KCET Counselling 2020: The candidates who meet the cutoff shall be able to participate in the KCET counselling 2020. In the counselling rounds held by the exam conducting body, candidates will be allotted seats in the preferred branch and course of the candidate. The exam conducting body will organize the counselling in online mode. Candidates will first have to participate in the online procedure and then report at the various reporting centres for document verification. Once the documents have been verified, students will be given a verification slip after which they will be asked to enter the choice of college and courses.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
The KEA CET Counselling will be held in two rounds and if needed there will be a spot round or additional round as well. Candidates will be called for counselling based on their merit/ rank. After being allotted seats, candidates will be required to go to the institute and get the documents verified.
KEA CET Counselling Schedule 2020
In order to check the KCET Counselling Date, check the table available below.
|KCET 2020 Counselling and Document Verification||2nd week of June 2020|
|Option Entry||2nd week of July 2020|
|Mock Allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
|Changing of Selected Options||3rd week of July 2020|
|Declaration of Seat Allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
|Final Date to Report at Allotted Institutes||3rd week of July 2020|
|KCET 2020 Counselling Round 2||4th week of July 2020|
|Allotment for Round 2||4th week of July 2020|
|SPOT Round/ Second Extended Round||1st to 2nd week of August 2020|
|Allotment of Seats||2nd week of August 2020|
|Reporting to Allotted Institute||2nd week of August 2020|
Procedure For KCET Counselling 2020
The following steps will be involved in the counselling and seat allotment procedure of KCET. There are 4 steps involved in the entire kea.kar.nic.in cet counselling procedure 2020:
- Document Verification and registration
Candidates will be required to reach the allotted counselling centre as per the given schedule. After the documents have been verified, candidates will be issued a verification slip and only then the candidates will be able to participate in the option entry round. After verification candidates will be given a unique ID and password.
- Choice filling and Locking
The candidate has to fill in the choices of college and course that he/ she wants to opt for. Candidates must choose the college-course combination according to his/ her preference. He/ she must remember that options entered by them for the first round will remain constant for all the remaining rounds of seat allotment. After the final submission, no changes will be allowed to be made.
- Seat Allotment
Candidates will be allotted a seat according to their ranks in the merit list and their college and course preference. Candidates will be required to login and download the seat allotment letter.
4. Reporting to Allotted Institute
Qualified candidates will be required to report to the allotted institute with the required documents and the seat allotment letter. The admission of each candidate will be confirmed only after the payment of admission fees.
Documents For KEA CET Verification
All those who are participating in the KCET counselling will be required to bring the below-listed documents for verification:
- Print out of KCET 2020 Application Form
- Proof of Application Fee Payment
- KCET 2020 Admit Card
- SSLC/ 10th Standard Marks Card
- 2nd PUC/ 12th Standard Marks Card
- Study Certificate Countersigned by the concerned BEO/ DDPI
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Any other applicable document
KCET Seat Reservation 2020
There is a certain number of seats reserved for some category candidates in the government institutes coming under the KEA. Candidates claiming seats under the below-listed categories must make sure that they fulfill all the seat reservation criteria.
KCET Seat reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Students claiming seats under this quota must make sure that they have the required documents for these categories. Reservation is made in favour of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B.
KCET Seat Reservation for Rural candidates
- 15% of the Government seats will be reserved horizontally in favour of rural candidates who have studied for 10 full academic years from 1st Standard to 10th Standard in educational institutions situated in places in the State of Karnataka other than a larger urban area, smaller urban area or transitional area
KCET Seat Reservation for Kannada Medium candidates
- 5% of the Government seats will be reserved horizontally in favour of the Kannada medium candidates who have studied TEN full academic years in Kannada medium from 1st Standard to 10th Standard.
KCET Seat Reservation for Ward of Jammu and Kashmir Migrants
- Reservation is made in favour of the son/ daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants, who satisfy the eligibility condition for Government seats.
KCET Seat Reservation for Hyderabad-Karnataka region Candidates
- The part of the State called the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region comprising the districts of Bidar, Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal, and Bellary shall be regarded as the local area.
- 70% of the available seats in every course of study in any regional University or educational institution located in the places referred above in the local area shall be reserved in favour of the local persons, in respect of such University or education institution.
- 8% of the available seats in every course of study provided in a statewide University or a statewide educational institution be allocated among the local candidates of the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region.