The Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research has released the JIPMER PG 2020 Admission Notification. The Online Registration Process has been started on 18th September 2019. However, the last date to fill and submit the application form is 25th October 2019 up to 5:00 pm. The Entrance Exam will take place on 8th December 2019. The JIPMER PG 2020 Admission for January Session will include the filling of the application form, exam, merit, and counseling. But before that, you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria for JIPMER Post Graduate Admission. Hence, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the JIPMER PG 2020. Therefore go through the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of JIPMER PG 2020
- The JIPMER Post-Graduate Admission is conducted only for the Post Graduate Courses.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research is the conducting body of the entrance exam.
- The Entrance Examination will be done in two sessions- January and July.
- The Application Form has been released on 18th September 2019. The last date to submit the form is 25th October 2019.
- The JIPMER 2020 Post Graduate Entrance Test will take place on 8th December 2019.
- Lastly, the complete admission Process is online. The Entrance Examination offers admission in MD/MS Courses.
The JIPMER PG Application Form 2020 has been released on 18th September 2019. The last date to submit the form is 25th October 2019.
Check AIIMS PG 2020
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates
The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute has released the Post Graduate Admission Dates for January Session. Please check the dates below-
Exam Dates of JIPMER PG for January 2020 Session
|The Release of the Online Application Form||18th September 2019|
|Closing Date of the Application Form||25th October 2019|
|Issuance of the Admit Card||13th November 2019 to 8th December 2019|
|Exam Date of JIPMER PG 2020||8th December 2019|
|The Release of the Merit List||On or Before 18th December 2019|
Counselling for Choosing Schedule
|OPH/Foreign National/Sponsored (Tentative)||26th December 2019 (Thursday) 8:00 am|
|First Round of Counselling||27th January 2020 (Friday) 8:00 am|
|Second Round of Counselling||8th January 2020 (Wednesday) 8:00 am|
|Third Round Counselling||5th February 2020 (Wednesday) 8:00 am|
|Final Round Counselling||26th February 2020 (Wednesday) 8:00 am|
|Admission Formalities||30th December 2019 (Monday)|
|Issuance of Admission Letter and Hostel Accommodation||31st December 2019 (10:00 am)|
|Commencement of the Course||1st January 2020 (Wednesday) 9:00 am|
|Closing Date of Admission||29th February 2020 (Saturday)|
Check FMGE 2020
Exam Dates of JIPMER PG for July 2020 session
|The Release of the Online Application Form||February 2020|
|Closing Date of the Application Form||March 2020|
|Issuance of the Admit Card||April 2020|
|Exam Date of JIPMER PG 2020||April 2020|
|The Release of the Merit List||April 2020|
|First Round of Counselling||May 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling||June 2020|
|Third Round Counselling||June 2020|
|Final Round Counselling||August 2020|
|Admission Formalities||June 2020|
|Issuance of Admission Letter and Hostel Accommodation||June 2020|
|Commencement of the Course||July 2020|
|Closing Date of Admission||August 2020|
Overview of JIPMER PG 2020
|Name of the Examination||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate and Medical Education and Research Postgraduate|
|Also Called as||JIPMER PG 2020|
|Courses Offered||Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD)|
|Mode of the Examination||Online (Single Session)|
|Level of the Examination||National|
|Types of Questions||Objective|
|Time Duration of the Examination||3 Hours (10:-00 am to 1:00 pm)|
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must be a citizen of India, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Foreign National.
Academic Educational Qualification
Candidates must have an MBBS Degree or an equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Candidates must complete one year of compulsory rotating internship which must be completed by 31st December 2019.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
The Candidate must score a minimum of 55% marks (for Unreserved Category and OBC Category), and for SC/ST Candidates, the minimum qualifying marks are 50%. PWD Candidates must score the minimum qualifying marks of their respective category.
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
The JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form will be available online on the official website of JIPMER. The Mode of the application form is online. The Application Form will be generated for two sessions- January 2020 and July 2020. For January Session, the application form is available from 18th September 2019 to 25th October 2019. For July 2020 session, the application form will be available in the month of February 2020. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the application form.
The Online Form of JIPMER PG 2020 will be available for a limited period of time. Therefore, it is advised to fill in the application form before the closing date. The Application Form will carry all the details regarding you and the examination.
Download JIPMER MD/MS Prospectus 2020
How to Apply For JIPMER PG 2020 Online Form?
The step by step process to check the JIPMER PG 2020 Admission Form is as follows-
- In the Registration Process, candidates have to enter their basic details such as Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, and Captcha Code.
- Once you have submitted the details, the user id and password will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number and email-id.
- These will be your Login credentials. The credentials have to be kept safe as they can be used in many places.
Note- Candidates must note that the JIPMER PG User ID is a four-digit number and Password is a seven-digit numeric.
Entering the Candidate Details
Now that you have received the login credentials, now click on the “Go to Application Form” present on the above section of the Website. Go through the instructions before you start to fill the application form. However, the Online Form is divided into the following sections-
In this section, you will have to enter the following details-
- Name of the Applicant
- Son/Daughter of (Parent’s Name)
- Date of Birth and
- Are you a Puducherry Resident?
- Are you an Indian Candidate Sponsored by Central/State/Services or a Foreign National Candidate?
- Are you a Graduate (MBBS) from JIPMER?
- MBBS Degree recognized by MCI
- Name of the State Medical Council
- Medical Council Registration Number
- Name of College
- Name of the University
- Percentage of Marks
- Date/Expected Date of Completion of Internship Training
- Month and Year of Passing
Note – Candidates who will be completing their Internship after 31st December 2019 are not eligible to apply.
Permanent Address Details
- Address Details
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number and
- Alternate Mobile Number
ID Proof Details
- Proof ID and
- ID Number
Exam City Preference
The Exam City Preference is only indicative and subject to change. The Institute will finalize and allot the Institute on the basis of the preferences you have provided. However, you can choose up to 3 exam center choices.
Uploading Photograph and Signature
- You will have to upload scanned images of the Photograph and Signature
- The maximum size of the image is 80 Kb.
- The Scanned Image must be in JPEG/JPG Format.
After entering all the details carefully, make sure that you recheck all the details before submitting. The Application Form once submitted cannot be edited again. Enter the Captcha Code and Accept the Declaration and Submit.
Payment of the Online Application Fees
- After entering all the details, make the payment of the application form.
- The mode of the payment of the application fees is Online. The Payment Modes are- Credit/Debit Card/ Internet Banking.
- However, the cost of the application form varies from category to category. Check the fee details below.
Submission of the Application Form
- After filling the application form, check all the details and click on the submit button.
- Download and take the printout of the application and keep it safe until the admission procedure ends.
Application Fees of JIPMER PG 2020
|Category||Cost of the Application Fees|
|General (UR)/OCI/Sponsored||Rs 1500/- +Transaction Charges|
|OBC Category||Rs 1500/- +Transaction Charges|
|SC/ST Category||Rs 1200 + Transaction Charges|
|NRI Category||Rs 3000 + Transaction Charges|
|OPH||Exempted from the application fees|
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of JIPMER PG 2020 is very important. This will help the candidates in the exam preparation of JIPMER. The JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern is the combination of the Mode, Time Duration, Format of the questions etc.
The details of JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern is as follows-
- It is a Computer Based Test. This means that the exam will be conducted online.
- The Time Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours (180 Minutes)
- Total Number of Questions asked in the examination- 250 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Exam will be conducted in one shift only.
- The Mode of the Exam Language is English only.
- Questions will be asked from Clinical Sciences and Basic Clinical Sciences.
- 100 Questions will be asked from the Basic Clinical Sciences and 150 Questions will be asked from Clinical Sciences.
- For Each Correct Answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer, -1 mark will be deducted.
- Total Marks Allotted in the Examination is 1000 Marks.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam City Centres
The JIPMER PG 2019 Entrance Examination will be conducted in various cities in India. Candidates can choose only three exam cities in JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form. The JIPMER PG 2020 Entrance Examination is conducted in the following 10 cities-
|JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Cities|
- Applicants can choose only three exam cities.
- The Allotment of the Exam Center will be given on the basis of the first-cum-first service.
- The details of JIPMER 2020 Exam Centre will be printed on the JIPMER PG Admit Card 2020.
- The Venue of the Examination will be in the perimeter of 20 to 25 Kms from the main city.
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
The JIPMER PG Admit Card 2020 will be available online on the official website. The Admit Card serves as an Identity Proof for the candidates who are applying the examination. The Admit Card of JIPMER PG 2020 will be issued only to those candidates whose application form is accepted successfully. The expected date of releasing the Admit Card is 1st November 2020. Candidates can download the JIPMER MD/MS Hall Ticket 2020 by submitting their Registration ID and Password. Candidates have to carry a valid proof of identity along with the Admit Card. No candidate will not be allowed to appear the examination without an Admit Card.
Check NEET PG 2020
How to Download JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card?
The step by step procedure to download JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the official website of the JIPMER PG 2020.
- Click on the JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card Link and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Enter the required details – Registration ID and Password
- Click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take the printout of the admit card.
If there is any discrepancy in the details on the Admit card, then please contact the Exam Conducting Authority immediately before the date of the examination.
Details Printed on the Admit Card of JIPMER
The details that are printed on the Admit card is as follows-
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth of the candidate
- Photo and Signature of the candidate
- Date of the Examination
- Venue of the Examination
- Roll Number of the Candidate
- List of the Instructions followed by the candidate
JIPMER PG Result 2020
JIPMER PG Result 2020 will be available online soon after the completion of the Examination. The Result will be released in the form of the Merit List. Candidates who score more than the minimum qualifying marks will be eligible to participate in the counselling round.
JIPMER PG 2020 Merit List
The JIPMER Merit List of PG will be on the basis of the percentile score. The Minimum Qualifying Marks vary from category to category. In order to get selected for the further rounds, candidates have to score more than the minimum qualifying marks. On the basis of the percentile scores, and the tie-breaking criteria, candidates will be ranked on the merit list. Candidates who have been shortlisted on the JIPMER PG Merit List 2020, will be called out for the further selection process of JIPMER PG 2020.
Minimum Qualifying Marks of JIPMER PG 2020
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)/ Inst/OCI/NRI/Sponsored||50%|
|Reserved Category (ST/SC/OBC/OPH)||40%|
Types of Merit List Released by JIPMER
The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Education Research will release the following Merit Lists based on the Percentile Scores-
- Overall Merit List
- Other Backward Classes Candidate Merit List
- Scheduled Caste Candidate Merit List
- Scheduled Tribe Candidate Merit List
- Institute Candidate Merit List
- OPH Candidate Merit List
- Sponsored Candidate Merit List
- Non-Resident Indian Candidate Merit List
Shortlisted Candidates will be called out for counselling 10 times of the number of seats available in each category.
JIPMER Post Graduate 2020- Counselling
The JIPMER Post Graduate 2020 Counselling will be conducted in offline mode. For January Session, the exam will be held from 19th December 2020 for July Session, the counselling will be conducted from 12th June 2020.
The Process of JIPMER PG Counselling comprises the following steps-
- Bio-metric Fingerprint Verification
- Image/Photo Verification
- Certificate Verification (Original/Bonafide Certificate)
- Seat Allotment
The Counselling Round will take place in various rounds as per the availability of the seats. To participate in the counselling round, candidates have to report the allotted venue at the given time and date. Candidates must carry the documents in original as well as self-attested. Selected candidates in the counselling round have to attend the Medical Examination and Verification Process. After the medical examination, candidates will be issued with an admission letter.
Documents Required at the time of JIPMER Post Graduae Counselling 2020
The Candidates must submit the following certificates in original along with one set of self-attested copies-
- Original Hall Ticket with the seal of the Invigilator.
- Rank Letter of the Candidate
- Certificate showing the Date of Birth
- MBBS Mark Sheet
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied.
- Migration Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- MBBS Degree or Provisional Pass Certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Medical Registration Certificate
- Residence Certificate Issued by the Revenue Authority
- Caste Certificate
- Service Candidate should produce a NOC/Relieving Order and a certificate granting a study leave
- Proof of Registration as an OCI
- Medical Certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged Candidates.
- Passport Size Photograph- 4
The JIPMER PG Exam is conducted in two sessions – January and July 2020. The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Education and Research offers admission in various Post Graduate Courses. The Admission Procedure of the applicants includes the filling of the application form, entrance examination, declaration of the Merit List result and the counseling round.
Hence, if you have queries regarding JIPMER PG 2020 Exam, then please comment on the section below.