WBJEE Eligibility 2020: West Bengal Joint Engineering Entrance Exam is the state centralized test which takes place in West Bengal. Through WBJEE, many aspiring candidates land into private and government institutes to pursue the courses. In order to fill the application form for WBJEE 2020 candidates have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. Not all candidates can participate in the exam. Registration started on 18th October 2019 and the exam was on 2nd February 2020. There are rules and norms set by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board, which is the conducting body of WBJEE. Candidates have to follow the rules set by WBJEEB otherwise they won’t be able to fill the form and take part in the exam. Read the article carefully to know more information regarding the eligibility for WBJEE.
Check Eligibility For WBJEE Exam
Factors Determining WBJEE Eligibility 2020
WBJEEB sets the WBJEE eligibility criteria which the willing aspirants have to follow. The factors that determine the WBJEE eligibility marks are:
- Age Factor
- State Preference
- Seat Availability
While setting the eligibility criteria the conducting body measures the current trends acting in the courses and streams. Since there is limited no. of seats available as per the courses and stream, creates a high competition among the students.
Age Limit For WBJEE 2020
Not every student can participate in WBJEE 2020. There is an age limit set up by the WBJEEB, the conducting body of WBJEE.
- The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2020
- Candidates should have born on or before 31.12.2003
- There is no upper age limit for WBJEE 2020
- But for degree level Marine Engineering Course, the lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2020 and the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31.12.2020
Qualification For WBJEE 2020
In order to qualify WBJEE 2020 candidates need to have a general academic qualification. There are two streams on which the qualification set up is there i.e Engineering and Pharmacy.
- For engineering courses: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics along with anyone Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Technical Vocational subjects with individual pass marks in both theory and practical for all the three subjects. The three subjects mean Physics, Mathematics, and the subject mention on the list.
- For Pharmacy courses: Candidates must clear 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. Individual pass marks in both theory and practical for all three subjects is required.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in all the three subjects taken together.
- Must have cleared English in 10+2 exam with at least 30% marks.
- The board of qualifying examination should be recognized by the Central or State Government.
Note: Appearing candidates must be regular students. Open school or distant learning candidates are not eligible.
WBJEE Eligibility – Residential/Domicile Criteria
- No such residential/domicile requirement to appear in the WBJEE 2020
- State domicile is required for the admission in the state government-aided colleges.
- State domicile is also required when candidates are applying for admission in any reserved category seat in any course in any institute.
- Candidates will be treated as the West Bengal domicile if: Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for 10 years OR Candidate’s parents have the permanent residence certificate of the state of West Bengal.
Residential/ Domicile Requirement for WBJEE 2020
|Type of Institute||Category of Seats||Domicile Requirement|
|State-Aided Universities offering Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy /Architecture courses||General||No|
|Government Engineering & Technology Colleges||General||Yes|
|Self-Financing Institutions offering Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy /Architecture courses||General||No|
WBJEE Eligibility 2020 – Institute Specific Criteria
|Name Of The University||Courses offered||Eligibility|
|The University of Calcutta||B.Tech in all branches except Jute and Fibre Technology /BPharma/BArch||Clear 10+2 or equivalent Examination with at least 60% (55% for Reserve Category Students) marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, individual pass marks (both in theory & practical where ever applicable) in each of the subjects and at least 30 % marks in English|
|B.Tech in Jute & Fibre Technology||Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination at least 45% (40% for Reserve Category Students) marks in Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology as compulsory subjects, individual pass marks (both in theory & practical where ever applicable) in each of the subjects and at least 30 % marks in English.|
|Jadavpur University(Faculty of Engineering & Technology)||B.Tech/BPharma/BArch||Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with at least 60% (45% for Reserve Category Students) marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, individual pass marks (both in theory & practical where ever applicable) in each of the subjects and with at least 30 % marks in English.|
|Additional requirement for B.Arch||Candidates should have appeared for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture Delhi.|
|The West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences||B.Tech (Dairy Technology) course||Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ with at least 50% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to WBJEE 2019) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular Class mode|
|The Neotia University||B.Tech in all branches except Marine Engineering||Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, as compulsory subjects.|
|B.Tech in Marine Engineering||Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, as compulsory subjects and at least 50% marks in English.|
|B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering and Robotic Engineering||Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Aliah University||B.Tech in Civil Engineering B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering|
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
|Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
Candidates must have secured at least 100 marks in each subject of the final exam
Seats Captured Through Other Exam
Students can take part in the Engineering Colleges admission for the courses from different exams also. The exams are JEE Main, NATA. The candidates who appear for the JEE Main and score the good rank then he/she can participate in the admission process. Around 10% of seats are reserved for the JEE Main students. However, it has seen that not all colleges or universities provide seats to the JEE main candidates.