Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Counselling 2019: Directorate of Medical Education (DME) will be conducting the annual admission counselling for the medical and dental programmes in the month of July 2019. The admission will be held under the state quota of Tamil Nadu for the academic session of 2019. The candidates that will be considered for the Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List will be able to participate in the counselling sessions arranged by DME. The whole counselling process involves registering, choice filling and locking, document verification, seat allotment, and admission confirmation. The counselling will be held in multiple rounds until the seats are completely filled.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, candidates will learn about the Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule, Participation Procedure, and other important details.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2019 Counselling Schedule
Directorate of Medical Education (DME) will be conducting the counselling session in the month of July 2019. Candidates who are enrolling for admission under state quota of Tamil Nadu will be able to participate in the counselling sessions. The participation is subject to eligibility. Refer to the table below for complete Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling schedule.
|1||Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Online Registration||2nd week of June 2019|
|2||Registration Deadline||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Merit List for Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission||4th week of June 2019|
|4||Document verification||4th week of June 2019|
|5||Online Choice Filling||4th week of June 2019|
|6||First Round of Counseling||1st week of July 2019|
|7||First Seat Allotment List||1st week of July 2019|
|8||Online Choice Filling for second Counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|9||Second Round of Counseling||1st week of August 2019|
|10||Mop up Round for Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2019||4th week of August 2019|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Procedure 2019
MBBS/BDS Counselling for Tamil Nadu state quota admission will be mainly an offline process. Candidates will have to physically mark presence with relevant documents. Counselling will be held separately for each category. Only candidates who will clear the NEET 2019 be able to attend the counselling session of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission. The authorities will be preparing and releasing the merit list, and based on that candidates can begin filling and locking choices. Here is a detailed step to participate in the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2019 Counselling.
Step 1: Register and Login
- The Tamil Nadu MBBS 2019 Admission Application form will be released during the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2019.
- Registration will involve filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images will be provided later.
- At this point, candidates will be asked to carefully read the terms and conditions. To proceed, candidates will have to agree on to the declaration statement.
- After declaration, candidates have to confirm their registration and continue from therein.
Step 2: Document Verification
Candidates will have to attend the document verification procedure. The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate for state quota in government colleges
- NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- Counseling letter of Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2019 Fee transaction slip and Tamil Nadu 2019 MBBS Application form.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Choice Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking will be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates will be able to choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate will only be able to choose private colleges under management quota.
- Choices are to be locked at the end and candidates will not be able to make changes.
Step 4: Candidates considered in the merit list will be able to participate in the Tamil Nadu MBBS Counseling process. Tamil Nadu MBBS 2019 counseling will be conducted from the first week of July 2019. The candidates will be given seat allotment choices and he/she can accept it or participate in the next counselling round. Candidates will be notified regarding the counseling time and venue via mail by the counseling conducting body. Students will have to reach on time at said venue with all the relevant documents.
Step 5: Admission Confirmation
- Candidates will have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
Participating Colleges (Tentative)
|S. No.||Government Medical College|
|1||Madras Medical College|
|2||Stanley Medical College|
|3||Madurai Medical College|
|4||Thanjavur Medical College|
|5||Kilpauk Medical College|
|6||Chengalpattu Medical College|
|7||Tirenelveli Medical College|
|8||Coimbatore Medical College|
|9||Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College|
|10||KAP Viswanatham Govt. Medical College|
|11||Thoothukudi Medical College|
|12||Govt. Kanyakumari Medical College|
|13||Govt. Vellore Medical College|
|14||Govt. Theni Medical College|
|15||Govt. Dharmapuri Medical College|
|16||Govt. Villupuram Medical College|
|17||Govt. Thiruvarur Medical College|
|18||Govt. Sivagangai Medical College|
|19||Thiruvannamalai Medical College|
|20||Govt. Omandurar Medical College|
|21||Govt Medical Collage and ESIC Hospital|
|22||Pudukottai Medical College and Hospital|
|S. No.||Govt. Dental College|
|1||Tamil Nadu Govt. Dental College|
|S. No.||Private Medical College|
|1||Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute|
|2||ACS Medical College and Hospital|
|3||SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center|
|4||Saveetha Medical College and Hospital|
|5||Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Hospital|
|6||Vinayaka Missions Sankarachariyar|
|7||Sri Satya Sai Medical College|
|8||Sri Balaji Medical College and Hospital|
|9||Meenakshi Medical College and Hospital|
|S. No.||Private Dental College|
|1||SRM Kattankalathur Dental College|
|2||Vinayaka Mission’s Sankarachariyar Dental College|
|3||Satyabhama University Dental College|
|4||Saveetha Dental College|
|5||Thai Moogambigai Dental College|
|6||Sri Ramachandra Dental College|
|7||SRM Dental College|
|8||Sri Balaji Dental College|
|9||Meenakshi Ammal Dental College|