The authorities have released application forms for Punjab GNM 2019. The forms were released on 28th June 2019. GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery Course. Applicants will be eligible to get admission in General Nursing and Midwifery Course through the admission process. The conducting authority is the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Punjab. They have to organize and manage the admission procedure every year for the applicants.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Check – Jharkhand GNM/ANM Admission 2019
Applicants who want to participate in the admission procedure need to fill and submit the duly filled application form. The form is available online. After that, a merit list will release. And the qualified students of merit list will go to counseling. But, to get admission to the university, applicants should meet the eligibility criteria. For more information please read the entire article. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details about the Punjab Nursing Admission Process 2019.
Punjab GNM Admission Important Dates
There are a few important dates. The students should be aware of these dates. Down below in the table those dates are available-
|Name of the Important events||Dates Scheduled|
|Release of the Application form (Already Released)||28th June 2019|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||24th July 2019|
|Last Date for deposit of fee in the bank through Bank Challan||26th July 2019|
|Release of the Merit List||30th July 2019|
|Commencement of Counseling||1st – 2nd August 2019|
Eligibility for Punjab GNM 2019 Course Admission
The candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility is compulsory for the Punjab GNM Nursing Admission 2019. Therefore, there are certain terms and conditions of this eligibility. Those terms and conditions are down below-
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years on 31.12.2019.
- There is no age bar for ANM.
- The required minimum education is 10+2 class passed.
- The authorities will give the first preference to Science (PCB) + English students.
- The course requires a minimum aggregate of 40% marks.
- And up to matric (10th), Punjabi is compulsory.
- The other students who are not from Punjab need to pass out from recognized Board under PSEB/CBSE/ICSE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
Other Punjab GNM Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Candidate should be a resident of Punjab and should produce their resident certificate at the time of counseling venue.
- Instructions about the Resident certificate is available on the University website.
- There is a 5% differently disabled reservation. It shall be as per the provision of Right of Persons with Disability Act, 2016.
- The candidate will have to produce a disability certificate from the competent authority.
- A Committee will be formed consisting of the medical officer authorized by the medical board of state government. There will also be a nursing expert in the panel.
- Only a limited number of candidates will be eligible for counseling.
- Admission will be given on the basis of merit (marks secured by the candidate in 10+2 examination).
- The Reservations of seats for SC/ST, OBC and others will be as per Punjab Government Reservations policy.
Punjab GNM and ANM 2019 Application Form
There are some important things related to the application form. Students have to keep them in mind. Down below is available the important information about the application form-
- On 28th June 2019 Punjab GNM 2019 Application Form got released for (Baba Farid University of Health Science).
- Applicants have to fill the application form in online mode. It will be available on the official website of the university- ( http://bfuhs.ac.in/ )
- Applicants will have to register and create a new Id to get access to the application form.
- For registration, you need to click on the registration tab available on the homepage.
- After that, applicants have to fill the basic details like name, contact number, email ID, etc.
- Applicants have to provide all correct details like email Id and contact number. These details will be used in the future to contact the applicants.
- After successful registration applicants will get the application form.
- Fill the form by entering all the mandatory details.
- Applicants will need to fill in all personal, educational, contact, parents, course-related details in the application form.
- Applicants are advised to read the important instructions carefully. They are mentioned on the official website of the university. Do that before filing the form.
- After filing important details applicants will upload scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Applicants remember that the scanned images of photograph and signature have to be in specified size and format. It will be on the official website.
- Once the form is filled, take a printout of the application form for any future reference.
- Authorities will not allow any correctional facility once the form is filled.
- Applicants need to submit the application form to the university before the last date.
Punjab GNM 2019 Admission Application Fee
After successful registration application fee payment step comes. Down below for the reference of the applicants, all the important information is available-
- The application fee amount will appear on the official website.
- For the general category applicants, the application fees are Rs 500/-.
- Application fee for the applicants belonging to the reserved category is Rs 500/-.
- Applicants can also pay the application fee in offline mode through demand draft.
- Note that the demand draft (DD) should be for of Medical Superintendent, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar or Principal, School of Nursing, C.H. Jalandhar.
- For offline fee submission, you need to submit the application form along with the demand draft. Along with the attested copies of the necessary documents, make it to the School of Nursing, S.B.L.S. Civil Hospital, Jalandhar.
Punjab GNM Merit List
The Merit list of candidates who will qualify for admission, will appear on the website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. It will appear on 30 July, 2019. There are certain things related to merit list. All of that is available below for the students :
- Authorities will prepare a merit list of the qualified candidates, after the completion of application forms.
- Merit list will solely base on the marks secured by the applicants in the intermediate (10+2) exams.
- Applicants whose name are there on the merit list will be eligible to appear for further admission procedure.
- Merit list will be updated on the official website.
- Applicants have to go through the official website of the university and check for the merit list.
- Applicants with their names in the merit list will have to appear for the counseling round.
Tie Breaking Criteria
In case there are two or more candidates will equal marks, then their inter-se merit will come in. It will be determined in accordance with the following criteria :
- If the marks in qualifying examination are the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the matric examination, will get the higher rank.
- If two or more candidates have equal marks in (a) above criteria, then, the candidate senior in age will get the higher rank in the order of merit.
Punjab GNM Counseling for Admission 2019
The counseling phase comes after the merit list releases. So, it is very important. You will get your college after this step. The information related to the counseling is available down below for the candidates:
- Punjab GNM 2019 Counseling will start from 1st August to 2nd August 2019.
- Counseling round will be conducted for the qualified applicants. It is there to provide them with their choice of college.
- Applicants will have to appear counseling round according to the merit list.
- At the time of counseling, applicants have to carry all original and attested copies of the required documents.
- Those documents will be checked for the verification.
- After the completion of the verification process, applicants will get admission in the university.
- After verification process applicants need to pay the counseling fee.
- You will get the details of the counseling fee from the university.
- There is only one way to pay the counseling fee. It is in offline mode only by demand draft.
- Authorities will not accept any other mode for the payment of the counseling fee.
Check- Nursing Entrance Exams
Colleges offering Admission in Punjab GNM Course
For the Punjab 2019 Admissions in the GNM course, the Government has 7 schools of Nursing. Their aim is to improve the health status of people of Punjab. Along with that they want to impart training to girls in General Nursing and Midwifery. Punjab Government, Indian Nursing Council and Punjab Nurses Registration Council have approved all these schools of Nursing.
All the schools are affiliated with Government hospitals located in the reputed areas of the cities. The category wise break-up of seats will be appear at the time / venue of counseling. Down below is available the list of those Institutes.
Name of the Institute
No. of seats available
Amritsar Shaheed Madan Lal Dhingra Memorial Govt. School of Nursing
Bathinda Government G.N.M.Training School
Gurdaspur Government G.N.M. School of Nursing
Jalandhar Government School of Nursing, Shaheed Babu Labh Singh Civil Hospital
Patiala Government School of Nursing Mata Kaushalaya Hospital
Ropar Government Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences
Sangrur Government Nursing Training School
Check- GNM Nursing Merit List 2019
Punjab Nursing 2019 Course Fees
The students qualifying for the Counselling round will have to pay the fees. The annual fees is Rs 35,000. That fees include – Tuition Fee, Clinical Charges, Amalgamated Funds, etc.
The break-up amount of fees category-wise is available down below-
|Admission Fee||Rs. 2,000|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 15,000|
|Clinical Charges||Rs. 500|
|Amalgamated Funds||Rs. 17,500|
|Security Fee ( Refundable)||Rs.5,000|
|Hostel Fee(Per Month)||Rs. 400|
NOTE about the Course Fees
- All the selected candidates will have to deposit full fee on the day of joining. The deposit should be in the shape of Demand Draft favoring Principal of respective institution.
- Failure to deposit the fee on the day of joining will lead to cancellation of your admission. And that seat will be for the next candidate in subsequent counseling.
- All charges are subject to revision by Punjab Government from time to time during the period of course. That means they have the authority to make changes in the fee structure.
- Candidates from Reserved Category will have to provide an Income Certificate from Competent Authority.
- Candidates with parents having annual income less than 2.5 Lacs will be exempted from paying the Annual Course Fee. But these candidates will have to deposit a sum of Rs. 5000/- on the day of joining. This will be for security otherwise their admission will be cancelled.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category with parents income above 2.5 Lacs per annum or who do not bring any Income Certificate will have to pay Rs.40000/-. That is their annual fees and security deposit (35000/- + 5000/-) as course fee. Or else the seat gets allotted to next candidate.
- Students will have to pay for the uniform and books separately.
Check – Gujarat Nursing Admission 2019
We hope that the article helped you with what you were looking for. Please also keep up with the official website. Because any new information will come over there first. You can also check over here, as we update new information over here too.