NEET SS 2021: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Super Speciality will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). This entrance exam is conducted for admission to various DM/ MCh courses. In addition, the exam will be conducted in online mode and hence it is a computer-based test. For being eligible to appear for the exam, the students need to fill in the application form. Moreover, do not forget to check out the eligibility criteria. Through the NEET SS 2021 exam, the students will be eligible for admission to approximately 156 private/ government medical colleges/ universities, and AFMS (Armed Forces Medical Services) institutes. For more details about the entrance exam, eligibility, application form, and admission process, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET SS 2021
The admission to the institutes will be done purely on the basis of merit. Hence, only the students who will clear the exam and the counselling round will be granted admission. NBE NEET SS Official Notification will be released, wherein all the necessary details about the exam and the schedule will be provided. Further, the tentative event dates are mentioned before reference. The dates will be updated after the announcement of official dates.
|The Release of the Official Notification||First Week of May 2021|
|Starting Date of the Application Form||– May 2021 –|
|Closing Date of the Application Form||Last Week of May 2021|
|Correction of the Application Form||– June 2021 –|
|Last Date of Submission of the Application Form||– June 2021 –|
|Issuance of the NEET SS Hall Ticket||To be announced|
|Exam Date of NEET SS 2021||–|
|Declaration of the Result||To be announced|
|First Round of Counselling 2021||To be announced|
|Last Date of Joining the Allotted College||To be announced|
|Second Round of Counselling||To be announced|
|Commencement of the Academic Session||To be announced|
|Last Date of Joining the Allotted College||To be announced|
NEET SS 2021 Highlights
|The motive of the Examination||Qualifying cum Ranking Examination for Admission to DM/M.Ch Courses|
|Mode of the Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Conducting Body||The National Board of Examinations|
|Negative Marking||Yes (4 marks awarded for the correct answer and 1 mark deducted for the wrong answer)|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks||35%|
|Conducting Body for the Seat Allotment Process||The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)|
|Reservation of Seats||No|
What are Super Speciality Medical Courses?
After clearing the MBBS Course, which is the undergraduate degree, next comes the Post Graduate Course which is the MD, MS, and DNB (Speciality Courses). In the Post Graduate Course Level, there is a number of specializations in which one can pursue. Moreover, after the completion of this training process, you can become a specialist. Then after completing the Post Graduate Training, you can pursue the Super Speciality Course. The NEET SS Entrance Exam is a single exam conducted for admission to these courses only. In addition, the Super Speciality Courses can be both Medical or Surgical. Candidates can further super-specialize in a systematic order only.
- For example, the MD in General Medicine can be followed by DM in Cardiology and
- MD in General Surgery can be followed by M.Ch in Cardiothoracic Surgery
In this case, the Medical Super Speciality Degree is D.M and the Surgical Super Speciality Degree is M.Ch. Thus, this is all about the super specialty courses. The admission to these courses will be done purely on the basis of merit.
NEET SS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The NEET SS Eligibility Criteria 2021 indicates the conditions which must be satisfied by each of the students for being eligible to appear for the test. In addition, the eligibility criteria are prescribed by the National Board of Examinations. The eligibility conditions for both the Indian and Foreign Nationals are further mentioned below. Candidates are advised to check the conditions carefully before filling the NEET SS application form. The applications of ineligible students will be rejected. Further, the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is as follows:
- The applicant must have a Post-Graduate Medical Degree (MD/MS/DNB) or Provisional Pass Certificate or Equivalent Qualification for the Exam.
- The Foreign Nationals are eligible for the exam, and they can apply without MCI registration. Furthermore, the Medical Council of India provides a temporary registration on the payment of application fees for the registration of the Post Doctoral Course.
Thus, these are the prescribed eligibility conditions. Moreover, the registration process mentioned above is to ensure whether the applicant is from an appropriate country or not.
NBE NEET SS Application Form 2021
The first stage of the NEET SS Admission Process is Online Registration. Candidates must fill and submit the application form before the due date for being eligible to appear for the exam. The application form will be available in online mode only. Hence, the students must visit the NBE Official Website to fill the form. Furthermore, candidates must ensure that they provide the correct information. The entered details will be considered during the entire admission process. Moreover, the step by step guide to fill and submit the form successfully is provided below.
How to Fill the NEET SS 2021 Online Application Form?
The steps to fill the NBE NEET SS Application Form are as follows:
- For the registration, the students will have to first visit the NBE Official Website, i.e www.nbe.edu.in
- After registering successfully, your registration ID will appear on the screen. Further, the registration ID and Password will be required for logging in.
- After logging in, the application form will appear on the screen. Candidates can then start filling in the asked details. In addition, the correct information should be entered as that mentioned in the official documents.
- Then a few documents have to be uploaded. The documents should be uploaded as per the prescribed specifications.
- The students will also have to enter their choice of exam center while filling the form. Moreover, the exam centre will be allotted as per the filled in choices only. Hence, ensure that you make the choices carefully.
- Then the payment for the application fee has to be done. The application forms of students who will not submit the fee on time will get rejected. Furthermore, the payment can be done in online mode only through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- After the payment, the confirmation page will appear on the screen. Candidates should take out a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Things to Keep in mind while Filling the Application Form
- The applicants should keep a valid Email ID and Mobile Number ready beforehand. These contact details will be considered for sending the notifications by the authorities.
- In addition, the documents that have to be uploaded should be scanned. Therefore, keep the scanned passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression ready before filling the form.
- The provided details should match the information on the documents. If the details will not match, then the application will get rejected then and there only.
NTA NEET SS Exam Centres 2021
The details of the allotted NEET SS 2021 Exam Centre will be mentioned in the issued Admit Card. Wherein, it will be allotted to students on the first cum first serve basis and in accordance with the filled in choices. The students should thus fill in the form timely to get to the desired exam center. Furthermore, the list of cities across the country in which the exam will be conducted is provided below.
NBE NEET SS Admit Card 2021
The admit cards will be issued soon after the completion of the application process and days before the entrance exam. In addition, the authorities will only release the NEET SS Hall Ticket of students who would have submitted the form on time. Therefore, students must submit the form on time. As no student will be allowed to enter the exam hall without the admit card. It acts as an entry pass and is thus considered one of the most important documents. Further, it will be available in online mode only for download. It wouldn’t be sent through the post. The students will have to carry the hardcopy of it along to the exam center. Moreover, the students can refer to the below-mentioned steps to successfully download the admit card.
How to Download NBE NEET SS Admit Card?
To ensure that the students do not face any difficulty while downloading the hall ticket, the steps for the same are mentioned below. The steps to download the hall ticket are thus as follows:
- Visit the Official Website of NBE- www.nbe.edu.in
- Select the “NEET SS” tab
- Then you will be redirected to a new page. Click on the link to “Applicant Login” there.
- Further, enter your login ID and Password in the login window.
- After logging in successfully, the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Before downloading it, do not forget to check all the details mentioned in it. Further, in case of any discrepancy, immediately contact the authorities. There shouldn’t be any discrepancy in the hall ticket on the exam day.
- Moreover, if all the mentioned details are correct then download the hall ticket and take a printout of it. Candidates should take out 2-3 copies, as it will be required for future references as well.
Instructions for Affixing A Photograph
- The Size of the Photograph must be 35mmX45mm with at least 75% coverage of the Face and Head of the candidate.
- At the bottom of the Photograph, the name, and date of birth of the candidate must be mentioned.
- In addition, the Background of the Photograph must be White.
- Moreover, the Photograph must be printed on a High-Quality Paper and must have at least 600 DPI resolutions.
Details Mentioned in NEET-SS 2021 Hall Ticket
The admit card is considered an essential documents due to the details that are mentioned in it. Thus, the list of details that you will be able to locate in your hall ticket are as follows:
- Candidates’ Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Centre Details
- Application Number
- NBE NEET SS Exam Date and Time
- Post-Graduate Qualification
- Chosen Speciality
- Reporting Time
NBE NEET Super Speciality Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the Entrance Exam should have in-depth knowledge of the NEET SS 2021 Exam Pattern. The exam pattern further includes the Mode of Exam, Time Duration, Format of the Question Paper, Types of Questions, etc. Further, the students can choose two super-specialty programs at max. The authorities further prepare separate question papers for each of the courses. In addition, other important exam details are mentioned below.
Mode of NEET SS Entrance Examination
Computer Based Test (CBT)
Types of Questions
Medium of Question Paper
Number of sections in NEET SS Question Paper
2 (Part A & Part B)
Duration of NEET-SS Paper 1
Duration 2 NBE NEET SS Paper
NEET SS Marking Scheme
4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for one wrong attempt
Total number of Questions
Further, the NEET SS Question Paper will be divided into two parts. Hence, both of the parts are explained below in detail. Thus, the marking scheme and other details are mentioned below.
Part- “A” of NEET SS 2021 Question Paper
- Part A of the question paper comprises 40 Multiple Choice Questions from feeder broad specialty courses.
- If there is a single feeder broad specialty course from one broad specialty course, then part A will consist of questions from one broad.
- For Super Specialty Courses having multiple feeders broad specialty courses, Part A will consist of questions from all the feeder broad courses.
- The time within which it should be completed in 45 minutes.
- Total Marks Allotted – 300 Marks
Part- “B” of NEET SS Question Paper 2021
- The Part-B of the NEET-SS Paper will comprise 60 questions in total.
- The questions asked in the exam will be of PG Exit Level. In addition, it will cover topics related to Clinical Practices and Basic Sciences.
- The students will further get 60 minutes to complete this part of the question paper.
- 4 marks are given for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
Offered NEET SS Courses
|Serial Number||Super Speciality Courses Which Are Clubbed Together|
All are Titled Pediatric except Neonatology
NEET Super Speciality Result 2021
The result will be declared soon after the entrance exam. It will be released in online mode and hence the students will have to visit the NBE Official Website to check their results. Through the NBE NEET Result card, the students will be able to check their qualifying status. The scorecard will further contain the exam roll number, marks secured, and other important details. In addition, it is advised to take out a printout of the scorecard as it will be required during the round of counselling. Furthermore, only the students who will score the minimum qualifying marks will be eligible to take part in counselling.
How to Download NEET SS Scorecard 2021?
- Visit the Official Website of NBE- www.nbe.edu.in. Moreover, the direct link to check the result will be available in the article as well.
- After clicking on the link, enter your login details and submit them.
- Then the scorecard will appear on the screen. Do not forget to cross-check all the details.
- Further, download the scorecard PDF and take a printout of it.
- A printout of the result will be required for further admission processes.
Details Mentioned in NEET-SS Scorecard
- The specialty of the Candidate
- Marks Secured out of 100
- NEET SS Cutoff Score
NEET Super Speciality Merit List 2021
The merit list is prepared for ranking the students in order of merit as per their scores in the entrance exam. It will be released separately for each of the super specialty courses. Thus, the NEET S S Rank List helps authorities in segregating students on the basis of merit. Candidates will further be called for counselling in accordance with the rank list only. It will further be available on the NBE Website. Candidates can check the rank list there to check whether they qualify for the counselling round or not.
The tie-breaking criteria are considered when two or more students end up scoring the exact same marks. To rank the students in a fair manner, the tie-breaking criteria is taken into consideration. Further, the tie-breaking method is as follows:
- The candidate who has attempted lesser incorrect responses in the overall paper will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If the tie still exists, then the student with higher marks in Part-B of the question paper will be preferred.
- In case of a further tie, the applicant with lesser no. of incorrect responses in Part-B of the question paper will be given preference.
- Moreover, in the end, to break the tie, the student with older age will be ranked in the merit list.
NBE NEET-SS Cutoff
The cutoff indicates the minimum qualifying marks as per which the admission will be granted. Thus, it is important for students to score cut off marks. The candidates who will score less than the cutoff will not be eligible for admission. NEET-SS Cutoff 2021 will further be released in online mode soon after the result declaration. The previous years’ cutoff is further mentioned below for reference.
|S. No.||Super Speciality Courses Available||Cut off score at 35th Percentile|
|1||Cardiac Anesthesia/Organ Transplant Anesthesia and Critical Care/Paediatric And Neonatal Anesthesia||224|
|4||Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||195|
|6||Critical Care Medicine||170|
|10||Geriatric Mental Health||153|
|13||Head and Neck Surgery||182|
|14||Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery/Surgical Gastroenterology (G.I Surgery)||215|
|24||Pediatric Cardiology/Neonatology/Paediatric Gastroenterology/Paediatric Hepatology/Paediatric Nephrology/Paediatric Oncology||202|
|26||Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery||139|
|28||Reproductive Medicine and Surgery||211|
|30||Urology (Gento-Urinary Surgery)||165|
|31||Vascular Surgery/CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery/Thoracic Surgery/Paediatric Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery||165|
NBE NEET Super Speciality Counselling 2021
It will be the last and final round of the admission process. NEET SS Counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee. Only the merit list students will be eligible to take part in the counselling. In addition, the counselling will take place in online mode. Thus, the students will have to first register themselves for the same before the due date. The counselling details will be published on the counselling conducting authority’s official website. This admission round is basically conducted for the document verification and seat allotment process. After the counselling, the students will get admission to various super speciality courses as per their rank in the merit list. During the online counselling, candidates will have to upload some documents as well. The list of documents that will be required is provided below.
Documents Required for NEET-SS Counselling
The students will have to upload the scanned copy of the following documents. In addition, ensure that the documents you upload are as per the prescribed specifications.
- NEET SS 2021 Hall Ticket
- NBE NEET SS Marksheet
- Passing Certificate of Graduation
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
During the seat allotment process, the seat matrix and the rank of the student will play a significant role. It basically indicates the no. of seats that will be available for admission in each of the institutes. The seats will further be allotted to students on the basis of their performance in the exam.
NEET SS 2021 FAQs
Ques: Who is the exam conducting body of NEET Super Speciality Exam?
Ans: The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be conducting the entrance exam.
Ques: For what all courses the Exam is conducted?
Ans: Through the entrance exam, the students will get admission to various DM/ MCh courses.
Ques: What is the mode of the entrance exam?
Ans: The NEET-SS Exam will be conducted in online mode.
Ques: In which mode the application form will be released?
Ans: The NEET SS Form will be released in online mode on the official website of NBE.