GNM Counselling 2021: Counselling is the admission round, which is conducted for document verification and seat allotment. The Format of the Counselling varies from college to college. The round of counselling either takes place online otherwise offline. In this article, you can get all the information about the counselling process. There are around two to three rounds of counselling along with a Mop-Up Round, depending upon the vacancy of the seats. In the GNM Nursing 2021 Counselling Round, only those candidates are allowed to participate whose names are there on the merit list. Moreover, the candidates have to carry certain documents along as well for the GNM Counselling 2021. Therefore, read the article further to know more about the counselling process.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Complete Details of GNM Counselling 2021
The counselling round begins after the release of the merit list. As only the merit list students are eligible for the round of counselling. Further, candidates whose name is on the verification list have to be physically present at the Verification Centre. Thus, the selected applicants have to bring the following documents (self-attested) to the centre.
- The Verification Letter or Interview Letter
- All Educational Qualifications and Date of Birth Documents
- Medically Fit Certificate
- Residential Certificate
List of WB GNM/ ANM 2021 Nursing Verification Centers
The list of verification centres for WB Nursing Counselling 2021 is given below. Candidates have to appear at these centres for GNM/ ANM Counselling. In addition, candidates should appear at the verification centres along with the required set of documents. A candidate should have both the original and copies of the required documents for the verification process.
GNM Nursing Verification Letter 2021 – Download Here
Most of the counselling conducting bodies release the verification letter in online mode. Thus, the students are able to download it from the respective Official Websites. Thus, one can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the letter. Moreover, candidates should also check all the details mentioned on it carefully. In case, there is any discrepancy or misprint, then immediately report it to the authorities.
How to Download the GNM/ ANM Nursing Verification Letter 2021?
The Step by Step Process to download the Nursing 2021 Verification Letter is as follows-
- Visit the official websites. Moreover, the link to download the verification letter is available here as well.
- Enter your User ID, Password, and Captcha Code
- Click on the submit button
- The details are displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout and submit the letter along with the documents that are listed in the notification.
The Notification has to be submitted to the respective address details mentioned in the WB Nursing Notification 2021.
Download: WB GNM/ANM Verification Letter
Candidates selected for the WB GNM and ANM Nursing Verification
Candidates can check out the below-given links to check out the WB Previous Years’ List of Students who were eligible to download the Verification Letter. A list is released in a similar format for indicating the names of students eligible for counselling round.
- Verification for ANM (R) 2020
- Merit List for Verification GNM (Female)
- Verification Merit List for GNM (Male)
- Merit List for Verification for ANM (Female)
How to Check Your Name in the WB GNM/ ANM 2021 Verification List?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to check whether they have made it to the verification list or not. These steps shall help in finding the name on the list easily.
- After downloading the list, press Ctrl+F and write your name
- After mentioning your name, click on the enter
- If your name is on the list, then it is highlighted on the page.
List of Details available in the Nursing Verification List
The details that are available on the verification list are as follows-
- Application Form Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Caste/ Category
- Combined Rank
- Caste/ Category Rank
- CD Rank
- Orphan Rank
- PWD Rank
Check – UAPMT 2021
General Nursing & Midwifery Counselling
The GNM Nursing Counselling is mainly the last stage of the admission process for General Nursing and Midwifery. Candidates who have appeared in the GNM Nursing Exam or have been shortlisted on the Merit List of GNM Nursing shall be able to check their selection in the counselling round. The mode of counselling varies as per the College/ University Format. On the basis of the applicant’s marks, candidates have to appear for counselling. Hence, it is very much necessary to score the minimum qualifying marks.
WB GNM Counselling 2021 Selection Process
The Counselling mainly comprises of the Document Verification and Medical Check-Up. The list of the documents required at the time of admission is available in the section below. However, in the medical checkup, the applicants have to submit a medical proforma. Candidates can download the WB GNM Medical Proforma here. It is one of the previous years’ proforma. Also, note that the seat is allotted to only the students who pass the counselling round successfully.
Nursing Medical Check Up 2021- Details
The GNM/ ANM Medical Proforma has to be submitted at the document verification. Note that if it is not presented at that time, then the GNM Selection Board may cancel the candidature. Thus, the applicants have to submit the following details on the medical proforma.
- History of Illness
- Physical Examination
Under Physical Examination, candidates must do the following tests, and mention the following information.
- Physical Built
- Posture and Gait
- Skin Condition and Mucous Membrane
- Teeth and Gum
- Mental Alertness
- Blood Pressure
- Pulse and Respiration
- Urine Test for Albumin and Sugar
- Blood Test for TC, DC, ESR, and Hb%
- Vision Test – Right and Left Eye
- Lung (X-Ray Chest)
- Abdomen (Liver and Spleen)
- Menstrual History
Lastly, the candidate has to mention the details in the self-declaration section. The Verification and the Medical Check-up round details are published on the Official Website.
Check – Indian Army Bsc Nursing 2021
GNM Merit List 2021 – Minimum Qualifying Marks
The GNM Nursing Merit List decides the selection of the candidates for the counselling round. On the basis of the minimum qualifying marks, you are given rank on the merit list. To check the details of the Merit List, you can Click Here. The Merit List is available online on the official website of the College/ Institute. The Merit List is released in two different ways- Overall Merit List- which includes all the category candidates and the other is Category-Wise Merit List which includes only that particular category merit list.
The procedure of Offline GNM Counselling 2021
As we have already mentioned earlier, the GNM Nursing Counselling 2021 either takes place online or offline. The process of counseling depends on the University, which conducts the exam. In the offline counselling round, candidates have to appear in person in the Institute with all the required documents.
The Counselling Procedure for Offline GNM Counselling 2021 is as follows-
- In the Offline GNM Counselling Round, candidates have to visit the allotted center on the mentioned date and time.
- The offline procedure starts from a Counselling Form, which you have to fill on the spot.
- Candidates must bring all the documents that have been mentioned. You have to bring both the original and a photocopy.
- The Applicants have to submit a certain counseling amount at the time of the counselling process.
- In the Counselling Process, your documents are checked and verified properly.
- Hence, if all your documents are correct, then you are eligible for the further admission process.
Check – JENPAUH 2021
The Procedure of Online GNM Counselling 2021
In the Online Counselling Process of General Nursing and Midwifery, candidates have to visit the official website of the College/ Institute that conducts the GNM Entrance Exam. So the step by step process of Online GNM Counselling 2021 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of the College/ Institute where you have applied.
- Now, on the Homepage Section, click on the Counselling Link.
- After that, you are redirected to a new page.
- If you are a new register, then click on the “New Register” link option
- Enter your basic details- such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- After successful registration, you shall receive a Registration ID and Password
- Now login using the credentials, enter your choice of course subject and college you want to apply to.
- Lock Your Choices and submit your form.
Later, you are allotted a date and time to the center. You have to carry the documents along with you. Soon after the document verification, you are allotted a seat with your chosen course subject in the GNM 2021 Training Institutes available.
GNM Counselling 2021 Procedure (In Details)
The candidates participating in the counselling round should be well aware of the complete procedure. There are a few stages of the counselling round. Hence, a candidate has to go through each of the stages for getting a seat in the desired GNM Colleges. Further, each of the counselling stages are explained below in detail.
Visit the Official Website of the respective state GNM or the Institute/ College you want to apply to. Now click on the counselling link. This link for the registration process. So, if you are a new user, click on the “New Registration” link and enter the required details such as the Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and other details. When the registration is successful, you receive a Registration ID and Password. These are the login credentials for the future.
Choice Filling and Locking
Once, you are done with the registration process, log in using the credentials that you have received at the time of registration. In the Choice Filling and Locking Process, you shall get a list of all the colleges and institutes that are under GNM Nursing 2021. Select the colleges and courses as per your choices and preferences. You can select the list of the colleges as per the priority. Once you lock the choices, this states that you have confirmed your choice. Once the choices are locked, you cannot modify them again. So, make the choices of the colleges wisely.
Make the Payment of the Counselling Form
After making the choices of the colleges and institutes, proceed to make the payment. The counselling fees are non-refundable and are applicable to all the categories. The mode of payment is online through Internet Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
Confirming the GNM Counselling
After making the payment of the application form, now click on the submit option to finish the GNM Nursing Counselling 2021 Form. Download and take the printout of the counselling form for future reference.
List of the Documents Required for GNM Counselling 2021
You need to carry the following documents along with you at the time of counselling/ document verification.
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth
- 10+2 Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
To Check GNM Syllabus, Click Here
Tie-Breaking Criteria in GNM Counselling 2021
If two or a number of candidates have the same number of marks, then the tie-breaking criteria will be applied. The Tie-Breaking Criteria comprises of the following-
- Applicants with higher marks in Biology get a Higher Rank.
- If the tie still exists, then the candidate with less number of wrong answers shall get a higher rank.
- Even after that, the tie still exists, then the candidate older in age is placed higher in the rank list.
- If the tie still persists, then the applicant with more marks in aggregate receives a Higher Rank.
Who will be eligible for GNM Counselling 2021?
Not every candidate is eligible to appear in the counselling round. The eligibility criteria for the GNM Nursing Counselling Round is as follows-
- Candidates who have scored the minimum qualifying marks.
- The Applicant has been shortlisted on the GNM Merit List 2021.
To Check GNM Nursing Question Paper, Click Here
Types of GNM 2021 Counselling Rounds
The General Nursing and Midwifery Counselling takes place in three-rounds including an Open Round. In the First Round of Counselling, the top rankers are eligible to participate. After the completion of the allotment of the seats, the second round of counseling starts. If in case, a candidate has not been allotted a seat in the first round, then he/ she can appear in the Second Round of GNM Counselling 2021.
Later, the same process goes for the Third Round of Counselling as well. If after all the counseling process, the seats remain vacant, then an Open Round Counselling takes place. In this process, candidates who did not get a seat in the previous counselling rounds shall be eligible to participate. Hence, the counselling round procedure takes place as per the schedule of the College/ Institute which conducts the GNM Entrance Exam.