JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation: The Institute has introduced a few changes in the Reservation Policy of JIPMER Seat Reservation 2019. Thirteen (13) Seats have been reserved for Economically Weaker Sections. Since JIPMER is a national level entrance exam, the government of India has reserved a certain percentage of the seat for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, OBC and PwD category candidates. Applicants who belong to reserved category gets the advantage compared to the unreserved category in terms of qualifying marks, entrance test cut-off, age criteria, and seat allotment. To get the detailed information related to JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation – Read Below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Also to read about AIIMS 2019 seat reservation click here
As per the New Reservation Policy of JIPMER Admission 2019, 13 Number of Seats are reserved for the Low-Income Family Groups. These seats have been reserved from the seat bracket of 200 seats available for both Puducherry and Karaikal Campus. A total of 10 seats are reserved for Low-Income Family Section and 3 Seats in Karaikal Campus.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation
JIPMER Seat Reservation 2019: As per the latest reservation policy of Government of India applicable to central educational institutions (CEI), a definite number of seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to categories other than general. Thirteen Seats are reserved for Low-Income Family Groups. These seats have been reserved from the seat bracket of 200 seats available for both Puducherry and Karaikal Campus. A total of 10 seats are reserved for Low-Income Family Section and 3 Seats in Karaikal Campus.
Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of JIPMER 2019 reservation of seats.
Reservation of seats for JIPMER 2019 for different categories are as follows:
Categories that fall under JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation
Below table contains the category and percentage of the seat reserved for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC & PwD. If any candidates belong to the mentioned category, then he/she need to enter the details during online registration. Applicants must note that they should have valid supporting documents to claim their category.
JIPMER 2019 Seat Matrix
|2.||Other Backward Class(OBC)||28||9||38|
|5.||Puducherry unreserved (P-UR)||22||9||30|
|6.||Puducherry OBC (P-OBC)||10||3||1|
|7.||Puducherry scheduled caste (P-SC)||5||1||8|
|1.||ORTHOPEDICALLY HANDICAPPED (OPH)||5||1||6|
JIPMER Seat Reservation Criteria 2019
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER 2019 EWS Category Candidates
- On 14th February 2019, the Government of India introduced the 10% Reservation Policy for EWS Candidates.
- These candidates must belong to the General Category.
- These Reservation Benefits have been introduced only for those candidates who do not belong to any other reservation category such as the SC/ST Candidates.
- In the Official JIPMER 2019 Prospectus, it has been clearly mentioned that the gross family income who are applying for EWS Reservation must be lower than 8 Lakh.
- This includes income from all the sources such as salary, agriculture, business, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of the application form.
- Candidates who qualify the exam through Merit, will not be eligible under EWS Category.
Qualifying Marks for EWS Candidates
- For This Academic Session (2019-20), candidates who belong to the Unreserved Category and are EWS will have to score 10% less. That means the candidate has to score a minimum of 40% instead of 50% combined in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology.
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER 2019 OBC Candidates
- Candidates under the reservation quota of OBC Category does not belong to the Creamy Layer.
- The Applicant has to produce their last three year’s income certificate of their parents hence proving that, there are not from the Creamy Layer.
- At the time of counselling, candidates have to submit their OBC Certificate.
- If in case, you do not have the income tax certificate, then an income certificate from a competent autority can also be produced by the candidate.
- A recent certificate from the employer of the candidate’s parents stating their designation and entry class in the Government/Private Sector Enterprises should also be submitted.
- An aggregate of 40% Physics, Biology, and Chemistry have to be scored by the candidate in 10+2 (equivalent examination).
Reservation Criteria for JIPMER MBBS Schedule Tribe/Scheduled Caste Category Candidates
- Candidates who come under the Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe Category, have to submit their Category Certificate at the time of the counselling.
- Candidates, must make sure that the certificate must be in English. If in case, the certificate, is not printed in English, then their caste certificate must be attested by the Gazetted Officer.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology in Class 10+2 (Equivalent Examination).
Reservation Criteria for JIPMER MBBS OCI Candidates
- The Applicants must submit, proof of registration as OCI.
- Certificate of Registration as OCI, issued by the competent authority must be submitted at the time of admission.
Reservation Criteria for JIPMER Puducherry Candidates
- For an Admission under this category, candidates have to prove themselves that they are the residents of Puducherry.
- The parents of the applicants must be living in Puducherry for at least 5 years prior to the date of the application.
- The candidates whose parents are the Government Workers in Puducherry for the last three years prior to the application form are eligible for the reservation criteria. The children of these employees must have completed their Higher Secondary School in Puducherry and should have passed the higher secondary examination from the same school.
Reservation Criteria for JIPMER OPH Candidates
- Admissions under OPH Category will be given to those candidates with locomotor disability confined to the lower limbs between 50% to 70%.
- 8% Seat Reservations will be provided a Horizontal Basis on the basis of the availability of the seats and the rank on the merit list.
- Candidates have to submit their Physical Disability Certificate.
- Candidates suffering not less than 40% of the relevant disability will be eligible for reservation.
- Disability Certificate from an authorized Medical Board of the State or central Government should be produced.
How to apply for JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation?
If a candidate falls under the reservation criteria and has valid supporting documents and certificate, then they can apply under reservation criteria. During the online registration of JIPMER 2019, candidates need to claim their reserved category.
If anyone has a query related to JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation, then please inform us by writing in the comment section given below.