Punjab GNM Counseling 2021: Through this counselling process, admission is granted to GNM Schools of Punjab state. This is the last stage of the admission process. GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery Course. The university conducts a counselling round in accordance with the merit list. Hence, candidates are called for counselling as per their merit rank. The Punjab GNM Admission conducting authority is the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Punjab. They do all the administration stuff organizing to managing the admission procedure every year for the applicants.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Moreover, the students who are found eligible for counselling get a seat in the GNM college. However, Punjab GNM Counseling 2021 involves a few stages. Thus, for more information on the counselling procedure, read further.
Punjab GNM Admission 2021 Important Dates
The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences announces the admission and counselling dates on their official website. In addition, the counselling begins soon after the result declaration. The participants of counselling should be well-versed with the Punjab GNM Nursing Counselling Schedule to ensure that no major event is missed. Hence, the participants of counselling can check the important event dates in the table below.
|Merit List Release||– August/ September 2021 –|
|Online Submission of Preferences of GNM Schools||– September 2021 –|
|Allotment List||– To be Announced –|
|Joining & Deposition of Fees||– To be Announced –|
|Online Choice Filling||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment List||– To be Announced –|
|Joining & Deposition of Fees||– To be Announced –|
Check – GNM Counselling 2021
What is the Procedure of BFUHS GNM Nursing Counselling?
The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences appoints a selection committee for BFUHS GNM Counselling. This selection committee decides whether the student is eligible for admission or not and accordingly allot seats. Furthermore, the stages that the counselling round involves are as follows:
- Online Registration & Choice Filling: The counselling starts with the registration, wherein merit students have to register themselves and lock their choices. Candidates can lock their choices or preferences of GNM Colleges. Further, during seat allotment, the committee considers the filled-in choices.
- Seat Allotment List: After the conclusion of the choice filling process, the university publishes an allotment list. This list further indicates the names of candidates and the details of the allotted Punjab GNM School.
- Joining, Fee Deposition & Medical Checkup: Furthermore, the candidates whose names are on the allotment list have to report in person at the allotted nursing institute. On the joining day, a candidate has to provide the required documents for verification and pay the course fee. In addition, the university also conducts a medical checkup to ensure that the candidate is fit for the course.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for the Punjab BFUHS GNM 2021 Counseling Round
In case there are two or more candidates with equal marks, then their inter-se merit shall kick- in. The Punjab GNM Merit List is thus prepared in a fair manner. Candidates are further called for counselling as per their merit rank. The criteria considered for determining who is placed higher in the rank list is further as follows:
a) If the marks in the qualifying examination are the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the matric examination get a higher rank.
b) If two or more candidates have equal marks in (a) the above criteria, then, the candidate senior in age is placed higher on the rank list.
Punjab GNM Counseling for Admission 2021
The counselling phase comes after the merit list releases. So, it is very important. The GNM Schools are allotted in this admission round only. The other important details related to the counselling round are mentioned down below for the candidates:
- Punjab BFUHS GNM 2021 Counselling starts in the month of August or September 2021.
- The counseling round is conducted for qualified applicants. It is there to provide them with their choice of college.
- Moreover, applicants have to appear for the counselling round according to the merit list.
- At the time of counseling, applicants have to carry all original and attested copies of the required documents.
- Those documents are checked for verification.
- After the completion of the verification process, applicants get admission to the university.
- After the verification process applicants need to pay the counselling fee.
- The counselling fee details are further provided by the university.
- Further, candidates can pay the counselling fee in offline mode through Demand Draft. It was the only medium for paying the fees the previous year. So, it may remain the same, however, if the university accepts online payment, then we shall update that in the article.
- Authorities may not accept any other mode for the payment of the counseling fee.
Minimum Qualification Required
|Category||10+2 Stream||%Age in 10+2|
|Open Merit Including to All Reserve Categories||Medical||40% and Above|
|Others||78% and Above|
|Others||77.99% to 40%|
Check- Odisha GNM/ANM Counselling
Colleges for Punjab GNM Counselling and the Seat Distribution
For the Punjab GNM/ ANM 2021 Counseling, the Government has 7 schools of Nursing. Their aim is to improve the health status of the people of Punjab. Along with that, they want to impart training to girls in General Nursing and Midwifery. Punjab Government, Indian Nursing Council, and Punjab Nurses Registration Council have approved a lot of schools of Nursing for that. All the approved schools are affiliated with Government hospitals located in the reputed areas of the cities.
The category-wise break-up of seats is provided at the time/ venue of counseling. Down below is available the list of those Institutes. Candidates have to be physically present for the counselling along with the documents.
Sr No. Name of the Institute No. of seats available 1. Amritsar Shaheed Madan Lal Dhingra Memorial Govt. School of Nursing 40 2. Bathinda Government G.N.M.Training School 50 3. Gurdaspur Government G.N.M. School of Nursing 50 4. Jalandhar Government School of Nursing, Shaheed Babu Labh Singh Civil Hospital 50 5. Patiala Government School of Nursing Mata Kaushalaya Hospital 50 6. Ropar Government Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences 50 7. Sangrur Government Nursing Training School 40
Check – MP GNTST/PNST 2021 Counselling
Punjab 2021 Nursing Course Fees
The students qualifying for the Punjab Nursing Counseling Round have to pay the fees. The annual fee was Rs 35,000 last year, which includes – Tuition Fees, Clinical Charges, Amalgamated Funds, etc. The breakup amount of fees category-wise is available down below. It is as per last year’s records. The authorities, however, may revise the fee structure.
|Type||Amount (In INR)|
|Security Fee ( Refundable)||5,000|
|Hostel Fee(Per Month)||400|
Other Important Details of Course Fees
- All the selected candidates have to deposit the full fee on the day of joining. The deposit should be in the shape of a Demand Draft favoring the Principal of the respective institution.
- Failure to deposit the fee on the day of joining shall lead to the cancellation of your admission. Moreover, that seat is for the next candidate in subsequent counseling.
- All charges are subject to revision by Punjab Government from time to time during the period of course. That means they have the authority to make changes in the fee structure.
- Candidates from Reserved Category have to provide an Income Certificate from Competent Authority.
- Candidates with parents having an annual income of less than 2.5 Lakh are exempted from paying the Annual Course Fee. But these candidates have to deposit a sum of Rs. 5000/- on the day of joining. This is for security otherwise it calls unnecessary trouble.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category with parents income above 2.5 Lacs per annum or who do not bring any Income Certificate have to pay Rs.40,000/-. That is their annual fees and security deposit (35000/- + 5000/-) as course fees. Or else the seat gets allotted to the next candidate.
- Furthermore, students have to pay for the uniform and books separately.