JIPMER will soon be conducting the JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling. However, the University has released the dates (tentative) on its official brochure. This Counselling will be take place on the campus. The JIPMER MD/MS Counselling will take place offline. JIPMER will declare the JIPMER PG 2020 Result in the form of merit lists. All qualified candidates will get an invite to participate in the Counselling depending on their All India Rank. There will be three rounds of JIPMER PG Counselling 2020 in total.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
If there are vacancies left after the conclusion of three rounds there will be a final round of Counselling. Before the Counselling process starts, the seat matrix will also be released for the candidates. After the Counselling, candidates will get admission in JIPMER PG 2020.
Important Dates for the JIPMER Post Graduate 2020 Counselling
The list of tentative dates for the Jawaharlal PG Counselling 2020 is available below.
Name of the Event
Date for the January session
Date for the July session
Merit List publication
18th December 2019
First week of June 2020
1st Round Counselling
27th December 2019 (8:00 am)
Second week of June 2020
2nd Round Counselling
8th January 2020 (8:00 am)
First week of July 2020
3rd Round Counselling
5th February 2020 (8:00 am)
Fourth week of July 2020
26th February 2020 (8:00 am)
Fourth week of August 2020
JIPMER Post Graduate 2020 Admission Counselling
All the qualified candidates for JIPMER PG 2020 will be eligible to participate in the JIPMER 2020 Admission Counselling. The candidates are expected to report at the allotted center for participating in the JIPMER PG Counselling. Candidates are to have at least secured a minimum of the 50th percentile (40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates) to qualify the JIPMER entrance and only then they will be considered for any further Counselling in the admission process.
Some important information for the candidates is available below-
- All candidates who qualify for the JIPMER 2020 entrance will get a call in for Counselling. It will be on the basis of All India Rank they secured in the Merit list.
- The regulatory authority will release an official notice before every counselling session. That notice will carry the category-wise ranks which are being called in for the JIPMER PG counselling. All the qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in the final round of Counselling.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to report at the JIPMER PG counselling center.
- Selected candidates will be asked to choose one discipline out of the 24 disciplines of MD/MS depending upon the availability of seats.
- A candidate who is sure about an option will be required to submit their original or bonafide documents along with an admission fee of INR 14,310 and collect the receipt.
- If in case, a candidate does not choose an option then he/she will be eligible for the next round of JIPMER Post Graduate 2020 Counselling.
- You can print the receipt of the admission fee at the time of collecting the admission order.
- In order to get the admission order, aspirants of JIPMER PG 2020 Merit Counselling will have to go through the medical examination, document and biometric verification.
- Candidates who want to withdraw their admission before the release of admission order will have to submit a fee of Rs 25,000 and the admission fee paid will not be refunded until and unless the candidate is medically disqualified.
JIPMER PG Counselling Procedure 2020
The step by step procedure for the Counselling of JIPMER Post Graduate Courses 2020 is available below. Candidates are also advised to keep tabs on the official website for any official announcements. the Official website is available here- ( http://www.jipmer.edu.in/ )
The Same will be updated over here.
Step 1: Registration of the Candidate
The shortlisted candidates are required to report to the JIPMER PG Counselling center allotted to them. The venue of counselling will be provided to them. The date and time of the Counselling session will be informed to the candidates beforehand. The candidate who would not come in the Round 1 of Counselling will be deemed ineligible for the next 2 rounds except for the final round of Counselling.
Step 2: Candidate’s Biometric Finger Print and Image Verification
The biometric fingerprint and image verification of the candidate will take place on the Counselling day of JIPMER PG 2020. If in any case, there is a mismatched candidate, she/he would not be allowed to continue with the Counselling process.
Step 3: Document Verification
Candidates will have to bring all the important documents at the time of 2020 JIPMER PG Counselling. These documents, you will need along with one set of self-attested copies at the time of Counselling. The list of documents required for the candidates to bring in the Counselling are available below:
- Four recent colored passport size photographs.
- Rank Letter for the JIPMER 2020.
- JIPMER 2020 Admit Card with Invigilator’s seal.
- Residence Certificate (AADHAR card or Voter ID or Passport).
- Class 10 Certificate.
- An MBBS degree or the Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Conduct certificate (from last attended institute).
- Internship completion certificate.
- Migration certificate (from last university attended).
- Transfer Certificate (from last attended institute).
- Permanent or Provisional Medical Registration Certificate.
- Certificate from the last institute attended. And make sure that MCI recognizes that degree.
- Birth Certificate.
- Proof of OCI registration (for OCI candidates).
- Medical Certificate for PH candidates.
- Reserved category (OBC/SC/ST) certificate (if applicable).
- After the document verification session, PG Counselling will be conduct in which the candidates have to choose a discipline. The center will allott the seats as per the merit ranks of the candidates.
JIPMER Post Graduate Counselling 2020 Center
Mini Auditorium (Fourth Floor), JIPMER Academic Centre, JIPMER, Puducherry is the venue for the Post Graduate course Counselling.
Courses offered in the JIPMER 2020 Postgraduate Admissions
There are 24 disciplines in total the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research offers to the shortlisted candidates in the Counselling. 19 of these courses are for MD (Doctor of Medicine). And the rest 5 courses are for the MS (Master of Surgery). The list of all 24 courses is available below. Read more about JIPMER PG Syllabus 2020
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology
- Emergency MedicineForensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- Immuno Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Forensic Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Radio- Diagnosis
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Oto-Rhino Laryngology
JIPMER PG Merit List 2020
The merit list will contain some important information about the respective candidate. That will be necessary for all the phases ahead such as in Counselling. The candidates whose names are there on the list will get a call in for the Counselling round. Those candidates who will fit all the criteria and qualifications will get seats in the courses of their choices.
Hence, the JIPMER Post Graduation Counselling 2020 will be taking place on the scheduled dates. We hope that the article helped you understand what you were looking for. Please also keep up with the official website. Any further updates will be available on this page as well.