Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020: The Round-1 Allotment Result has been declared, check out the results below. Report at the institute before the due date. Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) Maharashtra is carrying out the admission procedure. Candidates who appeared in NEET 2020 could register themselves for the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS admissions. To participate in the whole admission drive, candidates had to submit their respective applications. Candidates will be called in for the counselling procedure by DMER on the basis of the NEET 2020 performance and merit list. Further, this article includes Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020 Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Registration Procedure, Merit List, and Counselling and Seat Allotment.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Round-1 Allotment Result has been announced by the authorities. Candidates must report at the allotted institutes on or before 20th November 2020(5 PM). In addition, the seats of students who will not report on time may get canceled. – Check Allotment List PDF
- The Maharashtra MBBS Provisional State Merit List has been released in pdf format. Candidates can check out the list to know whether they are eligible for admission or not. – Check State Merit List
- Maharashtra NEET-UG 2020 Choice Filling started on 06th November 2020. Candidates had to fill in their choices before 13th November 2020.
- The Application Form was released via online mode. Only the students who submitted the form on time will further be considered for seat allotment.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020
The admission will be granted purely on the basis of merit. Candidates will have to submit the application form on time to apply. Further, the applicant must have cleared the NEET 2020 Exam. NEET was further conducted successfully on 13th September 2020. In addition, students wanting to apply must be aware of all the important event dates. The Maharashtra MBBS/ BDS Admission schedule is provided below.
|Publication of Information Brochure||November 4, 2020|
|Publication of Seat Matrix||November 5, 2020|
|Online Registration and Payment of Registration Fees Through Online Payment Gateway for MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BPTh/ BOTh/ BASLP/ BP&O/ B.Sc (Nursing)||November 5 after 11:00 AM to November 12, 2020, up to 05:00 PM|
|Online Preference (Choices) Filling Process for MBBS / BDS course only.||November 6 to 13, 2020 up to 11:59 PM|
|Publication of Provisional Merit List for the MBBS / BDS course only.||November 13, 2020, by 08:00 AM|
|Declaration of selection list of 1st Round for MBBS / BDS course only.||November 15, 2020, after 05:00 PM|
|Last date of joining to the selected college during 1st round for the MBBS / BDS course only.||November 20, 2020, up to 05:00 PM|
Maharashtra MBBS Admissions 2020
- Maharashtra MBBS Admissions will be taken care of by the Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MBBS and BDS admissions in Maharashtra government and private college will be done on the basis of NEET score secured by candidates.
- There will be around 7500 seats offered for both MBBS and BDS programmes in around 70 government and private colleges/institutes/universities.
- Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) will be conducting the admission recruitment for about 85% of total applicants. The rest 15% will be taking care of by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in pursuing their graduation in the field of medicine at one of the campuses offered through the Maharashtra MBBS Counseling must possess certain qualities and qualifications. The following are the guidelines set forth by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER). Candidates must clear these guidelines in order to be eligible to pursue medical admission in Maharashtra.
Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, a candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
Candidates seeking Maharashtra MBBS/ BDS Admission for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Maharashtra, i.e. students with either root in Maharashtra, who have spent a considerable amount of years in Maharashtra and has done the schooling from Maharashtra will be considered eligible.
The minimum age required to apply is 17. The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
The qualifying examination will be the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from the State Board of Maharashtra.
Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seeking admission. Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There will be a relaxation of 5 marks for physically handicapped students, and a relaxation of 10 marks will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories. The qualifying marks from NEET 2020 will be announced and updated eventually. For the previous session, candidates were required to score a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET exam.
To be eligible as a domicile of Maharashtra, a person must have stayed in the state of Maharashtra for a minimum of 15 years. There are a few exceptions that will allow candidates to take part in the admission process. Candidates who are dependent on employees of the Government of Maharashtra are also eligible to apply.
Maharashtra MBBS Application Form 2020
Candidates who clear the eligibility criteria for seeking admissions in medical programmes various government and private colleges/institutes/universities can proceed to the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Application Form Submission. The complete procedure to fill the application form is as follows.
- Go to the official website of Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) – www.dmer.org
- Locate the link that leads to new application submission.
- Fill in the application form; candidates will have to enter in basic information
- Pay the application fee by challan at the nearest SBI branch.
- After two days of challan payment, candidates are required to upload their scanned documents.
- After the final submission, candidates can take a print of the application form.
Application Fee will be INR 1060 which is to be deposited at SBI bank with a pay-in-slip or e-challan. E-challan will be generated once the candidates will submit their application form. Moreover, the documents are to be uploaded in accordance with the official guidelines. Candidates will be provided with all the information needed to get successfully registered here soon.
Merit List for Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Admissions
The Merit List for Admissions in Maharashtra colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER) on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2020, availability of seat, and a number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. DMER Maharashtra will be referring mostly to the Merit List. Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. DMER Maharashtra will release Merit Lists for each counseling procedure. The first Merit List will be released around the 4th week of June 2020 to the 1st week of July 2020.
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Counselling
Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2020 will be a straightforward procedure. DMER will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the Maharashtra MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission. Merit Lists will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in NEET 2020. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counselling sessions. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. Counselling sessions will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET 2020 Result Copy
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- Counselling letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Maharashtra MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Scheduled caste and Schedule tribe converts to Buddhism||19.5%|
|Other Backward Class||28.5%|
|Women Candidates (for all categories)||60%|
|PWD (for all categories)||10%|