Punjab GNM Counseling 2020: The Online Choice Filling procedure of GNM Govt. Colleges of Punjab have begun via online mode. Moreover, you can fill in your choices through the link provided below. In addition, this round is conducted for verification of documents. GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery Course. Applicants will get admission to General Nursing and Midwifery Course through the counseling process. The counselling round will be carried out in accordance with the Punjab GNM 2020 Merit List. The conducting authority is the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Punjab. They do all the administration stuff organizing to managing the admission procedure every year for the applicants.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Note that only merit candidates will be able to attend the counselling round. If your name is not in the list, then you are ineligible for this round. Further, the merit list will be available in online mode. Candidates will be able to check it on the official website. After that qualified students of the merit list will go to Punjab GNM 2020 counseling. But, to get admission to the university, applicants should meet the eligibility criteria. For more information please read the entire article.
- BFUHS Punjab GNM Counselling for the Govt. GNM Colleges of Punjab has begun. Thus, the students can fill in their choices now. Candidates need to first login to fill in their choices. The GNM Institute will further be allotted as per the filled in choices only. – Apply for Govt. Colleges Counselling
Punjab GNM Admission 2020 Important Dates
The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences will release the Admission and Counseling Dates on their site. However, you can check the expected schedule down below. It is as per last year’s schedule. It is given category-wise.
|Category||10+2 Stream||%Age in 10+2|
|Open Merit Including to All Reserve Categories||Medical||40% and Above|
|Others||78% and Above|
|Others||77.99% to 40%|
Candidates have to be physically present for the counselling along with the documents. The Address of all the GNM Counselling Centers has been provided below.
Check – GNM Counselling 2019
Punjab 2020 Counselling Phase: GNM Merit List
The Merit List will release online. It will come on the official website. The step by step process is available below-
- Go to the official website. ( http://bfuhs.ac.in/ )
- Click on the link given on the page for the Merit List.
- Download the Merit List.
- Enter Your application number.
- Check your result.
- And take a print out for future references.
Applicants with their names in the merit list will have to appear for the counseling round.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for the Punjab BFUHS GNM 2020 Counseling Round
In case there are two or more candidates with equal marks, then their inter-se merit will kick- in. It will determine who gets a higher rank in accordance with the following criteria :
a) If the marks in the qualifying examination are the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the matric examination will get a higher rank.
b) If two or more candidates have equal marks in (a) above criteria, then, the candidate senior in age will get a higher rank in the order of merit.
Check – Jharkhand GNM/ANM 2019
Punjab GNM Counseling for Admission 2020
The counseling phase comes after the merit list releases. So, it is very important. You will get your college after this step. The other important details related to the counseling round are mentioned down below for the candidates:
- Punjab BFUHS GNM 2020 Counselling may start from 1st August to 2nd August 2020.
- The counseling round will be conducted for qualified applicants. It is there to provide them with their choice of college.
- Applicants will have to appear for counselling round according to the merit list.
- At the time of counseling, applicants have to carry all original and attested copies of the required documents.
- Those documents will be checked for verification.
- After the completion of the verification process, applicants will get admission to the university.
- After verification process applicants need to pay the counseling fee.
- You will get the details of the counseling fee from the university.
- There was only one way to pay the counseling fee last year. It was in offline mode only by demand draft. Thus, we are expecting it to be same this year as well.
- Authorities may not accept any other mode for the payment of the counseling fee.
Colleges for Punjab GNM Counselling and the Seat Distribution
For the Punjab GNM/ANM 2020 Counseling, the Government had 7 schools of Nursing last year. Their aim was to improve the health status of people of Punjab. Along with that, they wanted to impart training to girls in General Nursing and Midwifery. Punjab Government, Indian Nursing Council, and Punjab Nurses Registration Council approved all these schools of Nursing last year. All the approved schools were affiliated with Government hospitals located in the reputed areas of the cities. The category-wise break-up of seats will be appearing at the time/venue of counseling. Down below is available the list of those Institutes. Candidates have to be physically present for the counselling along with the documents. Moreover, we are expecting that the counselling round will be carried out in the same manner this year as well.
Sr No. Name of the Institute No. of seats available 1. Amritsar Shaheed Madan Lal Dhingra Memorial Govt. School of Nursing 40 2. Bathinda Government G.N.M.Training School 50 3. Gurdaspur Government G.N.M. School of Nursing 50 4. Jalandhar Government School of Nursing, Shaheed Babu Labh Singh Civil Hospital 50 5. Patiala Government School of Nursing Mata Kaushalaya Hospital 50 6. Ropar Government Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences 50 7. Sangrur Government Nursing Training School 40
Punjab 2020 Nursing Course Fees
The students qualifying for the Punjab Nursing Counseling Round will have to pay the fees. The annual fees was Rs 35,000 last year, which includes – Tuition Fee, Clinical Charges, Amalgamated Funds, etc. The breakup amount of fees category-wise is available down below. It is as per last year records. The authorities may revise the fee structure. We will update you if any changes are made.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 2,000|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 15,000|
|Clinical Charges||Rs. 500|
|Amalgamated Funds||Rs. 17,500|
|Security Fee ( Refundable)||Rs.5,000|
|Hostel Fee(Per Month)||Rs. 400|
NOTE about the Course Fees
- All the selected candidates will have to deposit full fee on the day of joining. The deposit should be in the shape of Demand Draft favoring Principal of the respective institution.
- Failure to deposit the fee on the day of joining will lead to cancellation of your admission. And that seat will be for the next candidate in subsequent counseling.
- All charges are subject to revision by Punjab Government from time to time during the period of course. That means they have the authority to make changes in the fee structure.
- Candidates from Reserved Category will have to provide an Income Certificate from Competent Authority.
- Candidates with parents having an annual income of less than 2.5 Lakh will be exempted from paying the Annual Course Fee. But these candidates will have to deposit a sum of Rs. 5000/- on the day of joining. This will be for security otherwise their admission will be cancelled.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category with parents income above 2.5 Lacs per annum or who do not bring any Income Certificate will have to pay Rs.40000/-. That is their annual fees and security deposit (35000/- + 5000/-) as course fee. Or else the seat gets allotted to the next candidate.
- Students will have to pay for the uniform and books separately.
We hope that the article helped you with what you were looking for. Please also keep up with the official website. Because any new information will come over there first. You can also check over here, as we update new information over here too.