NEET MDS 2020: National Board of Examination (NBE) released the result on January 15 2020. The exam was conducted in computer-based mode. Moreover, the Entrance Examination offers admission in MDS Courses offered in various Government, Private, and Deemed Colleges across the country. Candidates with BDS Degree are also eligible for admission. In addition, no other Entrance Examination is valid for admission to the MDS Courses as per the Dentist Act, 1948. Only AIIMS, New Delhi is not included under the NEET MDS. Further, during the NEET MDS 2020 result calculation, four marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will get deducted for a wrong answer.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET MDS 2020
The candidates who appeared for the exam will be able to download the results in online mode. Note that the admission process is entirely based on merit. Thus, only merit list students will be eligible for the admission process. Candidates will not receive any notification regarding the exam activities. Therefore, one should have knowledge of the NEET MDS Schedule.
|The Release of Official Notification||11 October 2019|
|Starting Date of the Online Application Form||11 October 2019|
|Closing Date of the Application Form||31 October 2019|
|Application Correction Facility||04 to 11 November 2019|
|Issuance of the Admit Card||13 December 2019 (Released)|
|NEET MDS Mock Test||13 December 2019|
|NEET MDS Exam Date||20 December 2019|
|Declaration of the Result||15 January 2020 (Released)|
|Availability of Rank Card||24th January 2020|
|The Release of Merit List||February/March 2020|
|Release of Individual Scorecard||March 2020|
|Round I Counselling||16th to 31st March 2020|
|Round II Counselling||2nd to 15th April 2020|
|Mop-Up Round Counselling||22nd April 2020 to 11th May 2020|
The NBE NEET MDS Result is released on 15 January 2020. Check NEET 2020 MDS Result.
- NEET MDS Admit Card was made available online for download on 13 December 2019.
- NEET MDS Mock Test is available, solve it to have an idea about the exam pattern.
The National Board of Examinations released the examination dates of NEET MDS 2020. Check the Official Notification below-
Scope of NEET MDS 2020
This is an eligibility cum-entrance examination that is held once in a year for the academic session which includes the following-
- All India 50% Quota Seats for MDS Courses(except Jammu and Kashmir).
- State Quota Seats for MDS Courses which includes all the states including Jammu and Kashmir.
- Applicants can get admission to different Private, Dental Colleges, Institutions, and Universe all across India.
- MDS Courses at Armed Forces Medical Institution.
Eligibility Criteria of NEET MDS 2020
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor of NEET MDS. Based on the NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria, candidates will be eligible to fill in the application form and move further for other selection rounds-
- The Applicants must possess a recognized degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery awarded by the University or Institution and must be registered with the State Dental Council.
- The Candidate must have undergone a One-Year Internship at a recognized Dental College.
- Candidate must not be less than 20 years of age
The University has given an exemption for the Internship for the candidates from the below category-
- Candidates who have completed their UG before 1989.
- Applicants who have completed their 41/2 Years of UG Program including a mandatory Internship Program.
- Candidates who have completed their 5 years of Under Graduate Program in Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University in the year- 2006-07.
- Applicants who are pursuing their final UG Course are also eligible. But they have to finish their Internship Program before March 2019. Candidates have to submit their Internship Letter mentioning their starting date and closing date. Failure of this will lead to the disqualification of the candidates.
- Candidates belonging to the few states are not included in 50% All India Quota Seats. The States are- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu and Kashmir.
NEET MDS Qualifying Marks/Score 2020
The Cut off is the minimum number of marks that are set by the National Board of Examination in order to select deserving candidates. The cut-off marks are different for each category-
|Category||Cut-Off Percentile||Cut-Off Scores|
|General Category (UR)||50%||233 Marks|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||40%||204 Marks|
|PH Candidates||45%||219 Marks|
Candidates who score more than the cut-off marks will be eligible for the further process of NEET MDS Admission 2020.
NEET MDS 2020 Application Form
The application process is the first step of the admission procedure. The Mode of filling the Application Form is done online on the official website of NBE. The National Board of Examination is the main conducting body of NEET MDS Application Form 2020. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill in the Application Form.
The Filling of the Application Form comprises of the following steps-
- Registration Process
- Filling of the Application Form
- Selection of the Exam Schedule and Center
- Payment of the Application Fees.
- Submission of the Application Form
It is advised that the candidates must submit their Application Form before the deadline date. Submission of the Application forms after the closing date will result in the disqualification of the candidature.
NEET MDS Application Fees 2020
|Reserved Category||Rs. 2750/-|
NEET 2020 MDS Admit Card
The NEET MDS Admit Card 2020, is released available just a week before the date of the exam. The hall ticket is issued only to those candidates whose application form has been submitted successfully. Candidates will be able to download their Admit Card in online mode only. The Applicants can download their Admit Card by submitting their Registration Number and Password. The NEET MDS 2020 Hall Ticket is a mandatory document that has to be carried by the candidate by the candidate to the examination hall.
How to Download NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card?
The Step by Step procedure to download NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of National Board of Examinations (NBE)- www.nbe.edu.in
- Click on the “Download Admit Card Link”
- Enter your Registration Number and Password
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details and download the Admit Card.
- Take the printout of the Admit Card and keep it safe until the completion of the admission process.
- Affix a recent passport size photograph on the provided space.
Scheme/ Exam Pattern of the Examination
Candidates appearing for the exam should have complete knowledge of the exam pattern. It will help you in the preparation process. Further, you will be able to get a good score.
- The Exam is conducted on a Single Day and in a Single-Slot Only.
- The Examination Session – 2:00 Hours to 5:00 Hours
- The Allocation of Time is as follows-
|Allow Candidates to Enter the Examination Hall and Commence Biometric Registration||12:00 pm|
|Entry Closes at the Examination Center||1:30 pm|
|Access to the Candidate Login||1:45 pm|
|Candidates Log In to Read Instructions||1:50 pm|
|Starting Time of the Examination||2:00 pm|
|Closing Date of the Examination||5:00 pm|
NEET MDS Exam Centers 2020
The Examination Centers are the list of the exam cities or venues where the exam is going to be conducted. Moreover, the Exam Center of NEET PG is held across various cities of the country. The Applicants have to select at least three choices of exam centers. The Selection of the Examination Center will take place at the time of filling the application form. Candidates will be allotted center on the basis of the choices provided at the time of filling the application form. In the year 2019, a total of 51 NEET MDS Exam Centers were available.
List of the NEET MDS Examination Centers
|Name of the Cities||Name of the Cities|
NEET MDS 2020 Exam Pattern
The NBE MDS Entrance Exam Pattern defines the Mode and Concept of the Exam. The National Board of Institutions is responsible for conducting NEET MDS Exam. The Exam is conducted once a year. Let’s check the Exam Pattern in details below-
- The NEET MDS Exam is conducted online (Computer Based Test)
- There will be a total of 240 Questions.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours.
- The Exam Paper comprises of two parts – Part A and Part B.
- The Format of the Questions is Multiple Choice Objective Based Questions.
- There is negative marking for every wrong answer. That means there is 25% of negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Each Question carries 4 marks therefore for every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded and for a wrong answer
- No marks are deducted for non-attempted questions. Total Marks allotted in NEET MDS Exam 2020 is 960 marks.
- The Medium of the Examination is in English only.
- During the Examination, candidates will be given an option to mark any question whether attempted or not (review purpose). The Questions that are marked for the review will be evaluated as per the Marking Scheme.
NEET MDS Syllabus 2020
The Syllabus of NEET MDS Exam 2020 shall be of BDS Standard and will cover all the subjects and syllabus covered during the BDS Course as prescribed in DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 from time to time. Further, all the important topics are mentioned below.
Applied Basic Sciences:
- Nutrition and Dietetics
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery:
- Embryology and Anatomy
- General and Oral Surgery
- Surgical Anatomy
- Surgical Procedures
Oral Pathology and Microbiology (15 Marks)
The Subject-Wise Question Weightage is 14 Questions each. The Oral Pathology and Microbiology is 15 Questions. Hence, the total number of questions is 240 Questions.
NEET MDS Result 2020
The Result of NEET MDS 2020 declared online. The National Board of Examinations publishes the Result on the official website of NBE. The NEET MDS Result is valid for the qualifying year. Based on the quota, there will be four types of result announced-
- All India 50% Quota
- State Quota
- Private Dental Colleges/Institutions/Universities/ Deemed Universities
- AFMS Institutions
How to Check NEET MDS Result 2020?
NEET MDS 2020 Result will be available online on the official website. Further, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the result.
- Visit the Official Website of NBE
- Click on the Result Link
- Log In Using Credentials
- The Result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take the printout of the screen.
It has to be noted that if the qualifying candidates in the respective categories are three times less than the number of vacancies, then the cut-off percentile will be automatically lowered in such a manner that the number of candidates shall be minimum three times the number of seats in each respective category.
NEET MDS Tie-Breaker Criteria 2020
If more than two candidates obtain the same number of marks, then the tie-breaker criteria are used. The Merit Position shall be determined in the following ways-
- Candidates with less number of wrong answers (overall paper) will be given a Higher Merit Position.
- The Applicant with higher marks in Part B section will be given higher merit.
- Candidates with fewer wrong answers in Part B will be given a higher rank.
- If still, the tie exists, then the candidates with older in age will be given a higher rank.
NEET MDS 2020 Merit List
The NEET MDS Rank List will be released online. The Merit List will comprise the name of the candidates who have scored more than the qualifying marks. It will be released by the NBE. This list is basically made for segregating students on the basis of merit. This further helps the officials in segregating candidates on the basis of merit. Further, separate merit lists will be released. The different types of merit list to be released is as follows:
- NEET MDS 2020 Merit List Rank: This is the overall rank merit list of those candidates who have appeared the NEET MDS Entrance Examination.
- All India 50% Quota Rank: This is also the overall merit rank list of the candidates who have appeared the Entrance Examination. These candidates will be eligible for all All India 50% Quota Seats and Courses.
- All India 50% Quota Category Rank: This is the overall Merit List Rank of the category candidates who have appeared the NEET MDS Examination. The Category candidates include – SC/ST/OBC. This is only valid for All India 50% Quota MDS Courses.
NEET MDS Cut-Off 2020
The Cut Off Marks is the minimum qualifying marks that are set by the National Board of Examination. The Cutoff Marks will select the candidates on the marks they have obtained. The Cut off Marks of NEET PG/MDS depends on the following factors-
- The Difficulty Level of the Questions
- Number of the Candidates appeared the examination
In the year 2018, the Exam Conducting Authority had revised the Minimum Cut-Off percentile scores. The Revised Minimum Cut-Off Score is as follows-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Criteria||Cut-Off Scores||Revised Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Revised Cut-Off Scores|
|General Category||50th Percentile||233 Marks||20.265 Percentile||149 Scores|
|SC/ST/OBC Category||40th Percentile||204 Marks||10.265 Percentile||115 Marks|
|PH Category||45th Percentile||219 Marks||15.625 Percentile||133 Marks|
NEET MDS 2020 Counselling
The Counselling for NBE NEET 2020 will take place in March 2020. The Medical Counselling Committee under the Directorate General of Health Services will conduct the counselling round. Candidates who have been shortlisted in the NEET MDS Merit List will be eligible for the counselling. The Counselling takes place in three rounds including the mop-up round.
To participate in the counseling process, candidates have to register themselves online and have to fill in their choices of colleges and courses. The NEET MDS Counselling List prepared on the basis of the All India Rank (AIR), Preferences, and options of seats available under each course. Around 1323 Seats are reserved under NEET MDS 2020 Counselling. The Counselling will be held for each category separately.
|Types of Seats||Counselling Authority|
|All India 50% Quota- Dental Educational Institutions of Central Government Universities established by the Act. of Parliament Deemed Universities||Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. Of India|
|State Quota Seats in all the Dental Institutions in State, and seats in Institutions established by the State Government Universities, Municipal Bodies Trust, or Minority Institutions||State Government or Authority designated by the State Government|
NEET MDS 2020 Document Verification
This is the most important process of the NEET MDS 2020 Admission Process. Candidates have to carry the following documents in the Document Verification Round. Note that the candidates appearing for the round without required documents will lose out their seats to other deserving students. Moreover, the list of documents required for verification process is as follows:
- NEET BDS Mark Sheets
- BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Certificate
- Dental Council of India Certificate
- Authorized Government Proof-Like PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.
- 10th and 12th Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Necessary Document Proof if applied under Special Category
The admission process will start in October 2019. The Complete Process of NEET MDS Admission 2020 includes – Online Submission of the application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, appearing the entrance examination, etc. Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria will be eligible to participate in the NEET MDS 2020 for admissions in Post Graduate Programs.
NEET MDS Participating Institutes
The candidates who will clear the exam would be eligible for admission to below-listed colleges. Thus, according to your rank, a seat will be allotted to you in one of the listed colleges.
|S.No.||Colleges in India|
|1||Regional Dental College, Guwahati|
|2||Patna Dental College, and Hospital, Patna|
|3||Maulana Azad Institute and Dental Science, New Delhi|
|4||University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi|
|5||Goa Dental College and Hospital, Goa|
|6||Government Dental College and Hospital, Ahmedabad|
|7||Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Rohtak|
|8||Government Dental College and Hospital, Shimla|
|9||Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bangalore|
|10||Government Dental College, Kottayam|
So, the NEET MDS 2020 Entrance Test took place on 20th December 2020. Further, if you have any queries regarding the admission process, then please comment on the section below.
Highlights of NBE MDS 2020
- The NEET MDS stands for Masters of Dental Surgery.
- National Board of Examinations is the main conducting body of NEET MDS 2020.
- The Official Notification along with the Application Form will release in the month of October 2019.
- In addition, the Exam was conducted on 20th December 2019.
- Through NEET MDS, candidates can get admissions in MDS Courses in various government, private, and deemed universities.
- This is a Post Graduate National Level Entrance Examination.