KCET Counselling 2020: This year the fees and the seat-matrix ratio will remain the same as it was for the academic year 2019-2020. Due to the pandemic, the Karnataka government has decided to hold the counselling process completely online. The candidates who meet the cutoff shall be able to participate in the KCET counselling 2020. In the counselling rounds, candidates will be allotted seats in the preferred branch and course as per their choices. The exam conducting body will organize the counselling in online mode. Candidates will first have to participate in the online procedure and then report at the various reporting centres for document verification. After the successful verification of documents, the authorities will give a verification slip to fill their choice of course & college.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
The KEA CET Counselling takes place in two rounds. Further, as per the needs, the authority can hold spot round as well as additional round too. Candidates have to appear for counselling on the basis of their merit/ rank. After the allotment of seats, candidates have to go to the institute and participate in the further admission process.
The UGCET-2020 Second Round Option Entry for Engineering and Other Courses Is Now Open! Apply Now.
The UG CET -2020 First Round Allotment Result Has Been Declared! Check Here!
KEA CET Counselling Schedule 2020
In order to check the KCET Counselling Date, check the table available below.
|Option Entry for Seat Allotment||22nd Nov to 25th Nov 2020 (11 AM)|
|Declaration of Mock Allotment Results||26th Nov 2020|
|Provision to change options if any by candidates||26th to 28th Nov 2020|
|Release of Final Allotment Result||29th Nov 2020|
|Confirmation of Choices on Allotment||30th Nov 2020|
|Payment of Fees and downloading of admission order||30th NOv 2020|
|Last Date for Reporting in The College||2nd Dec 2020|
|1st Round Of Allotment Result||2nd Dec 2020|
Procedure for KCET Counselling 2020
The following steps will be involved in the counselling and seat allotment procedure of KCET. The kea.kar.nic.in cet counselling procedure 2020 consists of 4 steps.
Step 1: Document Verification and registration
Candidates have to reach the counselling centre as per the given schedule. After the verification of documents, the authorities will give a verification slip andidates have to participate in the option entry round. After verification, candidates will be given a unique ID and password.
Step 2: Choice filling and Locking
The candidate has to fill in the choices of college and course that he/ she wants to opt for. Candidates must choose the college-course combination according to his/ her preference. He/ she must remember that options entered by them for the first round will remain constant for all the remaining rounds of seat allotment. After the final submission, no changes can be made.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
The allotment of seats is on the basis of the candidate’s rank in the merit list as well as the candidate’s choices. Candidates have to login and download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4: Reporting to Allotted Institute
Candidates have to report to the allotted institute with the required documents and the seat allotment letter. The admission of each candidate will be confirmed only after the payment of admission fees.
Documents for KEA CET Verification
All those who are participating in the KCET counselling have to bring the following documents for verification:
- Print out of KCET 2020 Application Form
- Proof of Application Fee Payment
- KCET 2020 Admit Card
- SSLC/ 10th Standard Marks Card
- 2nd PUC/ 12th Standard Marks Card
- Study Certificate Countersigned by the concerned BEO/ DDPI
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Any other applicable document
KCET Seat Reservation 2020
There is a certain number of seats for some category candidates in the government institutes coming under the KEA. Candidates claiming seats under the below-listed categories must make sure that they fulfill all the seat reservation criteria.
KCET Seat reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Students claiming seats under this quota must make sure that they have the required documents for these categories. Reservation is made in favour of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B.
KCET Seat Reservation for Rural candidates
- 15% of the Government seats will be reserved horizontally in favour of rural candidates who have studied for 10 full academic years from 1st Standard to 10th Standard in educational institutions situated in places in the State of Karnataka other than a larger urban area, smaller urban area or transitional area
KCET Seat Reservation for Kannada Medium candidates
- 5% of the Government seats will be reserved horizontally in favour of the Kannada medium candidates who have studied TEN full academic years in Kannada medium from 1st Standard to 10th Standard.
KCET Seat Reservation for Ward of Jammu and Kashmir Migrants
- Reservation is made in favour of the son/ daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants, who satisfy the eligibility condition for Government seats.
KCET Seat Reservation for Hyderabad-Karnataka region Candidates
- The part of the State called the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region comprising the districts of Bidar, Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal, and Bellary shall be regarded as the local area.
- 70% of the available seats in every course of study in any regional University or educational institution located in the places referred above in the local area shall be reserved in favour of the local persons, in respect of such University or education institution.
- 8% of the available seats in every course of study provided in a statewide University or a statewide educational institution be allocated among the local candidates of the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region.
In case you have any queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section.