`Tripura MBBS Admission 2021: The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Tripura is the main conducting body of the MBBS Admission process. The Authority prepares a merit list on the basis of the NEET 2021 marks. So, soon after the declaration of the NEET Result, the Tripura NEET Conducting body publishes the merit list. However, to participate in the DME Tripura NEET Admission, candidates have to satisfy certain eligibility conditions. The Admission allows 85% of State Quota Seats and 15% of All India Quota Seats. The Admission Procedure comprises the Release of the merit list along with the counselling and document verification. Candidates who want to pursue MBBS/ BDS course in Tripura state must go through this article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Tripura MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021 – Scheduled Dates
The selection committee carries out all the admission processes as per the schedule only. Hence, candidates should also keep themselves updated with important event dates. The schedule for Tripura MBBS Admission is provided in the information brochure. Candidates can check the Tripura MBBS 2020 Information Brochure for reference. It contains detailed information on the admission process.
|Examination of NEET 2021||– To be Announced –|
|NEET Result release dates||– To be Announced –|
|Release of the Provisional Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification for State Quota Seats||– To be Announced –|
|Online Registration for Round I Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Publish of State Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Declaration of Seat Allotment Result||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Report the college||– To be Announced –|
|Second Round Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Round Two Seat Allotment||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification (Round II)||– To be Announced –|
Highlights of Tripura MBBS Admissions 2021
|Name of the Event||Tripura MBBS Admission 2021|
|Examination Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Authority Conducting Counseling for State Quota Seats||Directorate of Medical Examination (DME), Tripura|
|Counseling Authority for All India and Central Pool Quota Seats||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
Eligibility Criteria of Tripura MBBS Admission
It is very important to satisfy the eligibility criteria for Tripura MBBS/ BDS Admission. Hence, the following are the eligibility criteria conditions for Tripura NEET Admission.
- Firstly, the Candidates must hold an Indian Nationality.
- They must be at least 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Tripura State/ their parents must have resided for a period of at least 10 years prior to the date of release of the application form of NEET 2021 UG.
- Candidates who are children of either All India Service Officers borne in Tripura Cadre or employees of Tripura State Government posted outside the State are eligible irrespective of their prior stay period.
- The students who have studied class 12th in any Institution under the Tripura Government who are not permanent residents of the region but are children of the Officers/ Central Government Officers are also eligible for Admission.
- Students must have passed 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-Technology, and English from a recognized Board by the Central/ State Government.
- Applicants must pass with a minimum of 50% (unreserved) in each subject and 45% for Physical Handicapped (Unreserved), and 40% for Reserved Category.
- Candidates must have secured the required minimum percentile in NEET Entrance Examination.
Tripura MBBS Seat Reservation 2021
Candidates who are applying for Tripura MBBS and BDS must note that there is no OBC Quota in Tripura State. Therefore, the candidates who belong to OBC Category are considered as Unreserved Category. The State Quota Seats in Participating Colleges have 15% of seats are reserved under Scheduled Castes and 30% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribes.
The Annual Intake of the Institution is 100 students per year. Hence, the seat distribution in Tripura NEET 2021 is as follows-
|Seat Category||Seat Distribution||Category-Wise Seat Distribution|
|Tripura State Domiciled Candidates||80 seats|
Reservation with a person with a disability and Ex-Servicemen category as per the State Government Reservation Policy.
|All India (other than Tripura State Domiciled States)||20 seats|
Reservation with a person with a disability and Ex-Servicemen category as per the Government of India Policy.
|Note: The PWD Category candidates are accepted as per the MCI Norms. However, the PWD details must be mentioned in the NEET Mark Sheet.|
Tripura MBBS Merit List 2021
The DME Tripura release the Tripura MBBS Merit List for the candidates who are willing to take admission in Medical and Dental Colleges. The merit list is released online on its official website in pdf format. Candidates can download the merit list from our site as well. However, the Tripura NEET Merit List is declared on the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores. This rank list helps the authority in carrying out admission rounds with ease. It is published for each round of counseling. The Rank List of Tripura NEET MBBS/BDS carries the following details.
Details Printed along with Tripura MBBS Merit List Result
The list of the details printed on Tripura MBBS/ BDS Merit list 2021 is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- NEET Rank
- NEET Score
- State Rank
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name etc.
Candidates have to qualify for the NEET Qualifying Marks 2021 in order to get selected for the Online Registration Process.
Tripura MBBS Online Registration Process/Admission Form 2021
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the State Merit List are eligible for filling the online application form. The Tripura MBBS Counselling Online Registration Form is released in online mode only. Hence, candidates can apply by visiting the DME, Tamil Nadu official website- www.dme.tripura.gov.in
The Stages of Filling Tripura MBBS Application Form are-
- Registration Process
- Filling of Academic Details and Educational Qualifications
- Payment of the Application Fees
- Submission of the online registration form
Once you submit the application form, download and take the printout of the application form for future reference. A copy of the application form might be asked at the time of the counseling.
Application Fees of Tripura MBBS Admission
The Payment of Tripura MBBS Application Form can be done either offline/online.
- The cost of the application fees for the Unreserved Category is Rs 600/- and the application fees for Reserved Category is Rs 300/-.
- The Application Fees other than the State Domicile is Rs 1000/- for the Unreserved Category and Rs 500/- for Reserved Category.
Candidates who are making the payment offline are provided a slip (demand draft) indicating the proof of submission of the online registration form. Candidates are offered seats in the colleges based on their NEET Scores. The Mode of Offline Application Fees has to be paid in favor of the Director of Medical Education, Government of Tripura, Agartala payable at Agartala.
Tripura MBBS/ BDS Counselling 2021
Tripura MBBS Counselling 2021 take place online on the official website of DME, Assam. A separate link shall be available for completing the Counselling procedure. There is a common counselling round that takes place by the Government of Tripura, Health and Family Welfare. The Tripura NEET Counseling Procedure takes place in two rounds. Candidates are called for counselling category-wise. In the counselling procedure, candidates have to register themselves and fill in their college preferences and courses. They can also modify their choices, but this has to be done before the submission deadline date.
According to their order of preference, candidates are allotted seats accordingly. Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Tripura MBBS and BDS Counselling are allotted seats based on their choices locked.
Tripura NEET MBBS Document Verification
After the completion of the Counselling procedure, candidates have to provide the required documents for verification purposes. The Document Verification Procedure of Tripura MBBS is conducted offline. Candidates must be physically present during the Document Verification. The Examination Authority of Tripura MBBS 2021 Admission verify all the documents that are mentioned below-
- Pass Certificate of SSLC/ Madhyamik Examination/ Admit Card of Madhyamik Examination as proof of age.
- NEET Hall Ticket
- NEET Score Card
- Marksheet of Class 12th H.S/ Equivalent Examination
- Valid Photo Identity Proof
- Permanent Resident Certificate from the Competent Authority (in case of Tripura State Domicile)
- ST/ SC/ OBC/ Child of Ex-Servicemen/ Physically Handicapped Certificate from Competent Authority as applicable.
- 5 colored passport size photograph of the candidate with date and time (taken only after or on 1st Jan 2021)
Tripura MBBS Admission – Participating Colleges
The Participating Colleges of Tripura MBBS Admission is as follows-
|Name of the Colleges||Total Number of Seats Reserved (under Seat Quota)|
|Agartala Government Medical College||75 Seats|
|Tripura Medical College||78 Seats|
|Regional Institute of Medical Sciences||13 Seats|
|Name of the College||Number of Seats|
|Dental College, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences||7 Seats|
|Regional Dental Colleges||3 Seats|