Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2020: The Provisional List of Management and Government Quota has been released. Check out the complete schedule below. The Merit List will be published by Directorate of Medical Education (DME) is responsible for releasing the rank list. It will further be available in two formats – Provisional and Management. Candidates who have appeared in the NEET 2020 and who will be enrolling for Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission under the state quota can expect their names to be included in the merit list. The merit list preparation is subject to certain eligibility criteria. Candidates will be able to view the Merit List by accessing the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME). Furthermore, the complete details regarding the Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2020 are mentioned down below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Tamil MBBS/BDS Provisional Merit List released (Government and Management Quota). Check Here.
- TN MBBS 2020 Application Form has been released, the students must submit it before the due date. The merit list will be released soon after the application process.
TN NEET Admission Seats Availability
The State has a total of 2085 MBBS Seats and 153 Seats under BDS after surrendering to All India Quota, including the wards of ESIC and Indian Road Transport Corporation (548+70) in MBBS and 29 in BDS. In the management category, a total of 2,100 seats are available in MBBS and 1,760 in BDS. Of these 86 seats are reserved in MBBS and 80 in BDS for government school students. A total of 306 seats are reserved for NRI candidates in MBBS.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2020
This list is made for ranking the candidates in order of merit. As that makes the process of seat allotment and counselling easier. Thus, TN MBBS 2020 Merit List will indicate the names of the selected candidates. Only the listed candidates will be further eligible for the counselling. The candidates should be aware of all the important dates. As the officials haven’t announced the schedule. Thus, the tentative dates are mentioned in the table given below.
|1||Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Online Registration||03rd November 2020|
|2||Registration Deadline||12th November 2020|
|3||The Release of the Rank List||16th November 2020|
|4||Special Category and Ward Counselling for I.R.T Employees||– To be Announced –|
|5||First Phase counselling||– To be Announced –|
|6||Second Phase Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|7||Mop-Up Round Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|8||Commencement of Courses||15th December 2020|
|9||Admission Closes||31st December 2020|
Check – NEET Merit List 2020
How To Download Tamil Nadu MBBS/ BDS Merit List?
Candidates who will be giving the NEET 2020 exam, and who will successfully enroll in the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2020 Admission process can hope their names to be included in the merit list for the academic session of 2020-21. Further, students can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the rank list.
- Go to the official website of Directorate of Medical Education (DME) – www.tnhealth.org
- Locate the link that leads to counselling and seat allotment
- Click on the Merit List Link
- Merit List will be displayed on the screen in the PDF form
- Check out names and keep a print of the document
Details mentioned in Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2020
The main purpose of the Merit Lists is to communicate which all candidates clear for further admission process. Here’s what candidates can expect upon accessing the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2020 Merit List.
- NEET Roll Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Candidate’s Gender
- Tamil Nadu Subcategory
- NEET Marks
- NEET Percentile
- Tamil Nadu Category
- NEET Rank
- Fee Status
- Tamil Nadu State Merit
Download Tamil Nadu NEET MBBS Previous Years’ Rank List/ Allotment List
Here, we have provided the PDF Merit List of Tamil Nadu Provisional (Government) and Management Quota Merit List. Download the respective merit list. This Rank List carries the names of the applicants who are eligible for MBBS/BDS Admission 2020.
- Allotted List (Management Quota) for Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission
- List of Shortlisted Candidates
- List of Shortlisted Candidates for BDS Colleges
- Vacancy Position in the Government Colleges for MBBS and BDS Admission
|Category Merit List||Download Link|
|Provisional Rank List (Government Quota)||Click Here to Download|
|Provisional Rank List (Management Quota)||Click Here To Download|
Tamil Nadu NEET MBBS Cut-off 2020
Cut-offs will be set by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Mumbai by assessing the NEET Score, Number of Applicants for Tamil Nadu MBBS 2020 Admissions, seat availability, etc. Candidates will have to clear the Cut-off marks in order to further into the admission procedure. Last year the Cut-offs stood at 50th Percentile for the General Candidates, 40th Percentile for the SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates, and 45th Percentile for Unreserved PWD candidates.
Tie Break Scenario
It often occurs that two or more candidates secure the same score, and it creates a bit of hassle for the counselling conducting authority to facilitate the admission procedures. To make things easier, DME has come up with a plan of action.
- Candidates with a higher score in Biology Subject will get more marks.
- Even after that, if the score remains the same, then the candidates with higher test scores in Chemistry will be given preferences.
- If a tie still remains, candidates with a lower number of the wrong answer will be considered.
- If nothing works, the older candidate will be given the preference.
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2020 Counselling and Seat Allotment
Candidates who clear the NEET 2020 will be eligible for the TN MBBS Counselling Round. The Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their NEET score and Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Merit List 2020. But before participating in the counselling process, candidates will have to get their documents verified. The documents that are to verified are as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Tamil Nadu
- NEET 2020 Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admissions
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2020 Admissions.
If you have any queries regarding this article, then please comment on the section below.