JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2021: The Exam Pattern is there to provide the candidates with important information about the medium, type of questions asked in the exam, and mode of the question paper. It prepares candidates in advance for they face the final examination. The JIPMER PG 2021 Exam is conducted in an online mode (Computer-based exam) in 11 cities across India. On the basis of JIPMER PG Scores, candidates get seats in the JIPMER colleges. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can check all the important details about the JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2021 in this article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2021
The JIPMER Post Graduate Exam Pattern comprises of different factors of the exam. So, candidates here is all the information about the Exam Pattern. Thus, the list of the exam pattern is as follows-
- The medium of language for the exam is English.
- The exam is a Computer-based Test (CBT).
- The total number of questions asked in the test is 250.
- It is an MCQ based exam, which means the questions asked shall only be objective.
- The total time period for the students to complete the test is 3 hours.
- The question paper is divided into two sections – Basic Clinical and Clinical Sciences.
- Out of the total 250 questions in the question paper, 100 questions are from the Basic Clinical section while 150 questions shall come from the Clinical Science section.
- The maximum marks for the question paper are 1000.
- The marking scheme is pretty simple, though there is negative marking. That is, for every right answer you get 4 marks and for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- The method of determining the score is percentile.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for JIPMER PG (INI CET)
Now, JIPMER PG is replaced with INI CET, and hence AIIMS Institute is carrying out the admission process. The tie-breaking criteria are further introduced to rank students scoring the same marks in a fair manner. Furthermore, the JIPMER PG Tie-Breaking criteria is as follows:
- A candidate with less number of incorrect responses is given preference.
- If a tie continues, then a candidate with Higher average marks in MBBS or any equivalent examination.
- Further, if there is still a tie, then the candidate who is an elder is given preference and ranked higher in the merit list.
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2021 – Syllabus
The JIPMER PG syllabus 2021 comprises the subjects of the MBBS Course. Some significant information about the syllabus for JIPMER 2021 Post Graduate Exam Pattern is given below. The examination questions contain the MBBS curriculum which includes subjects that are supposed to be studied thoroughly by the candidates. These subjects are listed below.
Subjects from Basic Clinical Sciences
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Subjects from Clinical Sciences
- Community Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Radio Therapy
- Nuclear Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
A list of Basic clinical and Clinical science topics is available. The questions shall be only objective type i.e., multiple-choice questions (MCQs). For each question, there is one single correct response.
JIPMER Post Graduate Exam Pattern – Preparation Tips
Now that you have got an idea of the exam pattern, and syllabus, now let us focus on the Preparation Tips. So, here we have provided some of the preparation tips that shall help you in your preparation.
- Firstly, make sure that you are well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make your Basic Concepts strong. This helps you to prepare more faster.
- Make Notes on the topics you are confused about.
- Practice the Previous Year Question Papers as much as you can.
- Take Frequent Mock tests. This will enhance your speed as well as improve your time management skills.
Thus, these are some of the important exam preparation tips that are important if you are preparing for the JIPMER PG 2021 Exam.
Important points in 2021 JIPMER PG Exam Pattern
- Firstly, Keep in mind that there is a negative marking in the exam. Try attempting the answers you know for sure at the starting of the exam.
- The exam is for 3 hours. Keep that in mind and try to be up to speed.
- Go through a Mock Test before you sit for the Main Exam.
- You cannot enter the examination hall after the commencement of the exam.
- Do not forget to take your admit card and one ID proof before leaving for the exam. No candidate is allowed in the examination hall without the admit card.
- You cannot carry any kind of electronic device and study material like Mobiles, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, books, model papers, etc in the examination hall.
- Do not ever disturb any other candidate in the examination room and maintain pin-drop silence during the examination.
- After the invigilator has verified the JIPMER PG 2021 Hall Ticket of the candidate, he/ she must sign on the attendance sheet.
- Students must follow all the instructions given by the invigilators.
- Never indulge in any kind of argument with the invigilators or any other staff involved in the examination duty.
- The decision of the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) always be final in all matters.