Kerala GNM Nursing Application Form 2021: The Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Kerala releases the application form. Further, the candidates have to send it through post along with a few documents. You can get it offline as well. The admission in this course is based on 10+2 performance. Therefore, no entrance examination is conducted. Moreover, note that only SC/ ST candidates are eligible to fill this form. It is a 3-year diploma course, which deals with the education of nursing, midwifery, and healthcare. Candidates who cannot collect Kerala GNM Nursing Application Form 2021 directly from the institution can download it and post it. Before filling the form, do check all the tiny details related to Kerala GNM Admission Process 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Kerala GNM Nursing Application Form 2021
The application forms of previous years are not accepted. Therefore, candidates should ensure that they download the form, from the official website only. Candidates further have to submit Rs. 100/- as application fee. The amount has to remit in the same treasury head of account of 0210-03-105-99. You need to submit the original treasuring chalan along with the filled Kerala General Nursing and Midwifery Application Form. There are 90 seats in total for this course, which are only for SC/ ST students. Further, the seat distribution along with the respective college name is given in the table below.
|S.No.||Institution Name||No. of Seats|
|1||Govt. College of Nursing, Kozhikode||30 for SC candidates only|
|2||Govt. College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram||30 for SC candidates only|
|3||Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam||*30 for ST candidates only|
Check Application Form – Kerala GNM Application Form PDF
Before filling the application form, you should have in-depth knowledge about Kerala GNM Nursing Admission Process. If any candidate is found to be ineligible at any stage of the admission process, then his/ her candidature shall be cancelled. In addition, 20% of the seats are reserved for males in each college. Furthermore, if enough males do not turn up, then female candidates do have a chance.
Kerala GNM Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
It is necessary for each applicant to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Candidates must also have the relevant documents for the same. Furthermore, the prescribed Kerala GNM 2021 Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- The eligibility criteria are set according to the norms of INC.
- Both males and females can apply for General Nursing and Midwifery course in Kerala colleges.
- The candidate should be a 10+2 or equivalent examination pass. Moreover, the board has to be recognized by the government of Kerala.
- An aggregate of 40% is a must with physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Further, 10+2 and ANM students from INC approve schools can also apply.
- The candidate should be 17 years old on 31/12/2021. He/ she should not be above 35 years of age.
- Only Indian citizens of Kerala origin are eligible.
- There is no age bar for ANM students.
- Candidates with 40% to 50% of physical disability have a 5% reservation. It is provided only after complete the assessment.
How to Download Kerala GNM/ ANM Nursing Application Form?
Kerala GNM Nursing Admission Form is released in online mode on the DME, Kerala official website. It has to be sent through a registered post. The form has to reach “Director Directorate Of Medical Education, Medical College P.O. Thiruvananthapuram-11″. Moreover, mention “Application for Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery for the year 2021-2022” on the envelope. Further, candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the application form.
- Visit the Official Website, i.e www.dme.kerala.gov.in.
- Click on the What’s New section at the top of the home page.
- Find the link to GNM Admission 2021-2022 Application Form
- Click on it and then the form shall open in the other window.
- There shall be a download button on the top of it. Click on that and download your form.
Further, take a printout of that. Fill the form carefully and attach all the required documents.
Documents to be attached with GNM Nursing Kerala Application Form
There are a few documents that have to be attached with the application form. Note that forms without the required documents are not acceptable. The list of documents that a candidate must have are as follow:
- Proof of nativity
- Attested copies of S.S.L.C or equivalent certificate to prove the date of birth.
- Application Fee receipt remitted in treasury (original)
- Attested copies of mark sheets of higher education
- Attested copy of a certificate of community in the form prescribed in G.O. (MS) 18/83/H&FWD dated 19-07-89. In addition, G.O. (P)2/90/ST/SC/DD dated 12-01-1990 obtained from the revenue authority concerned.
- Recent conduct certificate attested copies. Wherein, the certificate has to be issued by the head of the institution.
- Certificate of physical fitness, issued by a government medical officer, who is not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon.
Check – WB Nursing Application Form
Kerala GNM Nursing 2021 Seat Allotment
The DME (Directorate of Medical Education), Kerala carries out the admission process. They use a centralized allotment process for seat allotment. The candidate has to submit documents on time and appear for the counselling process. Candidates failing to appear for counselling may lose their seats to some other candidate. However, in case of emergency, guardians and authorized persons can act as a proxy. The updates are there in Malayalam dailies. You can even check the official website for the same. Further, the director of medical education releases the Merit List for GNM Admission 2021. Moreover, the director admits candidates provisionally to any of the institutes in the state.
Kerala GNM 2021 Merit List
It is a list of names of all the candidates who have cleared the exam. The GNM Rank List is made available on the official website of the nursing council of Kerala website. The candidates have to click on the link to it for checking it. Candidates whose names are not on the list are not eligible for admission. The officials carry out the round of counselling on the basis of the Kerala 2021 GNM Merit List. The officials do not send any notification regarding its release date. Moreover, only the merit list students can appear for the counselling. Candidates are called for counselling as per their ranks only.