Preparation Tips For JEE Main 2020: JEE Main is yet to see the dawn and it will be prudent to consider this as a precious opportunity to dive deep into the world of concepts and facts pertaining to your most passionate field of science, engineering, and mathematics. Give your nerdy neural structures a tingle and get ready to flex those brain muscles because we are going to give you the most valuable tips and techniques for the preparation of JEE Main 2020. Since NTA has taken over the jee mains, candidates can expect according to changes in the exam difficulty and paper pattern. That said, the JEE Main 2020 preparation has to be planned accordingly.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
Now there is too less of time and too much of information to carry. But once the student is thoroughly acquainted with the syllabus, things will start to get visible and intuitive to pursue. Students must take a day or two and acquaint themselves with the syllabus extensively and rigorously.
The JEE Main examination will be divided into two papers, i.e. Paper I and Paper II. Paper I contains 90 questions from three subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There would be 30 questions from each subject which makes a total of 90 questions.
Syllabus For JEE Main 2020 Preparation
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations, and Functions|
Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
Matrices and Determinants
Permutations and Combinations
Binomial Theorem and Its Application
Sequences and Series
Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
Three Dimensional Geometry
Vector Algebra Statistics and Probability Trigonometry
Physics and Measurement
Basic Concepts of Chemistry States of Matter Atomic Structure Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure Chemical Thermodynamics Solution Equilibrium Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry Chemical Kinetics
How To Prepare For JEE Main 2020?
Now that students are well acquainted with the syllabus for JEE Main 2020, they should spend another day in analyzing each topic and weigh in the areas where they need more attention and those in which less would suffice. In analyzing each topic, students must skim subtopics and parts of each main heading. This would help them judge their position so that they can know the amount of effort needed in each topic to sufficiently understand the concept to an appreciable degree. Remember, it is important to think about paper. Students must always keep a pen and paper ready so that they can write down their plans.
Create an Organised Plan Structure
Hitherto, candidates have become familiar with the whole syllabus and the amount of effort needed in each topic. It is now time for the students to come up with a structured plan for their further preparation.
- It is important to give time for each subject individually, every single day, whilst keeping in mind where they stand in each of the subjects.
- Candidates must be able to bend their minds in such a way so as to be able to resume their work from where they left off.
- If a student feels like the topics are overwhelming, then it is important for them to brush their basics.
- For example, if a student feels like his mathematical concepts are choppy then they must resurface themselves to the level they are comfortable in and work their way up.
JEE Main Subject Wise Marks Distribution
It holds true as Thomas Edison said, ‘’There is no substitute for hard work”. But it is equally important to work smart. Hard work would be a waste if it is not directed towards an actual tangible goal. In this case, JEE Main 2020 is the goal and work should be done in accordance only. Here is an analysis of the previous year exam pattern and topic wise weight age: Check JEE Main weightage
|Vector/ 3-D Geometry||10%|
|Sets, Relation, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics||13%|
|Electrostatics and Current Electricity||17%|
|Magnetics and Electromagnetic Induction||13%|
|Semi-Conductor Devices, Electromagnetic Waves, and Principles of Communication||13%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||7%|
|Simple Harmonic Motion, Waves, and Elasticity||7%|
|Optics and Waves||3%|
JEE Main Recommended Books For Preparation
There are various trending practice books a student can follow. It will help them in preparing for the exam in a good manner.
Reference Books for JEE Main
|Mathematics||NCERT Books for class X, XI, and XII;|
Trigonometry by S. L. Loney;
Higher Algebra by Hall % Knight;
Integral Calculus and Differential Calculus by Amit Agarwal
|Physics||Problems in General Physics by I E Irodov;|
Concepts of Physics by H C Verma;
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd;|
Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee;
Numerical Chemistry by P Bahadur;
Additional Tips for JEE Main Preparation 2020
- Finally, don’t forget to do jee main sample question papers and mock test which are available both online and offline modes.
- Review after solving every mock test and sample question papers, and analyze the areas that need to be revised as well as the areas which remain to be covered.
- Understand the time limitations during the exam and don’t waste too much time on a single question.
- In case you are not remembering any particular answer, don’t dwell on it as it will come to you eventually.
- You will move on to the next question immediately. Remember, momentum begat momentum.
- One cannot win their way by procrastinating. Work hard and make it fun. Take frequent breaks but don’t let the momentum break.