Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2021: Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Mumbai conducts the rounds of counselling. This round takes place in accordance with the merit list. Candidates, who are interested and eligible, have to register themselves from the official website of Maharashtra MBBS 2021 Admissions. The counselling process includes Online Registration, Choice Filling, Allotment List & Document Verification. Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2021 goes upto two rounds. However, if the seats are left vacant then a mop-up round is conducted. Candidates participating in the counselling rounds can go through this article for more details on the procedure following which seats are allotted.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2021
Candidates are called for this admission round as per their merit ranks. Hence, candidates of higher ranks can easily get a seat in the desired MBBS/ BDS institute of Maharashtra state. Furthermore, the DMER, Maharashtra carries out Maharashtra NEET Counselling as per a schedule. Candidates should thus be well acquainted with all the important event dates.
|Publication of Seat Matrix||– To be Announced –|
|Online Registration and Payment of Registration Fees Through Online Payment Gateway for MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BPTh/ BOTh/ BASLP/ BP&O/ B.Sc (Nursing)||– To be Announced –|
|Online Preference (Choices) Filling Process for MBBS / BDS course||– To be Announced –|
|Publication of Provisional Merit List for the MBBS / BDS course||– To be Announced –|
|Declaration of selection list of 1st Round for MBBS / BDS course||– To be Announced –|
|Last date of joining to the selected college during 1st round for the MBBS / BDS||– To be Announced –|
Check – Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2021
How to Participate in Maharashtra MBBS/ BDS Counselling 2021?
Candidates whose names are mentioned in the Maharashtra MBBS Merit List can participate in the counselling process. To participate in the counseling process, candidates have to register themselves and give their college preferences. Apart from that, the candidate’s NEET Score/ Rank is a huge deciding factor for the Maharashtra MBBS 2021 Admissions. Eligible candidates then have to get their documents verified. Once the seat allotment results are out, candidates shall have a specific time frame to confirm their admissions by physically reporting to the allotted college.
Given below is a detailed procedure for participation in Maharashtra MBBS Counselling. The complete details are further published on the Official Website, i.e www.dmer.org
Register and Login
- Candidates have to get registered from the official website of DMER Mumbai.
- Registration involves filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images are provided later.
Check the Merit List
- Once the candidates are registered, DMER Mumbai releases the Maharashtra MBBS 2021 Merit List.
- This Merit List takes place on the basis of Maharashtra MBBS Seat Allotment.
Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking can be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates shall be able to choose as many colleges as they wish.
- Candidates have to download the Maharashtra MBBS Counselling Call letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents.
- The seats are allotted on the basis of their NEET Score/ Rank and seat and Merit List. Top candidates are preferred over the lower-rank candidates.
- Candidates have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
Seat Reservation in Maharashtra MBBS Counselling
Although the seats are allotted solely on the basis of the NEET Score/ Rank and Maharashtra MBBS Merit List, candidates with reservations and quotas are left some seats. The following table showcases the distribution of seats among categories.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Scheduled caste and Schedule tribe converts to Buddhism||19.5%|
|Other Backward Class||28.5%|
|Women Candidates (for all categories)||60%|
|PWD (for all categories)||10%|
Maharashtra MBBS 2021 Counselling – Document Verification
Candidates have to get their documents verified for various reasons. Mostly, it is for the verification of identity. After the registration process, the document verification procedure begins. Given below is the list of documents that candidates have to show to the authorities for the verification process.
- Domicile certificate of Maharashtra
- NEET 2021 Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Maharashtra MBBS BDS Admissions
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form of Maharashtra MBBS BDS 2021 Admissions.
DMER MBBS Merit List
Maharashtra MBBS/ BDS Rank List indicates the names of candidates eligible for the round of counselling. The candidates are further ranked in order of merit as per their NEET Score. Candidates are called for counseling as per the merit rank only. The rank list is further published on the official website in pdf format. In addition, candidates should look for their names on the list carefully, as there could be two students of the same name. The rank list is prepared in a fair manner as if two students score equal marks, then the tie-breaking criteria is considered.