Preparation Tips For JEE Main 2020: The April Session JEE main 2020 exam has been postponed. Give your nerdy neural structures a tingle and get ready to flex those brain muscles because we are going to give you the most valuable tips and techniques for the preparation of JEE Main 2020 for the April session. Since the January session is over, candidates are now focusing on increasing the overall percentile through April Session. This is the last chance for the students to score better and increase the JEE Main 2020 ranking. NTA has taken over the jee mains, candidates had already seen the changes in the JEE Main paper pattern and the difficulty level of the exam in the January session. Thus, the JEE Main 2020 April preparation has to be planned accordingly.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
How to Increase the Percentile In JEE Main 2020 April Session?
Taking the January session in mind, candidates must look at the April session preparation tips. Since only two moths are left for the JEE Main April, a panic situation is normal among the students. Curiosity level, anxiety, problems in recalling are some of the things which students face as the exam approaches nearer. Tips here are given as per the exam analysis of the JEE Main 2020 January session.
So as per January session, the latest point of concern lies on:
- Integer type questions which were not hard by lengthy.
- Overall last topics in the syllabus had fewer questions in the exam. It means the distribution of the questions was less. But in April session we can assume that coverage will be more.
Topics to cover for the JEE Main April Session
- Mathematics: Co-ordinate geometry, Vector, and 3D, Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry. Sequence and series, Straight lines and Circles, Determinants, Definite Integrals, Application of Derivatives, Statistics, and reasoning.
If you are weak in 11th then focus on Vector, 3D, and Calculus. And if you are weak in 12th then focus on coordinate geometry
- Physics: Gravitation, SHM, Waves, Mechanics, Heat & Thermodynamic, Electrostatic & Magnetism, Current Electricity & EMI, Optics & Modern Physics.
- Chemistry: Chemical Bonding, p blocks, Equilibrium. GOC, Thermodynamics, Coordinate compounds.
Subject-Wise Strategy For JEE Main 2020 April Session
Candidates who had appeared in the January session were of the view that the chemistry section was easy. But then also many students made mistakes because the questions were tricky. Candidates can score 80+ in one month preparation
- Read the NCERT as many times (3 to 4 times). The NCERT book is concise.
- Try to add NCERT notes in your school or coaching notes while studying the topics.
- Follow the NCERT with one objective book. This is because reading alone will not help you. Read and then solve the questions.
- Solve Previous Years JEE Main Questions (2018-2020)
- Try to have personal notes especially in organic and inorganic sections. Keep on revising these topics again and again.
- This is highly predictable because similar types of questions are asked in different formats.
- Try to learn how to answer the question by substituting or eliminating the values.
- Solve previous years’ questions with a focus on 2018-2020. Learn the method of substitution.
- Solve any objective book for the priority topics (Like 11th or 12th)
In January session everyone was of the view that Physics was the most difficult section in all the days of the exam. For the past 4 to 5 years, the Physics difficulty level has been increased. This is the section where the majority of the students lose their marks.
- Strategize the topics. It is very important in Physics to choose the topics and have a focus on it.
- Try not to over attempt it and first of all focus on easy topics before moving ahead on hard topics. (Don’t do guesswork because the moment you start guessing means more negative marks).
- Download previous years question paper and solve it. This is because many times booklets do not cover the years.
Note: Do not afford to have a single mark mistake because it will have a great impact on the overall score and ranking.
Helpful Tips For Preparation Of The JEE Main April 2020
- Be disciplined and focus on what you are studying. Many times you get distracted and lose your path. Now by attending the January session, you know your level, so be focused and don’t let yourself be caught in the unwanted web.
- Be consistent in your study
- Study 1 subject in a day with focus. But if you want to do 2 subjects a day, then go ahead. But don’t do more than 2 subjects.
- Attempt more tests. The test is the window which actually indicates your strong and weak points. So work accordingly.
- Always value the time and complete the work as per your routine set up.
- Believe in yourself that this is just the beginning of the journey. Don’t think about what has already happened. Create the future which you have dreamt of.
- If you have done good in the January exam, focus on JEE Advanced and if you have not done well then completely focus on JEE Main. No matter what happens, you have to do it for yourself.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
Now there is too little time and too much information to carry. But once the student is thoroughly acquainted with the syllabus, things will start to get visible and intuitive to pursue. Students must take a day or two and acquaint themselves with the syllabus extensively and rigorously.
The JEE Main examination will be divided into two papers, i.e. Paper I and Paper II. Paper I contains 75 questions from three subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There would be 25 questions from each subject which makes a total of 75 questions.
Syllabus For JEE Main 2020 Preparation
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations, and Functions|
Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
Matrices and Determinants
Permutations and Combinations
Binomial Theorem and Its Application
Sequences and Series
Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
Three Dimensional Geometry
Vector Algebra Statistics and Probability Trigonometry
Physics and Measurement
Basic Concepts of Chemistry States of Matter Atomic Structure Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure Chemical Thermodynamics Solution Equilibrium Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry Chemical Kinetics
How To Prepare For JEE Main 2020?
Now that students are well acquainted with the syllabus for JEE Main 2020, they should spend another day in analyzing each topic and weigh in the areas where they need more attention and those in which less would suffice. In analyzing each topic, students must skim subtopics and parts of each main heading. This would help them judge their position so that they can know the amount of effort needed in each topic to sufficiently understand the concept to an appreciable degree. Remember, it is important to think about paper. Students must always keep a pen and paper ready so that they can write down their plans.
Create an Organised Plan Structure
Hitherto, candidates have become familiar with the whole syllabus and the amount of effort needed in each topic. It is now time for the students to come up with a structured plan for their further preparation.
- It is important to give time for each subject individually, every single day, whilst keeping in mind where they stand in each of the subjects.
- Candidates must be able to bend their minds in such a way so as to be able to resume their work from where they left off.
- If a student feels like the topics are overwhelming, then it is important for them to brush their basics.
- For example, if a student feels like his mathematical concepts are choppy then they must resurface themselves to the level they are comfortable in and work their way up.
JEE Main Subject Wise Marks Distribution
It holds true as Thomas Edison said, ‘’There is no substitute for hard work”. But it is equally important to work smart. Hard work would be a waste if it is not directed towards an actual tangible goal. In this case, JEE Main 2020 is the goal and work should be done in accordance only. Here is an analysis of the previous year exam pattern and topic wise weight age: Check JEE Main weightage
|Vector/ 3-D Geometry||10%|
|Sets, Relation, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics||13%|
|Electrostatics and Current Electricity||17%|
|Magnetics and Electromagnetic Induction||13%|
|Semi-Conductor Devices, Electromagnetic Waves, and Principles of Communication||13%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||7%|
|Simple Harmonic Motion, Waves, and Elasticity||7%|
|Optics and Waves||3%|
JEE Main Recommended Books For Preparation
There are various trending practice books a student can follow. It will help them in preparing for the exam in a good manner.
Reference Books for JEE Main
|Mathematics||NCERT Books for Class X, XI, and XII;|
Trigonometry by S. L. Loney;
Higher Algebra by Hall % Knight;
Integral Calculus and Differential Calculus by Amit Agarwal
|Physics||Problems in General Physics by I E Irodov;|
Concepts of Physics by H C Verma;
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd;|
Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee;
Numerical Chemistry by P Bahadur;
Additional Tips for JEE Main Preparation 2020
- Finally, don’t forget to do jee main sample question papers and mock tests, which are available both online and offline modes.
- Review after solving every mock test and sample question papers, and analyze the areas that need to be revised as well as the areas which remain to be covered.
- Understand the time limitations during the exam and don’t waste too much time on a single question.
- In case you are not remembering any particular answer, don’t dwell on it as it will come to you eventually.
- You will move on to the next question immediately. Remember, momentum begat momentum.
- One cannot win their way by procrastinating. Work hard and make it fun. Take frequent breaks but don’t let the momentum break.