WBJEE 2020 – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will be conducting the annual West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) for the academic admission of 2020 session in the month of May 2020. Candidates can start applying from last week of December 2019. Submit the Application Forms for WBJEE 2020 online from the official website of West Bengal JEE Board till the last week of January 2020. The WBJEE 2020 Admit Cards will be released in the month of May 2020, and finally, the exam result will be declared by the authorities in the month of July 2020.
Check Eligibility For WBJEE Exam
In this article, read about WBJEE 2020 Examination, its Important dates and schedule, WBJEE 2020 Application Forms, Admit Card, Result, Counselling, and other important WBJEE 2020 related information.
WBJEE 2020 – A Brief Outlook
- For the academic session of 2020, the WBJEE Board is going to conduct the Common Entrance Examination (WBJEE) for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board has been empowered to conduct Common Entrance Examinations for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Professional and Vocational Courses both in the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Purpose of Examination||Undergrad Admission for Engineering Programs|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Application Submission Mode||Online (From the Official Website)|
WBJEE 2020 – Important Dates
West Bengal JEE Board will release the notification for the West Bengal JEE 2020 Exam, provisionally, around the month of December 2019. Most certainly, candidates will be able to register for WBJEE 2020 during the last week of December 2019, and exam will be scheduled to be held in the month of May 2020.
Candidates are advised to be aware of the complete dates and schedule for WBJEE 2020 Exam so as to not miss out any important details.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Dates and Schedule is as given below.
|1||WBJEE 2020 Notification||December 2019|
|2||Application Form Release for WBJEE 2020||Last week of December 2019|
|3||Deadline for WBJEE 2020 Application Submission||4th week of January 2020|
|4||WBJEE 2020 Application Correction||Last week of January 2020|
|5||Download the Admit Card from||2nd week of May 2020|
|6||WBJEE 2020 Exam||Last week of May 2020|
|7||Result Declaration||2nd week of July 2020|
WBJEE 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has set forth certain guidelines for the WBJEE 2020 aspirants so as to maintain a specific standard among the student resource. These guidelines are known as WBJEE Eligibility Criteria and candidates must necessarily clear them in order to be eligible for the whole admission process.
The WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria has been formulated based on several factors or criterions which include nationality, age restriction, qualifying examination, minimum required marks, and so on.
Applicant must be a citizen of India
The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2019. A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2002. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE 2020. However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course the lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2019 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2019.
For admission to Engineering courses
- Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application/Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode.
- Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.
- The Board of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
The degree course in Marine Engineering
- As per the norms and standards of the Director General of Shipping, Government of India: Candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board in regular class mode with: 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together with individual pass marks (both in theory and practical where ever applicable) in each of the said subjects;
- Minimum of 50% marks in English as subject in either in ‘10’ standard or in ‘10+2’ standard.
The Five Year Degree Course in Architecture
- As per the norms and standards of the Council of Architecture (COA)
- No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- Candidate must also qualify either in the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi or in Paper 2 of JEE Mains.
WBJEE 2020 – Application Form
The Application Forms for WBJEE 2020 Examination will only be available in the online mode and not in any printed format or offline means. Candidates will have to submit their WBJEE 2020 Application Forms from the official website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB). The Application Forms are expected to be released in the month of December 2019 and candidates will have the provision of submit their application forms till the last week of January 2020. The Application Submission involves Registration, filling up of the application form, uploading images, and making the application fee payment.
WBJEE 2020 Application Form Submission Procedure is as given below.
- The candidate will enter registration details such as, name, father’s name, and mother’s name, date of birth, gender, identification type and number.
- Candidates must be careful with the information entered as it will not be changed later on.
- The candidate will have to choose a password and security question/answer.
- An application number will be generated and will appear on the screen. Also, SMS/email will be sent to the candidate.
Updating the Application Form
- At this stage the candidate needs to fill up personal information such as domicile, category, Pw D status, home district, family income status, religion nationality etc. If the candidate has also applied for JEE Main 2020 he/she needs to enter JEE Main Application number.
- The candidate needs to choose any three zones for appearing in the examination in the order of preference.
The candidate is required to upload scanned images of his/her recent color photograph and signature all in one go.
|Image Particular||Format||Storage Size||Dimensions|
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG||3kb to 100kb||4 cm x 3 cm|
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||3kb to 30kb||4 cm x 1.5 cm|
Make the Application Payment
- After up-loading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee-payment step.
- The Examination Fees can be paid by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card only.
- Application fees for WBJEE-2020 will be INR 500 (Rupees five hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
WBJEE 2020 – Application Correction Facility
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEE) will provide a one-time WBJEE Application Correction Facility for the candidates to make relevant changes in their application form. It is not possible to correct any primary registration data i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, gender and Date of birth of any candidate.
If any candidate intends to correct any other information in his/her application, he/she can do so during the given correction window period using the edit mode. The Board cannot entertain any request for any correction under any circumstances beyond the correction window period. Also, the Board will not make any correction on behalf of any candidate. Confirmation page, admit card, rank card etc. will be issued with the personal detail as is given by the candidate.
In case of any problem to the candidate during admission or thereafter due to any mistake committed by him/her, the Board is not able to render any help e.g. issuing any letter of correction. The candidate must take corrective actions at his/her end with the institute, where he/she takes admission.
WBJEE 2020 – Exam Pattern
The WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern includes mode of examination, subjects in the examination, pattern of question paper, mode of answering in WBJEE 2020, and so on. Candidates will be benefited with the awareness of WBJEE Exam Pattern 2020 as this will help them prepare for the exam better.
Mode of Examination
The Exam will be conducted in the offline mode, i.e. OMR Based Examination.
Subjects of Examination
Candidates will be required to appear in two papers for WBJEE 2020, i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be for Mathematics, and Paper 2 will be for Physics and Chemistry Combined.Candidates appearing in both Paper-I and Paper-II and who are awarded GMR ranks will be eligible for admission in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy Courses in all institutes.
Pattern of Question Paper
All questions will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ), with four options against each of the questions. There will be three categories of questions in each of the subjects.
|Subjects||1st Category||2nd Category||3rd Category||Total Question||Total Marks|
|No. of Question|
*Category 1 will fetch candidates 1 mark for every correct answer; whereas, Categories II and III will fetch candidates 2 marks each for every correct answer.
Mode of Answering in WBJEE 2020
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine- readable response (OMR) sheet, which will be evaluated by Optical Mark Recognition method. Thus, it is very important to follow the correct method of marking.
- There will be four alternative answers for each question. Candidates will indicate response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue/black ball point pen. Response marking cannot be edited/changed/erased/modified.
- Hence it is advised that the candidate should be sure about the answer before marking and should not put any stray mark on which he/she does not want to attempt.
WBJEE 2020 – Syllabus
Candidates, preparing for the WBJEE 2020 Exam, will have to start with understanding the WBJEE 2020 Syllabus and Exam Patterns. The Syllabus includes topics to be studied for the exam. Candidates will be asked 11th and 12th standard level concepts from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The WBJEE Syllabus 2020 has been laid down by the West Bengal JEE Board for the candidates to ease out the pressure and take off much surprise out of the WBJEE 2020 Exam.
WBJEE 2020 – Admit Card
Candidates will be asked to download a piece of document that will act as the admission ticket that will grant access inside the examination hall. This piece of document is known as WBJEE Admit Card 2020, and candidates can download them from the official website of WBJEEB. The Admit Card will contain exam venue, exam timings and shifts, candidate details, and so on. Once the candidate has the access to WBJEE Admit Card, he/she will have to check all the details given in the document and make sure they are not misrepresented.
WBJEE 2020 – Answer Key
The Answer Key will be released for the candidates a week post the conclusion of WBJEE 2020 Exam as this will help them make sense of their probable score. Furthermore, answer Key will include the correct answers against the questions that will be asked in the WBJEE 2020 Examination. Moreover, candidates will have the opportunity to challenge the Answer Key for a certain amount of fee. WBJEEB will analyze all the challenges and re-release the WBJEE Answer Key 2020 for the candidates. The revised and final Answer Key will be used to evaluate the WBJEE 2020 Result.
WBJEE 2020 – Result
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) will release the WBJEE 2020 Results for the candidates who will be appearing in the West Bengal JEE for the academic admission of 2020 session. Check WBJEE Result 2020 during the 1st or 2nd week of July 2020. Check the results from the official website of WBJEEB. It will be released in the form of the scores of the each individual subjects and overall marks. The WBJEE Result will eventually be used by the authorities for the preparation of WBJEE Merit List.
WBJEE 2020 – Merit List
Based on the papers (subjects) appeared in the WBJEE-2020 followed by marks scored there-of, two separate Merit Ranks shall be generated by the Board, i.e. General Merit List (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit List (PMR).
The General Merit List shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-I and Paper-II taken together. GMR shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course in Jadavpur University. Moreover, ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects. In case of ties, tie-breaking rules shall be applicable. Also, separate reserved category merit position will also be indicated for respective category of students e.g. SC Rank, ST Rank, OBC-A Rank, OBC-B Rank, Pw D Rank, TFW Rank.
Tie breaking Rule for GMR in determination of WBJEE Merit List 2020
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
WBJEE 2020 – Seat Allotment and Counselling
WBJEE Counseling 2020 /allotment of seat/admission will be done based on GMR only (not on category ranks). Moreover, Category ranks are only for information to candidates. Birth category is the basis for category ranks. Also, the ranks are based on information given by the candidates. If during verification, any candidate’s claim is found invalid, his/her category rank will be cancelled and the candidate will be considered in general category with his/her GMR. Category ranks of other candidates will not be revised.
Admission Procedure of WBJEE 2020
There are two ways to take admission in the participating institutes of WBJEE 2020. Furthermore, the first is to take the state level entrance exam WBJEE 2020. The second admission procedure involves taking admission through JEE Main 2020. Check the details below:
Seats for admission through JEE Main 2020 – Seats are available for student’s merit listed in JEE Main 2020 up to the extent of 10% of the approved seats in all Self-Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal. Furthermore, allotment of seats shall be strictly based on merit and preference of students through the counselling process conducted by the WBJEEB.