Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) Maharashtra will be conducting the annual counseling of students for MBBS and BDS programmes across various governmental and privatized colleges/institutes/universities located in the state of Maharashtra. Maharashtra MBBS admission counseling will be held for the academic session of 2019-20. Candidates who will be appearing in NEET 2019 will be able to register themselves for the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admissions 2019. To participate in the whole admission drive, candidates can submit their respective applications from 2nd week of June 2019. Candidates will be called in for the counseling procedure by DMER on the basis of NEET 2019 performance and merit list.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will be able to read all about the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admissions for the academic session of 2019-20. It will include Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Registration Procedure, Merit List, and Counseling and Seat Allotment.
Maharashtra MBBS Admissions 2019
- Maharashtra MBBS Admissions will be taken care of Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MBBS and BDS admissions in Maharashtra government and private college will be done on the basis of NEET score secured by candidates.
- There will be around 7500 seats offered for both MBBS and BDS programmes in around 70 government and private colleges/institutes/universities.
- Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) will be conducting the admission recruitment for about 85% of total applicants. The rest 15% will be taking care by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
Maharashtra MBBS/BDS 2019 Dates
Admission process for MBBS and BDS programmes in various government and private colleges/institutions will begin from the second week of June 2019. Interested candidates are advised to stay updated with the complete admission schedule of Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admissions 2019.
|1||Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission Online Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Registration Deadline||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Merit List for Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Admission||4th week of June 2019|
|4||Document verification||4th week of June 2019|
|5||Online Choice Filling||4th week of June 2019|
|6||First Round of Counseling||1st week of July 2019|
|7||First Seat Allotment List||1st week of July 2019|
|8||Online Choice Filling for second Counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|9||Second Round of Counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|10||Mop up Round||4th week of July 2019|
Given above are tentative dates for the 2019 session. The exact dates and schedule will be announced and updated eventually.
Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in pursuing their graduation in the field of medicine at one of the campuses offered through the Maharashtra MBBS Counseling must possess certain qualities and qualifications. The following are the guidelines set forth by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER). Candidates must clear these guidelines in order to be eligible to pursue medical admission in Maharashtra.
- Nationality – Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
- Domicile Factor – Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Maharashtra, i.e. students with either roots in Maharashtra, who have spent considerable amount of years in Maharashtra and has done the schooling from Maharashtra will be considered eligible.
- Age Factor – The minimum age required to apply for Maharashtra MBBS/BDS 2019 admissions is 17th The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
- Qualifying Examination – Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Maharashtra.
- Qualifying Subjects – Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission. Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
- Qualifying Marks/Percentage – Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There will be relaxation of 5 marks for physically handicapped students, and a relaxation of 10 marks will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories. The qualifying marks from NEET 2019 will be announced and updated eventually. For previous session, candidates were required to score a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET exam.
Domicile Criteria – To be eligible as a domicile of Maharashtra, a person must have stayed in the state of Maharashtra for a minimum of 15 years. There are few exceptions which will allow candidates to take part in Maharashtra MBBS/BDS admission 2019-20. Candidates who are dependent of employees of Government of Maharashtra are also eligible to apply.
Maharashtra MBBS Application Form 2019
Candidates who clear the eligibility criteria for seeking admissions in medical programmes various government and private college/institute/universities can proceed to the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Application Form Submission. The complete procedure to fill the application form is as follows.
- Go to the official website of Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER)
- Locate the link that leads to new application submission.
- Fill in the application form; candidates will have to enter in basic information
- Pay the application fee by challan at nearest SBI branch.4
- After two days of challan payment, candidates are required to upload their scanned documents
- After the final submission, candidates can take a print of the application form.
Application Fee for Maharashtra MBBS admission 2019 admission will be INR 1060 which is to be deposited at SBI bank with a pay-in-slip or e-challan. E-challan will be generated once the candidates will submit their application form.
The documents are to be uploaded in accordance with the official guidelines. Candidates will be provided with all the information needed to get successfully registered here soon.
Merit List for Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Admissions
The Merit List for Admissions in Maharashtra colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2019, availability of seat, and number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. DMER Maharashtra will be referring mostly to the Merit List. Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. DMER Maharashtra will release Merit Lists for each counseling procedure. The first Merit List will be released around 4th week of June 2019 to 1st week July 2019.
Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counseling
Maharashtra MBBS Counseling 2019 will be a straightforward procedure. DMER will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS admissions 2019. Merit Lists will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET 2019. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counseling sessions of Maharashtra MBBS 2019 admission. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. Counseling session will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- Counseling letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Maharashtra MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Scheduled caste and Schedule tribe converts to Buddhism||19.5%|
|Other Backward Class||28.5%|
|Women Candidates (for all categories)||60%|
|PWD (for all categories)||10%|