NEET SS Counselling 2020: This round of admission will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Medicine. All you have to do is visit the MCC Official Website and register yourself by providing the details required. Therefore, a total of two rounds of counselling will take place at an interval of one or two weeks. In addition, only the NEET SS 2020 merit list students will be eligible for counselling. Candidates failing to appear for this round further may lose out their seats to other deserving candidates. Moreover, the procedure of seat allotment and document verification will be carried out on the day of NEET SS Counselling 2020 only. Furthermore, the complete details about the counselling and admission are provided in this article, so read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET SS Counselling 2020
The Mode of NEET SS Counselling is completely online and will be held in common. Thus, the candidates will have to visit the official website (www.mcc.nic.in) to register for the same. The officials may not send notifications regarding the counselling. Thus, it is important for students to have knowledge of the admission activities schedule. Further, the authorities haven’t announced the official dates yet. But the tentative dates are mentioned below and will be updated as soon as an official notification will be out.
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
First Round Counselling
|Starting Date of the Main Counselling including Payment, Choice locking and Seat Allotment Result||14th to 17th August 2020|
Last Date to Make Payment – 18th August 2020
|Choice Filling and Locking||14th to 18th August 2020|
|The process of Seat Allotment||19th and 20th August 2020|
|The Release of the Seat Allotment Result||21st August 2020|
|Reporting to the Allotted College – Round I Counselling||22nd to 26th August 2020|
Round-II NEET SS Counselling
|Round II Counselling Registration, Payment, Choice Locking and Seat Allotment||28th August to 31st August 2020|
Payment Facility Available till 1st September 2020
|Choice Filling and Locking||28th August to 1st September 2020|
|The process of Seat Allotment||2nd and 3rd September 2020|
|Seat Allotment Result||4th September 2020|
|Reporting the Allotted College – Round II||5th September to 11th September 2020|
|Processing of Choices for Stray Vacancy Round||–|
|Publication of Result of Stray Vacancy Round||–|
|Reporting the Allotted College- (Stray Vacancy Round)||–|
Check – NEET MDS Counselling 2020
Duration of the NEET SS 2020 Counselling Round
The Duration of the Counselling of NEET Super Specialty Courses is not flexible. The procedure duration will take place depending on the availability of the seats and the number of candidates appearing for the exam. According to the last year, each counselling round took around 2 to 5 days. It basically goes on until all the seats are allotted. If any of the seats are left vacant, then the round of counselling continues. Therefore, it depends upon two factors seat availability and no. of students.
Who are Eligible to Participate in the NEET SS 2020 Counselling?
The candidates who will be shortlisted in the NEET SS Merit List will be eligible to participate in the counselling. Candidates who would not have scored the minimum qualifying marks will not be eligible for this admission round. Moreover, the minimum qualifying marks vary each year depending upon the students who appeared for the exam. In addition, the cut-off marks as per last years’ records were 35% for all the categories.
What is the Process of NEET SS Counselling 2020?
The Counselling Round will take place online. Candidates have to visit the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee and have to register themselves. The step by step process to conduct the NEET SS Online is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of MCC – www.mcc.nic.in
- Register and fill in the details carefully.
- Enter the Date and Time to attend the counselling round.
- Candidates who have been selected have to visit the allotted college with the documents and certificates.
- The Reserved Category Candidates have to carry their Caste Certificate to support their claim.
- Through the process of counselling, candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of merit.
What to do If I’m Not Selected in the First Round of NEET SS Counselling 2020?
Well, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) is the main conducting body. If you have not been allotted a seat in the first round, then the second round of counselling will take place. The Second Round of NBE NEET SS Counseling 2020 will take place for the applicants who did not get a seat in the previous counseling round. These candidates can directly login using their candidate login and follow the same process.
The subsequent rounds will take place to fill the vacant seats from the previous round. The common counseling process will take place for the seat allotment of the candidates in various colleges through the Entrance Exam.
NEET SS Counselling 2020 Fees
The DGHS charges a non-refundable registration fee of Rs 5000/- and a refundable security deposit of Rs 2,00,000. The Mode of making the fee payment is online through Internet Banking, Credit/Debit Card, etc. The Registration Facility will be available only once during the Round-I and once in Round II. Note that the mentioned fee is as per the last years’ records. However, if the fee will be revised, then the same will be updated here.
NEET SS Counselling 2020 Stray Vacancy Round
The NEET SS 2020 Stray Vacancy Round usually happens after the Counselling Round, if only the seats remain vacant. Candidates who did not get a seat in the Second Round of Counselling and if still, the seats remain vacant then the counselling committee will arrange the Mop-Up Round.
Who is Eligible for Attending Stray Vacancy?
- Registered Candidates who did not get a seat in the Round I Counselling.
- The Registered Applicants who did not get a seat in the Round II Counselling.
Who are Not Eligible for Attending Stray Vacancy Round?
- Candidates who did not opt for the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Admitted Candidates of Round I and II Counselling.
- Allotted Candidates of Round II who did not join the allotted seat.
To be Noted:
- There will be no fresh registrations/fresh choice filling for Stray Vacancy Round.
- Choices filled earlier by the candidates during the Round II will be considered for the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat in Stray Vacancy Round and did not join the allotted college will get their Security Deposit refunded.
What are the Documents Required at the Time of NEET SS Counselling 2020?
Since it is an Online Counselling Round, therefore there will be no documents required at the time of online counselling. But you have to carry the documents at the time of reporting the college. In addition, you must have both the originals and photocopies. The authorities may cancel the candidature in case you will not be able to provide the required documents. Hence, ensure that you carry all the documents along. Furthermore, the list of the documents that are required at the time of reporting the allotted college are as follows-
- The NEET Super Specialty Admit Card issued by the National Board of the Examinations.
- Result/Rank Letter issued by the NBE.
- MBBS Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate
- MD/MS/DNB Degree Certificate in the concerned specialty.
- Permanent Registration Certificate of MBBS/MS/DNB issued by MCI/NBE/State Medical Council.
- Students who have completed/completing post-graduation by 31st July 2020 are eligible to apply with the Provisional Certificate.
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as an Identity Proof.
- Valid Proof of Identity such as PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card/Passport/Voter ID, etc.
Candidates who forget to bring these documents will not be eligible to attend the admission procedure. Therefore, carrying all the documents is very important at the time of counselling.
Download Previous Years’ Allotment List
Overview of NEET Super Specialty Counselling
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Super Specialty Counselling 2020|
|Conducting Body||The Directorate General of Health Sciences|
|Mode of the Counselling||Online|
|The basis of the Seat Allotment||Merit/Rank Obtained in the Examination|
|Name of the Post Graduate Courses||Diploma/MD/MS/DM/M.Ch|
|Official Website||www.mcc.nic.in/ www.nbe.edu.in|