AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences has set some eligibility criteria/parameters for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2020. As a result, on the basis of the eligibility criteria, candidates will be selected for the admission process. It is very necessary to satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria is divided into three sections- Nationality, Age, and Educational Qualifications. AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form will be available in November 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The First Stage is the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Basic Registration Process and on the basis of the eligibility criteria, the candidate’s application form is selected for the further stages of selection. In this article, we have given the details about AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020, dates, eligibility criteria, etc. So candidates if you willing to apply go through the article and check your eligibility.
Check – AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Important Dates
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of the Online Registration Form||November 2019|
|Closing Date of the Online Registration Form||January 2020|
|Generation of Code for Final Registration||January 2020|
|Starting Date of Final Registration||February 2020|
|Closing Date of Final Registration||February 2020|
The Official Dates have not been announced yet. The dates that we have mentioned here are tentative. The Exam Conducting Authority will soon announce the dates.
Check NEET MDS 2020
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Conditions 2020 is based on the few parameters. In order to fill the application form, candidates have to satisfy their eligibility criteria. Candidates have to satisfy their eligibility criteria in the following factors-
- Educational Qualification
- Minimum Qualifying Marks
As we have mentioned earlier, the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria is based on few parameters based on the applicant’s educational qualification, age, nationality etc. So, let’s talk about these eligibility conditions in details-
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- Candidates born on or after January 2003 will not be eligible to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2020.
- The Nationality of the Candidate must be Indian, Foreign Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs etc.
- For NRIs and OCIs are eligible to appear the Entrance Test. The terms and conditions that are applicable to the Indian National Candidates are also applicable to the NRIs and OCIs as well.
- They have to submit the proof of registration as an OCI under the section 7A to become eligible for the test.
- For the Foreign Nationals, a total of 7 seats are reserved in AIIMS, New Delhi only. These applicants will be nominated by the Government of India and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The Admission of the Foreign Nationals will not get admission through AIIMS MBBS 2020 Scores.
Check – FMGE 2020
- The Applicants must have passed Class 12th from a recognized Institution/Board.
- They must have the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English.
- Candidates must score minimum aggregate marks in each subject.
- The General and OBC Category Candidates must score 60% marks.
- The Reserved Category Candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks.
- The PWD Candidates must score a minimum of 45% marks.
Check AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020
AIIMS OCI Eligibility Criteria 2020
The Overseas Citizen of India who is registered under 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 is also eligible for the entrance exam. Therefore, the eligible candidates have to submit an OCI Registration Proof. However, the terms and conditions are the same as that of the AIIMS MBBS for the Indian Nationals.
Check- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Foreign National 2020
The Foreign Nationals who are willing to take the AIIMS Entrance Exam have to pass Intermediate Science Examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and English. Thus, the Foreign Nationals will not have to appear the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination. Lastly, this provision is only applicable to AIIMS Delhi.
Check AIIMS Syllabus 2020
AIIMS Admission Criteria 2020 for OBC Candidates
A total of 181 seats are available for AIIMS MBBS OBC Category Candidates. They need to satisfy all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to participate in the admission process. Hence, to claim OBC Quota, the candidate must ensure that they do not belong to the Non-Creamy Layer Section. The Candidate must submit a certificate mentioning that, and the certificate should not be a year older from the date of the first counseling.
Admission Criteria for the SC/ST Category Candidates
For AIIMS MBBS SC Category Candidates, a total of 103 seats are available in the admission process. Whereas, for SC Candidate, a total of 53 seats are available. The eligibility conditions are available in the above section. Hence, to claim the Reservation Benefits, the candidates have to submit their Category Certificate at the time of the counselling round.
Check – AIIMS 2020 Result
Admission Criteria for the OPH Category Candidates
AIIMS New Delhi reserves 3% of the seats for OPH Candidates on horizontal basis. To claim this reservation, the candidate has to fit certain eligibility criteria.
- The disability for the lower limbs should be between 50 to 70%. If in case, such candidates are not eligible then the candidates with a disability between 40 and 50% will be considered.
- These candidates have to produce a disability certificate and authorized the State Medical Board or Central Government Institutions/Hospitals.
Check AIIMS Counselling 2020
AIIMS MBBS Reservation of Seats
A total of 672 Seats are available for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2020. The distribution of the seats as per the category is as follows-
|LOCATION OF AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||TOTAL|
AIIMS Inter-Seat Interconvertibility
If in case, the SC Seats remain unclaimed, then the ST Category Candidates can take the seats during the admission and vice-versa. If in case, if the candidate fails to occupy the SC/ST Seats, then these seats will be given to the General Category candidates. Similarly, if the OBC Seats remain vacant then these seats will be offered to the General Category Candidates during the AIIMS MBBS Admission Process 2020.
Check- NEET 2020
Hence, these are the details of the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020. The AIIMS Online Form will be released on November 2020. If you have any queries regarding the AIIMS UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria then comment in the section below. Candidates must also note that the eligibility conditions are one of the important factors in the admission process. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria will not be eligible for the AIIMS 2020 Admission Procedure.
Check NEET 2020