IPU MBBS Admission 2021: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is the main conducting body of the admission process. The Admission Process starts soon after the NEET 2021 UG Result declaration. In addition, the Admission of the candidates takes place on the basis of the NEET-UG. The University conducts a common counselling round for the NEET Candidates. Based on the NEET 2021 Marks, candidates are offered admissions to various Medical and Dental Colleges. The IPU MBBS Admission 2021 procedure includes – Application Form, Merit List, Counselling, etc. Aspirants can further go through this article to get detailed information on admission processes.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates of IPU MBBS Admission 2021
IPU MBBS Application Form shall be available for a limited period of time. Thus, candidates should be well acquainted with the admission activities schedule. In this section, candidates can find all the important event dates.
|The release of the online application form||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of Submitting the Application Form||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Fees (MBBS and BDS)||– To be Announced –|
|Date of editing forms for already submitted candidates||– To be Announced –|
|Display of the Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|First Round of Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Fresh Registrations||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form (for the candidates who have submitted an incomplete form, or invalid NEET Roll Number)||– To be Announced –|
|Display of Merit List||– To be Announced –|
IPU MBBS Admission Criteria 2021
Candidates who are willing to take admissions in the Government Medical and Dental Colleges of Indraprastha University must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the Admission. Moreover, candidates must have the relevant documents as well to prove their eligibility. The IPU MBBS Eligibility Criteria as prescribed by the university is further explained in this section.
- The Minimum Age of the Candidate must be 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year.
- Candidates whose age is above 25 years are also eligible to participate in IPU MBBS Admission 2021.
Nationality and Domicile Eligibility
- The Nationality of the Candidate must be Indian.
- The Candidate must have completed Class 12th from CBSE/ ICSE/ JMI with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-Technology, and English from a recognized School located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- The Candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in Class 12th.
- Candidates belonging to the General Category must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in aggregate.
- The PWD General Category Candidates’ minimum aggregate marks are 45%.
- Candidates belonging to the Reserved Category have to score a minimum of 40% marks.
Minimum Required Percentile Scored in NEET MBBS and BDS
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile|
|SC/ ST/ OBC (including PWD Candidates)||40%|
|General PWD Candidates||45%|
How to Fill IPU NEET MBBS Application Form
The Application Form of Indraprastha University, New Delhi is released soon after the NEET result declaration. The IPU MBBS Application Form is available online on the official website of IPU. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can fill in the IPU CET 103 application form. A separate link is activated on the homepage with a stipulated period of time.
The Step by step procedure to fill in the IPU MBBS Application Form 2021 is as follows-
Step -I Registration
This is the first step in filling the application form. In this process, the applicant has to provide basic information. The details that have to be filled in at the time of registration is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Exam Category
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Physically Handicapped
- State from where the qualifying exam is passed.
- JK Migrant
- Identification Mark
- E-mail ID
- Mobile Number
- Upload Photograph, Signature, and Left-Hand Thumb Impression
Size and Dimension of the Scanned Documents
|Photograph of the Candidate||Maximum 80 kB||30 mm *45 mm||JPEG, GIF|
|Signature of the Candidate||Maximum 80 kB||80 mm*35 mm||JPEG, GIF|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression of the Candidate||Maximum 80 kB||30 mm *60 mm||JPEG, GIF|
Step -II Fill the Academic Details
After the successful registration process, the Registration ID and Password are generated. Using the Login Credentials, log in and fill in the academic details such as the Class 10th and 12th Marks and Address details.
After submitting all the academic details, the candidates are redirected to the final submission page where you have to fill the captcha code, click on the “I Agree” button and click on the “Submit” Button because the details cannot be modified after clicking on the submit button.
Step-IV Login ID and Password
Candidates must keep their ID and Password safe for future reference. A checkbox is displayed on the screen which confirms that the applicant has saved their ID and Password. It is advised that the candidates must keep their Registration ID and Password safe as they can be used for future reference.
Step-V Course Application
The Aspirants have to click on the “Apply Courses” button and the window with all the available courses is displayed on the screen. Candidates can choose “MBBS” as their course choice in IPU MBBS Admission 2021. The Candidates must enter NEET 2021 Enrollment Number. Click on the “Submit” button if you don’t need any modifications to make. It has to be noted that, you can make the changes before the closing date, otherwise it gets locked automatically.
Step-VII Payment of the Application Fees
- In the next step, the payment portal appears on the screen.
- The Application Fees is INR 1,000 for all the categories.
- Further, the payment can be done in online mode through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Step-VIII Printout and Download
After the submission of the IPU GGSIPU NEET MBBS/ BDS Form, download and take the printout of the application form. Keep the Printout Safe for future reference.
IPU MBBS Merit List 2021
The Indra Prastha University MBBS Merit List 2021 is released online on the official website of GGSIPU. The IPU MBBS Merit List declares the names of the candidates who have successfully submitted their application forms. The Merit List is prepared on the basis of the NEET-UG Scores. The Ranking of the candidates in the IPU MBBS/ BDS Merit List is done in decreasing order. This means that the candidates with the highest NEET Score and satisfying the eligibility criteria are ranked first.
IPU MBBS Counselling 2021
The IPU MBBS Counselling is conducted on the basis of the candidate’s rank in the Merit List. In the Counselling Round, candidates have to choose their college preferences and course choices. The University conducts a common counselling round for the candidates. Candidates have to submit the documents at the time of counselling. After the verification of the documents, the conducting body informs the candidates about the course and colleges available. Applicants have to choose only one of the available courses at a particular college. If a seat is allotted to the candidate then a medical examination is conducted. The Candidature is canceled if the candidate is found unfit.
IPU MBBS Seat Matrix & Availability
Various Medical and Dental Colleges take part in IPU MBBS Admission 2021. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria and have submitted the application form successfully can check the list of the colleges that participate in the IPU MBBS Admission 2021 Process.
The list of the Colleges are as follows-
IPU Medical Colleges List
|University||Colleges||Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||128 Seats|
|North Delhi Municipal Corporation (Medical College), Hindu Rao Hospital, New Delhi||43 Seats|
|Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi||85 Seats|
|Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital, New Delhi||85 Seats|
|Total Seats||341 Seats|
IPU Dental College List
|University||College||Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)||ESIC Dental College and Hospital, Rohini||43 Seats|
|Total Number of Seats||43 Seats|
List of Required Documents for IPU MBBS Admission
The Document Verification Round takes place at the time of counselling. Candidates have to bring an original set of documents along with two sets of photocopies. The list of the documents that are mandatory are –
- NEET Admit Card 2021
- The Rank Card/ Score Card of NEET
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Self Attested Copy of the following-
- Aadhaar Card
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Character Certificate issued by the Principal of the school last attended or any Gazetted Officer
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Certificate if applicable
- OBC Certificate (optional)
- Father’s SC/ ST Certificate (optional)
- The person with Disability (PWD) if applicable
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (optional)
- OCI Card (if applicable)
- Certificate from the Principal of the School on prescribed proforma
- The school is situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- If the school is recognized by the CBSE/ Council for the Indian School Certificate/ Jamia Milia Islamia
- The School must be conducting regular classes
- The Applicant must have attended regular classes in the school for Class 11th and 12th.