NEET Exam Pattern 2021: Candidates appearing for the NEET 2021 Exam must have knowledge of the paper pattern. It helps in the preparation process and will further increase your chances of clearing the exam. In addition, the exam pattern basically provides details about the mode of paper, type of exam, duration, language, question type, and marking scheme. The entrance exam further takes place in offline mode, i.e it will be a pen-paper based exam. There will further be 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For more details about the NEET Exam Pattern 2021, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who will be having an idea about the exam pattern will be able to prepare in a more efficient manner. To understand the NEET Exam Pattern, candidates can also solve previous years’ papers. Further, as the exam will take place in offline mode, thus candidates will have to fill the OMR sheet to mark answers. For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded. Moreover, as negative marking is applicable, thus for each wrong answer 1 mark will get deducted.
Candidates should further be aware of all the important event dates. Hence, the exam schedule is given below. The official dates will be announced soon.
|Starting Date of the Application Form||– December 2020 –|
|Date of the Exam||– May 2021 –|
|The Release of the Exam Result||– June 2021 –|
NTA NEET Question Paper 2021 Format
The NEET Question Paper will contain a total of 180 MCQs. Wherein, the students will get 3 hours to solve the paper. In addition, the candidates will be able to choose the medium or choice of language. The NEET Paper will be available in English, Hindi, and 8 different regional languages. Thus, the students can attempt the paper in whichever language they are comfortable with. However, note that the choice of language will be considered as per the chosen exam centre. Furthermore, other important details regarding the question paper are mentioned below.
Number of Shifts
The NEET 2021 will be conducted in one shift only. It will take place in the afternoon. Candidates will be able to locate the Shift details on their admit cards. Thus, do check the hall ticket for the time and exam centre details.
Medium of NEET Paper
The question paper will be available in English and Hindi. But apart from this, candidates will have a choice of 8 different regional languages for the medium of paper. NEET is a national level exam and hence for the ease of students, it will be available in different languages. Further, the regional languages in which it will be available are as follows:
|Medium||NEET Exam Centres|
|English and Hindi||All exam cities and centres|
|English and Urdu||All exam cities and centres|
|Assamese||Available only in exam centres in Assam|
|Bengali||Available only in exam centres in West Bengal|
|Gujarati||Available only in exam centres in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Marathi||Available only in exam centres in Maharashtra|
|Tamil||Available only in exam centres in Tamil Nadu|
|Telugu||Available only in exam centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Oriya||Available only in exam centres in Odisha|
|Kannada||Available only in exam centres in Karnataka|
No. of Sections
There will be a total of 3 sections in the question paper. Which includes Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Wherein, the Physics and Chemistry section will contain 45 questions each. On the other hand, there will be 90 questions in Biology (Zoology & Botany) section.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
|Physics||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Chemistry||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Zoology||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Botany||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
Guidelines for choosing the Medium of Question Paper
The candidates will have to fill in their choice of Medium of Paper while filling the application form. Candidates should note that they will not be able to change the exercised option. Hence, it is important that you fill in the correct choice. Further, an English Test Booklet will be provided with a bilingual Test Booklet in the selected regional language. Note that in case of any error, the English Test Booklet shall be treated as final.
How To Calculate Aggregate Score?
National Testing Agency (NTA) follows a format to calculate students’ NEET Exam Score. The scorecards will be made in accordance with the given formulae only. Wherein, the no. of correct answers and wrong answers given by the students will be considered. Candidates can use these formulae to predict their score as well. Further, the formula that will be used for calculating candidates exam score is as follows:
NEET Score = (Correct Answers X 4)- (Incorrect Answers X 1)
NTA NEET Syllabus 2021
Candidates appearing for NEET 2021 Examination should have in-depth knowledge of the exam syllabus. It will help you in preparing a proper time-table for the preparation. Moreover, you will be able to prioritize and study accordingly. The syllabus will further be the same as that of class 11 and 12. Thus, the students who have good command on these class topics will definitely have an upper hand. The subjects you need to focus on are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Further, the subject-wise topics you need to study are mentioned below.
- Ray of Optics
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Waves and Sound
- Properties in Bulk Matter
- Laws of Motion
- Work Energy and Power
- Physical World and Measurement
- Environmental Chemistry
- S, D, F, and P- Block Elements
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter- Gases and Liquids
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Organic Chemistry
- Diversity in Living World
- Genetics and Evolution
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
NEET Exam CutOff 2021
NEET 2021 CutOff will indicate the minimum qualifying marks which each candidate needs to score for being eligible to get admission. Candidates who will not score the minimum qualifying marks will not be eligible for further admission processes. However, the cutoff marks will be announced category-wise. This means that the minimum qualifying marks will be different for each category student. Thus, the students should carefully check the cutoff as per the category to which they belong. Moreover, the officials consider certain factors while preparing the cutoff list. Further, the factors taken into consideration are as follows:
- No. of Candidates appeared for the exam
- Performance of candidates in the NEET Exam
- The difficulty level of the question paper
Recommended Books for NEET 2021 Preparation
Candidates preparing for the exam should avoid referring to a lot of books. As the topics will be explained in each book differently. Hence, referring to a lot of books may cause confusion. Thus, try to use just 1-2 of the best books and instead devote time in the practicing part. The more you will practice the more clear topics will be. Further, the subject-wise names of some of the best books are mentioned below. Candidates should, however, start the preparation by studying the NCERT Books. Those are the foundation books and hence will help you in understanding the topics better. You may also not require other books if you study concepts properly from NCERTs. Furthermore, some of the best reference books subject-wise for NEET Exam 2021 are as follows:
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Concepts of Physics – H.C Verma
- Problems in General Physics – IE Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Practise Books by VK Jaiswal(Inorganic), N Awasthi(Physical), and MS Chauhan(Organic)
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Biology Vol-1 and 2 by Trueman
- GR Bathla Publications for Biology
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
Thus, these are some of the books you can refer to. There are other books as well. However, it is suggested to refer to some of the books but the best ones.
NEET 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
NEET is a national level exam and is thus a difficult one to crack. Thus, it is important to prepare accordingly if you want a good rank. Candidates have to take care of even the smallest things and should thus have a proper plan of action. Further, to help you out, we have listed some preparation tips below. These strategies or tips will help you study in a more efficient manner and thus finally getting great results. Therefore, the Preparation Tips for NEET 2021 are as follows:
- Candidates should start by gathering complete details about the exam pattern and syllabus. Only after this step, you will be able to make a proper planner for yourself.
- Further, you need to have a proper planner or time-table, wherein you should mention how much time which subject or topic is supposed to get complete. This should be done by prioritizing the topics or section which carries more marks. Candidates should try and finish the sections which carry more marks first.
- In addition, you can even make a planner for each day. Wherein, you can mention the time you want to devote to a particular topic. Don’t put it all at once, and try to add things that you will actually be able to finish.
- Make proper notes while studying. These will come handy during revision in the end time. Moreover, try to make clear notes so that you don’t face difficulty while looking for a topic during revision.
- Furthermore, it is very important to devote proper time for practicing question papers. Candidates can go for online mock tests as well. They are absolutely free. These test papers will help you in analyzing as to what are your strengths and what parts you need to work upon.
- Make sure that you are not too much into it. As that may affect your mental health. Thus, it is important to engage yourself in other activities as well. You can try out meditation or can simply go for walks or can play some outdoor games.
- Do not forget to take all the important things along on the exam day. You should cross-check everything before leaving your place for the exam.
NEET Exam Pattern 2021 FAQs
Ques: Will the NEET Exam Pattern get changed?
Ans: There is no official notice stating that there will be any changes in the exam pattern. However, if the authorities will introduce any change, then the same will be updated here.
Ques: How many questions in total will there in NEET Question Paper?
Ans: There will be 180 questions in total.
Ques: NEET Paper will be of how many marks in total?
Ans: The NEET Exam will be of 720 marks in total.
Ques: How many sections will be there in NEET Question Paper?
Ans: There will be 3 sections in the test paper of the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology & Botany).
Ques: How many times can one appear for NEET Exam?
Ans: As per the guidelines released for the previous year, there is no restriction on the no. of attempts. Thus, a student can appear multiple times for this national level exam.
Ques: What is the duration of the NEET Exam?
Ans: Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the paper.
Ques: What is the medium of the NEET Question Paper?
Ans: The question paper will be available in English and Hindi. Moreover, the candidates will be able to choose the language of paper from the given option. As the paper will be available in 8 regional languages as well.