Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), will soon be releasing the JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020 after the application form. The exam pattern will be available to the candidates through the prospectus on their official website. The Exam Pattern is there to provide the candidates with important information about the medium, type of questions asked in the exam and mode of the question paper. The JIPMER Post Graduate Exam Pattern prepares candidates in advance for they will face the final examination.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The JIPMER PG 2020 Exam will be conducted in an online mode (Computer-based exam) in 11 cities across India. On the basis of JIPMER PG 2020 Scores, candidates will get seats in the colleges. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can check all the important details about the exam pattern in this article.
Check- AIIMS PG 2020
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern
The JIPMER Post Graduate 2019 Exam Pattern comprises of different factors of the exam. So, candidates here is all the information about the JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020. Thus, the list of the exam pattern is as follows-
- The medium of language for the exam will be English.
- The exam is a Computer-based Test (CBT).
- A total number of questions asked in the test will be 250.
- It is an MCQ based exam, which means the questions asked will only be objective.
- The total time period for the students to complete the test is 3 hours.
- The question paper will be divided into two sections- Basic Clinical and Clinical Sciences.
- Out of the total 250 questions in the question paper, 100 questions will be from the Basic Clinical section while 150 questions will come from the Clinical Science section.
- Maximum marks for the question paper is 1000.
- The marking scheme is pretty simple, though there is negative marking. That is, for every right answer you will be given 4 marks and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The method of determining the score is percentile.
Check- NEET PG Exam Pattern 2020
Tie- Breaking Criteria
In case if two students are getting the same score, the tiebreaker will give priority in the following order-
- less number of incorrect responses.
- Higher average marks in MBBs or any equivalent examination.
- Seniority (by age)
Check- NEET MDS 2020
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020 – Syllabus
The JIPMER PG syllabus 2020 comprises of the subjects of the MBBS Course. Some significant information about the syllabus for JIPMER 2020 Post Graduate Exam Pattern is given below-
The examination questions will contain MBBS curriculum which includes subjects which are supposed to be studied thoroughly by the candidates. These subjects are listed below.
Check – JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
Subjects from Basic Clinical Sciences
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Check – VITEE 2020
Subjects from Clinical Sciences
- Community Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Radio Therapy
- Nuclear Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
The list of Basic clinical and Clinical science topics is available. The questions will be only objective type i.e., multiple choice questions (MCQs). For each question, there will be one single correct response.
Check – NEET PG Exam Pattern 2020
JIPMER Post Graduate Exam Pattern – Preparation Tips
Now that you have got an idea of the exam pattern, and syllabus, now let us focus on the Preparation Tips. So, here we have provided some of the preparation tips that will help you in your preparation.
- Firstly, make sure that you are well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make your Basic Concepts strong. This will help you to prepare more faster.
- Make Notes of the topics you are confused about.
- Practice the Previous Year Question Papers as much as you can.
- Take Frequent Mock tests. This will enhance your speed as well as improve your time management skills.
Thus, these are some of the important exam preparation tips that are important if you are preparing for JIPMER PG 2020 Exam.
Important points in 2020 JIPMER PG Exam Pattern
- Firstly, Keep in mind that there is a negative marking in the exam. Try attempting the answers you know for sure in the starting of the exam.
- The exam will be of 3 hours. Keep that in mind and try to be up to speed.
- Go through a Mock Test before you sit for the Main Exam.
- You cannot enter the examination hall after the commencement of the exam.
- Do not forget to take your admit card and one ID proof before leaving for the exam. No candidate will be allowed in the examination hall without the admit card.
- You cannot carry any kind of electronic device and study material like Mobiles, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, books, model papers, etc in the examination hall.
- Do not ever disturb any other candidate in the examination room and maintain pin drop silence during the examination.
- After the invigilator has verified JIPMER PG 2020 Hall Ticket of the candidate, he/she must sign on the attendance sheet.
- Students must follow all the instructions given by the invigilators.
- Never indulge in any kind of argument with the invigilators or any other staff involved in the examination duty.
- The decision of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) will always be final in all matters.
Check – JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
Hence the exam pattern for the JIPMER 2020 PG Entrance Exam will be available along with the brochure. We hope the article helped you get the information you needed. Therefore, Keep checking the official website for the latest updates and notifications.