JIPMER 2021: JIPMER/ NEET-UG 2021 will be conducted on 01st August 2021. The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research (JIPMER) offers admission to various UG Courses. Earlier, JIPMER conducted its own admission entrance exam. However, now the admission to UG Courses is offered through NEET Score. The duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the academic calendar of JIPMER 2021 followed by one year of compulsory rotatory internship for the award of Degree. Moreover, in order to apply, aspirants need to first fill the application form. Further, JIPMER MBBS Counselling for seats reserved under 15% AIQ Quota is conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). The interested candidates can further go through this article to get more information on the application process, fee, selection criteria, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET is now the single entrance exam in the country that is conducted for admission to undergraduate medical courses. National Testing Agency (NTA) is the agency that organizes this national-level examination. Admission to JIPMER MBBS colleges is based on the NEET score of the applicant. If a candidate does not appear for NEET, then he/ she is not eligible for admission to JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal campuses. Further, aspirants should be well acquainted with the admission activities schedule so that no important event is missed.
|Release of Application||3rd Week of March 2021|
|End of the application process||Last Week of March 2021|
|Correction window opens||To be Announced|
|Availability of Admit card||To be Announced|
|NEET 2021 Exam||01st August 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of Result||To be Announced|
|Starting of Counselling||To be Announced|
JIPMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER 2021: Before filling up the online MBBS application form 2021, Candidates must know the eligibility criteria set by the official authority. If the candidates do not satisfy the eligibility conditions, then they are not permitted for the exam. Applicants must go through the below-given table to know about the eligibility criteria.
|S. No.||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Nationality||Indian National/ Overseas Citizen of India|
JIPMER 2021 Application Form
The application process is the first step to get a seat in JIPMER. Only the students who successfully register are allowed to sit for the entrance examination. Hence, the candidates who want to take the JIPMER 2021 Exam must have registered and fill up the application form. Before going to fill up the application form, candidates are required to know the eligibility criteria as well.
Here are some of the important information about JIPMER/ NEET Online Form 2021:
- The Mode of the Application Form is online only.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible to fill the online form of JIPMER 2021.
- The JIPMER Application Form Fees vary as per the category.
How to apply for JIPMER 2021 Exam?
In order to ensure that a candidate doesn’t face any difficulty in filling the form, we have provided the complete guide in this section. Applicants can follow this guide step by step to fill and submit the JIPMER NEET 2021 Application Form successfully.
JIPMER 2021 Registration
For registration, candidates are required to visit the NTA official website. On the homepage, click on the “Apply online MBBS admission 2021” link. Upon clicking, a registration page is displayed on the screen. On the registration page candidates have to enter the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Valid Email ID
- Valid mobile number
- Filling up of JIPMER 2021 application form
Filling Up Information
After registration, candidates have to log in using their registered id and fill up the following details.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Educational details
- Address details
- Payment of Application Fee
Payment of Application Fee
After filling up the JIPMER 2021 Application Form, candidates must review all the entered details and then proceed to pay the application fee via online mode through net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
The application fee varies for the candidates belonging to different categories. Given below table contain the details of the application fee for a different category.
|General / Unreserved||INR 1500/-|
|General- EWS / OBC-NCL||INR 1400/-|
|SC / ST / PwD / Transgender||INR 800/-|
Print Out of filled Application Form
After successful completion of application fee payment, the application form and payment slip duly submitted are displayed on the screen. The candidate is advised to take the printout of the same for future use.
Correction of JIPMER 2021 Application Form
Earlier, JIPMER Form Correction facility was not provided. However, with the exam merger, this facility is now available. Candidates who fill the JIPMER/ NEET Application Form shall be able to make corrections in the form. However, during the form correction, only a few fields can be edited. Also, this shall be the last opportunity to make any changes in the form. Hence, candidates must check their forms thoroughly before submitting them after making corrections.
Which Fields can be Edited during Form Correction?
- Personal Details such as Applicant Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category, Gender, Date of Birth, State of Eligibility, Identification Number, and Nationality.
- Academic Details such as School Name, Board Name, Roll Number, Qualifying Examination Code, Year of Passing, and Percentage of Obtained Marks.
- Choice of Medium of Question Paper
- Choice of Examination City
NEET JIPMER 2021 – Exam Centers
The JIPMER MBBS Exam Centres are the places, where the candidate has to appear for the test. The exam takes place in over 154 cities across India. The details of the NTA UG 2021 Exam Center are mentioned on the admit card. However, you can fill the exam centre choice at the time of form filling. You can add up to three exam choices. Hence, on the basis of your priority, you get the exam center. Also, candidates must note that the exam centre once allotted cannot be changed.
- The Applicant can opt for only three exam cities.
- The Allotment of the Exam City is as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant at the time of the Online Registration.
- There are more chances that on the basis of the first preference, the allotment of the exam city is done for the applicant.
- The Exam City Centre for JIPMER 2021, once allotted cannot be modified.
- If the seats from the chosen 3 exam cities are unavailable, then the candidate is allotted seats at the nearby venues.
- If any unforeseen circumstances happen, then the Exam city is canceled at any point in time and a new exam city is allotted.
Candidates must note that the Examination Centers will be within the perimeter of 25 to 20 km from the main city. On the date of the examination, it is advised that the applicant must reach the exam center 2 hours before the exam time.
JIPMER/ NEET 2021 Exam Centres
Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Dadra & Nagar Haveli
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI|
Daman & Diu
Jammu and Kashmir
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card
The JIPMER Admit Card 2021 is issued to the students who register successfully. Hall Ticket is basically an entry pass for being eligible to sit for the exam. In order to download the hall ticket, candidates have to enter their Registration ID and Password. Registered candidates must download the “JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2021” by clicking on the link given below.
How to Download JIPMER 2021 Admit Card?
The step by step process to download JIPMER Admit Card 2021 is as follows-
- Visit the official website of the exam conducting body – www.jipmer.edu.in or www.ntneet.nic.in
- Now, click on the Admit Card Link
- It shall redirect you to a new page, enter the details that are asked
- Enter your Registration Number and Password and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card of JIPMER is displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Printout of the admit card safe until the completion of the admission process.
The link to the admit card shall be active for a very limited period of time. Candidates are advised to check all the details before downloading the admit card. If there is any discrepancy in the details, then it is advised to contact the Exam Conducting Authority before the date of the examination. The Help-Line and the contact number are mentioned below. Make sure that you download the Admit Card before the closing date in order to avoid any technical issues.
List of Details Printed on JIPMER Admit Card
Well, candidates have to note that the JIPMER 2021 Hall Ticket contain the following details printed-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of the Examination
- Date of Birth of the Applicant
- Examination City
- Photo and Signature Uploaded by the Candidate
- Roll Number
Documents to be Carried Along with the JIPMER Admit Card 2021
The Candidates have to carry the following documents along with JIPMER 2021 Hall Ticket-
- Valid Photo Identity Proof such as Voter ID/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving License etc.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
NEET/ JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2021: Candidates are advised to be well acquainted with JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern and prepare for the examination accordingly. The exam pattern of JIPMER gives the candidate an idea about the mode of exam, duration, subjects, questions asked from each section, marking scheme. Candidates can refer to the following table to get complete information about JIPMER 2021 exam pattern:-
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam Shift||One Shift only|
|Total Marks||720 marks|
|Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Number of Sections||Three- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Question Distribution||Physics and Chemistry (45 Questions each), and Biology (90 Questions)|
|Marks per Question||4 marks|
|Negative Marking||Yes. -1 for the wrong answer|
Syllabus for JIPMER 2021 Exam
JIPMER 2021 Syllabus: The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2021 are based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Higher Secondary and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. Candidates are advised to go through the mock test for online computer-based examinations. The link for the mock test shall be available on the official website. NTA has also released a mobile application called National Test Abhyas. Candidates can get mock test papers from there as well.
Candidates are advised to follow the NCERT books on the official website just before the exam days and some other reference books. The questions included in the paper are based on the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English language and comprehension, Logical and quantitative reasoning.
JIPMER 2021 Result
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for declaring the JIPMER MBBS Result 2021. Candidates can check their scorecards by visiting the JIPMER/ NEET official website. However, in order to check the result, a candidate has to enter the Application Number and Password. The candidates thus are able to check their score, subject-wise marks, rank, negative response, and total percentile. Candidates must note that the result is available in the form of a Merit List. Therefore, the applicants whose name has been shortlisted are selected for the counselling round.
JIPMER 2021 Cutoff
JIPMER 2021 cutoff indicates the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate must score for being eligible to get a seat. The authority considers a few factors for determining the cut-off marks. In addition, the factors considered are Exam Difficulty level, Maximum Marks, No. of Seats Available, and Reservation Policy. Moreover, the cut-off marks of each category differ. Hence, students should check the cut-off list carefully.
|S. No.||Category||Minimum Percentile|
|1.||Unreserved/ NRI/ OCI||50%|
|3.||SC/ ST/ OBC-OPH||40%|
JIPMER 2021 Seat Reservation
As per the reservation policy of the Government of India applicable to central educational institutions (CEI), a definite number of seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to categories other than general. Students claiming reservations are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of JIPMER 2021 Reservation of Seats.
NOTE: The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the decisions made by the examination conducting authority.
JIPMER 2021 Tie-Breaker Criteria Method
If more than two candidates score the same number of marks in the JIPMER MBBS 2021 Entrance Exam, then the tie-breaking method is used. On the basis of the Tie-Breaking Criteria, the ranking of the candidate is decided for the JIPMER Merit List. Hence, the Merit List order of JIPMER 2021 is as follows-
- Less Negative Marks
- Higher Percentile/ Marks in Biology Section
- More Percentile in Chemistry Section
- Higher Percentile in Physics Section
- More Marks in English Language and Comprehension
- Higher Percentile Marks in Logical Reasoning
- If still, the tie exists, then the candidate older in age is preferred and ranked higher on the merit list.
Merit List of JIPMER 2021
JIPMER 2021 Merit List is prepared by the official authority as per the candidate marks in the NEET exam. Candidates can view and check their names on the merit list of the JIMPER 2021 Exam by visiting the official website. Students name appear on the merit list is only eligible to participate in the counselling and admission process.
In case of two or more candidates securing equal percentile in the JIPMER 2021 entrance examination, their inter-se-merit shall be determined in the following order
- Biology Percentile
- Percentile in Chemistry
- Physics Percentile
- Percentile in English Language and Comprehension
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning
- Seniority by age
Types of JIPMER 2021 Merit List
The JIPMER Merit List 2021 is published on the NTA official website. There are various types of JIPMER 2021 Merit List released for the candidates. These Merit Lists are released in PDF format so that the applicants can download them easily. The Merit List Result is prepared on the basis of the Percentile Scores.
Thus, these are the types of JIPMER 2021 Merit Lists that are declared by the Institute/ University.
- Common UR Merit List
- Scheduled Caste Candidates Merit List
- Puducherry ST Candidates Merit List 2021
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates Merit List
- Other Backward Classes Merit List
- Puducherry – PWD Candidates List
- Economically Weaker Sections Merit List
- Puducherry UR Candidates List
- Puducherry OBC Merit List
- PWD Candidates List
- Puducherry Economically Weaker Sections Merit List
- NRI/OCI Candidates List
- Puducherry SC Merit List
JIPMER 2021 Counselling
The Counselling of JIPMER 2021 is conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) after the exam merger with NEET. Counselling is further conducted for seat allotment and document verification process. However, only the students who make it to the merit list can take part in counselling. The selected students get a seat in JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal. The other important pointers for the counseling are as follows:
- To attend the JIPMER Counselling 2021, the applicant has to report the venue on the mentioned date and time.
- On the Day of the Counselling, Biometric Fingerprint and Image Verification are done. If there is any sort of mismatch, then the applicant shall not be permitted to attend the counselling round.
- There are three rounds of counselling- First, Second, and Third rounds of Counselling. However, if the seats are left vacant, then a mop-up round is conducted.
- The Counselling Round takes place in the following order-
- For each category, candidates are called 10 times the number of seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has chosen JIPMER Puducherry, he/ she cannot change its preference to JIPMER Karaikal and Vice-Versa.
- If a candidate was not chosen in the First Round Counselling, then he/ she can appear in the second round of counselling.
JIPMER 2021 – Seat Allotment and Admission
The JIPMER Seat Allotment process is carried out on the basis of the merit, category, and availability of the seats. After the counselling rounds are over, the selected candidate shall receive an “Admission Letter”. If the candidate fails to bring the admission letter, then he/ she is not permitted for admission. Hence, the selected candidates need to ensure that they take along the required documents.
JIPMER 2021 – Hostel Accommodation and Charges
- The JIPMER provides separate hostels for boys and girls.
- All Students including NRI may avail of common hostel accommodation.
- The Hostel Accommodation is mainly for non- Puducherry and Karaikal Candidates.
- In addition, the Allotment of the Hostel is on the basis of the First-Cum-First Service.
- The Rent of the Hostel including electricity charges is Rs 500/- per month for a Double Room and Rs 750/- per month for a Single Room.
- A caution deposit of Rs 5000/- is charged by each candidate which is refundable.
- Furthermore, Common Mess Facility is available. An amount of Rs 3000/- is charged and has to be paid in cash to the warden of the hostel for Boarding Charges and Rs 6000/ year for Establishment Charges.
JIPMER Hostel Charges 2021
|Description||Fees in Rs|
|Establishment Charges||Rs 6000/-|
|Hostel Caution Deposit (per annum)||Rs 5000/-|
|Hostel Mess Deposit||Rs 3000/-|
|Total||Rs 14, 000/-|
Hence, this is all about the new JIPMER MBBS Admission process. Candidates now need not appear for multiple exams. As NEET is a single entrance exam for admission to undergraduate medical courses.