The Directorate of Nursing, Odisha will be releasing the Odisha GNM/ANM Merit List 2019. The list for the GNM course will release in the first week of the September whereas, the ANM the list will release in the last week of August 2019. The list will be released on the official website. After which the students whose names will be there on the list are expected to report at their assigned Nodal centers to submitting their part course Training fees. There will be three lists in total that the website will be released based on the vacancies of the seats. All the government college seats and 85% seats of the private institutions will be allotted through the common merit-based system. Hence, in this article, we will provide all details about Odisha GNM and ANM 2019 Merit List.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
There are further instructions and information about the Orissa ANM and GNM Rank List 2019, for which the candidates are requested to read the entire article.
Check – GNM Nursing 2019
Odisha GNM/ANM Merit List 2019 – Important Dates
The Nursing Council Odisha is responsible for conducting the admission process. However, we have provided the tentative dates here. Candidates can get an idea about the dates. Once, the dates are published, candidates will be notified here.
|Name of the event||The date for the GNM Course||The date for the ANM Course|
Release date of the Provisional Merit List and seat allotment for the 1st round
Reporting Date at the Nodal centers for the first round of admissions
|05.09.2019 to 07.09.2019||12.09.2019 to 18.09.2019|
Release date of the Provisional Merit List and seat allotment for the 2nd round
Date for Reporting at the Nodal Center for second round counseling with course fees for 2nd round
|18.09.2019 to 20.09.2019||26.09.2019 to 28.09.2019|
Release date of the seat allotment for the selected candidates for the 3rd round
The date for Reporting at the Nodal Center for second round counseling with course fees for the 3rd round
|27.09.2019 to 29.09.2019||04.10.2019 to 06.10.2019|
Reporting at the institution for the Admission
|01.10.2019 to 06.10.2019||09.10.2019 to 12.10.2019|
Admission of the students against the Vacant seats of 85% of Govt. Quota seats
|22.10.2019 to 31.10.2019||22.10.2019 to 31.10.2019|
Commencement of classes
Uploading Data against Management Quota Seats
|01.11.2019 to 30.11.2019||01.11.2019 to 30.11.2019|
Selection Procedure of Nursing doho Odisha GNM/ANM 2019
Since the Nursing Council of Odisha does not conduct any Entrance Exam. Therefore, the selection of the candidates takes place on the basis of the 10th and 12th marks. A combined merit list will be prepared, soon after the completion of the application form.
How to check the GNM and ANM Merit List, Odisha 2019?
The step by step Process for checking the merit list is as follows-
- Go to the official website of the Directorate of Nursing, Odisha.
- Click on the link available on the website for downloading the merit list.
- The Merit List will appear on the screen.
- Go through the merit list and look for your name.
Check – Gujarat Nursing Admission 2019
Details Available in the Odisha GNM/ ANM Merit List 2019
The Merit List for the 2019 GNM and ANM admission, Odisha will be holding the following details-
- Name of the Candidate
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- 10th and 12th Marks
- 50% of 10th and 12th Marks
- Total Educational Percent
- Experience in Service ASHA
- Total ASHA Percent
- Total Percent
- The rank of the Candidate Category-Wise
Odisha GNM/ANM Merit List 2019
Merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the collective intermediate marks. The criteria for which is given below:
- For calculating immediate marks, 50% of the percentage of marks secured in 10th or an equivalent examination and 50% of the percentage of marks secured in 10+2 or an equivalent examination will be taken into consideration. Together the average marks will form the collective immediate percentage on the basis of which the candidate will be ranked on the list.
- First preference will be given to the science students with biology as a major subject in 12th grade. The second preference will be given to the non-medical science students. After that the non-science stream ( i.e., commerce and arts) students will be taken into consideration.
- ASHA candidates will be given an extra 2% marks for each completed year of social service, subject to maximum 20% additional marks which will be added to their marks secured in the merit list.They will be allowed to pursue the course in Government as well as in Private Nursing Institutions according to their preference as well as rank in the merit list.
Tie-Breaking Criteria of Odisha 2019 GNM/ANM Final Merit List
In case two students are having equal immediate marks, inter-se merit will be taken into consideration in order of preference given below.
- Qualifying stream.
- English marks in 10+2 exam.
- Seniority in date of birth.
Reserved seats in the Orissa GNM and ANM Merit list 2019
Reservations are done as per the Orissa Reservations of Vacancies Act. The reservations for the Odisha GNM 2019 Merit list is as follows :
- 22.5% for ST
- 16.25% for SC
- 3% for Physically challenged
- 3% for Ex-servicemen
- 5% for Green card holder
If in case eligible candidates from reserved categories are unavailable, then the UR Category Candidates will get the seats.
Check – Nursing Entrance Examinations
Odisha GNM and ANM 2019 Nursing Seat Allotment Process
The Orissa Nursing Seat Allotment 2019 Process starts soon after the publication of the provisional Merit List. The seat allotment process has 3 rounds depending upon the availability of the seats. Here are some of the important details regarding the seat allotment process:
- The merit list will be the basis of seat allotment.
- The seat allotment will be available on the official website. Apart from that, you will get an SMS Alert on your contact details.
- The candidates must download the intimation letter of 1st Round seat allotment.
- The candidates must download their intimation letter of 1st Round seat allotment. To download, Login using Applicant Login. Report the center with the intimation letter.
- The 2nd Round & 3rd Round Seat Allotments are Auto up-gradation Round. The Candidates may get seats for their higher college choices based on their ranking in the 2019 Orissa ANM and GNM Merit List. Thus, the candidates must report at the institutions only after the 3rd Round Seat Allotment.
- The Candidates, who have been freshly allotted seats in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds, need to deposit their Part Course Fees at the Nodal centers.
- The Candidates who have already submitted the Part Course Fees in Round 1 / Round 2 must download their Intimation Letter only to know the seat allotment status. They don’t need to go to the Nodal Centre for depositing the Part Course Fees.
- All the Candidates who have paid the Part Course Fees must report at the Institution. Candidates must carry the Intimation Letter.
Nursing Odisha Previous Year Merit List
Here, we have provided you the Odisha GNM/ANM 2018 Merit List. Candidates can click on the link to check the merit list details.
Since the Merit List is available in PDF Format. Therefore, you can download it easily.
Check – BHU B.Sc Nursing 2019
The Merit List will be available in the first week of August 2019. If you have any queries, then comment on the section.