Punjab GNM 2021: GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery Course. In addition, it is a diploma course. Moreover, this course revolves around nursing and healthcare in general. Applicants are eligible to get admission in General Nursing and Midwifery Course through the admission process. The conducting authority is the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Punjab. They organize and manage the admission procedure every year for the applicants. Applicants who want to participate in the Punjab GNM 2021 admission procedure need to fill and submit the duly filled application form. The form is released in online mode.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In order to get admission to the university, applicants should meet the eligibility criteria. For more information on the admission process, application form, eligibility, and selection criteria read further.
Punjab GNM Result announced. Candidates can click here to check.
Punjab GNM Admission Important Dates
Candidates who get selected are offered seats in the 7 GNM Nursing colleges set up by the Punjab government. The application procedure is carried out in both online and offline mode. However, the form is made available for a limited period of time. Hence, candidates should submit their Punjab GNM Application Form timely. The important event dates of the admission process are further mentioned in the table below.
|Name of the Important events||Dates|
|Application Form Release||– August 2021 –|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||– To be Announced –|
|Release of the Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Commencement of Counseling||– To be Announced –|
Apply For Punjab PPMET Nursing Application Form
Eligibility for Punjab GNM 2021 Course Admission
It is compulsory that each applicant should satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the university officials. Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned points, for checking whether they are eligible for the Punjab GNM Nursing Admission 2021 or not.
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age and a maximum of 35 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.
- There is no age bar for ANM.
- The required minimum education is 10+2 classes passed.
- The authorities give the first preference to Science (PCB) + English students.
- The course requires a minimum aggregate of 40% marks.
- And up to matric (10th), Punjabi is compulsory.
- The other students who are not from Punjab need to pass out from the recognized Board under PSEB/ CBSE/ ICSE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
Other Requirements for Punjab GNM 2021 Admission
- The candidate should be medically fit.
- The candidate should be a resident of Punjab and should produce their resident certificate at the time of the counselling venue.
- Instructions about the Resident certificate are available on the University website.
- There is a 5% differently disabled reservation. It shall be as per the provision of the Right of Persons with Disability Act, 2016.
- The candidate has to produce a disability certificate from a competent authority, if applicable.
- A Committee is formed consisting of the medical officer authorized by the medical board of state government. There is also a nursing expert in the panel.
- Only the merit list students can participate in counselling.
- Admission is given on the basis of merit (marks secured by the candidate in the 10+2 examination).
- The Reservations of seats for SC/ ST, OBC, and others are as per Punjab Government Reservations policy.
Check – WB ANM Application Form
Punjab GNM and ANM 2021 Application Form
Punjab GNM Nursing 2021 Application Form is made available in both online and offline mode. Note that the officials do not accept any application after the due date. Further, make sure that all the information that you mention in the form is correct. If any of the information is found to be false at later stages, then that can be a reason for admission cancellation. Other important details regarding the application form are mentioned down below.
- The Baba Farid University of Health Science (BFUHS) releases the registration form.
- Applicants have to fill the application form in online mode. It is released on the official website of the university- ( www.bfuhs.ac.in )
- Applicants have to register and create a new ID to get access to the application form.
- For registration, you need to click on the registration tab available on the homepage.
- After that, applicants have to fill in the basic details like name, contact number, email ID, etc.
- Applicants have to provide all correct details like email Id and contact number. These details are used in the future to contact the applicants.
- After successful registration applicants get the application form.
- Fill the form by entering all the mandatory details.
- Applicants need to fill in all personal, educational, contact, parents, course-related details in the application form.
- Applicants are advised to read the important instructions carefully. They are mentioned on the official website of the university. Do that before filing the form.
- After filing important details applicants have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Applicants remember that the scanned images of photographs and signatures have to be in a specified size and format. The university further prescribes the specifications for uploading the documents.
- Once the form is filled, take a printout of the application form for any future reference.
- Authorities do not allow any correctional facility once the form is filled.
- Applicants need to submit the application form to the university before the last date.
Check – AIIMS Nursing Result 2021
Punjab GNM 2021 Admission Application Fee
The category-wise Punjab Application Fee is mentioned below. However, it is as per the last years’ records. If the application fee is revised, then it will be updated in the article.
- The application fee for both the reserved category and general category students is INR 500.
- Candidates can make the payment through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
- Applicants can also pay the application fee in offline mode through the demand draft. Note that the demand draft (DD) should be for Medical Superintendent, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar or Principal, School of Nursing, C.H. Jalandhar.
- For offline fee submission, you need to submit the application form along with the demand draft. Along with the attested copies of the necessary documents, make it to the School of Nursing, S.B.L.S. Civil Hospital, Jalandhar.
Punjab GNM Merit List
Punjab GNM Nursing 2021 Merit List is published on the website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. This list indicates the names of candidates selected for further admission processes. It helps the officials in segregating candidates on the basis of merit. Furthermore, this makes the admission process much easier. The other details related to the merit list are given down below.
- Authorities prepare a merit list of the qualified candidates, after the completion of application forms.
- The merit list solely is based on the marks secured by the applicants in the intermediate (10+2) exams.
- Applicants whose names are there on the merit list are eligible to appear for further admission procedures.
- The merit list is published on the official website.
- Applicants have to go through the official website of the university and check for the merit list.
- Applicants with their names on the merit list have to appear for the counseling round.
In case there are two or more candidates with equal marks, then their inter-se merit comes in. It is determined in accordance with the following criteria :
- If the marks in the qualifying examination are the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the matric examination get a higher rank.
- If two or more candidates have equal marks in (a) the above criteria, then, the candidate senior in age get a higher rank in the order of merit.
Check- Odisha GNM/ANM Admission
Punjab GNM Counselling for Admission 2021
The counselling phase comes after the merit list releases. So, it is very important. The seats are allotted to candidates on the basis of this round. The information related to the counselling is available down below for the candidates:
- Punjab GNM Counselling further starts soon after the release of the merit list.
- Counseling round is conducted for qualified applicants. It is there to provide them with their choice of college.
- Applicants have to appear for counselling round according to the merit list.
- At the time of counselling, applicants have to carry all original and attested copies of the required documents.
- Those documents are checked for verification.
- After the completion of the verification process, applicants get admission to the university.
- After the verification process applicants need to pay the counselling fee.
- You get the details of the counselling fee from the university.
- Students have to pay the counselling fee offilne.
- Authorities do not accept any other mode for the payment of the counselling fee.
Check – Nursing Entrance Exams
Colleges offering Admission in Punjab GNM Course
For the Punjab 2021 GNM Nursing Admissions in the GNM course, the Government has 7 schools of Nursing. Their aim is to improve the health status of the people of Punjab. Along with that, they want to impart training to girls in General Nursing and Midwifery. Punjab Government, Indian Nursing Council, and Punjab Nurses Registration Council have approved all these schools of Nursing.
All the schools are affiliated with Government hospitals located in the reputed areas of the cities. The category-wise break-up of seats is provided at the time/ venue of counselling. Furthermore, we have listed the institutions along with the number of seats available in them.
Name of the Institute
No. of seats available
Amritsar Shaheed Madan Lal Dhingra Memorial Govt. School of Nursing
Bathinda Government G.N.M.Training School
Gurdaspur Government G.N.M. School of Nursing
Jalandhar Government School of Nursing, Shaheed Babu Labh Singh Civil Hospital
Patiala Government School of Nursing Mata Kaushalaya Hospital
Ropar Government Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences
Sangrur Government Nursing Training School
Check – GNM Nursing Merit List 2021
Punjab Nursing 2021 Course Fees
The students qualifying for the Counselling round have to pay the fees. Moreover, the annual fees are Rs 35,000. Further, these fees include – Tuition Fees, Clinical Charges, Amalgamated Funds, etc. Note that you need to pay the fee on time. Moreover, the candidates who are unable to submit their fees on time may lose out their seats to other deserving candidates.
The break-up amount of fees category-wise is available down below-
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 2,000|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 15,000|
|Clinical Charges||Rs. 500|
|Amalgamated Funds||Rs. 17,500|
|Security Fee ( Refundable)||Rs.5,000|
|Hostel Fee(Per Month)||Rs. 400|
Check – Gujarat Nursing Merit List
NOTE about the Course Fees
- All the selected candidates have to deposit the full fee on the day of joining. The deposit should be in the shape of a Demand Draft favouring the Principal of the respective institution.
- Failure to deposit the fee on the day of joining leads to the cancellation of your admission. And that seat is for the next candidate in subsequent counseling.
- All charges are subject to revision by Punjab Government from time to time during the period of course. That means they have the authority to make changes in the fee structure.
- Moreover, candidates from Reserved Category have to provide an Income Certificate from the Competent Authority.
- Candidates with parents having an annual income of less than 2.5 Lacs are exempted from paying the Annual Course Fee. But these candidates have to deposit a sum of Rs. 5000/- on the day of joining. This is for security otherwise their admission can be cancelled.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category with parents income above 2.5 Lacs per annum or who do not bring any Income Certificate have to pay Rs.40,000/-. That is their annual fees and security deposit (35000/- + 5000/-) as course fees. In addition, the candidate should pay the fee on time, else the seat is allotted to other deserving candidates.
- Furthermore, students have to pay for the uniform and books separately.