Kerala GNM Nursing Admission 2020: Note that the Kerala DME has released the GNM Application Form 2020, candidates can download it through the link provided below. Further, do check out the prospectus for details about the course and the admission procedure. The Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Kerala will be conducting the admission process. Wherein, note that only SC/ST candidates are eligible for this admission process. Moreover, the admission process is based on the total marks secured in part III optional subject at 10+2 or equivalent examination. In addition, GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) is a three-year diploma course. This course deals with the education of nurses in nursing, midwifery, and general healthcare. The selected candidates will be further eligible for admission to the nursing schools of Kerala. For details regarding Kerala GNM Nursing Admission 2020, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Soon after the completion of the application process, the merit list result will be announced. The result will be announced soon. Keep checking the concerning websites for updates.
- Kerala GNM Application Form has been released by the authorities, the interested candidates can apply now. Note that the form must be filled correctly and submitted before the due date. In addition, the prospectus has also been released containing all the necessary information about the admission procedure. – Kerala GNM Prospectus 2020
Kerala GNM Nursing Admission 2020
Kerala GNM Admission is an excellent opportunity for the aspirants of General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM). This course prepares professionals, who are efficient members of medical and health teams. Thus, GNM graduates are capable of dealing with competencies in both hospitals and other such organizations. The total number of seats for the GNM course is 90. Further, the seats are distributed in the following manner.
|S.No||Name of Institution||No. of Seats|
|1||Govt. College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram||30 for SC candidates only|
|2||Govt. College of Nursing, Kozhikode||30 for SC candidates only|
|3||Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam||*30 for ST candidates only|
Furthermore, if ST candidates are not available, then SC candidates will be considered. However, it will be available in the last allotment process and for 20 seats only. There are 20% of the seats reserved for males in each college. It is as per G.O (Rt) No. 3635/2003/ H &FWD. Thus, female candidates are considered only in the absence of male candidates.
General Midwifery Kerala Eligibility Criteria 2020
Kerala GNM Course Eligibility Criteria is structured around the norms set by INC. Both male and female candidates can apply for this course. Further, you can refer to the points given below to check whether you are eligible or not.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination. The board should be recognized by Govt. of Kerala. You should also have an aggregate of 40% marks. Candidate should have passed the examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as additional subjects and English.
- 10+2 and ANM course students from INC approved schools are also eligible.
- Indian citizens of Kerala origin are eligible.
- Candidate should be 17 years old on 31/12/2020. He/she should not be above 35 years of age. Moreover, there is no age bar for ANM candidates.
Candidates with 40% to 50% physical disability have five percentage reservation. The candidates receive it only after complete the assessment.
Application Form for Kerala GNM Nursing Admission 2020
Kerala GNM Nursing Admission Application Form has to be sent through registered post only. Candidates cannot submit the form online. It has to reach “Director Directorate Of Medical Education, Medical College P.O. Thiruvananthapuram-11”. That has to be superscribed as “Application for Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery for the year 2020-2021”. Further, the form is available on the official site, i.e www.dme.kerala.gov.in. It is available in
- Attested copies of S.S.L.C or equivalent certificate to prove the date of birth.
- Attach application fee receipt remitted in the treasury (original).
- Attested copies of recent conduct certificate. The certificate should be issued by the head of the institute.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of higher education.
- Proof of nativity
- Attested copy of a certificate of community in the form prescribed in G.O. (MS) 18/83/H&FWD dated 19-07-89. In addition, G.O. (P)2/90/ST/SC/DD dated 12-01-1990 obtained from the revenue authority concerned.
- Certificate of physical fitness from a Government Medical Officer not below the rank of Assistant Surgeon.
Do not submit the application form without relevant documents. Thus, make sure that all the documents are tagged properly. Candidates also need to submit an application fee of 100 rupees. They need to remit it in the same treasury head of account of 0210-03-105-99. Furthermore, submit treasuring chalan (original) along with application form.
Allotment of Seats for Kerala GNM Admission 2020
GNM Allotment of Seats 2020 will be conducted by DME (Directorate of Medical Education). They use a centralized allotment process for it. The updates will be there in Malayalam dailies. Moreover, check the official site for updates. The allotment process will be carried out according to the rank at the time of counselling. Candidates failing to appear for counseling can forfeit his/her chance for admission. In case of emergency, a guardian or authorized person can act as a proxy. At the risk of production of authorization letter attested by the candidate. For a smooth Admission Process in Kerala, GNM colleges follow all the rules. Moreover, the director of Medical Education will publish the GNM Kerala Merit List 2020. The director will allot candidate provisionally to any of the institutes in the state.
GNM 2020 Merit List of Kerala
The Director of Medical Education will publish the rank list. Moreover, a Merit List consists of the names of all the selected candidates. Thus, the names of candidates present on the GNM 2020 Merit List will get admitted. You can also check the official site (www.dme.kerala.gov.in) for updates. This list helps in segregating candidates on the basis of merit. Therefore, it makes further processes hustle-free. Hence, the Kerala GNM Nursing Rank list consists of name, application number and other details of candidates. It makes it easier for candidates to check it and find their names.
Kerala 2020 GNM Nursing Counselling
The Kerala General Midwifery Counselling process will begin after the release of the Merit List. All the selected candidates have to appear for the counselling process. The failure of the same may lead to the cancelation of candidature. Moreover, candidates will be allotted seats in accordance with this. The Director of Medical Education will provide a joining date. Thus, as per that candidates have to join the respective college. The government has approved this prospectus. Although, in case of any changes, we will notify you about the same.