GUJCET 2021: The GUJCET 2021 Application Form will be released soon. GUJCET is a state-level engineering entrance exam conducted by Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB). The admission and counselling process is managed by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). In addition, the application procedure takes place in an online mode. Applicants who clear the Gujarat Common Entrance Test are granted admission in any of the government as well as non-government institutions within the state of Gujarat. Moreover, the syllabus basically consists of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. A total of 120 questions are asked in the exam. Moreover, for more details about the GUJCET 2021 exam, application process, and selection criteria, read further.
Check Eligibility For GUJCET Exam
Interested aspirants have to register themselves and fill the application form in order to apply. However, before sitting to fill the form candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria as applications of the only eligible are accepted by the concerned authority. The registered students are then be issued with the admit card which they have to carry at the time of an entrance exam. In addition, candidates must keep a track of all the GUJCET Exam Dates updated on the official website so that no event is skipped by them.
|Availability of Application Form||May 201|
|Closing date of Application Form||–|
|Issuing of Admit Card||–|
|GUJCET 2021 Examination Date||–|
|Publishing of an Answer Key||– TBA –|
|Declaration of Result||–|
|Commencing of Counselling||–|
Highlights of GSEB Engineering Exam
|Name of the Examination||Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Test Takers||1.34 Lakh (approx.)|
|No. of Colleges offering Admission||141|
|GUJCET Official Website||www.gujcet.gseb.org|
GUJCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
It is mandatory for candidates to check and satisfy the GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria before proceeding to fill the form. Through eligibility criteria, applicants become aware and sure that they can apply for the exam. Further, the eligibility criteria consist of certain parameters which are listed as follows:
- The candidate must hold the citizenship of India.
- In addition, the applicants having Gujarat domicile are considered eligible to apply.
- Engineering: Candidates must have qualified class 12th from any recognized board of India with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Pharmacy: Candidates must have passed class 12th from any recognized board of India with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Diploma Programme: Applicant must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- General category applicants must have obtained at least 45% in class 12 while SC/ ST category applicants must have secured 40% to apply for GUJCET.
NOTE – Students who are appearing for class 12th board exams are also eligible to apply.
GUJCET Application Form 2021
The application form is the first step of the admission procedure. For being eligible to appear for the examination, candidates must submit the form. Further, the details of the application procedure are as follows:
- Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the GUJCET 2021 application form in order to apply for the entrance exam.
- In addition, the registration form is released on the official website www.gseb.org in the online mode only.
- The application form needs to be filled with personal, educational, and communication details followed by uploading of scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Once the form is filled, aspirants have to submit the Application Form along with an application fee. If the payment is due, then the form is considered incomplete and is not accepted.
- The authority advises students to take a printout of the submitted application form. However, they need not send it to the authorities.
- Candidates need to pay INR 300 as the GUJCET Application Fee.
- Note that the mode of payment is online. Hence, candidates can pay the fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card or Net Banking. It can also be paid through an e-challan/ payment slip of SBI Bank.
GUJCET Exam Pattern 2021
Students who are appearing for the exam must be familiar with the GSEB B.Tech Exam 2021 Paper Pattern. The exam pattern help candidates to understand the type of questions, marking scheme, the total number of sections, etc. Hence, it boosts the preparation. Further, the prescribed exam pattern is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Offline Mode i.e it is a pen and paper-based test.
- Medium of Paper: Hindi, English, and Gujarati languages
- Total Questions: Each section contains 40 questions. Therefore, there are a total of 120 questions
- Types of Question: Objective Type Questions
- Maximum Marks: 120
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer while -0.25 is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The paper is further divided into 3 sections. For Engineering, the paper is divided into Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics whereas, for Pharmacy, the paper is divided into Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Syllabus of GUJCET 2021
Candidates must also be aware of the GUJCET 2021 Syllabus and all the important topics that ARE asked in the examination. The preparation according to the prescribed syllabus helps applicants to save time that may be wasted on some other random topics. Thus, it is important for candidates to have knowledge about the complete syllabus. The standard of the questions is that of class 11th and 12th level. Furthermore, the subject-wise important topics are mentioned below for reference.
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillation and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
In the chemistry section, the 3 main divisions are Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry. Further, the important topics of each of these are mentioned below.
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- S-Block Elements
- P- block Elements
- d and f-Block Elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutation and Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications
- Sequence and Series
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Structural Organisation in Plants & Animals
- Cell: Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
GUJCET Recommended Books 2021
Candidates who want to appear in GUJCET 2021 examination must have a good set of GUJCET books containing all the topics of the syllabus. However, one should not refer to a lot of books that call for unnecessary confusion. Moreover, the names of some recommended books for each of the subjects are mentioned below:
- Physics: NCERT Text Book, HC Verma, Pradeep Publications, Xam Idea Physics
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry – OP Tandon, NCERT Text Book, Physical chemistry – Peter Atkins, Inorganic chemistry – JD Lee
- Mathematics: NCERT Text Book, RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma, Arihant Mathematics
- Biology: NCERT Text Book, Pradeep Publications, Trueman’s Elementary Biology
Preparation Tips for Gujarat Common Entrance Test
Below are some of the Preparation Tips for GUJCET 2021 that will help students prepare well for the exam:
- Know the exact syllabus and exam pattern before starting to prepare for an entrance examination
- Make a timetable and study according to it.
- Devote equal time to each subject and focus on the subject which seems more difficult.
- Have a good and reliable source of study material.
- Do not leave any topic from the syllabus assuming it to be unimportant.
- Solve an ample number of sample papers and previous year question papers.
- Practice on a regular basis without skipping a single day.
- Make personal notes for the topics studied.
- Take proper rest by solving the GUJCET Question Papers
- Eat healthy and nutritious food
GUJCET Admit Card 2021
- Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board is responsible for generating the GUJCET Admit Card.
- The admit card is available only via online mode on the official website.
- Moreover, the exam conducting body issues the admit card for only those applicants who have successfully registered themselves and filled the application form.
- No individual receives the GUJCET Hall Ticket 2021 via post or mail.
- Students have to download their respective admit cards using their application numbers and date of birth.
- The hall ticket consists of several details related to an appearing candidate and the entrance examination.
- Admit Card is used to verifying the candidate’s identity on the day of the exam. Hence, it is considered a crucial document.
- All applicants who are appearing for the entrance exam have to carry their admit cards along with themselves at the examination centre.
- The admit card must be kept safe and secure until the admission process gets over.
Things to carry at the Exam Centre
Candidates must check that they are carrying all the necessary things before leaving for the exam centre. Candidates appearing without these may face difficulty. Further, aspirants require to carry a number of things at the time of examination which includes the following:
- Pen, pencil and all stationary materials are allowed inside an examination hall.
- Admit Card of GUJCET
- Any government ID proof such as Passport, Aadhar Card, Voter Id Card, Driving License, etc.
GUJCET Answer Key 2021
Within a few days after the conclusion of an entrance exam, the exam conducting authority publishes the solution key pdf via online mode. At first, the authority releases a preliminary answer key on the official website. Moreover, an answer key contains all the correct responses to the questions that appear in the exam. Using the Answer Key of GUJCET, candidates are able to calculate their probable scores by comparing their answers against the one provided in the answer key. In addition, an answer key also lets students estimate their performance even before the declaration of the result.
In case an individual is not satisfied with the published answer key or they find any discrepancy in it then they can send their feedback against it. Further, the authority takes into consideration all the feedbacks received by them and publishes the final solution key.
Gujarat Common Entrance Test Result 2021
Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board announce the GUJCET 2021 Result. The result is available only through the online mode on the engineering exam official portal. Further, candidates can download the result using their application number and other required details. Students should take the printout of the exam result for further use. Moreover, only the students who score the minimum qualifying marks can participate in counselling round.
Also, check GUJCET Cutoff 2021
GUJCET Merit List 2021
After the declaration of the result, the exam conducting body publishes the GUJCET 2021 Rank List. Also, this merit list is prepared by considering the 60% weightage of marks secured in class 12th. And 40% weightage of marks that are secured in the GUJCET Examination. In addition, a merit list helps the authorities in segregating students on the basis of merit. Furthermore, the officials call candidates for counselling as per their merit rank.
GUJCET Counselling 2021
Candidates who qualify for the exam and whose names appear on the merit list shall participate in counselling. It is the final round for granting admission to candidates based on their performance in the exam. Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) conducts the counselling in online mode. However, candidates have to register first in order to participate in the GUJCET 2021 Counselling. But before registering they need to visit the nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank to purchase the information booklet ad PIN number.
During the Counselling of the Gujarat Common Entrance Test, aspirants have to select the choice of course and college according to their preference and interest. Moreover, the seat allotment depends upon the rank obtained, choices filled, and availability of seats. After the seat allotment, candidates have to report to the centre for the verification of the documents.
Documents Required for Counselling
There are a few documents that a candidate needs to have during counselling. Moreover, the presented documents must be authentic. In addition, candidates have to carry original as well as photocopies of the following list of documents for verification purpose:
- Class 10th mark Sheet
- Class 12th mark Sheet
- GUJCET Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- PwD Certificate (If Applicable)
- Income Certificate