TNEA Eligibility 2020: Candidates must look into the eligibility for TNEA 2020 before filling the application form. Only the eligible candidates will be able to fill the form. Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu releases TNEA eligibility criteria for admission to B.Tech programmes. Thus the aspirants who want to pursue the B.Tech courses for the state colleges must look into the eligibility requirement. The concerned authority set certain eligibility norms and conditions which are based on certain parameters like age, nationality, education qualification, etc. The TNEA 2020 application form comes out in May 2020. Thus look into the eligibility process in order to fill the form. Read the article to get a clear view of the TNEA Admission eligibility 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2020
There are various parameters which are taken into consideration while setting the TNEA eligibility. Thus those factors are:
- Nationality and nativity
- Educational Qualification
- Passing marks
- Eligibility criteria for Vocational courses
- Eligibility criteria for various disabilities
TNEA Eligibility Requirement For Admission 2020
Carefully read the article given about the NTEA Eligibility with respect to different parameters.
- Candidates must be Indian Origin
- Students who clear VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. from schools situated in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. In this case, candidates need not produce a Nativity Certificate for verification.
- Candidates who clear any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. The candidates outside the state have to produce Original Nativity Certificate. The certificate must be in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate at the time of original certificates verification at TNEA Facilitation Centre (TFC).
- Irrespective of their native, children of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application. Candidates have to support this by producing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian. This certificate has to be shown while document verification.
- Children of employees in the Public Sector or Government recognized Institutions can also apply. The employers must be employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years irrespective of their domicile. A certificate must be there which state that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slips, etc.
- Children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply. A Self-declaration from the parent in this regard is to be produced at the time of original certificates verification.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
- Candidates must clear the 10+2 exam from the state board i.e Tamil Nadu or its equivalent exam. Candidates must have an aggregate of 45% in subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics for general category. While on the other hand reserved category must have an aggregate of 40%.
- For Vocational Courses prescribed for B.E. / B. Tech. degree admission candidates have different eligibility criteria. Candidates have to clear the 10+2 with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with an aggregate of 45% for general category ( 40% for reserved category).
Vocational Courses prescribed for B.E. / B. Tech. Degree Admission
|Group Code||Name of the Vocational Subjects|
|422||Electrical Machines and Appliances|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria For Different Branches
For Marine Engineering Branch Eligibility
Candidates have to clear their HSC with PCM and English as the separate subject. An aggregate of 60% is required in 12th board by taking PCM into account. Further, a minimum of 50 % in English either at 10th or 12th standard is required for all the candidates. There are other requirements too which the candidates must have in order to take admission in Marine Engineering Branch are:
- The maximum age limit of 25 years.
- Minimum Height 157 cm.
- Minimum Weight 48 kg.
- Normal Colour vision.
Candidates have to produce the medical fitness certificate from the Medical Officer authorized by the Director-General of Shipping. Failing to have the certificate, candidates will lose the admission.
Mining Engineering Branch
Note to Female candidates opting for Mining Engineering course.
- As per Mines Act 1952, 46 (1), no woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed –
(a) in any part of a mine which is below ground;
(b) in any mine above ground except between the hours of 6 A.M. and 7 P.M. (2) As per Coal Mines Regulation 1957, 86
- No adolescent or women shall descend or ascend a shaft in a cage or other means of conveyance unless accompanied by one or more adult males.
- They should satisfy the academic norms of Anna University.
TNEA Reservation Seats
There are various factors which play a role in getting admission in various engineering colleges through TNEA. As per the state and central government norms, the reservation policy is there. Below is the table which shows the reservation as per the percentage.
|Backward Class Muslim||3.5%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|