WBJEE Board will conduct the seat allotment of WBJEE 2020 in online mode. The registration for the WBJEE Counselling 2020 will begin shortly after the declaration of result. The WBJEE eligible candidates must register online on the Board website. During the registration process, the candidates will have to fill courses and colleges of their choice in the order of preference. Henceforth, Seat Allotment will begin after the completion of the registration process. Seat Allotment WBJEE 2020 will take place in three rounds. Only those candidates, who successfully registered and are eligible will be considered for seat allotment. Read the article further to know the detailed procedure of WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment such as dates, documents required for verification and more.
Check Eligibility For WBJEE Exam
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment Important Dates
A separate notification with details of counselling/ Seat Allotment and admission will be published by the authorities on the WBJEE Board Official Site after the declaration of the WBJEE Result 2020. Therefore, we recommend you to pay often visit the website of the board for the latest information. Also, we will keep updating you here with the exact dates of the seat allotment once the Authorities will make the announcement. Until then have an idea with the tentative dates of the counselling and seat allotment rounds.
|Seat Allotment Round 1||June 2020|
|Round 1- Payment of the fee, document verification, and other processes||To be notified|
|Round 2- Seat Allotment Result||June 2020|
|Round 2- Provisional admission fee payment and document verification (new allotment only), acceptance/ withdrawal of seat, etc.||To be notified|
|Round 3- Seat Allotment Result||July 2020|
|Round-3: Admission fee payment and document verification and other processes||To be notified|
|Admission Process closing date||To be notified|
Check- WBJEE Exam Centre 2020
How To Check WBJEE Seat Allotment 2020?
All the details regarding the seat allotment and further process will be released by the board on its website. You must keep visiting in order not to miss any important event. You can check the seat allotment by following the few simple steps given below.
- Visit the official website of the WJEE Board- wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on WBJEE Seat Allotment/ Counselling 2020
- Login in using your login credentials (Roll number, Password and security pin)
- It will automatically direct you to the WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment page
- Download and keep the printout of the provisional allotment order for further admission purposes
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment Procedure
The procedure of WBJEE Seat Allotment will be in three rounds. The candidates will have to fill the choice of course and college during the registration. Course-wise and institute-wise availability of seats to be provided by the competent authorities will also be published before the counselling and allotment. So, you must fill your choice or preference accordingly. The WBJEE seat allotment happens on the basis of the WBJEE 2020/JEE Main 2020 score and merit. In other words, seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit and choices filled by them. Thereupon, the candidates who will get seats have to pay provisional admission fee through online mode only. Thereafter, one has to visit the allotted institute for document verification and admission process.
Check the details regarding the seal allotment rounds below.
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment Round 1
In Round 1 Counselling, seats are allotted to the eligible candidates. To put it differently, WBJEE 2020 Merit List is prepared as per the WBJEE Cut off 2020. The result will be available on the website showing the institution and course allotted. Accordingly, all the candidates who get the allotment have to report to the Reporting Centres for taking provisional admission.
- Students who made it to Round 1 counselling must report to one of the WBJEE Reporting Centres to complete the provisional admission formalities.
- Failure of reporting to the venue will lead to the cancellation of provisional seat allotment and will not be considered for subsequent rounds. Hence, their seat is declared vacant for the next round.
- One must appear at the reporting centre with relevant documents and an allotment letter.
- After the successful seat allotment in the first round, one can opt for changing or up-gradation or no up-gradation of seats.
- Candidates who are willing to take admission in the institute and course allotted to them in the first round must report to the allotted institute. With attention to, the institutes will accept only those candidates who will report to the reporting centre and will opt for no up-gradation.
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment Round 2
No fresh registrations or choice filling will be done for Round 2 seat allotment. To point out, the choices filled by candidates in the registration process only will be considered for this round. Check which candidates are eligible for round 2.
- The registered candidates who did not get seats in the 1st round are eligible for the 2nd round. Also, the candidates who were allotted a seat in Round 1 of counselling and reported at the centre but their allotted seat got cancelled due to non-fulfillment of specified eligibility criteria are all eligible for round 2. The above-prescribed candidates who get a seat in round 2 need to report to the respective centre for provisional admission. It’s important to realize, failing this will lead to the cancellation and they are barred from subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Candidates who were allotted a seat in Round 1 and successfully completed all the admission formalities and opted “YES” for up-gradation in the following round of seat allotment are eligible for Round 2. For these candidates, only higher preferred choices are processed or previously allotted seats may remain unchanged. The Candidates willing to take admission after round 2 must visit the reporting centre. Else they should not.
- Candidates who got the seat in Round 1 and successfully completed all the admission formalities and opted “NO” for up-gradation. The seats of such candidates are kept in the same category or in the up-gradation category.
- The Board also offers admissions to JEE Main candidates on the basis of marks scored by them in the exam. These candidates will have to produce JEE Main Score Card at Reporting Centres. Additionally, such candidates must participate in the online seat allotment process and counselling procedure.
Round 3 Seat Allotment WBJEE 2020
Candidates will be allotted seats in Round 3 on the basis of round 2. Registered candidates of the 3rd round have to report to the Reporting centres for completion of admission formalities.
- Seats are offered to the candidates on the basis of availability of seats and the preferences opted from the available combinations.
- The candidates who get the admission must report to the allotted institute to complete the admission formalities.
- Thereupon, if seats remain vacant under SCPH, STPH, BCAPH and BCBPH category, after the 2nd round of seat allotment, then it will be converted into the OPPH category. However, the seats still remain vacant, then the authorities will convert categories as follows:
|OPPH||OP and re-allotment|
|ST||SC and re-allotment|
|SC||OP and re-allotment|
|BCA||OP and re-allotment|
|BCB||OP and re-allotment|
Change Of Willingness
After the 2nd round of allotment, candidates who have taken the provisional admission in the 1st round can change their willingness from “YES up-gradation ” to “NO up-gradation”. To change their willingness candidates need to report to the same reporting centre. In other words, the reporting centre where the provisional admission letter was issued for a specified period. Hence, the procedure for change of option is as follows.
- Candidates have to submit their provisional letter in Round 1.
- The candidate may have to fill in and sign for change of option.
- Forthwith, the Reporting centre will then issue a letter of modification.
WBJEE 2020 Document Verification
Candidates who got the seats have to visit the Admission Reporting Centre for document verification. For this purpose, certain mandatory documents you need to carry along at the centre. Along with the documents one has to pay the admission fee too.
- WBJEE Admit Card 2020
- Recent Multiple passport size photographs
- Seat Allotment offer
- JEE Main 2020 Scorecard (if applicable)
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Category Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Receipt of Seat Acceptance Fee
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is conducted by the WBJEE Board. It is for admission to various Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State. The candidates can check the WBJEE Exam Dates 2020 and apply it by filling the WBJEE 2020 Registration Form. To point out, candidates must prepare according to the WBJEE Exam Pattern and Syllabus. In addition, practice as much WBJEE Question Papers as you can to score well in the exam. WBJEE Answer Key 2020 will be released by the board on its official website.