tech & M. Tech. (Dual Degree) Biotechnology (5years), candidates should fulfil the following criteria.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 10+2 examination in 2020 are only eligible to apply for B. Tech (4 years), B. Tech & M. Tech. (Dual Degree) (Biotechnology) course of the University.
- Interested candidate should have studied in regular full-time formal education in their schooling/ college.
- Candidate should have passed in 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.
- For B. Tech. & M. Tech. (Dual Degree) (Biotechnology), a candidate should pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology taken together.
- Finally, a candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1999
For B. Tech. –Lateral Entry (3 years), candidates should fulfil the following criteria.
- Candidate should pass in three years diploma course in Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education of any state or equivalent.
- Candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1996.
For B. Tech in Architecture (5 years), a candidate should fulfil the following criteria.
- Candidate should have passed in 10+2 examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 examination.
- Other than that, a candidate should have passed in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi 2020 or JEE Main Paper II.
The Application Form for KIITEE 2020 will be available only in the online mode, and a candidate can access the KIIT Application Form from the official website of KIIT. Authorities will release the Application Form for KIITEE 2020 during the 3rd week of November 2019. Furthermore, the Application submission procedure will include registering, filling up of the online application, uploading photographs, signature, and 10th mark sheet and certificate. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) does not charge any application fee.
Candidates, in order to get enrolled, can follow the steps given below.
- First, candidate must select the course. That will be the first thing a candidate has to do upon entering the registration procedure.
- Candidate will be asked about their course preference in the beginning.
- Second, candidate will be required to update the application form. Fill the application form with appropriate details about the personal and academic credentials.
- Candidates should read all the instructions carefully. Proceed to apply online. Information like personal & qualified exam details, preferred exam centre and full contact details have to be entered by the candidate.
- Third, candidates will be required to update the images.
- Upload scanned image of recent passport size photograph, upload scanned signature, and scanned image of class X passing certificate.
- Finally, re-check all the details and submit the application form. The authority does not take any application fee payment.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) will be facilitating the provision of letting the candidate choose their respective slots for appearing in the KIITEE 2020 Examination. The KIITEE Slot Booking 2020 will begin 1st week of April 2019 and candidate will be assigned as they book their slots. The Slots will be booked completely on the basis of first come first serve. Candidates will have to book their slots from the official website of KIIT by logging in to the registered ID. In case the candidate fails to book the slots, he/she will have the slot booked for him/her by the authorities.
The KIITEE 2020 Admit Card will be generated once the candidate books his/her respective slots from the official website of KIIT. The Admit Card for KIITEE 2020 will be downloadable from the official website of KIIT and is subject to slot booking by the candidate. To download the KIITEE Hall Ticket, candidate will have to go to the official website of KIIT and locate the link to download the Admit Card. The Admit Cards will not be dispatched in hard copies by the authorities. Candidates must preserve the document during the whole admission process. KIIT Admit Card is the document that will let candidate enter inside the exam premise.
Physics Syllabus for KIITEE 2020 will include topics from Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, and Electronic Devices.
Chemistry Syllabus for KIITEE 2020 will include States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry, and Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry.
Mathematics Syllabus for KIITEE 2020 will include topics from Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Linear Programming, and Mathematical Modelling.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) has formulated certain norms and patterns for the setup of KIITEE 2020 Examination. The KIITEE Exam Pattern 2020 is an essential detail that candidate will be benefited by being aware of it. The Exam Pattern for KIITEE 2020 includes details such as question paper set up, marking scheme, number of sections, distribution of questions per section, answering mode, exam mode, type of question, and so on.
A brief look at the KIITEE Exam Pattern is as follows.
- KIITEE will be an Online Computer Based Standardized Test.
- The exam is to be attempted in less than 180 minutes, i.e. 3 hours.
- The KIITEE 2020 examination will be in English Language.
- Questions will be multiple choice objective type questions.
- There will be three sections from which questions will be asked, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Every correct answer will be rewarded with an addition of 4 marks
- Wrong answers will cost the candidate 1 mark.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) will be releasing the KIITEE Result around the 4th week of April 2020. Candidates will be able to view their respective KIITEE Result from the official website of KIIT by logging in to the registered account. The Result will include the marks secured by the candidate in each of the section along with the overall marks. After the release of the KIITEE 2020 Result, authorities will be preparing the KIITEE Merit List. The result will be published through University Websites. The candidates can see their result by giving their application number. Rank Card indicating the Rank in Entrance Examination shall be sent to the qualified candidates.
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks, inter-se merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows:-
- Tech – On the basis of marks obtained in Mathematics, then in Physics and then by age (preference to older candidates).
- Arch – On the basis of marks obtained in NATA/JEE Main (Paper-II) B. Tech.
- B Tech Lateral Entry – On the basis of marks obtained in Mathematics then in Basic Electrical Engineering and then by age. (Preference to older candidates).
KIITEE 2020 Merit List
On the basis of the KIITEE 2020 Result, a merit list will be prepared by the authorities. A separate Merit List will be prepared for the each of the courses. The Cut off will be prepared by the University and will be the basis of seat allotment through counseling process.
KIITEE 2020 Counselling
KIITEE 2020 Counseling and KIITEE 2020 Seat Allocation will be purely on KIITEE Merit basis i.e. based on the performance in the Entrance Examination. Counseling Schedule will be published in the KIIT Website after the declaration of result. Candidates have to attend the counseling as per the schedule. Counseling will be stopped as soon as all the seats reserved for the KIITEE 2020 are filled up. Verification of documents would be done at the time of counseling/admission so as to verify records on identification, age, qualifying examination and category of candidates. On failing to establish correctness in any of the documents, the candidates will not be considered for admission.
The documents to be submitted for verification is as follows
- KIITEE Admit Card
- Rank Card
- X Class Pass Certificate
- XII Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Relevant documents that is to be produced in support of candidate status.
A Demand Draft of INR 75000 which includes the Counseling Registration fees of Rs.10000 (Non Refundable) is to be paid in favor of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar. Balance fee as per the fee structure is to be paid on the day of reporting to the allotted college.
KIITEE Seat Reservation 2020
Some seats will be reserved for categories like Scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and physically challenged. The reservation criteria have been given in the table below.
|S. No||Category||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|3||Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|
KIITEE 2020 Test Centers
|Name of the State||City Exam|
|Andaman Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Uttar Pradesh||Prayagraj(Allahabad )|