Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2021 announced Soon. The Merit List is prepared and published by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME). It is released in two formats – Provisional and Management. Candidates who have appeared in the NEET 2021 and who are enrolling for Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission under the state quota can expect their names to be included in the merit list. The merit list preparation is subject to certain eligibility criteria. Candidates can view the Merit List by accessing the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME). Furthermore, the complete details regarding the Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2021 and selection criteria are provided in this article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
TN NEET Admission Seats Availability
The State has a total of 2085 MBBS Seats and 153 Seats under BDS after surrendering to All India Quota, including the wards of ESIC and Indian Road Transport Corporation (548+70) in MBBS and 29 in BDS. In the management category, a total of 2,100 seats are available in MBBS and 1,760 in BDS. Of these 86 seats are reserved in MBBS and 80 in BDS for government school students. A total of 306 seats are reserved for NRI candidates in MBBS.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2021
This list is made for ranking the candidates in order of merit. As that makes the process of seat allotment and counselling easier. Thus, TN MBBS 2021 Merit List indicates the names of the selected candidates. Moreover, only the merit list students can participate in the rounds of counselling. The counselling begins soon after the merit list release. Candidates are thus advised to keep themselves updated with important event dates so that no major event is missed.
|Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Online Registration||19th December 2021|
|Registration Deadline||– 7th January 2024|
|The Release of the Rank List||To be Announced|
Check – NEET Merit List 2021
How To Download Tamil Nadu MBBS/ BDS Merit List?
Candidates who appear in NEET 2021 exam, and successfully enroll in the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Admission process can hope their names to be included in the merit list for the academic session of 2021. Further, students can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the rank list.
- Go to the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) – www.tnhealth.org
- Locate the link that leads to counselling and seat allotment
- Click on the Merit List Link
- Merit List is displayed on the screen in the PDF form
- Check out names and keep a print of the document
Details mentioned in Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2021
The main purpose of the Merit Lists is to communicate which all candidates clear for further admission process. Here’s what candidates can expect upon accessing the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Merit List.
- NEET Roll Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Candidate’s Gender
- Tamil Nadu Subcategory
- NEET Marks
- NEET Percentile
- Tamil Nadu Category
- NEET Rank
- Fee Status
- Tamil Nadu State Merit
Download Tamil Nadu NEET MBBS Previous Years’ Rank List/ Allotment List
Here, we have provided the PDF Merit List of Tamil Nadu Provisional (Government) and Management Quota Merit List. Download the respective merit list. This Rank List carries the names of the applicants who are eligible for MBBS/ BDS Admission.
TN MBBS 2020 Rank Lists
|Categories||Rank List PDF|
|Government Quota||Click Here|
|Management Quota||Click Here|
|7.5 Government School Candidates||Click Here|
TN MBBS/ BDS Previous Years’ Rank List
|Category Merit List||Download Link|
|Provisional Rank List (Government Quota)||Click Here to Download|
|Provisional Rank List (Management Quota)||Click Here To Download|
- Allotted List (Management Quota) for Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission
- List of Shortlisted Candidates
- List of Shortlisted Candidates for BDS Colleges
- Vacancy Position in the Government Colleges for MBBS and BDS Admission
Tamil Nadu NEET MBBS Cut-off 2021
Cut-offs is set by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu by assessing the NEET Score, Number of Applicants for Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Admissions, seat availability, etc. Candidates have to clear the Cut-off marks in order to further into the admission procedure. Last year the Cut-offs stood at 50th Percentile for the General Candidates, 40th Percentile for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD candidates, and 45th Percentile for Unreserved PWD candidates.
Tie Break Scenario
It often occurs that two or more candidates secure the same score, and it creates a bit of hassle for the counselling conducting authority to facilitate the admission procedures. To make things easier, DME has come up with a plan of action.
- Candidates with a higher score in Biology Subject get more marks.
- Even after that, if the score remains the same, then the candidates with higher test scores in Chemistry is given preferences.
- If a tie still remains, candidates with a lower number of the wrong answer is considered.
- If nothing works, the older candidate is placed higher in the merit list.
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Counselling and Seat Allotment
Candidates who clear the NEET 2021 have to participate in the TN MBBS Counselling Round. The seats are allotted to the students as per the rank list. Candidates of higher merit rank can easily get admission to the desired MBBS/ BDS college of TN state. But before participating in the counselling process, candidates have to get their documents verified. The documents that are to verified are as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Tamil Nadu
- NEET 2021 Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admissions
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Admissions.
If you have any queries regarding this article, then please comment on the section below.