JIPMER PG Syllabus 2021: The aspirants of PG Courses wanting to take admission in the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research (JIPMER) can apply for the examination. Now, the exam is replaced with INI CET (JIPMER PG 2021). The exam will take place on 16th June 2021. Candidates preparing for the exam must be through the exam syllabus. The JIPMER PG Syllabus 2021 knowledge shall boost the preparation. It also helps the candidates in preparing an adequate plan of action. Furthermore, in this article, the details about the exam pattern, syllabus, and tips & tricks are provided for exam preparation. Hence, candidates must go through this article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JIPMER PG Syllabus 2021
Along with the Syllabus, the proper knowledge of Exam Pattern is also crucial. Candidates who further clear the exam are granted admission to JIPMER Institutes in Puducherry and Karaikal. Wherein, the admission is granted as per a candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. The exam is conducted in two sessions, ie January & July. Further, the complete schedule of JIPMER PG 2021 is provided here. Candidates may miss out on any of the important events if they are not aware of the dates.
Exam Pattern of JIPMER PG Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern indicates the details of the question paper. The medium of language for the exam is English only. The exam is an online Computer-based Test (CBT). Some other important points about the examination pattern are given below-
- A total of 250 Questions are asked in the exam.
- It is an MCQ based exam. This means only be objective type questions are asked.
- The marking scheme is pretty simple. Although, there is a negative marking. That is, for every right answer 4 marks are awarded. And for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted. The method of determining the score is percentile.
- The question paper is divided into two sections- Basic Clinical and Clinical Sciences.
- There is a total of 250 questions in the question paper. 100 questions are from the Basic Clinical section. While 150 questions come from the Clinical Science section.
- The maximum marks for the question paper are 1000.
- The total time period for the students to complete the test is 3 hours.
- Students are should go through the syllabus. Do it while reading about the exam pattern. It will help them in formulating an idea of how to approach the reading material.
The syllabus is made available to the candidates through the prospectus on the Official Website of JIPMER PG.
JIPMER Post Graduate 2021 – Syllabus
The JIPMER PG syllabus 2021 consists of the subjects that are being taught in the MBBS course. Some significant information about the syllabus for JIPMER 2021 PG Exam Pattern is given below. The examination question contains the MBBS curriculum which includes subjects that are supposed to be studied thoroughly by the candidates. These subjects are listed below.
- The branch of science concerned with the chemical and physio-chemical processes and substances that occur within living organisms.
- The branch of medicine concerned with the uses, effects, and modes of action of drugs.
- It is the study of the causes and effects of disease or injury
- It is the study of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, viruses, archaea, fungi, and protozoa.
- This discipline also includes fundamental research on the biochemistry, physiology, cell biology, ecology, evolution, and clinical aspects of microorganisms, including the host response to these agents.
Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- It is the use of toxicology and other disciplines such as analytical chemistry, pharmacology, and clinical chemistry to aid medical or legal investigation of death, poisoning, and drug use.
- It is the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
- It is the branch of science concerned with the bodily structure of humans, animals, and other living organisms, especially as revealed by dissection and the separation of parts.
Subjects from Clinical Sciences
- It is the science and practice of establishing the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Medicine encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness.
- It is a branch of medicine dealing with healthcare issues affecting communities as a whole.
- It is the branch of medical science that ma focuses on the use of radiation, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance for diagnostic, therapeutic, and research purposes in medicinal practice.
Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine
- Pulmonology is a medical specialty that specifically deals with diseases involving the respiratory tract.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- This deals with the Gynecology, branch of physiology and medicine which deals with the functions and diseases specific to the female reproductive system.
- And also with Obstetrics, the branch of medicine and surgery concerned with childbirth and midwifery.
- It is the branch of medicine dealing specifically with the correction of deformities of bones and muscles.
- It is the branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders and diseases of the eye.
- It is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders.
- It is a therapy that uses ionizing radiation, generally as part of cancer treatment to control or kill malignant cells and normally delivered by a linear accelerator.
- It is the branch of medicine that is concerned with anesthesia and anesthetics.
- It is the branch of medicine that deals with the use of radioactive substances specifically in research, diagnosis, and treatment.
- This deals with the study of paramedical courses and treatment of mental illness, emotional disturbance, and abnormal behavior in particular.
- This is the medical specialty specifically dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of unforeseen illness or injury.
- This field deals with the treatment of injuries or disorders of the body by incision or manipulation, especially with instruments.
- Pediatrics is the branch of medicine dealing with children and their diseases in particular.
- An ENT specializes in ear, nose, and throat problems. An ENT is sometimes also called an Otolaryngologist.
Preparation Tips for the JIPMER 2021 PG Syllabus
These entrance exams are not easy to crack. Everybody knows that. It requires a certain amount of hard work, focus, and determination. All candidates who are preparing for the JIPMER PG 2021 should always lay out a plan first. Getting a good score in the entrance exam entirely depends upon various factors such as time and speed. Here we have listed some very important tips for you to prepare for the exam.
When it comes to studies always put your health first. And not only physical health but mental health as well. Staying fit and healthy is really important when it preparation. A routine of physical and mental exercise is necessary for a healthy mind and body.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
First, go through the exam pattern and syllabus listed above in this article. It always helps to know the layout of the question paper. A thorough reading of that will create a kind of familiarity for you which helps when you will first see the question paper.
Previous Year question papers
Going through the previous year’s question papers will help you get an idea of what kind of questions you should expect in the exam. So, make sure to go through some of the recent previous year question papers.
Believe in Yourself
No one will believe in you unless you start to believe in yourself first. Know your goals and stay motivated for your exam preparations. Never allow any negativity to get inside your mind. It will only add to all the stress and anxiety. So, stay focused and believe in yourself.
It is well known that you will always be more comfortable with your own handwriting rather that just reading from some printed material. So, try to put in a little bit of effort and make notes for the topics you are preparing.
Execute Your Plans
For entrance exams, a good plan and a smart execution strategy is the key to success. You can formulate all the study plans but failing to execute them will take you nowhere. So, focus on your preparation plan. Keep revising the subjects you study.
Go through Mock Tests
Mock tests give you a brief idea about where are you lack. Before starting your entrance exam, take various kinds of mock tests and compare your scores to boost your preparation.
Concentrate on Your Strengths
Always pay more attention to your strengths. You should always try to find your strengths and remember them while preparing. This exercise will help to boost your confidence.
Read the Questions Twice
Try and read the questions carefully. There can be few questions in the entrance exam that might have some confusing options. Hence, it is really important that you read all the questions very carefully and at least twice to understand their proper meaning.
First Attempt What You Know
You should always take an overview of the question paper before you start answering. Therefore, See which questions you can solve easily. And do it in lesser time. Then you should first attempt what you know and can easily answer and keep difficult questions for last.
Revise before leaving
Last but not the least, always revise your answers before you leave the examination hall. There are cases where you know the right answer, but click on the wrong one. So, make sure that you always revise all your answers before you step out of the hall.
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is an extremely important document. The JIPMER MD/ MS Admit Card indicates all your personal information along with your registration number. You can download the admit card by submitting the mandatory information from the official website. Go through the admit card and check all the relevant information about the candidates. All the information on the admit card is of great significance and of utmost importance in the phases like exam date and counselling process.