Kerala GNM Counselling 2020: The Directorate of Medical Education, Kerala will appoint a selection committee for carrying out the process of counselling. Moreover, the time, venue and date details will be notified by the officials in Leading Malayalam dailies. The details will be present on the official website as well. All the selected candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Further, the Kerala GNM Nursing Admission process will be carried out on the basis of Kerala GNM Counselling 2020. Furthermore, you can skip counselling in case of an emergency, by using alternatives. For knowing what all can be done, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Kerala GNM Counselling 2020
Make sure that you appear on the correct date and at the right time for GNM/ANM Kerala 2020 Counselling. The candidate will not get a seat as per rank in case of unavailability. Therefore, make sure you are in the right place at the right time. Further, candidates guardians or parents can act as a proxy, in case of an emergency. However, this can be done at the risk of a candidate on the production of an authorization letter. The form is given in the Annexure-IV. This letter will be valid for the entire allotment process unless a candidate revokes in writing.
|Institution Name||No. of Seats|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Kozhikode||30 for SC candidates only|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram||30 for SC candidates only|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam||*30 for ST candidates only|
During the process, the seats will be allotted in the above-stated colleges only. Moreover, you can check out the seats reserved for each category. These course seats are available for only SC/ST candidates. Further, in the absence of ST candidates, SC candidates will be eligible for the seats. It will take place only for 20 seats. Do not forget to check Kerala GNM/ANM Nursing Merit List 2020 for checking that whether you are eligible for counselling or not. The counselling notice of 2019 session is given below, in the same format, a counselling notification will be released for the 2020 session.
Download: Kerala GNM 2019 Counselling Notification
GNM Nursing 2020 Kerala Selection Procedure
The Kerala GNM Selection Procedure 2020 will be under the control of a selection committee. Thus, their decisions will be final. The Director of Medical Education will publish the list of selected candidates. It will be valid until the last date of admission as notified by the Indian Nursing Council. Further, the members of the selection committee are as follows.
- Director of Medical Education (Chairman)
- Joint Director of Nursing Education (Convenor)
- Registrar KNMC
- Director, PIPMS
- Principal, Government College of Nursing, Thiruvanthanapuram/ Kozhikode/ Kottayam
These members will regulate Kerala 2020 GNM Nursing Counselling Process. It is their responsibility to segregate candidates appropriately. They make sure that the candidates get what they deserve.
DME GNM Nursing Counselling 2020 – Documents Required
You need to submit certain documents at the time of DME Kerala 2020 GNM Nursing Counselling. Candidates failing to do so may lose out their seats. Thus, make sure that you carry all the required documents along to the venue. Do not miss out on any of the documents mentioned below.
- An undertaking has to be given to serve the government for one year. It has to be done if, ‘Government so Desire’ after passing this course. The specimen copy of this undertaking is given in Annexure-III.
- You also need to submit a declaration. It is given in the form of Annexure-I. Moreover, you need to sign it. The parents or guardians have to attest it as well. Candidate and their parent or guardian have to submit a combined undertaking. In addition, it has to be given at the time of admission/counselling. The format is available in Annexure-II.
- The Principal of Government College of Nursing, Kottayam / Thiruvanthananpuram / Kozhikode have the right to refuse admission. The final decision will be of the Director of Medical Education. The candidate will be under the disciplinary control of the concerned college. This will happen during the training period.
- If produced certificates are false, then authorities can cancel the admission.
- Further, it can be done if a candidate is involved in a criminal case.
- Their official site is www.dme.kerala.gov.in
- The admission is completely based on merit.
- There are in total 90 seats for this course.
- It will be a 3-year course including internship. Moreover, the maximum period for completion of this course is 6 years.
- In the case of a tie in total aggregate of optional subjects, higher marks in English will get a higher rank. Further, if still there are a tie, then higher total marks in 10+2 or equivalent exam with rank higher. Furthermore, further if still there is a tie, then the candidate elder will be ranked higher.
- The Indian Nursing Council will confirm the course syllabus.
There are a lot of opportunities for GNM Nursing graduates. Candidates can either go for higher studies or can find a decent job. You have plenty of options as a GNM graduate. The opportunities are not only in India but also abroad. Furthermore, you can utilize your capabilities in various employment areas. The employment areas you can work in are as follows.
- Rural Health Centers
- Old Age Homes
- Community Health Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Private hospitals/clinics
- Government Dispensaries
- Armed Forces
- Education Institutions
Candidates can jump into various employment areas. They can work for different purposes such as teaching or research work. Some of the private and government job opportunities available are as follows.
- Forensic Nursing
- Teacher & Junior Lecturer
- Staff Nurse
- ICU Nurse
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Midwife Nurse
- Sale-Purchase Assistant
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Community Health Nurse