GUJCET Exam Pattern 2020: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board will conduct GUJCET 2020. Applicants who wish to get admission in Engineering and other undergraduate courses can apply for the exam. Gujarat Common Entrance Test is a state-level examination and candidates who desire to take it must be aware of each of its detail. GUJCET exam pattern, syllabus, and some preparation tips are available on this page below. Candidates must take a look at them to be familiar with the exam beforehand and prepare accordingly.
Check Eligibility For GUJCET Exam
NOTE – Interested candidates need to fill the GUJCET Application Form in order to apply for the exam. The Application process has now been closed.
GUJCET Exam Pattern 2020
The Admission Committee for Profession Courses (ACPC) is responsible for releasing the GUJCET Exam Pattern. Candidates who want to take the exam must go through this pattern and it should be the first steps before they commence their preparation. The exam pattern provides some basic information about an entrance examination such as mode of exam, duration, type of questions in the exam, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. By knowing all these details, an individual will gain an idea regarding the exam in advance and will not face any difficulty while taking it. The complete exam pattern of GUJCET 2020 for an engineering course is mentioned below:
- Examination Mode: Gujarat Common Entrance Test will be a pen and paper-based test i.e it will be conducted via online mode.
- Duration: The exam will be held for a duration of 180 minutes.
- Sections: The question paper will be divided into 3 sections and each section will contain questions from different subjects
- Subjects: Candidates will find questions from the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Total Questions: Each section will contain 40 questions. Therefore, there will be a total of 120 questions
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice Questions in the entrance exam. Each question will have 4 options for the answer.
- Total Marks: The examination will be of 120 marks
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be in Hindi, English, and Gujarati medium.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer while 0.25 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Marks||Questions||Allotted Time||Marking Scheme|
|Physics||40||40||120 minutes||+1 for a correct answer|
– 0.25 for an incorrect answer
GUJCET Syllabus 2020
Along with the Gujcet exam pattern, candidates must have complete knowledge of the GUJCET Syllabus 2020. The syllabus will be available on the official website and is particularly of class 11th and 12th level. The topics of the syllabus will be specifically from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the syllabus prescribed by the ACPC. Moreover, preparing for the entrance exam according to the GUJCET 2020 Syllabus will let candidates utilize time in a proper way without wasting it in preparation for some unnecessary random topics.
GUJCET Mathematics Syllabus
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation and Combination
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
GUJCET Physics Syllabus
- Electric Charge and Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Current Electricity,
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electro-Magnetic Waves
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Communication System
GUJCET Chemistry Syllabus
- Solid State
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements – II
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- f Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
GUJCET Preparation Strategy 2020
In order to prepare for the exam, applicants must follow some strategies that will help them to prepare in the best possible manner. In addition, the strategy will help them to score well in the exam. Students can refer to the GUJCET Preparation Strategy as given below:
- Know the exact GUJCET exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme.
- Prepare from the relevant study material.
- Make a time table and devote equal time to each subject which will lead to the proper management of time.
- Practice the maximum number of sample papers and previous year question papers.
- Make brief notes while preparing for the Gujarat Common Entrance Test 2020.
- Take up a lot of mock tests to analyze the preparation.
- Follow a proper diet in order to remain physically strong otherwise, it will hinder the preparation
- Take proper rest to keep the mind fresh.
Important Note – Applicants who are going to take the entrance test must carry their GUJCET Admit Card 2020 else they will not be allowed to sit for the exam.