Tripura MBBS Admission 2020 will start in the third week of June 2020. The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Tripura is the main conducting body of the MBBS Admission process. The Authority will release the merit list on the basis of the NEET 2020 marks. So, soon after the declaration of the NEET Result on 4th June 2020, the Tripura NEET Conducting body will publish the merit list. However, to participate in the DME Tripura NEET Admission, candidates have to satisfy certain eligibility conditions. The Admission allows 85% of State Quota Seats and 15% of All India Quota Seats. The Admission Procedure will comprise of the Release of the merit list along with the counselling and document verification. So, candidates in this article, you can check all the details regarding the Tripura NEET MBBS/BDS Admission Process.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Tripura MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 – Scheduled Dates
The official dates of DME Tripura have not been announced yet. However, we have provided the tentative dates below. With the help of these dates, you can get an idea of the events. As soon as the dates are announced, we will update it here.
|Examination of NEET 2020||3rd May 2020|
|NEET Result release dates||4th June 2020|
|Release of the Provisional Merit List||3rd week of June 2020|
|Document Verification for State Quota Seats||4th week of June 2020|
|Online Registration for Round I Counselling||4th Week of June 2020|
|Publish of State Merit List||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|Declaration of Seat Allotment Result||First Week of July 2020|
|Last Date to Report the college||Second Week of July 2020|
|Second Round Counselling||Third Week of July 2020|
|Round Two Seat Allotment||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Document Verification (Round II)||Third Week of July 2020|
Highlights of Tripura MBBS Admissions 2020
|Name of the Event||Tripura MBBS Admission 2020|
|Examination Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Authority Conducting Counseling for State Quota Seats||Directorate of Medical Examination (DME), Tripura|
|Counseling Authority for All India and Central Pool Quota Seats||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
Eligibility Criteria of Tripura MBBS Admission
It is very important to satisfy the eligibility criteria for Tripura MBBS/BDS Admission. Hence, the following are the eligibility criteria conditions for Tripura NEET Admission.
- Firstly, the Candidates must hold an Indian Nationality.
- They must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of Tripura State/ their parents must have resided for a period of at least 10 years prior to the date of release of application form of NEET 2020 UG.
- Candidates who are children of either All India Service Officers borne in Tripura Cadre or employees of Tripura State Government posted outside the State will be eligible irrespective of their prior stay period.
- The students who have studied class 12th in any Institution under Tripura Government who are not the permanent residents of the region but are children of the Officers/Central Government Officers are also eligible for the Admission.
- Students must have passed 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology, and English from a recognized Board by the Central/ State Government.
- Applicants must pass with a minimum of 50% (unreserved) in each subject and 45% for Physical Handicapped (Unreserved), and 40% for Reserved Category.
- Candidates must have secured required minimum percentile in NEET Entrance Examination.
Tripura MBBS Seat Reservation 2020
Candidates who are applying for Tripura MBBS and BDS must note that there is no OBC Quota in Tripura State. Therefore, the candidates who belong to OBC Category are considered as Unreserved Category. The State Quota Seats in Participating Colleges have 15% seats are reserved under Scheduled Castes and 30% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribes.
The Annual Intake of the Institution is 100 students per year. Hence, the seat distribution in Tripura NEET 2020 is as follows-
|Seat Category||Seat Distribution||Category-Wise Seat Distribution|
|Tripura State Domiciled Candidates||80 seats||ST- 25|
Reservation with a person with a disability and Ex-Servicemen category as per the State Government Reservation Policy.
|All India (other than Tripura State Domiciled States)||20 seats||SC- 01|
Reservation with a person with a disability and Ex-Servicemen category as per the Government of India Policy.
|Note: The PWD Category candidates are accepted as per the MCI Norms. However, the PWD details must be mentioned in the NEET Mark Sheet.|
Tripura MBBS Merit List 2020
The DME Tripura will release the Tripura MBBS Merit List for the candidates who are willing to take admission in Medical and Dental Colleges. The merit list will be released online on its official website in the pdf format. Candidates can download the merit list from our site as well. However, the Tripura NEET Merit List will be declared on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. It will be published for each round of counseling. The Rank List of Tripura NEET MBBS/BDS will carry the following details.
Details Printed along with Tripura MBBS Merit List Result
The list of the details printed on Tripura MBBS/ BDS Merit list 2020 is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- NEET Rank
- NEET Score
- State Rank
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name etc.
Candidates have to qualify the NEET Qualifying Marks 2020 in order to get selected for the Online Registration Process.
Tripura MBBS Online Registration Process/Admission Form 2020
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the State Merit List will be eligible for filling the online application form. The Tripura MBBS Counselling Online Registration Form releases in June 2020. The Application Form will be released online on the official website- www.dme.tripura.gov.in
The Stages of Filling Tripura MBBS Application Form are-
- Registration Process
- Filling of Academic Details and Educational Qualifications
- Payment of the Application Fees
- Submission of the online registration form
Once you submit the application form, download and take the printout of the application form for future reference. A copy of the application form might be asked at the time of the counseling.
Application Fees of Tripura MBBS Admission
The Payment of Tripura MBBS Application Form can be done either offline/online.
- The cost of the application fees for the Unreserved Category is Rs 600/- and the application fees for Reserved Category is Rs 300/-.
- The Application Fees other than the State Domicile is Rs 1000/- for Unreserved Category and Rs 500/- for Reserved Category.
Candidates who are making the payment offline will be provided a slip (demand draft) indicating the proof of submission of the online registration form. Candidates will be offered seats in the colleges based on their NEET Scores. The Mode of Offline Application Fees has to be paid in favor of Director of Medical Education, Government of Tripura, Agartala payable at Agartala.
Tripura MBBS/BDS Counselling 2020
Tripura MBBS Counselling 2020 will take place online on the official website of DME, Assam. A separate link will be available for completing the Counselling procedure. There will be a common counselling that will take place by the Government of Tripura, Health and Family Welfare. The Tripura NEET Counseling Procedure will take place in two rounds. The procedure will take place rank-wise. In the counselling procedure, candidates have to register themselves and fill in their college preferences and courses. They can also modify their choices, but this has to be done before the submission deadline date.
According to their order of preference, candidates will be allotted seats accordingly. The Result of the Counselling procedure will release in July 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Tripura MBBS and BDS Counselling will be allotted seats based on their choices locked.
Tripura NEET MBBS Document Verification
After the completion of the Counselling procedure, candidates will be called out for Document Verification. The Document Verification Procedure of Tripura MBBS is conducted offline. Candidates must be physically present during the Document Verification. The Examination Authority of Tripura MBBS 2020 Admission will verify all the documents that are mentioned below-
- Pass Certificate of SSLC/Madhyamik Examination/ Admit Card of Madhyamik Examination as proof of age.
- NEET Hall Ticket
- NEET Score Card
- Marksheet of Class 12th H.S/ Equivalent Examination
- Valid Photo Identity Proof
- Permanent Resident Certificate from the Competent Authority (in case of Tripura State Domicile)
- ST/SC/OBC/ Child of Ex-Servicemen/ Physically Handicapped Certificate from Competent Authority as applicable.
- 5 colored passport size photograph of the candidate with date and time (taken only after or on 1st Jan 2020)
Tripura MBBS Admission – Participating Colleges
The Participating Colleges of Tripura MBBS Admission is as follows-
|Name of the Colleges||Total Number of Seats Reserved (under Seat Quota)|
|Agartala Government Medical College||75 Seats|
|Tripura Medical College||78 Seats|
|Regional Institute of Medical Sciences||13 Seats|
|Name of the College||Number of Seats|
|Dental College, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences||7 Seats|
|Regional Dental Colleges||3 Seats|
The Tripura MBBS Admission starts from June 2020 after the declaration of NEET Result. Based on the candidate’s NEET Scores and Rank, the State will publish a merit list and based on that, candidates have to fill in an online registration application form. So, if you have any queries regarding the application form then do comment on the section below.