JIPMER 2021: The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research was earlier responsible for releasing the application form. However, now admission to AIIMS and JIPMER will be through NEET Exam only. Thus, the candidates need to fill in a single form for all these institutes. Also, the NEET Score will be considered for the selection of candidates. The Institute also released an Official Brochure on its official website. Moreover, the institute further offers 200 seats (150 seats at the JIPMER Puducherry campus and 50 seats at the JIPMER Karaikal campus) in MBBS course. Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the academic calendar of JIPMER 2021 followed by one year of compulsory rotatory internship for the award of Degree.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The official examination authority has announced the dates for the main events for the JIPMER/ NEET MBBS Test 2021. The dates for important events like application form filling, examination, and counselling has been released by the official authority. Thus, the information related to the same is provided in the table below.
|Downloading of Admit Cards||– March 2021 –|
|Date of the Exam||– May 2021 –|
|Release of the result||– June 2021 –|
JIPMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER 2021: Before filling up the online MBBS application form 2021, Candidates must know the eligibility criteria set by the official authority. If the candidates do not satisfy the eligibility conditions, then they are not permitted for the exam. Applicants must go through the below-given table to know about the eligibility criteria.
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Nationality||Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India|
|2.||Age||Candidates must have attained 17 years of age as on or before 31st December 2021.|
The applicant should have born on or before 1st January 2002.
There is no maximum age limit to apply for JIMPER 2021.
There is no age relaxation for any category.
|3.||Qualifying Examination||(a)Candidate must have passed the Qualifying 10+2 examination individually in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English subjects and must obtained a minimum of 60% (50 % in case of SC/ST/OBC/OPH) from a recognized university/board of any Indian state or any other examinations recognized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi which is equivalent to class 12 examinations.|
(b)For OPH (Orthopedic Physically Handicapped) candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
(c) Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying 10+2 examination in the year 2021 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission. But they have to show the passing certificate of the qualifying examination with the pass mark in individual appropriate subjects as mentioned in point(a).
The NTA (National Testing Agency) is responsible for conducting NEET this year. Therefore, they have released the application form as well. The last date to submit the form for JIPMER was 06 January 2021. Candidates who want to take the JIPMER 2021 Exam must have registered and fill up the application form. Before going to fill up the application form, candidates are required to know the eligibility criteria as well.
Here are some of the important information about JIPMER/ NEET Online Form 2021:
- The Mode of the Application Form is online only.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the online form of JIPMER 2021.
- The JIPMER Application Form Fees varies as per the category.
How to apply for JIPMER 2021 Exam?
JIPMER 2021 Registration
Candidates must visit the NTA official website. On the homepage, click on the “Apply online MBBS admission 2021” link. Upon clicking, a registration page will be displayed on the screen. On the registration page candidates have to enter the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Valid Email ID
- Valid mobile number
- Filling up of JIPMER 2021 application form
Filling Up Information
After registration, candidates have to log in using their registered id and fill up the following details.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Educational details
- Address details
- Payment of Application Fee
Payment of Application Fee
After filling up the JIPMER 2021 Application Form, candidates must review all the entered details and then proceed to pay the application fee via online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card.
Application fee varies for the candidates belonging to different categories. Given below table contain the details of the application fee for a different category.
- General/Unreserved: INR 1500/-
- General- EWS/ OBC-NCL: INR 1400/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender: INR 800/-
Print Out of filled Application Form
After successful completion of application fee payment, application form and payment slip duly submitted will be displayed on the screen. The candidate is advised to take the print out of the same for future use.
Correction of JIPMER 2021 Application Form
Request for change in any field in the application form will not be entertained under any circumstances once it is submitted. Although, a candidate can fill the fresh application form along with the fee payment before the last date of closing registration.
NEET JIPMER 2021 – Exam Centers
The NEET Exam Centres are the places, where the NEET 2021 Exam will take place. The exam takes place in over 154 cities across India. The details of the NTA UG 2021 Exam Center will be available on the admit card. However, you can fill the exam center choice at the time of form filling. You can add up to three exam choices. Hence, on the basis of your priority, you will get the exam center. Also, candidates must note that the exam centre once allotted cannot be changed.
- The Applicant can opt for only three exam cities.
- The Allotment of the Exam City will be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant at the time of the Online Registration.
- There are more chances that on the basis of the first preference, the allotment of the exam city will be done for the applicant.
- The Exam City Centre for JIPMER 2021, once allotted cannot be modified.
- If the seats from the chosen 3 exam cities are unavailable, then the candidate will be allotted seat at the nearby venues.
- If any unforeseen circumstances happen, then the Exam city will be canceled at any point in time and a new exam city will be allotted.
Candidates must note that the Examination Centers will be in the perimeter of 25 to 20 km from the main city. On the date of the examination, it is advised that the applicant must reach the exam center 2 hours before the exam time.
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card
The JIPMER Admit Card 2021 will be released on 27th March 2021. Candidates whose application form has been accepted will be eligible to download the JIPMER Hall Ticket 2021. The Link to Download the Admit Card will be available here as well. Registered candidates must download the “JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2021” by clicking on the link given below.
The Admit Card is a mandatory document. Hence, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center without an Admit Card.
How to Download JIPMER 2021 Admit Card?
The step by step process to download JIPMER Admit Card 2021 is as follows-
- Visit the official website of the exam conducting body
- Now, click on the Admit Card Link
- It will redirect you to a new page, enter the details that are asked
- Enter your Registration Number and Password and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card of JIPMER will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Printout of the admit card safe until the completion of the admission process.
The link of the admit card will be available for a very limited period of time. Candidates are advised to check all the details before downloading the admit card. If there is any discrepancy in the details, then it is advised to contact the Exam Conducting Authority before the date of the examination. The Help-Line and the contact number are mentioned below. Make sure that you download the Admit Card before the closing date in order to avoid any technical issues.
List of Details Printed on JIPMER Admit Card
Well, candidates have to note that the JIPMER 2021 Hall Ticket will contain the following details printed-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of the Examination
- Date of Birth of the Applicant
- Examination City
- Photo and Signature Uploaded by the Candidate
- Roll Number
Documents to be Carried Along with the JIPMER Admit Card 2021
The Candidates have to carry the following documents along with JIPMER 2021 Hall Ticket-
- JIPMER Admit Card 2021
- Valid Photo Identity Proof such as Voter ID/Aadhaar Card/Driving License etc.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
NEET/ JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2021: Candidates are advised to be well acquainted with JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern and prepare for the examination accordingly. Exam pattern of JIPMER gives the candidate an idea about the mode of exam, duration, subjects, questions asked from each section, marking scheme. Candidates can refer to the following table to get complete information about JIPMER 2021 exam pattern:-
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam Shift||One Shift only|
|Total Marks||720 marks|
|Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Number of Sections||Three- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Question Distribution||Physics and Chemistry (45 Questions each), and Biology (90 Questions)|
|Marks per Question||4 marks|
|Negative Marking||Yes. -1 for the wrong answer|
Syllabus for JIPMER 2021 Exam
JIPMER 2021 Syllabus: The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2021 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Higher Secondary and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. Candidates are advised to go through the mock test for online computer-based examinations. The link for the mock test will be available on the official website.
Candidates are advised to follow the NCERT books on the official website just before the exam days and some other reference books. The question will be based on the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English language and comprehension, Lo gical and quantitative reasoning.
JIPMER 2021 Result
The Results will be available online on the official website of NTA. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances. JIPMER MBBS Result 2021 will be released in the form of a PDF. The candidates will thus be able to check their score, subject-wise marks, rank, negative response and total percentile.
Candidates must note that the result is available in the form of Merit List. Therefore, the applicants whose name has been shortlisted will be selected for the counselling round.
JIPMER 2021 Cutoff
JIPMER 2021 cutoff for the various category has been released. Cutoff marks to participate in JIMPER 2021 counselling vary for general and reserved category candidates. Applicants must check and tally their marks obtained with the cut-off marks required to participate in the counselling round.
|S. No||Category||Minimum Percentile|
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the JIPMER Cutoff Marks, and the merit list will also be prepared on the basis of the Cut-off Marks. The Factors that depends on the cutoff marks of JIPMER 2021 is as follows-
- Number of the Candidates appeared the entrance exam
- Difficulty Level of the Entrance Exam
- Previous Year Cutoff Marks of the Exam.
JIPMER 2021 Seat Reservation
As per the reservation policy of the Government of India applicable to central educational institutions (CEI), a definite number of seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to categories other than general. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of JIPMER 2021 Reservation of Seats.
NOTE: The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the decisions made by the examination conducting authority.
JIPMER 2021 Tie-Breaker Criteria Method
If more than two candidates score the same number of marks in the JIPMER 2021 Entrance Exam, then the tie-breaking method is used. On the basis of the Tie-Breaking Criteria, the ranking of the candidate will be decided for the JIPMER Merit List. Hence, the Merit List order of JIPMER 2021 is as follows-
- Less Negative Marks
- Higher Percentile/ Marks in Biology Section
- More Percentile in Chemistry Section
- Higher Percentile in Physics Section
- More Marks in English Language and Comprehension
- Higher Percentile Marks in Logical Reasoning
- If still, the tie exists, then the candidate older in age will be given a higher rank.
Merit List of JIPMER 2021
JIPMER 2021 Merit List will be prepared by the official authority by merging the Percentiles of total scores of both the shifts of the exam (i.e first and second shift). Candidates can view and check their names on the merit list of the JIMPER 2021 Exam by visiting the official website. Students name appear on the merit list is only eligible to participate in the counselLing and admission process.
In case of two or more candidates securing equal percentile in the JIPMER 2021 entrance examination, their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order
- Biology Percentile
- Percentile in Chemistry
- Physics Percentile
- Percentile in English Language and Comprehension
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning
- Seniority by age
Types of JIPMER 2021 Merit List
The JIPMER Merit List 2021 will be available online. There will various types of JIPMER 2021 Merit List released for the candidates. These Merit Lists will be available in PDF format so that the applicants can download it easily. The Merit List Result will be prepared on the basis of the Percentile Scores.
Thus, these are the types of JIPMER 2021 Merit Lists that will be declared by the Institute/University.
- Common UR Merit List
- Scheduled Caste Candidates Merit List
- Puducherry ST Candidates Merit List 2021
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates Merit List
- Other Backward Classes Merit List
- Puducherry – PWD Candidates List
- Economically Weaker Sections Merit List
- Puducherry UR Candidates List
- Puducherry OBC Merit List
- PWD Candidates List
- Puducherry Economically Weaker Sections Merit List
- NRI/OCI Candidates List
- Puducherry SC Merit List
Candidates must note that the merit list will be published online on the official website.
JIPMER 2021 Counselling
The Counselling of JIPMER 2021 will be conducted after the declaration of result. Candidates whose name appears in the merit list of JIPMER 2021 exam will be eligible for the counselling round. A total of three round of counselling will take place on different dates. The tentative dates for the three rounds are provided in the table below:
- To attend the JIPMER Counselling 2021, the applicant has to report the venue on the mentioned date and time.
- On the Day of the Counselling, Biometric Fingerprint and Image Verification will be done. If there is any sort of mismatch, then the applicant will not be permitted to attend the counselling round.
- There will be three rounds of counselling- First, Second and Third Round of Counselling.
- The Counselling Round will take place in the following order-
- For each category, candidates will be called 10 times the number of seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has chosen JIPMER Puducherry, he/she cannot change its preference to JIPMER Karaikal and Vice-Versa.
- If a candidate was not chosen in the First Round Counselling, then he/she will be eligible to appear in the second round of counselling.
JIPMER 2021- Seat Allotment and Admission
The selection of the applicants will be on the basis of the merit, category, and availability of the seats. After the counselling rounds are over, the selected candidate will receive an “Admission Letter”. If the candidate fails to bring the admission letter, then he/she will not be permitted for admission. No Candidate (except Foreign Nationals) will be admitted to MBBS Course.
JIPMER 2021 – Hostel Accommodation and Charges
- The JIPMER provides separate hostels for boys and girls.
- All Students including NRI may avail of common hostel accommodation.
- The Hostel Accommodation is mainly for non- Puducherry and Karaikal Candidates.
- In addition, the Allotment of the Hostel will be on the basis of the First-Cum-First Service.
- The Rent of the Hostel including electricity charges is Rs 500/- per month for Double Room and Rs 750/- per month for Single Room.
- A caution deposit of Rs 5000/- will be charged by each candidate which is refundable.
- Furthermore, Common Mess Facility is available. An amount of Rs 3000/- is charged and has to be paid in cash to the warden of the hostel for Boarding Charges and Rs 6000/year for Establishment Charges.
JIPMER Hostel Charges 2021
|Description||Fees in Rs|
|Establishment Charges||Rs 6000/-|
|Hostel Caution Deposit (per annum)||Rs 5000/-|
|Hostel Mess Deposit||Rs 3000/-|
|Total||Rs 14, 000/-|