Kerala GNM Counselling 2019 will start soon after the release of merit list. The dates of allotment or counselling are not given by DME yet. However, dates will be notified by the officials in Leading Malayalam dailies. Moreover, it will be available on the official site as well. All the selected candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Kerala GNM Nursing Admission 2019 is completely based on GNM Kerala Counselling 2019. Furthermore, you can skip counselling in case of emergency, by using alternatives. For knowing what all can be done, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Kerala General Nursing & Midwifery Counselling 2019
Make sure that you appear on the correct date and at the right time for GNM/ANM Kerala 2019 Counselling. The candidate will not get a seat as per rank in case of unavailability. Therefore, make sure you are in the right place at the right time. Further, candidates guardians or parents can act as a proxy, in case of an emergency. However, this can be done at the risk of a candidate on the production of an authorization letter. The form is given in the Annexure-IV. This letter will be valid for the entire allotment process unless a candidate revokes in writing.
|Institution Name||No. of Seats|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Kozhikode||30 for SC candidates only|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram||30 for SC candidates only|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam||*30 for ST candidates only|
During the process, the seats will be allotted in the above-stated colleges only. Moreover, you can check out the seats reserved for each category. These course seats are available for only SC/ST candidates. Further, in the absence of ST candidates, SC candidates will be eligible for the seats. It will take place only for 20 seats. Do not forget to check Kerala GNM/ANM Nursing Merit List 2019 for checking that whether you are eligible for counselling or not.
GNM Nursing 2019 Kerala Selection Procedure
The Kerala GNM Selection Procedure 2019 will be under the control of a selection committee. Thus, their decisions will be final. The Director of Medical Education will publish the list of selected candidates. It will be valid until the last date of admission as notified by the Indian Nursing Council. Further, the members of the selection committee are as follows.
- Director of Medical Education (Chairman)
- Joint Director of Nursing Education (Convenor)
- Registrar KNMC
- Director, PIPMS
- Principal, Government College of Nursing, Thiruvanthanapuram/ Kozhikode/ Kottayam
These members will regulate Kerala 2019 GNM Nursing Counselling Process. It is their responsibility to segregate candidates appropriately. They make sure that the candidates get what they deserve.
DME GNM Nursing Counselling 2019 – Documents Required
You need to submit certain documents at the time of DME Kerala 2019 GNM Nursing Counselling. Candidates failing to do so may lose out their seats. Thus, make sure that you carry along with all the required documents. Do not miss out on any of the documents mentioned below.
- An undertaking has to be given to serve the government for one year. It has to be done if, ‘Government so Desire’ after passing this course. The specimen copy of this undertaking is given in Annexure-III.
- You also need to submit a declaration. It is given in the form in Annexure-I. Moreover, you need to sign it. The parents or guardians have to attest it as well. Candidate and their parent or guardian have to submit a combined undertaking. In addition, it has to be given at the time of admission/counselling. The format is given in Annexure-II.
- The Principal of Government College of Nursing, Kottayam / Thiruvanthananpuram / Kozhikode have the right to refuse admission. The final decision will be of the Director of Medical Education. The candidate will be under the disciplinary control of the concerned college. This will happen during the training period.
- If produced certificates are false, then authorities can cancel the admission.
- Further, it can be done if a candidate is involved in a criminal case.
- Their official site is www.dme.kerala.gov.in
- The admission is completely based on merit.
- There are in total 90 seats for this course.
- It will be a 3-year course including internship. Moreover, the maximum period for completion of this course is 6 years.
- In case of a tie in total aggregate of optional subjects, higher marks in English will get the higher rank. Further, if still there are a tie, then higher total marks in 10+2 or equivalent exam with rank higher. Furthermore, further if still there is a tie, then the candidate elder will be ranked higher.
- The Indian Nursing Council will confirm course syllabus.
There are a lot of opportunities for GNM Nursing graduates. Candidates can either go for higher studies or can find a decent job. You have plenty of options as a GNM graduate. The opportunities are not only in India but also abroad. Furthermore, you can utilize your capabilities in various employment areas. The employment areas you can work in are as follows.
- Rural Health Centers
- Old Age Homes
- Community Health Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Private hospitals/clinics
- Government Dispensaries
- Armed Forces
- Education Institutions
Candidates can jump into various employment areas. They can work for different purposes such as teaching or research work. Some of the private and government job opportunities available are as follows.
- Forensic Nursing
- Teacher & Junior Lecturer
- Staff Nurse
- ICU Nurse
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Midwife Nurse
- Sale-Purchase Assistant
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Community Health Nurse
Q1. What is the date of Kerala GNM Nursing 2019 Counselling?
Ans. It is not out yet. Candidates can check it on Malayalam dailies and on the official site.
Q2. Is there any fee for Kerala 2019 GNM Nursing Counselling?
Ans. No fee has been prescribed by the officials.
Q3. What is the order in which candidates are called for counselling?
Ans. Candidates are called as per their rank, mentioned in the 2019 Kerala GNM Merit List.
Q4. Am I eligible for this course, if a criminal case is in the court in my name?
Ans. No; Moreover, if you try to submit false certificates for admission then your admission will be canceled at whatever stage it is found.
Q5. What if there is an emergency and I cannot attend Kerala ANM/GNM Nursing Counselling 2019?
Ans. Your parents or guardians can act as a proxy. However, you are supposed to submit certain documents which are mentioned in the article.