NEET Exam Pattern 2021: According to sources, NTA has requested the Health Ministry to conduct the examination twice a year. In addition, this time candidates can choose which question to answer, more questions are added. Candidates appearing for the NEET 2021 Exam must have knowledge of the paper pattern. It helps in the preparation process and further increases your chances of clearing the exam. In addition, the exam pattern basically provides details about the mode of paper, type of exam, duration, language, question type, and marking scheme. The entrance exam further takes place in offline mode, i.e it is a pen-paper based exam. The question paper includes 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For more details about the NEET Exam Pattern 2021, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- The Exam Pattern is pretty much the same, however, the only change is that now it will have more questions. In addition, 20% more questions will be added for allowing students to choose from. Due to COVID-19, now the candidates will be given a choice to answer the questions in NEET Exam.
- NTA NEET 2021 Syllabus remains the same for this session. However, now the students will be given a choice to answer the questions as in Board exams.
- The NEET Exam is conducted once for a session.
NEET Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates having an idea about the exam pattern can prepare in a more efficient manner. To understand the NEET exam pattern 2021, candidates can also solve previous years’ papers. Further, as the exam takes place in offline mode, thus candidates have to fill the OMR sheet to mark answers. For each correct answer, 4 marks are awarded. Moreover, as negative marking is applicable, thus for each wrong answer 1 mark get deducted. Candidates should further be aware of all the important event dates. Hence, the exam schedule is given below.
|Starting Date of the Application Form||– January 2021 –|
|Date of the Exam||– May 2021 –|
|The Release of the Exam Result||– June 2021 –|
NTA NEET Question Paper 2021 Format
The NEET Question Paper contains a total of 180 MCQs, however, in this session more questions shall be added. It is done for allowing students to choose, because of the loss of studies caused by COVID-19. Candidates get 3 hours to solve the paper. In addition, the candidates are allowed to choose the medium or choice of language. The NEET Paper shall be available in English, Hindi, and 8 different regional languages. Thus, the students can attempt the paper in whichever language they are comfortable with. However, note that the choice of language is considered as per the chosen exam centre.
Number of Shifts
- The NEET 2021 is conducted in one shift only. It takes place in the afternoon.
- Candidates can find the Shift details on their admit cards. Thus, do check the hall ticket for the time and exam centre details.
The medium of NEET Paper
The question paper shall be available in English and Hindi. But apart from this, candidates have a choice of 8 different regional languages for the medium of paper. NEET is a national level exam and hence for the ease of students, it is conducted in different languages. Further, the regional languages in which it is made available are as follows:
|Medium||NEET Exam Centres|
|English and Hindi||All exam cities and centres|
|English and Urdu||All exam cities and centres|
|Assamese||Available only in exam centres in Assam|
|Bengali||Available only in exam centres in West Bengal|
|Gujarati||Available only in exam centres in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli|
|Marathi||Available only in exam centres in Maharashtra|
|Tamil||Available only in exam centres in Tamil Nadu|
|Telugu||Available only in exam centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Oriya||Available only in exam centres in Odisha|
|Kannada||Available only in exam centres in Karnataka|
No. of Sections
- The question paper consists of 3 sections in the question paper. Which includes Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Wherein, the Physics and Chemistry section contains 45 questions each. On the other hand, the Biology (Zoology & Botany) section includes 90 questions. In addition, for the 2021 session, more questions will be there in each section.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
|Physics||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Chemistry||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Zoology||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Botany||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
Guidelines for choosing the Medium of Question Paper
The candidates have to fill in their choice of Medium of Paper while filling the application form. Candidates should note that they cannot change the exercised option. Hence, it is important that you fill in the correct choice. Further, an English Test Booklet is provided with a bilingual Test Booklet in the selected regional language. Note that in case of any error, the English Test Booklet shall be treated as final.
How To Calculate Aggregate Score?
National Testing Agency (NTA) follows a format to calculate students’ NEET Exam Score. The scorecards are made in accordance with the given formulae only. Wherein, the no. of correct answers and wrong answers given by the students are considered. Candidates can use these formulae to predict their scores as well. Further, the formula that can be used for calculating candidates exam score is as follows:
NEET Score = (Correct Answers X 4) – (Incorrect Answers X 1)
NTA NEET Syllabus 2021
Candidates appearing for NEET 2021 Examination should have in-depth knowledge of the NEET Exam Syllabus. It helps in preparing a proper time-table for the preparation. Moreover, you can prioritize and study accordingly. The syllabus further is the same as that of class 11 and 12. Thus, the students who have a good command of these class topics, definitely have an upper hand. The subjects you need to focus on are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Further, the subject-wise topics you need to study are mentioned below.
- Ray of Optics
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Waves and Sound
- Properties in Bulk Matter
- Laws of Motion
- Work Energy and Power
- Physical World and Measurement
- Environmental Chemistry
- S, D, F, and P- Block Elements
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter- Gases and Liquids
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Organic Chemistry
- Diversity in Living World
- Genetics and Evolution
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
NEET Exam CutOff 2021
NEET 2021 CutOff indicates the minimum qualifying marks which each candidate needs to score for being eligible to get admission. Candidates who do not score the minimum qualifying marks cannot take part in admission rounds. However, the cutoff marks are announced category-wise. This means that the minimum qualifying marks are different for each category of students. Thus, the students should carefully check the cutoff as per the category to which they belong. Moreover, the officials consider certain factors while preparing the cutoff list. Further, the factors taken into consideration are as follows:
- No. of Candidates appeared for the exam
- Performance of candidates in the NEET Exam
- The difficulty level of the question paper
Recommended Books for NEET 2021 Preparation
Candidates preparing for the exam should avoid referring to a lot of books. As the topics explained in each book differently. Hence, referring to a lot of books can cause confusion. Thus, try to use just 1-2 of the best books and instead devote time to the practicing part. The more you practice the more clear topics will be. Further, the subject-wise names of some of the best books are mentioned below. Candidates should, however, start the preparation by studying the NCERT Books. Those are the foundation books and hence help in understanding the topics better. You may also not require other books if you study concepts properly from NCERTs. Furthermore, some of the best reference books subject-wise for NEET Exam 2021 are as follows:
Reference Books for Physics
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Concepts of Physics – H.C Verma
- Problems in General Physics – IE Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
Reference Books for Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Practise Books by VK Jaiswal(Inorganic), N Awasthi(Physical), and MS Chauhan(Organic)
Reference Books for Biology
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Biology Vol-1 and 2 by Trueman
- GR Bathla Publications for Biology
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
Thus, these are some of the books you can refer to. There are other books as well. However, it is suggested to refer to some of the books but the best ones.
NEET 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
NEET is a national level exam and is thus a difficult one to crack. Thus, it is important to prepare accordingly if you want a good rank. Candidates have to take care of even the smallest things and should thus have a proper plan of action. Further, to help you out, we have listed some preparation tips below. These strategies or tips shall help you study in a more efficient manner and thus finally getting great results. Therefore, the Preparation Tips for NEET 2021 are as follows:
- Candidates should start by gathering complete details about the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Further, you need to have a proper planner or time-table, wherein you should mention how much time which subject or topic is supposed to get completed. This should be done by prioritizing the topics or section which carries more marks. Candidates should try and finish the sections which carry more marks first.
- In addition, you can even make a planner for each day. Wherein, you can mention the time you want to devote to a particular topic. Don’t put it all at once, and try to add things that you can actually be able to finish.
- Make proper notes while studying. These come in handy during revision in the end time. Moreover, try to make clear notes so that you don’t face difficulty while looking for a topic during revision.
- Furthermore, it is very important to devote proper time to practicing question papers. Candidates can go for online mock tests as well. They are absolutely free. These test papers shall help you in analyzing as to what are your strengths and what parts you need to work upon.
- Make sure that you are not too much into it. As that may affect your mental health. Thus, it is important to engage yourself in other activities as well. You can try out meditation or can simply go for walks or can play some outdoor games.
- Do not forget to take all the important things along on the exam day. You should cross-check everything before leaving your place for the exam.