Gujarat Common Entrance Test 2020 commonly known as GUJCET 2020 will be conducted for candidates who wish to take admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses. It is a state-level exam which is conducted under the guidance of Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB). The GUJCET admission and counselling process is managed by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). Applicants who qualify GUJCET 2020 exam will eventually be granted admission in any of the government as well as non-government institutions within the state of Gujarat. The official notification of GUJCET 2020 will be made available in the first week of March 2020.
Check Eligibility For GUJCET Exam
GUJCET 2020 Examination
Interested aspirants have to register themselves and fill the application form in order to apply for GUJCET 2020. However, before sitting to fill the form candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria as applications of the only eligible will be accepted by the concerned authority. The registered students will then be issued with the admit card which they have to carry at the time of an entrance exam. Once the exam will be conducted which is expected to be held in the second week of May 2020, the conducting body will declare the result. Furthermore, all qualified candidates will be invited to attend the counselling process. Check dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and more details regarding GUJCET 2020 below in the article.
Schedule of GUJCET 2020
Candidates are advised to keep a track of all the dates updated on the official website so that no event is skipped by them. Although the official notification containing the final dates have not yet been released therefore candidates can take a look at the table below encapsulating the tentative dates of GUJCET 2020:
|Releasing of Official Notification||Second week of March 2020|
|Availability of Application Form||Last week of March 2020|
|Closing date of Application Form||Second week of April 2020|
|Issuing of Admit Card||First week of May 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Examination Date||Second week of May 2020|
|Publishing of an Answer Key||Third week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||Fourth week of May 2020|
|Commencing of Counselling||First week of June 2020|
GUJCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
It is mandatory for candidates to check and satisfy the GUJCET eligibility criteria before proceeding to fill the form. Through eligibility criteria, applicants become aware and sure that they can apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria consist of certain parameters which are listed as follows:
The candidate must hold the citizenship of India
Applicants having Gujarat domicile are considered eligible to apply.
For engineering: Candidates must have qualified class 12th from any recognized board of India with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
For Pharmacy: Candidates must have passed class 12th from any recognized board of India with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
General category applicants must have obtained at least 45% in class 12 while SC/ST category applicants must have secured 40% to apply for GUJCET 2020 examination.
NOTE – Students who will be appearing for class 12th board exams will also be eligible to apply.
GUJCET Application Form 2020
- Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the GUJCET application form in order to apply for the entrance exam.
- The application form will be available on the official website www.gseb.org in the online mode only.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form in the last week of March 2020.
- The application form needs to be filled with personal, educational and communication details followed by uploading of scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Once the form will be completely filled, aspirants have to submit the GUJCET Online Application Form 2020 along with an application fee.
- Aspirants have to deposit a fee of Rs. 300. The application fee can be paid via online or offline mode. Online payment will be accepted through Net Banking, Credit or Debit Card.
- The authority advises students to take a printout of the submitted application form.
GUJCET Exam Pattern 2020
Students who will be appearing for the exam must be familiar with the GUJCET Exam Pattern 2020. The exam pattern will help candidates to understand the type of questions, marking scheme, the total number of sections, etc. The exam pattern of GUJCET 2020 is.
- Exam will conduct via offline mode i.e it will pen and paper-based test
- The question paper will in Hindi, English and Gujarati languages.
- The paper will be divided into 3 sections. For Engineering, the paper will be divided into Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics whereas, for Pharmacy, the paper will be divided into Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Each section will contain 40 questions. Therefore, there will be a total of 120 questions
- The questions will be of objective type.
- The exam will of total 120 marks.
- GUJCET 2020 examination will conduct for 3 hours duration.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer while -0.25 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
GUJCET Syllabus 2020
Candidates must also be aware of the GUJCET syllabus and all the important topics that will be asked in the examination. The preparation according to the prescribed syllabus will help applicants to save time that may be wasted on some other random topics. Thus, it is important for candidates to have knowledge about the complete syllabus. GUJCET Syllabus 2020 will be of class 11th and 12th level.
The important topics of each subject are mention below:
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillation and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- S-Block Elements
- P- block Elements
- d and f-Block Elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutation and Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications
- Sequence and Series
- Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Structural Organisation in Plants & Animals
- Cell: Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
GUJCET Recommended Books 2020
Candidates who want to appear in GUJCET 2020 examination must have a good set of books containing all the topics of the syllabus. The names of some recommended books for each of the subjects are mentioned below:
Physics: NCERT Text Book, HC Verma, Pradeep Publications, Xam Idea Physics
Chemistry: NCERT Text Book, Organic Chemistry – OP Tandon, Physical chemistry – Peter Atkins, Inorganic chemistry – JD Lee
Mathematics: NCERT Text Book, RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma, Arihant Mathematics
Biology: NCERT Text Book, Pradeep Publications, Trueman’s Elementary Biology
GUJCET Preparation Tips 2020
Below are some of the GUJCET preparation tips that will help students prepare well for the exam:
- Know the exact syllabus and exam pattern before starting to prepare for an entrance examination
- Make a time table and study according to it.
- Devote equal time to each subject and focus on the subject which seems more difficult
- Have a good and reliable source of study material
- Do not leave any topic from the syllabus assuming it to be unimportant.
- Solve an ample number of sample papers and previous years question papers.
- Practice on a regular basis without skipping a single day
- Make personal notes for the topics studied.
- Take proper rest
- Eat healthy and nutritious food
GUJCET Admit Card 2020
- Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board will be responsible for generating the GUJCET Admit Card 2020 in the first week of May 2020.
- The admit card will be available only via online mode on the official website
- The exam conducting body will issue the admit card for only those applicants who have successfully registered themselves and filled the application form.
- No individual will receive the GUJCET Hall Ticket 2020 via post or mail.
- Students have to download their respective admit cards using their application number and date of birth.
- The hall ticket consists of several details related to an appearing candidate and entrance examination.
- GUJCET 2020 admit card is used to verify the candidate’s identity on the day of the exam. Hence, it is considered as a crucial document.
- All applicants who will be appearing for the entrance exam have to carry their admit card along with themselves at the examination centre.
- The admit card must be kept safe and secure until all the admission process gets over.
Things to carry at the Exam Centre
Aspirants will require to carry a number of things at the time of examination which includes the following:
- Pen, pencil and all stationary materials which will be allowed inside an examination hall.
- Admit Card
- Any government id proof such as Passport, Aadhar Card, Voter Id Card, Driving License, etc.
GUJCET Answer Key 2020
Within a few days after the conclusion of an entrance exam, the exam conducting authority will publish the GUJCET Answer Key 2020 via online mode. At first, the authority will release a preliminary answer key in the third week of May 2020 on the official website. An answer key will contain all the correct responses of the questions that will appear in the exam. Using an answer key of GUJCE 2020, candidates will be able to calculate their probable scores by comparing their answers against the one provided in the answer key. In addition, an answer key also lets students estimate their performance even before the declaration of result.
In case an individual is not satisfied with the published answer key or they find any discrepancy in it then they can send their feedback against it. The authority then takes into consideration all the feedbacks received by them and then publishes the final answer key of GUJCET 2020. Candidates must keep in mind that the feedback can be sent within the given deadline.
GUJCET Result 2020
Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board will announce the GUJCET Result 2020 in the fourth week of May 2020. The result will be available only through the online mode on the official portal. Candidates can download the result using their application number and other required details. Students should take the printout of the GUJCET exam result for further use.
Also, check GUJCET Cutoff 2020
GUJCET Merit List 2020
After the declaration of result, the exam conducting body will publish the GUJCET Merit List 2020. This merit list will prepare by considering 60% weightage of marks secured in class 12th and 40% weightage of marks that will secure in GUJCET 2020 examination.
GUJCET Counselling 2020
Candidates who will qualify the exam and whose name will appear in the merit list shall participate in GUJCET 2020 counselling. It is the final round for granting admission to candidates based on their performance in the exam. Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) will conduct the counselling in online mode. Candidates have to register first in order to participate in the counselling of GUJCET 2020 but before registering they need to visit the nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank to purchase the information booklet ad PIN number.
During the GUJCET Counselling 2020 of Gujarat Common Entrance Test 2020, aspirants have to select the choice of course and college according to their preference and interest. The seat allotment will depend upon the rank obtained, choices filled and availability of seats. After the seat allotment, candidates have to report at the center for the verification of the documents.
Documents required at time of Counselling
Candidates have to carry original as well as photocopies of the following list of documents for verification purpose:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- GUJCET Mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate
- Caste certificate
- PwD certificate (if possible)
- Income Certificate