The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu will conduct the Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions for the academic year 2018-19. All those students who wish to take up admission in the MBBS course offered in the medical colleges/institutes of Tamil Nadu will have to first take the NEET 2018 examination. This is a national level medical examination and all the candidates who want to participate in the counseling procedure of the admissions must first fill the application form which has been released on 11th June 2018. The last date to fill and submit is 19th June 2018 (up to 5pm). The details of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 application form have been given below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates Tamil Nadu MBBS Application Form
The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu has released the application form in online mode. Candidates need to download the application form in PDF format. The date of events for the MBBS Counselling 2018 has been also released. Link to download the application form is provided below.
|Date of Notification||10th June 2018|
|Commencement for sale of application||11th June 2018|
|Last date for issue of application||18th June 2018 (up to 5pm)|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application||19th June 2018 (5 pm)|
|Address to which the filled in application along with enclosures are to be sent||THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE,|
No. 162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH
ROAD, KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600 010.
|Expected date for declaration of Rank List||3rd week of August 2018|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Application Form 2018
Application form of TN MBBS 2018 admissions has been released for downloading in the online mode. The application form can be bought offline also at the participating medical colleges. Only one application form will be accepted from one candidate. All the application forms will contain a unique application number that needs to be kept safe. Prior to filling up the application form, candidates must read all the instructions carefully. After filling up the application form, all candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs.500 through demand draft drawn in the favor of ‘Secretary Selection Committee Chennai’ before the last date of submission. The filled up application form has to be posted along with the other required documents and the demand draft. The applicants belonging to the reserved categories of SC, ST and SCA are exempted from paying the application fee. Candidates must adhere to all the eligibility criteria to fill up the application form.
To download the application form for Admission to MBBS/BDS course 2018-2019 session Application form for seats in self-financing medical / dental colleges Under management quota (including NRI quota) – Click Here
To download the application form for Admission to MBBS/BDS courses 2018-2019 session Common application form for government medical / dental colleges and Government seats in self-financing medical / dental colleges – Click Here
Candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS Degree Courses 2018-2019 session under Management Quota or NRI Quota of Self Financing Medical / Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu should submit the filled in application form with necessary enclosures should reach on or before 19.06.2018 5.00 P.M. to the following address:
THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE, 162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD, KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600 010.
Things to Know about Tamil Nadu MBBS Application Form
- Candidates must read all the instructions before filling up the application form. Candidates must check that the application number and the number on the OMR form and acknowledgment cards are the same.
- The applicant must fill the application form in his/her own writing. Any kind of mistake in the form will lead to the rejection of the application.
- The applicant must not fold the OMR form. Overwriting, erasing and cutting will lead to the rejection of the application.
- The applicant must not forget to affix a recent passport size photograph. The photograph should be attested by the Group A or Group B officer of the Central Government or Government of Tamil Nadu or the Head of the Institution last studied. The image attached to the OMR need not be attested.
The list of documents that have to be attached along with the application form are listed below:
- HSC Mark sheet or any other equivalent examination mark sheet
- class 10th Mark sheet
- Certificate for proof of study from VIII standard to XII standard
- Transfer certificate
- class 12th examination Admit card
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card
- Special category form(s) with Demand Drafts and relevant certificates (if applicable)
- First graduate certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate belonging to ST category must produce Community Certificate (Community Certificate obtained from other State will not be accepted, thus, candidates will be given admission under general category).
Instructions for Photograph
- Two recent passport size photographs in a light background should be clicked.
- The photograph should be clicked on or after 1st April 2018.
- The candidate should be holding a placard with his/her name on it and the date. Both of these should be clear.
- The photograph pasted on the OMR form should not be attested.
All applicants must make sure to take fill the application form correctly and pay the application form in the form of a demand draft. The name of the candidate should be there on the back of the demand draft. The application form has to be sent to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai -10.