AIIMS PG Syllabus 2020 is available here. All India Institute of Medical Sciences will soon start the admission process. The syllabus will be available to the candidates on their official website. The AIIMS MD/MS/ Post Graduate Syllabus is there to provide the candidates with important information about the subjects, topics, medium, type of questions asked in the exam and mode of the question paper. What syllabus does is that it prepares the candidates in advance for what they should expect in the final examination.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The AIIMS PG 2020 Entrance Exam will take place in an online mode (Computer-based exam). Based on the PG exam score, the candidates will be allotted seats in PG courses through counseling. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can check all the important details about the AIIMS PG Course syllabus in this article.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam will be an online Computer-based Test (CBT). The medium of language for the exam will be English only. Some other important points about the AIIMS PG 2020 Examination Pattern are given below-
- The total number of questions asked in the test will be 200 for MS/MD and 90 for MDS.
- This is a Multiple Choice Objective Questions.
- Each Question carries 1 mark. For each correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3rd marks.
- The maximum marks for the question paper are 200.
- The total time period for the students to complete the test is 3 hours for MD/MS and 1 hour 30 minutes for MDS.
- Students are strongly advised to go through the AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus as well while reading about the exam pattern. It will help them in formulating an idea of how to approach the reading material.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Dates
Online Basic Registration Dates
|Start of Online basic registration||May 6, 2019 (Started)|
|Last date to register||27th August 2019 (5:00 pm)|
|Status of basic registration and correction in deficiencies||September 3, 2019|
|Last date to rectify the deficiency in the basic registration||September 9, 2019, up to 5:00 PM|
|Final Status of the Basic Registration||16th September 2019|
|Generation of Code (only for accepted basic registered candidates)||16th September 2019 to 11th October 2019 (5:00 pm)|
Final Registration Schedule
|Date of Uploading Prospectus for Sponsored/Foreign National Candidates||26th September 2019|
|Date of Online Final Registration (only for the candidates who have generated the code)||27th September 2019 to 11th October 2019|
|Date of Checking the Status of the Final Registration (accepted/rejected with reasons)||21st October 2019|
|Last Date of Submission of required documents for the rejected application form||25th October 2019|
|Last Date of receiving the application form duly recommended and forwarded with NOC||25th October 2019|
|Last Date of Submission of Sponsored Certificate||25th October 2019|
|Finalization of Centers and Release of Admit Card||6th November 2019|
|Date of the AIIMS PG Entrance Exam||17th November 2019|
|Final Seat Position||19th November 2019|
|Declaration of the Result||22nd November 2019|
|Exercising of Choices||2nd December 2019|
|Open Round of Seat Allocation/Counselling||20th February 2020|
AIIMS PG July 2020 Session- Basic Registration Schedule
|Starting Date of the Online Basic Registration||27th November 2019|
AIIMS Post Graduate 2020 Syllabus
The AIIMS PG syllabus 2020 consists of the topics that are being taught in the MBBS course. Some significant information about the syllabus for AIIMS 2020 PG Exam Pattern is given below-
The exam questions contain the MBBS curriculum. The included subjects are supposed to be studied thoroughly by the candidates. These subjects – Clinical, Preclinical and Paraclinical are listed below.
Check – JIPMER PG Syllabus 2020
|Name of the Subject||Topics to be covered|
Download- AIIMS PG Syllabus 2020 (MD/MS/MDS)
Descriptions of the Topics – AIIMS PG Syllabus
- Obstetrics & Gynecology: this deals with the – Gynecology, branch of physiology and medicine which deals with the functions and diseases specific to the female reproductive system. And also with Obstetrics, the branch of medicine and surgery concerned with childbirth and midwifery.
- Preventive and social medicine (PSM): It is a branch of medicine dealing with healthcare issues affecting communities as a whole.
- ENT: An ENT specializes in ear, nose and throat problems. An ENT is sometimes also called an Otolaryngologist.
- Dental Anatomy: Dental anatomy is a field of anatomy dedicated to the study of human tooth structures. The development, appearance, and classification of teeth fall within its purview.
- Pediatric: Pediatrics is the branch of medicine dealing with children and their diseases in particular.
- Medicine: It is the science and practice of establishing the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Medicine encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness.
- Surgery: This field deals with the treatment of injuries or disorders of the body by incision or manipulation, especially with instruments.
- Embryology: This is the branch of biology that studies the prenatal development of gametes (sex cells), fertilization, and development of embryos and fetuses.
- Oral histology: It is the microscopic study of Oral Mucosa, structure variation in relation to functional requirements, mechanisms of keratinization, clinical parts of the gingiva, Dentogingival & Mucocutaneous junctions & lingual papillae.
Check- AIIM Nursing Syllabus
- Physiology: It is the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
- Anatomy: It is the branch of science concerned with the bodily structure of humans, animals, and other living organisms, especially as revealed by dissection and the separation of parts.
- Biochemistry: This is the branch of science concerned with the chemical and physicochemical processes and substances that occur within living organisms.
Check- NEET 2020 Syllabus
- Toxicology: This is the branch of science concerned with the nature, effects, and detection of poisons.
- Microbiology: It is the study of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, viruses, archaea, fungi, and protozoa. This discipline also includes fundamental research on the biochemistry, physiology, cell biology, ecology, evolution and clinical aspects of microorganisms, including the host response to these agents.
- Pharmacology: the branch of medicine concerned with the uses, effects, and modes of action of drugs.
- Forensic Medicine: It is the use of toxicology and other disciplines such as analytical chemistry, pharmacology, and clinical chemistry to aid medical or legal investigation of death, poisoning, and drug use.
- Pathology: It is the study of the causes and effects of disease or injury.
Check JIPMER PG 2020
Preparation Tips for the AIIMS 2020 PG Admission Test
Getting a good score in the entrance exam entirely depends upon various factors such as time and speed. These entrance exams are not easy to crack. Everybody knows that. It requires a certain amount of hard work, focus, and determination. All candidates who are preparing for the AIIMS PG 2020 should always lay out a plan first. Here we have listed some very important tips for you to prepare for the exam.
Concentrate on Your Strengths
Always pay more attention to your strengths. You should always try to find your strengths and remember them while preparing. This exercise will help to boost your confidence.
When it comes to studies always put your health first. And not only physical health but mental health as well. A routine of physical and mental exercise is necessary for a healthy mind and body.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
First, go through the exam pattern and AIIMS MD/MS Syllabus listed above in this article. It always helps to know the layout of the question paper. A thorough reading of that creates a kind of familiarity for you which will help when you-you will first see the question paper.
Believe in Yourself
No one will believe in you unless you start to believe in yourself first. Know your goals and stay motivated for your exam preparations. Never allow any negativity to get inside your mind.
Go through Mock Tests
Mock tests give you a brief idea about where are you lack. Before starting your entrance exam, take various kinds of mock tests and compare your scores to boost your preparation. The Mock Test will help to improve your time management skills. You will also get to know about the exam pattern as well.
We hope that the article helped you in any way it could. A syllabus is an extremely important aspect when preparing for an entrance exam. Please also keep up with the official website for the new announcements. The same will also get updates on this page. All the very BEST!!!