Tamil Nadu GNM Counselling 2021: The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu release the TN GNM Counselling Schedule PDF. GNM Nursing is a 3.5-year diploma level course. The course in General Nursing and Midwifery trains the nurses in taking special care of patients and maternity cases. The admission to TN Nursing Course is through the official body of Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council. This is the only regulating body that conducts the Tamil Nadu GNM Admission. Therefore, aspiring candidates need to regularly visit the official website for updates and notifications. This article further gives a detailed overview of Tamil Nadu GNM Counselling 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Tamil Nadu GNM Counselling 2021
The process of counselling is usually the final process of admission into the General Nursing and Midwifery Course. The candidates whose names appear in the Tamil Nadu GNM Merit List 2021 shall be eligible for the counselling round. Tamil Nadu GNM Counselling is undertaken by the Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt. of Tamil Nadu. This admission round is further conducted in OFFLINE. Therefore, it is compulsory for the candidates to be physically present at the counselling venue with the original documents.
|Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Counseling Dates||– To be Announced –|
|First Round of Seat Allocation||– To be Announced –|
|Second Round of Seat Allocation||– To be Announced –|
|Third Round of Seat Allocation||– To be Announced –|
|Commencement of Classes||– To be Announced –|
TN Nursing Counselling Process
The candidates have to check their names on the merit list. As only merit students are eligible for the round of TN GNM Counselling. And the eligible candidates are intimidated through a call letter. The GNM Nursing Counselling is based on the merit list. On the basis of applicant’s marks, their names appear in the merit list. Therefore, it is very important to secure good percentage marks in the qualifying examination. Only then a candidate shall be eligible for the counselling process. The counselling mainly comprises document verification and medical check-up.
Check Previous Year Official Notification –
The Procedure of Offline TN GNM Counselling 2021
The GNM Nursing Counselling 2021 is conducted in small groups. Wherein, each group would have a particular date and time-slot for the counselling. Therefore, the candidates should check the dates and present themselves with all the documents at the venue. In the offline counselling round, candidates have to appear in person in the Institute with all the required documents. Therefore, candidates should prepare all the documents well in advance. In addition, they must be careful about reaching the venue well before the scheduled time. Candidates must especially note the following points before going for the counselling round
- In the Offline GNM Counselling Round, candidates have to visit the allotted centre on the scheduled date and time.
- The offline procedure starts from a Counselling Form, which the candidates have to fill on the spot.
- Candidates must bring all the documents that have been mentioned in the official notification. You have to bring a set of both original and photocopy.
- Applicants have to submit a certain counselling amount at the time of the counselling process.
- In the Counselling Process, your documents are checked and verified properly.
- Hence, if all your documents are correct, then you are eligible for the further admission process.
The List of Documents Required for Tamil Nadu GNM Counselling
You need to carry the following documents along with you at the time of counselling/ document verification. A set of photocopies, as well as the original format, should be present to the candidate.
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth
- 10+2 Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
Important Points for TN GNM Nursing Counselling
Candidates eligible for the TN GNM Course Counselling should carefully read the notification published on the official website. They should keep a regular check of the official website for authentic information. However, here are a few most important points to keep in mind for counselling.
- Candidates should be present one hour prior to the commencement of counselling along with one of their parents.
- Individual intimations are being dispatched to the candidates.
- Even if they do not receive the intimation letter they can attend the counselling as per their counselling schedule.
- All candidates attending the counselling for Diploma in Nursing Courses have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.200/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favor of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Payable at Chennai as processing fee, failing which they shall not be allowed to attend the counselling.
- The candidates should bring all original Certificates failing which they cannot attend the counselling and shall not be considered for allotment. Candidates who are already studying in an institution have to produce the Bonafide Certificate from the Head of the Institution.
- The allotment is subject to the availability of seats.
Download Previous Years’ Allotment Lists
- TN GNM Third List of Allotted Candidates
- List of Vacant Seats (after 3rd Allotment List)
- TN GNM Second Admission List
- List of Vacant Seats (after Second Round of counselling)
- Addition of Name in the Merit List
- counselling Schedule for IRT Ward Candidates
- List of the Wards of IRT Candidates (called for counselling on 19.10.2019)
- First Allotted List for Diploma in Nursing Course pdf
- List of Vacant Seats (after First Round of Seat Allotment)
- Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission Call Letter
- Tamil Nadu GNM counselling Schedule 2019 pdf
Tie-Breaking Criteria in GNM Counselling 2021
If two or a number of candidates have the same number of marks, then the tie-breaking criteria is applied. The Tamil Nadu GNM Tie-Breaking Criteria comprises of the following-
- Applicants with higher marks in Biology get a Higher Rank.
- If the tie still exists, then the candidate with less number of wrong answers gets a higher rank.
- Even after that, the tie still exists, then the candidate older in age gets a Higher Rank.
- If the tie still persists, then the applicant with more marks in aggregate receives a Higher Rank.
List of Recognized Schools of Nursing for GNM Course
The Tamil Nadu Nurses and Wives Council recognizes Colleges for GNM Nursing 2021. These colleges have the authority to carry out the process of counselling. They are recognized by the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu, for carrying out the Nursing Diploma Course for the current academic year.
Check – List of Tamil Nadu GNM Colleges
Types of GNM Nursing 2021 Counselling Rounds
The General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Counselling take place in three-round including an Open Round. In the First Round of Counselling, the top rankers shall be eligible to participate. After the completion of the allotment of the seats, the second round of counselling starts. If in case, a candidate has not been allotted a seat in the first round, then he/ she can appear in the Second Round of GNM Counselling 2021.
Later, the same process goes for the Third Round of Counselling as well. If after all the counselling process, the seats remain vacant, then an Open Round Counselling, also called as Mop-Up Round Counselling takes place. In this process, candidates who did not get a seat in the previous counselling rounds shall be eligible to participate. This is the final round after which no more students get admission.
Hence, the counselling round procedure takes place as per the schedule of the College/ Institute which conducts the GNM Entrance Exam.