Karnataka Exam Authority has released the first round allotment result. Earlier it has released the list of the candidates who were eligible and not eligible. Check the link below. The seat matrix is available for the selected candidates. Earlier the documents scheduled have been extended till 1st October for the candidates who got the ranks 100001 to the last rank. KCET Result 2020 was declared on 21st August as per the latest report. Through this test, candidates are selected for admission to various affiliated colleges of Karnataka both government and private. It basically takes admission in the undergraduate level courses like engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
Candidates seeking admission through KEA CET 2020 should fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the exam conducting body. Students could fill the KCET 2020 application form in an online mode from the 5th of February 2020. The KCET exam will consist of three papers i.e Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology, and one paper will be there for the Kannada Language Test. Read the article to get more information about the KCET Admission procedure for the session 2020-21.
- KCET UG CET First Round Allotment Result: Click Here
- KCET Mock Allotment Result: Click Here
- KCET Option Entry Started: Click Here
- Provisional List of Eligible Candidates: Click Here
- Provisional List Of Not Eligible Candidates: Click Here
- Verified certificates (Not sufficient) provisional list: Click Here
- Check the seat matrix as per the subjects and colleges: Click Here
- Upload the JEE Main OR NATA marks: Click Here
- Upload The Documents Till 1st October: Click Here
- Check Rank ranges to upload the documents
- KEA UG CET Additional Ranks 2020 Link- Click Here
- Result of KCET declared on 21st August
- KCET Official Answer Key Released
- KCET Admit Card Released
- 75 new exam centres added
- KCET 2020 Exam is going to take place on 30th & 31st July 2020. And, Kannada Language Test is on 1st August 2020.
KCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates must be aware of the dates regarding the KCET 2020 procedure. The KCET Exam date has been put on hold until further notice.
|Release of Official Notification|
1st January 2020
|Availability of online application form|
8th May 2020 (Portal Opens Again)
|Last Date to submit the application form|
18th May 2020
|Application Form Correction|
26th- 29th June 2020
|Availability of admit card||17th July 2020|
|KCET 2020 Exam (Biology & Mathematics)||30th July 2020|
|KCET 2020 Exam (Physics & Chemistry)||31st July 2020|
|Kannada Language Test||1st August 2020|
|Announcement of result||21st August 2020|
|Option Entry for Seat Allotment||22nd Nov to 25th Nov 2020 (11 AM)|
|Declaration of Mock Allotment Results||26th Nov 2020|
|Provision to change options if any by candidates||26th to 28th Nov 2020|
|Release of Final Allotment Result||29th Nov 2020|
|Confirmation of Choices on Allotment||30th Nov 2020|
|Payment of Fees and downloading of admission order||30th Nov 2020|
|Last Date for Reporting in The College||2nd Dec 2020|
|1st Round Of Allotment Result||2nd Dec 2020|
Facts About KCET 2020
- The KCET 2020 is a common entrance examination conducted only for admission to engineering, pharmacy, and Farm Science courses.
- All students who want admission in dental and medical courses have to take NEET 2020. The scores of the same will be considered for admission.
- Since the exam is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), the official website for all information related to the KCET 2020 is kea.kar.nic.in.
- After filling up the application form, candidates will be required to retain at least 3 photocopies of the filled up application form, the fee receipt and 2-3 identical photographs of the candidate that have been uploaded in the application form.
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Those who are willing to fill the application form must make sure that they adhered to all the KCET eligibility clause laid down by the exam conducting body. Make sure that the information enter must be valid and correct. This will be checked at the time of document verification. Check all the general KCET 2020 eligibility criteria here:
|Who are not eligible|
|Appearing status||If candidates are 12th appearing in the year 2020, then they are eligible to apply. However, they won’t be allowed to take admission if they do not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks.|
KCET Application Form 2020
The KCET application form download 2020 is available online and candidates have to fill and submit the form within the allotted time frame. According to the previous year’s trends, the KCET 2020 application form process will take place in two phases.
- In the first phase, candidates have to fill the details and can edit the data any number of times and also can take the draft print outs before selecting the declaration.
- The second phase will start when the candidate has to confirm the declaration.
Those who are filling the application form also have to pay the KCET 2020 application fee in an offline mode through e-challan. Candidates have to pay the fee according to the category they belong to. Check the application fees given below.
|General & OBC||Rs 650|
|Karnataka SC/ ST Students||Rs 500|
|Outside Karnataka Candidates||Rs 750|
|Outside India Candidates||Rs 5000|
Exam Pattern of KCET
The KEA is the concerned body that releases the exam pattern for the KCET every year. Although there are very few chances of the KCET 2020 exam pattern changing, one must make sure to recheck the exam pattern for every year. The exam pattern usually gives the candidates information about the number of questions, number of sections, the marking scheme, etc.
|Mode of exam||Offline i.e paper-based|
|Type of Question||Objective Type Question|
|Exam Duration||1 hr 20 minutes for each paper|
|No Of Subjects||3|
|Name of the subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology|
|Total No. Of Questions||180|
|Marks distribution||Physics=60, Chemistry=60 and Mathematics/Biology =60.|
|Language of the paper||English or Kannada|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer and there is no negative marking|
The KCET 2020 will be held on TWO days in FOUR different sessions for four subjects. On the first day, a test will be conducted for Biology and Mathematics in two sessions and on the next day Physics and Chemistry subjects in two sessions as per the date and time notified.
Each question paper will be of Multiple Choice Questions (Objective) type. The question paper in each subject will be in 16 different versions and each question will have four different options. Each question will carry ONE mark. The candidate is expected to attempt all the questions, in order to obtain maximum marks. In other words, there is no choice of questions. The version code of the question papers given to a student may be different OR may be the same for different sessions.
KCET 2020 Syllabus
All appearing candidates can check the syllabus of KCET 2020 for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Candidates must carefully have a look at the syllabus prescribed and note down the topics clearly. The syllabus will be based on the topics studied in class 11th and 12th as prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Check the full KCET 2020 syllabus PDF. Candidates must be aware of the KCET Syllabus weightage.
KCET Exam Centres 2020
KCET 2020 will be conducted in various exam centres which are likely to be 53 exam cities. Candidates have to select the KCET exam cities as per their preference while filling the application form. Candidates must choose their exam centres wisely near their residents so that they can reach the exam hall on time. There will be at least 53 KCET centres for the candidates to choose from. As per the preference and availability of seats, the authority allots the seats. All details regarding the exam centre will be printed on the admit card.
KCET Admit Card 2020
After the successful completion of the KEA CET 2020 application form, Karnataka Examinations Authority will issue the KCET admit card download link 2020. Hall Ticket is one of the most important documents that the candidate must carry to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Those who do not have KCET admit card 2020, the examiner will not allow the candidates to enter the examination hall and sit for the examination. To view and download the KCET admit card, candidates need to enter their Application Number and Date Of Birth. Also, while downloading, each candidate must make sure that their KCET hall ticket 2020 has all the necessary details printed on it.
KCET 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of KCET 2020 will be released in a few days after the examination has been conducted. At first, the provisional KCET 2020 answer key will be released. Candidates who have any objection with this answer key can file objections against it. They can do so by visiting the official body in person or speed post or send it on the official mail ID of KEA.
The answer key is essential for all candidates to view as it gives them an idea of the performance of the candidates. Candidates can use the KCET 2020 answer key to estimate their score. The official answer key will be out by the 1st week of May 2020 after reviewing all the challenges sent by the candidates.
KCET OMR Sheets
Since all candidates will be required to take KCET 2020 in Optical-Machine Response sheets, a duplicate of the same will be uploaded by the KEA for the benefit of the candidates. A model of the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets that will be used for marking the answers by the candidates will be uploaded on the official KEA Website. The need for the replica has compelled the exam conducting authority to design the OMR sheet in such a way that all the information and the answers are marked only on one side.
- The top portion of the sheet is meant for furnishing the particulars about the candidates such as the Name, CET Number, Version code, and the serial number of the question booklet.
- The bottom portion is meant for marking the answers, affixing the signature of the room Invigilator & candidates, and also for affixing the Left-Hand Thumb Impression of the candidate.
- The space meant for the subject would have been pre-marked.
- Candidates must fill the square blocks in each item in capital letters and numbers.
- The circles corresponding to the letters or numbers are meant to be completely shaded using a blue or black ink ballpoint pen only.
KCET Result 2020
KEA will declare the Karnataka Common Entrance Test Results 2020 in an online mode on its official site i.e. kea.kar.nic.in. Also, the students must be aware of the KCET result date. Candidates can check their results along with the final answer key. All students have to enter their registration number to view their result and download the scorecard. The KCET Results of each candidate will carry the score obtained in each subject and the overall score obtained by the candidate. One must not forget to take a print out of the scorecard for future references.
Merit List of KCET
Along with the result and answer key, the KCET merit list will also be published. Candidates can check their merit list on the official website of KEA. The merit list will reflect the candidate’s performance in CET, NATA, NEET along class 10+2 performance. Karnataka Examinations Authority will publish the list as per the course wise on the official website.
KCET Cutoff 2020
To make things clear, all students must know that the cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks that the candidate must obtain in order to participate in the counselling procedure. The KCET cutoff 2020 will be released for each branch of engineering for each category of the candidate. Only those who meet the required cutoff able to participate in the counselling rounds of KCET 2020. There are many factors that determine the KCET Cut Off like the number of seats, the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam, and cutoff trends of previous years.
KCET 2020 Counselling
In the online counselling rounds, the exam conducting body allots the seats to the candidates as per their preference. In KCET 2020 counselling, Candidates will first have to participate in the online procedure and then report at the various reporting centres for document verification. After the document verification, students will get the verification slip after which they have to enter the choice of college and courses.
Reservation of a certain number of seats is there for some category candidates in the government institutes coming under the KEA. Candidates claiming seats under the below-listed categories must make sure that they fulfill all the seat reservation criteria.
KCET Seat reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Students claiming seats under this quota must make sure that they have the required documents for these categories. Reservation is there in favour of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B.
KCET Seat Reservation for Rural candidates
- Reservation of 15% of the Government seats is in favour of rural candidates who have clear their 10 full academic years from 1st Standard to 10th Standard in educational institutions in the State of Karnataka other than a larger urban area, smaller urban area or transitional area
KCET Seat Reservation for Kannada Medium candidates
- Reservation of 5% of the Government seats in favour of the Kannada medium candidates who have clear the TEN full academic years in Kannada medium from 1st Standard to 10th Standard.
KCET Seat Reservation for Ward of Jammu and Kashmir Migrants
- Reservation is made in favour of the son/ daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants, who satisfy the eligibility condition for Government seats.
KCET Seat Reservation for Hyderabad-Karnataka region Candidates
- The part of the State called the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region comprising the districts of Bidar, Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal, and Bellary shall be regarded as the local area.
- 70% of the available seats in every course of study in any regional University or educational institution located in the places referred above in the local area shall be reserved in favour of the local persons, in respect of such University or education institution.
- 8% of the available seats in every course of study provided in a statewide University or a statewide educational institution be allocated among the local candidates of the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region.
If you have any queries, do ask us in the comments section below!