Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET). It is conducted for admission to various Engineering Professional Courses in the state of Karnataka. Keeping this in mind that KCET 2020 is highly competitive. Forthwith, the candidate must prepare accordingly. To put it differently, the knowledge of the question paper is must for the aspiring candidate. KCET Question Paper 2020 contains a total of 180 questions. Each question carrying one mark making a total of 180 marks. These 180 marks further bifurcate into three sections of 60 marks each. For the purpose of scoring better other key points of preparation are illustrated in this article.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
KCET 2020 Overview
Aspiring candidates must keep vigilant regarding the important information. We have provided information regarding the same. Let’s take a look at the broad view of the KCET Exam 2020. Check the table given below.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|KCET Official Website||kea.kar.nic.in|
|Frequency of Exam||Annual|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Date||April 2020|
Advantages of being familiar with Karnataka CET 2020 Question Paper
As a matter of fact, knowing the question paper helps the candidate big time. Along with the KCET 2020 Exam Pattern awareness of the KCET question paper is crucial as well. It provides one with the question frame in the paper. In other words, there are various aspects to the question paper itself. Let’s take discuss each of these after the other.
- The KCET Exam is offline exam i.e, OMR-Based
- The questions are of objective type. It consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). To clarify each question has four options from which only one is correct. The candidate should choose the correct option as a response.
- There is a total of 180 questions in the paper. Thereupon, these questions are divided equally into three papers which take place on different days.
- These paper being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60 questions each.
- Time allotted to attempt KCET Question Paper 2020 is 1 hour 20 minutes each. To put it another way, 80 minutes are at the dispense of the candidate for each paper.
- Each question carries one mark which makes a total of 180 marks.
- Each correct answer fetches 1 mark. However, there is no negative marking in the KCET Exam 2020. Therefore, no marks are deducted for an incorrect response. No marks are deducted for any unanswered question.
- Another key point is KCET 2020 Syllabus. It will not only provide you with the chapters the exam covers but also the important topics. Here are some chapters that the syllabus of KCET covers.
KCET Question Paper Syllabus
- Units and Measurements
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Kinetic Theory
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Ray Optics and Optical instruments
- Communication System
- Structure of Atoms
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Organic chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Coordinate Geometry
- Sets and Functions
- Statistics and Probability
- Application of Integrals
Benefits of KCET Mock Test
By all means, the practice of mock tests works wonders in itself in improving KCET Result. Moreover, the knowledge of KCET Question Paper/Sample Paper 2020 coupled with the practice of mock tests is of great benefit. For good preparation of the KCET Exam, the practice of model paper is a must. With each mock test, one can significantly come to a conclusion that on which areas more focus is needed. Accordingly, one can study those topics more to approach the KCET Cutoff.
It’s equally important to keep the track of time as well along with the accuracy of the answers. KCET Mock Papers are not only helpful in time management but also in maintaining accuracy level. In addition acing the time span provided is a deal-breaker in itself. It’s necessary to go through all the questions in the provided duration. Therefore, one can certainly achieve this via more and more practice of CET Mock Test.
About Karnataka CET 2020
KEA is governed by the Governing Council. This Council is chiefly headed by the Minister of Higher Education, Karnataka. KCET is conducted by KEA annually. It is for filling the seats of Technical Institutions in the state of Karnataka. Therefore, any candidate wishing to pursue B.Tech in Karnataka must go for this one. Henceforth, the aspirants matching the Eligibility Criteria of KCET 2020 can apply. Registration can be done by filling the KCET 2020 Application Form. The KCET 2020 registration form will be available on the official website of KEA. Consequently, the exam will take place in April 2020. Followed by the result and then KCET Counselling process.