NEET SS 2020: The Application Form for NEET-SS 2020 has been released in online mode. Candidates must submit the form before the due date. The link to apply is given below. However, the exam date has been announced. Check the updates section for details. It is a single session entrance examination for super specialty courses. The National Board of Examinations is the main exam conducting body. Recently, the authority has released the exam dates. The Exam will take place in the last week of June 2020. This is an eligibility cum ranking admission. The National Board of Examination conducts the entrance examination every year. Candidates can apply for this course to get admission to DM/ M.Ch/ DNB, Post Doctoral Fellowships. The Admission Procedure of NEET SS 2020 will take place as per the Indian Medical Council. Through this entrance examination, candidates can get admission into various Private Medical Colleges/Institutions and Universities. For more details about the exam, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- The Application Form has been released for the 2020 session. Candidates have to submit the NEET-SS Application Form before 23rd August 2020. No form will be accepted after the due date. In addition, the form can be submitted in online mode only.
- NEET SS 2020 Exam has been scheduled for September 15, 2020. The application dates will be announced soon.
- The NBE has postponed the exam in viewing the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. However, the new exam schedule will be released soon. Check out the official notification below.
NEET SS 2020
The Official Website of the NEET Super Speciality Exam is – www.nbe.edu.in. In this article, we have given an overview of the NEET Super Speciality Entrance Exam 2020. We have discussed the eligibility criteria, important date, application form, admit card and much more. Moreover, the students should have knowledge of the exam activities schedule. As the officials may not send any notifications. Further, all the important event dates are mentioned in the table given below.
|The Release of the Official Notification||To be announced|
|Starting Date of the Application Form||To be announced|
|Closing Date of the Application Form||To be announced|
|Correction of the Application Form||To be announced|
|Last Date of Submission of the Application Form||To be announced|
|Issuance of the NEET SS 2020 Hall Ticket||To be announced|
|Exam Date of NEET SS 2020 (Announced)||15th September 2020|
|Declaration of the Result||To be announced|
|First Round of Counselling 2020||To be announced|
|Last Date of Joining the Allotted College||To be announced|
|Second Round of Counselling||To be announced|
|Commencement of the Academic Session||To be announced|
|Last Date of Joining the Allotted College||To be announced|
Check – NEET MDS 2020
The dates will be announced by the National Board of the Examinations. In addition, the application form will be released in online mode. It may not be available in any other mode. The complete application procedure details are given below.
What are Super Speciality Medical Courses?
Well, if you have landed on this article and have the curiosity to know about what are these courses about then you have come to the right place. Okay, let’s start off in a systematic procedure. After clearing the MBBS Course, which is the undergraduate degree, next comes the Post Graduate Course which is the MD, MS, and DNB (Speciality Courses). In the Post Graduate Course Level, there is a number of specializations in which one can pursue. After the completion of this training process, you can become a specialist. Then after completing the Post Graduate Training, you can pursue the Super Speciality Course.
These Super Speciality Courses can be both Medical or Surgical. You can super-specialize in a systematic order only. Like for Example,
- MD in General Medicine can be followed by DM in Cardiology and
- MD in General Surgery can be followed by M.Ch in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
The Medical Super Speciality Degree is D.M and the Surgical Super Speciality Degree is M.Ch.
What is the Scope of NEET 2020 SS Entrance Exam?
Now that you have got an idea about the Super Speciality Courses, let’s now talk about the scope of this Entrance Examination, what benefit will you receive if applied.
- The NEET-SS 2020 is a Single Session Entrance Examination
- The Exam provides admission in M.CH/DM Courses in all the country including all the Private Medical Colleges/Institutions and Universities.
- Not only this, but it also provides admissions to the Armed Forces Medical Institutions.
Institutes that do not Participate in this Entrance Examination
The Following Institutes do not participate in the NEET Super Speciality Entrance Exam 2020 are-
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
NEET SS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria is a very important factor in any Admission procedure. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria then you will be eligible to participate in the Admission process. The Eligibility Criteria here includes the Educational Qualifications both for Indian Nationals and Foreign Nationals. Further, the NEET SS Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- If you want to participate in this admission process, then you need to submit your Post-Graduate Medical Degree (MS/MD/DNB) or Provisional Pass Certificate or Equivalent Qualification for the Entrance Examination.
- The NEET-SS 2020 also welcomes the Foreign Candidates to participate. Foreign Nationals can also apply. They can apply without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India will provide a temporary registration on the payment of the application of fees for the Registration of the Post Doctoral Course.
- This Registration Process is to ensure that whether the applicant has registered from an appropriate country or not.
Check the Complete NEET-SS Official Notification 2019 here. The 2020 session information brochure will be released in the same format. Candidates should read it out carefully.
To be Noted-
- Applicants who are qualifying or are getting the results of their qualifications after 15th July 2020 will be rejected.
- It is very necessary to satisfy the eligibility criteria, because if candidates are found ineligible then they will not be allowed to appear the NEET Super Speciality Entrance Exam 2020.
This is the first stage of the admission process. The National Board of Examinations will release the NEET SS Application Form on its official website- ntaboard.edu.in. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria then you will be able to fill in the registration form. Further, the other important details about the exam are mentioned down below.
Important Highlights of NEET SS Application Form
- The Application Form will be available in online mode on the official website of NBE.
- The Mode of Filling the Application Form is Online only. It will not be available in any other mode.
- Candidates must provide correct details while filling the application form. Submission of wrong details can lead to the rejection of the application form.
How to Fill NEET SS Application Form 2020?
The Mode of Filling the Application Form of NEET SS is Online only. The Step By Step Process to fill in the Application form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of National Board of Examinations – www.nbe.edu.in
- Click on the Application Form Link present on the Homepage.
- You will be now redirected to a new page.
- The First Step is your Registration Process.
- In the Registration Process- you have to enter your Personal Details such as – Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, E-mail ID, Phone Number etc.
- Click on the Submit Button, a Registration ID along with Password is received on your registered mobile number and email id.
- Log In using the credentials and fill in the rest of the details.
- The Rest of the Details includes your Educational Details, Choosing the Test Center, Super Speciality Course etc.
- Recheck all the details before heading to the next step.
- Upload your Photograph and Signature as per the specifications.
- Make the Payment of the Application Form and Click on the submit button.
- Download and take the printout of the Application Form. Keep the Application Form Printout safe for future reference.
NEET SS Application Exam Fee 2020
The Exam Fee includes the Examination Fee and Information Bulletin. The Cost of the Application Fees of NEET SS 2020 is Rs 3,750. The Information Bulletin will be available on www.nbe.edu.in
The Registration Fees can be paid using an Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card issued by the Banks in India. The Fees are Non-Refundable and will not be carried forward if the application form is rejected or is found to be ineligible to appear in the examination.
Candidates are advised to submit the online application form before the closing date. Provide an active mobile number and valid e-mail id.
NEET SS 2020 Admit Card
The NEET 2020 SS Admit Card will be available in June/July 2020. The Admit Card Link will be available online on the official website of NBE- www.nbe.edu.in. The NEET-SS Admit Card is available only to those candidates who have submitted their application form successfully.
Highlights of NEET SS Admit Card 2020
- The Admit Card will be available after the completion of the Application Form.
- The NEET-SS Hall Ticket will be released in June 2020.
- Candidates can be able to download the Admit Card online.
- It is a mandatory document that has to be carried by the candidate to the examination.
- No Candidate will be allowed to appear the exam without an Admit Card.
How to Download NEET SS Admit Card?
The Step by Step Procedure to Download NEET SS 2020 Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of National Board of Examinations – www.nbe.edu.in
- Click on the Admit Card Link
- Enter your Registration ID and Password
- Click on the “Submit Button”
- The hall ticket will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Printout safe until the completion of the Admission Procedure.
After downloading the Admit Card, candidates have to affix their recent passport size photograph.
Instructions for Affixing A Photograph
- The Size of the Photograph must be 35mm X45mm with at least 75% coverage of Face and Head of the candidate.
- At the bottom of the Photograph, the candidate must mention their name and date of birth.
- The Background of the Photograph must be White.
- The Photograph must be printed on a High-Quality Paper and must have at least 600 dpi resolutions.
Details Printed on NEET 2020 Super Speciality Admit Card
The Details Printed on NEET SS Admit Card 2020 is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Date of the Examination
- Venue of the Examination
- Father’s Name
- List of the Instructions
- Name of the Examination
If the candidate finds any discrepancy in the information, then the candidate has to report the Exam Authority before the date of the examination. If the details wouldn’t match, then the invigilator will not allow you to sit for the exam. The NEET SS Admit Card is an important document. No candidate will be allowed to appear the examination without an Admit Card.
NEET SS 2020 Test Center
At the time of the submission of the application form, candidates are supposed to submit their options for Test Center. The chosen city will be allotted by the National Board of the Examinations. The allotment of the examination center will be purely on the basis of the first cum first service. Candidates can check their NBE NEET- SS Exam Center/Test Center on the Admit Card. The Test Centers will be allocated seven days before the date of the examination.
If in case the Test Center is not available, the one you prefer, then you can choose from other options from the list of the states. If in case that test center is not available due to certain reasons then, a nearby test centre/examination center will be allocated to the candidate.
List of NEET SS 2020 Exam Centers
The exam centers list as per the last years’ records is given below. These are the cities wherein the exam centres will be located. Candidates will be allowed to enter their choice of exam centre. Note that the exam center will not be changed under any circumstances after the release of the admit card.
Check – AIIMS MBBS 2020
NEET SS Exam Pattern 2020
The Exam Pattern is a very important part of the Admission Procedure. The Examination Pattern will help the candidates to get an idea about the Examination and start preparing for the exam. The Exam Pattern includes details such as – Mode of the Exam, Total Time Duration, Number of Questions, Format of the Questions, etc.
Highlights of NEET SS 2020 Exam Pattern
- The NEET Super Speciality Exam is a Computer Based Entrance Test.
- The Entrance Exam will be held on a single day only.
- While filling the application form, candidates had to choose two super specialty courses.
- The Total Time Duration of the Exam depends on the number of courses taken.
- The Questions will be in Objective Type Format.
- The Question Paper of NEET SS is divided into two parts- Part A and B.
- There is negative marking for every wrong answer.
- All the Questions will be of PG Exit Level.
NEET SS Exam Pattern 2020 – In Details
- This is a Computer Based Test. The Exam will take place on 28th June 2020.
- In the Examination, candidates have to choose any two super specialty courses for which his/her broad specialty qualification is eligible at the time of filling the application form.
- There will be a separate question paper for each super specialty.
- The Exam Paper is divided into two parts – Part A and B.
- Total Number of Questions includes 100 Questions.
- The Time Duration for One Super Speciality Course is 1 Hour and 35 Minutes whereas the time duration for the candidates who have chosen two super specialty courses is 3 Hours 30 Minutes.
- There is negative marking for every wrong answer. Four Marks will be rewarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Part- “A” of NEET SS Exam Paper 2020
- Part A comprises of 40 Multiple Choice Questions from feeder broad specialty courses.
- If there is a single feeder broad specialty course from one broad specialty course, then the part A will consist of questions from one broad.
- For Super Specialty Courses having multiple feeders broad specialty courses, Part A will consist of questions from all the feeder broad courses.
- Total Time Allotted is 45 Minutes.
- Total Marks Allotted for Part A – 300 Marks
Part- “B” of NEET SS Exam Paper 2020
- This part of the Question Paper comprises of 60 Questions.
- Questions will be of PG Exit Level. It will cover topics related to Clinical Practices and Basic Sciences.
- Time Allocated for Part- B is 60 Minutes.
- 4 marks are given for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
NBE NEET SS Entrance Exam 2020
The National Board of Examinations will conduct the NEET Super Speciality Exam. Candidates whose application form has been accepted by NBE will receive the Admit card in order to appear the exam. The Exam will take place online in various cities. Candidates who have issued with the NEET SS Hall Ticket will be eligible. In order to appear the exam, the candidates have to reach the examination center on the given reporting time. Candidates who fail to reach the examination center on time, will not be allowed to give the exam.
NEET SS 2020 Super Speciality Courses
Some of the Super Specialty Courses which have fewer seats and have a single common feeder are clubbed together. The Clubbed Group of the Super Specialty Courses will be treated as one of the purposes for the Online Submission of the Application Form.
A Candidate can choose only two super specialty courses that are clubbed. The List of the Super Specialty Courses are –
|Serial Number||Super Speciality Courses Which Are Clubbed Together|
All are Titled Pediatric except Neonatology
Check – NEET PG 2020 Merit List
Documents to be Carried to the NEET SS 2020 Exam Center
Candidates need to carry certain documents along with them to the exam hall. The officials will not allow any students to sit for the exam without it. Following are the documents that have to be carried to the NEET SS Exam Center is as follows-
- Printed Copy of the NEET SS Admit Card 2020
- Photocopy of Permanent/Provisional SMC/MCI Registration
- A Valid Photo Identity Proof (PAN Card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport/Aadhaar Card etc. )
NEET SS 2020 Result
NEET SS 2020 Result will be available online on the official website of the National Board of Examinations. The National Board of Examinations will declare the result. The NEET-SS Result includes the names of the candidates who have been selected for the further process. The Merit List of NEET SS 2020 will be prepared on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores obtained by the candidates. The Merit List will declare the rank of the candidate as well. There will be a separate merit list for each super specialty course.
The Minimum Qualifying Percentile for each super specialty course is 35%. Therefore, a candidate who scores 35% or more is declared to be qualified. The Result will be available in PDF Format so that it can be easy to download.
NEET SS Tie-Breaker Criteria 2020
The Tie-Breaking Criteria is used when the candidates score the same number of marks. This method is used to rank the candidates. The criteria under which the NEET SS Tie Breaking is done as follows-
- Candidates having less number of wrong answers will get a higher rank than the other.
- The Applicants scoring higher rank in Part B of the Question Paper will receive a higher rank.
- Candidates with less number of negative responses in Part B will get a higher merit position.
- If still, the tie exists, then the candidate older on age gets a higher rank.
NEET SS 2020 Cutoff
The NEET SS Cut Off 2020 is the minimum cutoff marks that are set by the National Board of Examination. Candidates who score more than the minimum marks will be selected for the counselling round. The Minimum Qualifying Marks of NEET SS 2020 is 35 Percentile.
|S. No.||Super Speciality Courses Available||Cut off score at 35th Percentile|
|1||Cardiac Anesthesia/Organ Transplant Anesthesia and Critical Care/Paediatric And Neonatal Anesthesia||224|
|4||Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||195|
|6||Critical Care Medicine||170|
|10||Geriatric Mental Health||153|
|13||Head and Neck Surgery||182|
|14||Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery/Surgical Gastroenterology (G.I Surgery)||215|
|24||Pediatric Cardiology/Neonatology/Paediatric Gastroenterology/Paediatric Hepatology/Paediatric Nephrology/Paediatric Oncology||202|
|26||Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery||139|
|28||Reproductive Medicine and Surgery||211|
|30||Urology (Gento-Urinary Surgery)||165|
|31||Vascular Surgery/CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery/Thoracic Surgery/Paediatric Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery||165|
The Release of NEET SS Merit List 2020
The National Board of Examinations will declare the NEET Super Speciality Merit List. The Merit List will be released specialty wise. The Merit List will be released separately for each super specialty courses. The NEET SS Merit List will be generated on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates and the tie-breaking method used.
NEET SS Counselling 2020
The Counselling Round will take place after the release of the Merit List. The Directorate of General of Health Services, Government of India. There will be common counselling for all seats of NEET SS 2020 Counselling. The Counselling Process is held online in August. Candidates whose name has been shortlisted on the merit list will be eligible to attend the counseling round. The Counselling process is held in two rounds.
Candidates have to do a separate registration. They have to mention all the details correctly in order to participate in the counselling round. Candidates have to carry their required documents at the time of reporting the allotted college for the course admission.
Overview of NEET SS 2020
|The motive of the Examination||Qualifying cum Ranking Examination for Admission to DM/M.Ch Courses|
|Mode of the Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Conducting Body||The National Board of Examinations|
|Negative Marking||Yes (4 marks awarded for the correct answer and 1 mark deducted for the wrong answer)|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks||35%|
|Conducting Body for the Seat Allotment Process||The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)|
|Reservation of Seats||No|
The NEET Super Specialty Entrance Exam 2020 is a Single Session Exam, that is conducted once in a year. The Exam allows admission in DM/M.Ch Courses. The Application Form will be released in May 2020. Candidates are advised to check the official website frequently to get the latest updates and notifications.