IPU MBBS Admission 2020 has been started. The last date to submit the application form is over, thus the merit list will be released soon. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is the main conducting body of IPU MBBS Admission. The Admission Process starts soon after the NEET 2020 UG Result declaration. The Admission of the candidates takes place on the basis of the NEET-UG. The University will conduct a common counselling round for the NEET Candidates. Based on the NEET 2020 Marks, candidates will be offered admissions in various Medical and Dental Colleges. The Admission Procedure includes – Application Form, Merit List, Counselling, etc. Candidates who are willing to get admission in IPU MBBS and BDS Colleges can check this article out. In this article, we have discussed completely the IPU MBBS Admission 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Note that the Application Process has been completed successfully. Hence, now the merit list will be published soon.
- The Link to edit the IPU MBBS Application Form for the registered students was activated earlier. Candidates had to submit the application forms before 20th October 2020.
Important Dates of IPU MBBS Admission 2020
The application form for IPU MBBS 2020 Admission has been released. However, the authorities haven’t confirmed the other dates yet. The schedule table will be updated as soon as the dates will be announced. Candidates should have an idea about the admission activities schedule, as the form will be available for a limited period of time. The last date to submit the form is mentioned below.
|The release of the online application form||3rd March 2020 (released)|
|Last Date of Submitting the Application Form|
20th October 2020
|Last Date to Submit the Application Fees (MBBS and BDS)|
20th October 2020
|Date of editing forms for already submitted candidates|
|Display of the Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|First Round of Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Fresh Registrations||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form (for the candidates who have submitted an incomplete form, or invalid NEET Roll Number)||– To be Announced –|
|Display of Merit List||– To be Announced –|
Candidates are advised to check the website frequently. It is expected that the dates will be released soon after the declaration of the NEET MBBS/BDS Results.
Highlights of IPU MBBS Admission 2020
- IPU MBBS Application Form has been released on 3rd March 2020
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is the conducting body of IPU MBBS Admission.
- Candidates who have qualified NEET 2020 with minimum qualified marks will be eligible to fill the application form.
- IPU NEET MBBS BDS Admission offers admission in various Medical and Dental Colleges under GGSIPU.
- The Admission Procedure includes- Application Form, Merit List, Counselling Round, and Document Verification.
IPU MBBS Admission Criteria 2020
Candidates who are willing to take admissions in the Government Medical and Dental Colleges of Indraprastha University must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the IPU MBBS and BDS Admission.
The Eligibility conditions of Indraprastha GGSIPU MBBS Admission is as follows-
- The Minimum Age of the Candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- Candidates whose age is above 25 years are also eligible to participate in IPU MBBS Admission 2020.
Nationality and Domicile Eligibility
- The Nationality of the Candidate must be Indian.
- The Candidate must have completed Class 12th from CBSE/ICSE/JMI with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology, and English from a recognized School located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- The Candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in Class 12th.
- Candidates belonging to the General Category must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in aggregate.
- The PWD General Category Candidates minimum aggregate marks are 45%.
- Candidates belonging to the Reserved Category have to score a minimum of 40% marks.
Minimum Required Percentile Scored in NEET MBBS and BDS
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Marks Required|
|General (UR)||50%||119 Marks|
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD Candidates)||40%||96 Marks|
|General PWD Candidates||45%||107 Marks|
How to Fill IPU NEET MBBS Application Form
The Application Form of Indraprastha University, New Delhi is released on 3rd March 2020. The IPU MBBS Application Form is available online on the official website of IPU. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can fill in the IPU CET 103 application form. A separate link is activated on the homepage with a stipulated period of time.
The Step by step procedure to fill in the IPU MBBS Application Form 2020 is as follows-
Step -I Registration
This is the first step in filling the application form. In this process, the applicant has to provide basic information. The details that have to be filled at the time of registration is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Exam Category
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Physically Handicapped
- State from where the qualifying exam is passed.
- JK Migrant
- Identification Mark
- E-mail ID
- Mobile Number
- Upload Photograph, Signature, and Left-Hand Thumb Impression
Size and Dimension of the Scanned Documents
|Photograph of the Candidate||Maximum 80 kB||30 mm *45 mm||JPEG, GIF|
|Signature of the Candidate||Maximum 80 kB||80 mm*35 mm||JPEG, GIF|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression of the Candidate||Maximum 80 kB||30 mm *60 mm||JPEG, GIF|
Step -II Fill the Academic Details
After the successful registration process, you will receive a Registration ID and Password. Using the Login Credentials, log in and fill in the academic details such as the Class 10th and 12th Marks and Address details.
After submitting all the academic details, the candidates will be redirected to the final submission page where you have to fill the captcha code, Click on the “I Agree” button and click on the “Submit” Button because the details cannot be modified after clicking on the submit button.
Step-IV Login ID and Password
Candidates must keep their ID and Password safe for future reference. A checkbox will be displayed on the screen which will confirm that the applicant has saved their ID and Password. It is advised that the candidates must keep their Registration ID and Password safe as it can be used for future reference.
Step-V Course Application
The Aspirants have to click on the “Apply Courses” button and the window with all the available courses will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can choose “MBBS” as their course choice in IPU MBBS Admission 2020. The Candidates must enter NEET 2020 Enrollment Number. Click on the “Submit” button if you don’t need any modifications to make. It has to be noted that, you can make the changes before the closing date, otherwise it will get locked automatically.
Step-VII Payment of the Application Fees
Make the Payment of the Application Fees through Internet Banking/Credit card/Debit Card etc. The Application Fees is Rs 1000 for all the categories.
Step-VIII Printout and Download
After the submission of the IPU GGSIPU NEET MBBS/BDS Form, download and take the printout of the application form. Keep the Printout Safe for future reference.
IPU MBBS Merit List 2020
The Indra Prastha University MBBS Merit List 2020 will be available online on the official website of GGSIPU. The IPU MBBS Merit List will declare the names of the candidates who have successfully submitted their application form. The Merit List is prepared on the basis of the NEET-UG Scores. The Ranking of the candidates in the IPU MBBS/BDS Merit List is done in decreasing order. This means that the candidates with the highest NEET Score and satisfying the eligibility criteria are ranked first.
IPU MBBS Counselling 2020
The IPU MBBS Counselling is conducted on the basis of the candidate’s rank in the Merit List. In the Counselling Round, candidates have to choose their college preferences and course choices. The University conducts a common counselling round for the candidates. Candidates have to submit the documents at the time of counselling. After the verification of the documents, the conducting body will inform the candidates about the course and colleges available. Applicants have to choose only one of the available courses at a particular college. If a seat is allotted to the candidate then a medical examination is conducted. The Candidature will be eligible if the candidate is found unfit.
IPU MBBS Seat Matrix & Availability
Various Medical and Dental Colleges take part in IPU MBBS Admission 2020. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria and have submitted the application form successfully can check the list of the colleges that participate in the IPU MBBS Admission 2020 Process.
The list of the Colleges are as follows-
IPU Medical Colleges List
|University||Colleges||Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||128 Seats|
|North Delhi Municipal Corporation (Medical College), Hindu Rao Hospital, New Delhi||43 Seats|
|Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi||85 Seats|
|Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital, New Delhi||85 Seats|
|Total Seats||341 Seats|
IPU Dental College List
|University||College||Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)||ESIC Dental College and Hospital, Rohini||43 Seats|
|Total Number of Seats||43 Seats|
List of Required Documents for IPU MBBS Admission
The Document Verification Round will take place at the time of counselling. Candidates have to bring an original set of documents along with two sets of photocopies. The list of the documents that are mandatory are –
- NEET Admit Card 2020
- The Rank Card/Score Card of NEET
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Self Attested Copy of the following-
- Aadhaar Card
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Character Certificate issued by the Principal of the school last attended or any Gazetted Officer
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Certificate if applicable
- OBC Certificate (optional)
- Father’s SC/ST Certificate (optional)
- The person with Disability (PWD) if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (optional)
- OCI Card (if applicable)
- Certificate from the Principal of the School on prescribed proforma
- School is situated within National Capital Territory of Delhi
- If the school is recognized by the CBSE/Council for the Indian School Certificate/ Jamia Milia Islamia
- The School must be conducting regular classes
- The Applicant must have attended regular classes in the school for Class 11th and 12th.