GUJCET Eligibility Criteria: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducts the GUJCET exam every year. GUCET is the entrance exam which is held for the selection of the candidates in the Engineering, Medicine, and Paramedicine. Thousands of students participate in the Gujarat Common Entrance Test. GSEB has set certain eligibility criteria for GUCET 2021. Not every student can participate in the GUCET 2021 examination. Students have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to fill the GUCET Application form. Before having a registration, candidates are asked to look into the eligibility criteria in order to be the part of GUJCET exam. There is compensation in the marks for the reservation category. Hence check the eligibility for GUCET before applying for it. Read the article given below to get more updates on GUCET 2021 exam.
Check Eligibility For GUJCET Exam
Factors Determining GUJARAT CET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Eligibility criteria for GUJCET are determined by various factors. Those factors are :
- Qualifying examination
- Main subjects in 12th
- Qualifying Marks/Percentage
GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must be aware of the fact that they have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to participate in the GUJCET exam. Every year GSEB conducts the GUJCET exam to select the students for engineering and medical courses. The important guidelines of the eligibility process are given below:
- Candidates must be Indian and have a Gujarat domicile
- Minimum age of the candidates must be 17 years or above
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 (or equivalent) examination from CBSE, ICSE or Gujarat State Board.
- Candidates who are going to appear for the 2021 board exam can also apply for the GUJCET 2021.
- General Candidates need to have at least 45% in the 12th board and the reserved category needs 40% to fill the form.
- Must have PCM/PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology) as the main subject in 12th class.
GUJCET 2021 Reservation Policy
Candidates belonging to the reserved category have the advantage over the minimum marks requirement and on GUJCET seats. Reserved candidates have to show the community certificate in order to claim the reservation.
Categories as per the reservation percentage are given below:
|Categories||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphan of any caste||27%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|Physically Disabled Category||5%|
|Children of Defense Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|